Author Topic: George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban  (Read 9754 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Are you getting paid the same 30 cents per post, that the semi-pros got ??

I wish I'd gone to Red State first.  I got a much clearer picture of W's Today show appearance.

No one can deny that he's been an incredibly great supporter of our veterans and, if nothing else, that should grant him respect.

That, in fact, was why he appeared on the Today show.... to show his paintings and to encourage support for veterans. 

Of course, they tried to goad him into criticizing Trump and they failed.

He tempered his comment about immigration laws by saying they should also protect the country or something like that.

Very mild when you consider what he and his brother suffered at the hands of Trump during the nomination process.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The Bush's and Clinton's are cut from the same cloth.  Their dynasties had a grip on this country like no other.  They are not pleased with the fact that Trump ended that control when he won.  The Clinton foundation is unraveling ... I have no idea the amount of political money (foreign and domestic) that the Bush's and Clinton's  have accumulated over the years; but hopefully Trump put a plug in the money flowing into their pockets and a whole lot of people down the food chain are feeling the pinch as well.  The corruption of the Clinton's and the Bush's is notable and shouldn't be forgotten.  We have a President that is trying to reverse the course and for that I have to give him credit and stand by him.  It astounds me that people are still bellyaching over his win ... sure the guy said some crude things, may have done some crude things, isn't that charismatic and doesn't speak so eloquently, but at the end of the day, it seems he's starting to get the job done as he promised.  It's a little over a month into his presidency...so far, I can't find anything really to complain about.

That's a big fat lie.  The Bushes are good people.  The Clinton's are corrupt people.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

He's a new playtoy for you fellas (and TOS) to swat around for a while.

Were Reagan alive and made some comment about Trump you'd attack him too.

Aint it the truth!

Offline dfwgator

Very mild when you consider what he and his brother suffered at the hands of Trump during the nomination process.

Tippy-Toes brought it upon himself.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Oh, please.  What was he supposed to do?  Knock her away.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bush's own words, at least, Jeb and Dubya have been flattering of the Clintons. Not sure what people are up about. It can be documented.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/05/politics/george-w-bush-hillary-clinton-jeb-bush/index.html

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Did not take long for the pack to glom on

George W. Bush Not Thrilled by Behavior of Monster He Helped Create

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/bush-not-thrilled-by-behavior-of-monster-he-helped-create.html?mid=twitter_dailyintelligencer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Actually Bush seems like a pretty sincere person.  When it came to being criticized he tended to turn the other cheek...like it or not it's what he chose to do.  As a person he's probably a really nice guy....as a president...I respected him.....probably not so much now.

He was on the Today show this morning with injured service members of whom he had painted paintings.  The paintings were quite good and he was very gracious to them as they were to him.  No doubt the man has a good heart.

He wasn't perfect....but is anyone?

Thank you for one of the few sensible posts on this thread.  Is everybody crazy now?

Offline dfwgator

At least he could have had a more manly pose.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Thank you for one of the few sensible posts on this thread.  Is everybody crazy now?

I see a LOT of sensible posts. It is pretty significant that he chose to discard his previous policy concerning former Presidents.

His being a nice and sincere man has nothing to do with the consequences of his words.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“It’s very hard to fight the war on terrorism if we’re in retreat,” Bush answered. “I think we learned that lesson — that if the United States decides to pull out before a free society emerges, it’s going to be hard to defeat them. The enemy is very good about exploiting weakness. If that’s the goal, to defeat ISIS, I believe that we should project strength.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/27/george-w-bush-favors-a-welcoming-immigration-policy-says-media-is-indispensable-to-democracy/#ixzz4ZuifUVgM

W is still looking to nation build with American blood and treasure---but managed to keep quiet during the Obama administration.

I'd say W's a surprising disappointment, but I've seen the real man for a long time.   

We should have heeded Jackson's advice.   **nononono*

No he didn't need to knock her away.  It's his leaning in and swooning with closed eyes that turns my stomach @Emjay

I'm rather surprised it pleases you.

At least he could have had a more manly pose.

I never saw him react with such love before .. even with Laura.

The Bushes are good people.  The Clinton's are corrupt people.

I don't know how you define "good people" @Emjay  --- or who in the Bush clan you're blessing with this label. Corruption runs wide and deep in that family tree. 

Offline montanajoe

Seems for some anyone who is critical of the Great Orange One is not a conservative.....

My view of Trump has not changed, he is a huckster and has conned a lot of good people...

He's spent a month flapping his jaws but really nothing of significance has been accomplished...other than laying the groundwork for blaming others when his promises can't be kept.

If Trump is the face of conservatism in the USA in 2017 then I'm not a conservative as I'm embarrassed to be associated with the idjiot.. :shrug:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I never saw him react with such love before .. even with Laura.
Are you talking about W or the manly figure next to him?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Vulcan

Another fake conservative smoked out. Did W say one word critical of Obama? Ever?

Bush was "smoked out" as early as 2001 and again later in 2007 when he ignored conservative opposition to his amnesty and said, "See you at the bill signing".

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Never.

On the other hand now I don't feel so bad about bashing the knucklehead.
Yeah, me too, he's making it really hard to want to even try pointing out any good things he did, eight years of I'm not gonna comment, I'm retired, which I could respect. But now when there is a Republican President, now he feels it is right to criticize the sitting President?
Shut up George, ride your bike, paint your pictures, go support the troops. That's it George, shut up and go support the troops then I can at least have some tolerance.

Offline musiclady

In a word........ YES.

Thanks for your posts here, @Emjay
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Bush was "smoked out" as early as 2001 and again later in 2007 when he ignored conservative opposition to his amnesty and said, "See you at the bill signing".

Anyone who did their homework knew he wasn't an across the board conservative in  2000 or before.

If you voted for him thinking he would be completely conservative, you were ill informed.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Who said he was a conservative?  I like the guy, but we knew way back that he was no conservative.

Glad I caught your post @Sanguine.

I STILL like the guy, but the idea that he was an across the board conservative is silly.  He NEVER was.

But he's a good man.  Period.

And the idea that his words here were "opening up on Trump" is just silly.

Offline Vulcan

Anyone who did their homework knew he wasn't an across the board conservative in  2000 or before.

If you voted for him thinking he would be completely conservative, you were ill informed.

I have never thought of George W Bush (or any Bush) to be "completely conservative". 

I voted for him because the alternative was Al Gore.   

My regretful part in putting the liberal turd Bush in the White House is why I refused to vote for the New York liberal Donald Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban

http://www.today.com/news/george-w-bush-opens-trump-s-war-media-russia-travel-t108627

In a wide-ranging interview that shied away from directly criticizing the current commander in chief, former President George W. Bush said it's critical for the media to hold accountable “people who abuse their power." He also said he favored an immigration policy that was more "welcoming."

snip
------------------------------------------------

hmmmmmm

Fake news.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fake news.

Sure looks like it.  I don't see any "opening up".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sure looks like it.  I don't see any "opening up".

Nope.  The headline doesn't match the story.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!