Author Topic: George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban  (Read 9753 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
All this debate just because of a phony headline about a gracious man who is supporting our veterans.  :shrug:

Just a single thought here........ can anyone name a President who was more conservative that George W. Bush, other than Reagan in any of our lifetimes?  Nixon?  Eisenhower?  Ford?  Bush I? How about guys who ran and lost?  Dole? McCain?  Romney?

Yes, he disappointed, and even angered almost all of us in his second term, but is he really the monster some describe here?

I'd just like a little realism on the subject.  @txradioguy has talked about his total support of the troops, during and since his Presidency.   I would also like to add that he never, ever wavered in his support for the unborn, and a culture of life. 

History will judge George W. Bush far better than conservative political forums have done.

At any rate, this is a stupid headline.  Bush never "opened up" on anyone.  And he never will.

Stop being so hyper sensitive, Trumpers.

Exactly right, Music Lady.  Thank you so much for a truly good post about a good man.

The only reason he's been in the 'spotlight' at all lately is because of his efforts to support the troops.  Anytime he gets in the crosshairs of the media, they WILL try to embarrass him and try to get him to say things they can later exploit.  I'd say he does a pretty good job of deflecting, but try telling anything to Trumpers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Exactly right, Music Lady.  Thank you so much for a truly good post about a good man.

The only reason he's been in the 'spotlight' at all lately is because of his efforts to support the troops.  Anytime he gets in the crosshairs of the media, they WILL try to embarrass him and try to get him to say things they can later exploit.  I'd say he does a pretty good job of deflecting, but try telling anything to Trumpers.

'Love' me some Sneakypete!    He's "DA MAN"!!

Also love the hell out of George W. Bush, too!

And like what used to be 'normal' around here....one has nothing to do with the other.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Of course that's what's happening.  The media ALWAYS wants to embarrass him, and every Republican.

You'd think they'd figure that out by now.

Ever since he left office, George W. has minded his own business, worked hard for our military, worked for the freedom of oppressed people around the world (especially Christians), and lived out his faith.

That makes him a target of the left.  The left can't stand genuine goodness.

I appreciate any rational discussion when it's relevant, but the phony headline and trying to make something out of nothing is, IMO, not appropriate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

@sneakypete

Great posts Brother, I really enjoy it. Reading some of your stories reminds me of when I was in school still yet, there was this movie where this Native American fellow I believe was an ex-Green Beret and he was out there, per the movie I believe in a remote area of California but it almost could have passed for Colorado or the 4 corners region. And he was real proficient at Martial Arts, Kung Fu, Karate, I'm not sure which.  I enjoyed it and it's part of a series actually, I caught one of the other movies too once.

@TomSea

Billy Jack?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@musiclady

I know the man personally as well as all of the major players on his team.  He is the only person to have been president that I can say that about. He was a GREAT governor of Texas but continued to rely on the same people as his advisors as president.  Those people were WAY out of their death at that level and thus ruined his presidency.

Like it or not that is my take on it.

@Bigun

MY take is that he is and was a well-meaning nice guy that was totally over his head in the WH,and on top of that a mama's boy that just followed orders without understanding the end results. Nice guy,horrible president.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt over invading Iraq and hanging Hussein. IMHO,he was just flat-out too freaking stupid to understand what he was doing other than following the orders of his handlers,who were and are a truly evil pack of treasonous bastards who would pimp out their mama's for a fresh 50 dollar bill.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
There is plenty to criticize Bush on.  But the interview was done with class.  He didn't bash Trump he stuck to what he thinks.  I didn't hear him say Trump was doing this or that wrong.

There is plenty to criticize Trump for also.  It is up to every one of us to form an opinion.  Do you think that we should have taken the oil.  My personal beef with Bush was that we allowed them to institute a Constitution recognizing Sharia Law in Iraq.  Sharia the basis used for attacking us on 9/11.  We fought and died in Iraq.  I supported it.  Saddam was a threat and he also was funding terrorism.  But to allow them to base a government on the very thing that causes terrorism doesn't make sense.

Clinton should have done something beside allowing women and children to starve under the corrupt UN Oil For Food.  Wasting our money on no fly zones and UN inspections.  Did he have WMDs?  Didn't he gas all those Kurds and didn't they find mass graves in the deserts of Iraq.  Support or not we made the decision to go in and remove Saddam.  Obama pulled out the troops and left Iraq to ISIS.

I also didn't like how Bush pandered to President Fox on illegal immigration and Amnesty.  I had a love/hate view of Bush.

Probably likely I will have a love/hate of Trump too.  But Trumps issues should be examined according to what he does.  We are all capable.  But Bush did the interview with class.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another fake conservative smoked out. Did W say one word critical of Obama? Ever?
He pretty much kept his mouth shut for the last 8 years, he can continue to do so as far as I am concerned. He had plenty of time to speak out against all sorts of abuses of the office, and now he seeks relevance. Thank you for your service, 'W', but there is new management in Washington, and you lost your opportunity for relevance during the last administration. (No, we didn't want your brother, either, and the dream of dynasty is over.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Bush made a few mild comments about Obama.

It's just that most people prefer to forget them.

He's a gracious man.  He always has been and he always will be.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.