Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today  (Read 13175 times)

Offline JustPassinThru

Re: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2017, 03:29:03 am »
The public was buffaloed with BarryKair. They hadn't a clue what was in it, to paraphrase SanFranNan. All they had was Obama's lies.

People have no problem understanding terrorists masquerading as refugees. 24 was a pretty popular series.

The public OVERWHELMINGLY DIDN'T WANT IT.

That didn't make a damn bit of difference to Congress: to the Kenyan; to the Courts.

When it's a Leftist initiative, public opinion counts for NOTHING.  Full-speed-ahead.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2017, 03:29:55 am »
**nononono* :whistle:

Assertion is not proof.

Show us, either Constitution or case law, where the President has the ability to ignore the courts.

22222frying pan

Offline skeeter

« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2017, 03:30:46 am »
The public OVERWHELMINGLY DIDN'T WANT IT.

That didn't make a damn bit of difference to Congress: to the Kenyan; to the Courts.

When it's a Leftist initiative, public opinion counts for NOTHING.  Full-speed-ahead.

You may be right.

But we both know where this will ultimately lead, don't we.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2017, 03:31:31 am »
You are saying that if Russia moves it's army thru Mexico and attacks the USA... that a minor Trial judge can issue a TRO stopping the President from ordering our ARmy to stop them.

Nice.

That is pretty much what the courts have ruled. We are virtually at war with the 7 nations effected by the ban, but the courts have ruled that those 7 nations have a right to send their fighters to our country and we can't do a damn thing about it. Insanity.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2017, 03:31:54 am »
And I bet your knuckles have the ruler marks to prove it!
Thank God plastic rulers were already around and not the old metal ones.

Yes, they got rapped more than once, and one good spanking in Principal Stella's office for hoisting up an empty bottle of gin up the flagpole that fell and broke.  Had to also pick up all those pieces of glass in the grass.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2017, 03:32:15 am »
You may be right.

But we both know where this will ultimately lead, don't we.

I think you'll be surprised.

I think the eight-justice SCOTUS will tie vote on whether to hear this case - and in that case, the nays hold.

The Appeals Court ruling holds.

I don't know what's next except that in the interim, jihad proceeds apace.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2017, 03:33:44 am »
Assertion is not proof.

Show us, either Constitution or case law, where the President has the ability to ignore the courts.

22222frying pan

Show me anything in law that says the Executive is not equal to the Judiciary and anything that grants the courts any power to enforce their opinions!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2017, 03:34:38 am »
You showed me nothing.

I couldn't even read through that garbled post.

You have a FANTASY about who holds the upper hand here.  I don't know where you're getting it from but right now, the Appeals Court ruling is final.

And the Supreme Court may or may NOT choose to hear the case.  If they vote four-four, the nays hold.  They do not hear it.  The Appeals Court ruling holds.

And all your fantasy and bluster and tub-thumping changes none of that.
No more arguments with a deaf person, especially one that thinks the courts are sacrosanct.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2017, 03:35:28 am »
You showed me nothing.

You have a FANTASY about who holds the upper hand here.  I don't know where you're getting it from but right now, the Appeals Court ruling is final.

And the Supreme Court may or may NOT choose to hear the case.  If they vote four-four, the nays hold.  They do not hear it.  The Appeals Court ruling holds.

Actually it goes thru Kennedy. He oversees the 9th. As such Kennedy has the power to set aside the TRO all by himself. Alternatively Kennedy can send it for purvey of the entire Court...should they so choose.

Personally, I think Kennedy sets aside the TRO until SCOTUS chooses to take it up. The law is clear as are Kennedy's writings on this. Likewise any such"immediate harm" to Washington Universities that the Tissue paper thin "reasoning's' of the "judge" pales in consideration of the real harm moslem jihadi's from these countryies are perpetrating in the rest of the world foolish enough to take these venomous "refugees".
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline jpsb

« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2017, 03:37:59 am »
You showed me nothing.

I for one welcome our new overlords, unelected federal judges. Who needs a congress or a president? I think federal judgeships should be hereditary. Oldest first child gets the seat when it becomes vacant. Plato would agree, lets wind the clock back 2,500 years.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:17:49 am by jpsb »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2017, 03:38:01 am »
Actually it goes thru Kennedy. He oversees the 9th. As such Kennedy has the power to set aside the TRO all by himself. Alternatively Kennedy can send it for purvey of the entire Court...should they so choose.

Personally, I think Kennedy sets aside the TRO until SCOTUS chooses to take it up. The law is clear as are Kennedy's writings on this. Likewise any such"immediate harm" to Washington Universities that the Tissue paper thin "reasoning's' of the "judge" pales in consideration of the real harm moslem jihadi's from these countryies are perpetrating in the rest of the world foolish enough to take these venomous "refugees".

888high58888 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2017, 03:38:52 am »

A good bet.

Any intelligence on whether Congress is addressing via legislation to enact same rather than a EO?  Always better to have a law than an EO, as Obama has already found out.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2017, 03:38:57 am »
Actually, President Trump reminds me of a Conservative Teddy Roosevelt. I am surprised by that, actually, as I never considered that Trump had a Conservative bone in his body... my bad.
@Fantom
@txradioguy

Trump is neither conservative nor liberal - his goal all his life was/is to be popular, so he is doing what his audience of conservatives want to keep them loving him.  He is playing the role of savior and it is working with the masses - think mass hypnosis at his gatherings across the land.  They will defend him to their death.  Captain Ahab in Moby Dick did the same - got the crew with him using  the same mass hypnosis technique Trump used, until they were going to kill the whale for Ahab, or die, and they did.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:40:23 am by Victoria33 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2017, 03:39:36 am »
The Executive does not have to submit his declaration of a national emergency to any court. It must take his word on it.

Unconstitutional.

Did you learn that in the same class that didn't teach you about coequal branches of Government?   :silly:

We've had a National Emergency declared?  Someone  forgot to notify the military and the state emergency management offices.

You're so freaking emotional on this issue now you're claiming a National Emergency has been declared...a blatant falsehood.

Go sip some decaf and calm down
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2017, 03:41:07 am »
Did you learn that in the same class that didn't teach you about coequal branches of Government?   :silly:

We've had a National Emergency declared?  Someone  forgot to notify the military and the state emergency management offices.

You're so freaking emotional on this issue now you're claiming a National Emergency has been declared...a blatant falsehood.

Go sip some decaf and calm down
Just substitute national security and go back to sleep.

You just had a bad dream

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2017, 03:44:15 am »

You just had a bad dream

No you're just having a bad day where facts are concerned.

Like I said you're too emotional and it's showing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2017, 03:44:22 am »
This is a trap and a box that's been laid.  Any terrorist mass-slaughter now done will be laid at Trump's feet.  And if Trump ignores this kangaroo-kourt ruling...he'll be Impeached.

Trump has shown a fair amount of skill at pushing a narrative through the media clutter.  If something happens due to the political games, he will unleash an F-5 #^*%storm in every direction.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:11 am »

This is a bit of hyperbole isn't it?  How many people have been killed by people in this country from these countries?

Good question.

Here's a valid response.

How many people had been killed in this country by people from Saudi Arabia prior to 9/11?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:52 am »
No you're just having a bad day where facts are concerned.

Like I said you're too emotional and it's showing.
Hey, I found a new game for you  http://compgovfilmcblock.blogspot.com/2008/09/which-branch-of-us-government-is-most.html

Go play to see if you can come up with the three being equal.  Try it.  You might like it.

And you have a real emotional twist in invading this thread with some other thread.

Dream on.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:55 am »

You just had a bad dream

These are not the "National Emergencies" you are looking for.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2017, 03:49:22 am »
These are not the "National Emergencies" you are looking for.
Nope.  I already corrected so what is the issue?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2017, 03:51:02 am »
@Fantom
@txradioguy

Trump is neither conservative nor liberal - his goal all his life was/is to be popular, so he is doing what his audience of conservatives want to keep them loving him.  He is playing the role of savior and it is working with the masses - think mass hypnosis at his gatherings across the land.  They will defend him to their death.  Captain Ahab in Moby Dick did the same - got the crew with him using  the same mass hypnosis technique Trump used, until they were going to kill the whale for Ahab, or die, and they did.

Actually I am a Cruz man.

But like Ted, I gave Trump a chance..... and so far I really like what he is doing. Personnel and policy.. not whatever Jedi mindtricks you think Obi Trump has.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2017, 03:52:53 am »
Nope.  I already corrected so what is the issue?

Sorry Isail.. I was actually mocking trixy.  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:28 am »
Show me anything in law that says the Executive is not equal to the Judiciary and anything that grants the courts any power to enforce their opinions!

Nixon - ordered by courts to spend impounded funds
For example, in 1972, Richard Nixon attempted to impound funds on an environmental project which he opposed. Congress had previously overridden Nixon's veto of the project. The Supreme Court in Train v. City of New York (1975)[1] ruled that the impoundment power cannot be used to frustrate the will of Congress under such circumstances.

The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 was passed as Congress felt that President Nixon was abusing his authority to impound the funding of programs he opposed. The Act effectively removed the impoundment power of the president and required him to obtain Congressional approval if he wants to rescind specific government spending. President Nixon signed the Act with little protest because the administration was then embroiled in the Watergate scandal and unwilling to provoke Congress.[6]

However, the procedure set up by the Act was cumbersome. All recent presidents supported the restoration of the impoundment power, including Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama. Politicians such as John McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, Pat Buchanan, Jeb Hensarling, Russ Feingold, Joe Lieberman, Judd Gregg and Paul Ryan also supported the restoration of the power.[7]

The Line Item Veto Act of 1996 gave the president the power of line-item veto, which President Bill Clinton applied to the federal budget 82 times[8][9] before the law was struck down in 1998 by the Supreme Court on the grounds of it being in violation of the Presentment Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:36 am »
I for one welcome our new overlords, unelected federal judges. Who needs a congress or an president? I think federal judgeship should be hereditary. Oldest first child gets the seat went it becomes vacant. Plato would agree, lets wind the clock back 2,500 years.

Very soon.

likely the "judge" will soon be called "mullah."