Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today  (Read 13156 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2017, 03:03:32 am »
Let them draw up articles of impeachment until their fingers are bloody stumps!  They will go exactly nowhere!

:silly:

Says who?

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2017, 03:03:55 am »
I find it fascinating that during the Reign of His Heinous, King Obama, neither Congress or the courts stopped or put up any kind of restraints to all of his E.O.s and unconstitutional decrees.
I find it nothing of the sort.

I find it DEPRESSING, that the Left controls the bureaucracy, the courts, and the media; and holds an arm bent behind about half the members of CONgress.  They run the show.  Left-> Good.  Right/Conservative/Traditional/American -> BAD.

This throws the door open for the Left's wet-dream:  Change of citizenry; replace those Bitter Clingers with pliant serfs who want unlimited power in government.

Of course they're not productive in any way shape manner or form...but since these moron lifers in CONgress don't have any perspective, they don't know what it IS to rule a banana republic or a theocracy.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:11 am »
Your argument for that is, what?

Do Presidents order judges to do things?

Or do JUDGES order PRESIDENTS to do, not do, not implement things?

Trump can ignore this ruling, a la Jackson.  He can also be Impeached for it, a la Johnson.  Or Bubba, if you like.

The Dems would LOVE to have a narrative that would justify Articles of Impeachment.  This is the bait to give them the shot.
Really having a tough time following your logic.

Are you suggesting that a judge orders a President in cases of national security to or not to implement that security?

If that is what you are arguing, then you are incorrect.

A President has ABSOLUTE authority as per the Constitution to implement national security measures, regardless of what any court, including the Supreme Court might think.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:35 am »

:silly:

Says who?

Says me! Who else do you think is typing on my keyboard?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2017, 03:05:43 am »
I find it fascinating that during the Reign of His Heinous, King Obama, neither Congress or the courts stopped or put up any kind of restraints to all of his E.O.s and unconstitutional decrees.

This is just plainly false:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/06/obama-has-lost-in-the-supreme-court-more-than-any-modern-president/

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2017, 03:06:12 am »
The wild card in an impeachment scenario would be public opinion.

And I believe Trump, in this case, would have that in his corner.

Of course it would be a disaster if it got that far. The left has created quite a hash here as it is.

How did that Public-Opinion thingy work, with BarryKair?

The Left doesn't give a flying frig about public opinion.  They care about their TRANSFORMATION - from a repugnant White Man's World, to a New De-Growth society, where everyone can have only what government allows them, no more.

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2017, 03:06:38 am »
The wild card in an impeachment scenario would be public opinion.

And I believe Trump, in this case, would have that in his corner.

Of course it would be a disaster if it got that far. The left has created quite a hash here as it is.
It sure would be.

Imagine the argument the libs would have favoring the rights of foreigners over that of the protection of American citizens.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2017, 03:08:12 am »
Really having a tough time following your logic.

Are you suggesting that a judge orders a President in cases of national security to or not to implement that security?

If that is what you are arguing, then you are incorrect.

A President has ABSOLUTE authority as per the Constitution to implement national security measures, regardless of what any court, including the Supreme Court might think.

You're having a hard time with it?

It's simple.  Who has the power to order who?  How does a President fire a judge?  What happens when a President ignores a judge? 

What happens to a judge who ignores a President?  This isn't hard.  Judicial Review is an appropriated power but it has over 200 years of precedent.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2017, 03:09:55 am »

This is a bit of hyperbole isn't it?  How many people have been killed by people in this country from these countries?

I don't have a problem with the ban per se, but I don't think it's a deadly necessary as others see it.

Are you really this fearful about things? Yikes.

Why don't we go someplace and have a beer together and talk about it.

On the Observation Deck of the World Trade Center.

Hyperbole?  DO YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN GERMANY AND SWEDEN?  THAT is what is on its way here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:10:17 am by JustPassinThru »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:41 am »
How did that Public-Opinion thingy work, with BarryKair?

The Left doesn't give a flying frig about public opinion.  They care about their TRANSFORMATION - from a repugnant White Man's World, to a New De-Growth society, where everyone can have only what government allows them, no more.

The public was buffaloed with BarryKair. They hadn't a clue what was in it, to paraphrase SanFranNan. All they had was Obama's lies.

People have no problem understanding terrorists masquerading as refugees. 24 was a pretty popular series.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2017, 03:14:54 am »

:laugh: Now That was funny!  :thud:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2017, 03:14:56 am »

Who defines what is a national-security measure?  Oh, yeah...the courts.  Or are you saying the POTUS can unilaterally define anything as a national-security issue?

So what you're saying is that Obama could have just declared firearms a national-security issue, and perfectly legally confiscated all firearms?

Great.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2017, 03:17:13 am »

Forgive him.  The boy ain't to bright. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2017, 03:17:14 am »
Who defines what is a national-security measure?  Oh, yeah...the courts.  Or are you saying the POTUS can unilaterally define anything as a national-security issue?

So what you're saying is that Obama could have just declared firearms a national-security issue, and perfectly legally confiscated all firearms?

Great.

Sigh!  So much ignorance! So little time!  :whistle:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2017, 03:18:33 am »

This is just plainly false:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/06/obama-has-lost-in-the-supreme-court-more-than-any-modern-president/

Notice..SCOTUS.... not some parking meter judge.

Particularly on issues of National Security. That is the sole Domain of the President. Only SCOTUS has much say. Even Congress is limited here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2017, 03:19:09 am »

Great.

Confiscating firearms effects US citizens - courts/yes. Trump's EO effects/effected foreign nationals beyond our borders - courts/no.

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2017, 03:22:09 am »
You're having a hard time with it?

It's simple. 
Who has the power to order who?
It depends upon who is ordering who doesn't it?

How does a President fire a judge?
He can't.  Where did you get that idea from?

What happens when a President ignores a judge? 
Happens all the time, doesn't it?
Any bureaucrat in the Executive represents that department, hence the President.
How about old Andrew Jackson
https://sustainableatlantaga.com/2015/04/02/remembering-the-time-andrew-jackson-decided-to-ignore-the-supreme-court-in-the-name-of-georgias-right-to-cherokee-land/

Hey, how about one that involves immigration and is recent?
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420977/will-obamas-top-dhs-honchos-be-made-answer-court-defying-immigration-order-hans-von

What happens to a judge who ignores a President?
Congress is the only entity that can make decisions on this.

This isn't hard. 
wow, I just had to go through remedial civics class with you, didn't I?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2017, 03:22:22 am »

Great.

LOL, Reductio ad Absurdum much? Lets use such device the other way.

You are saying that if Russia moves it's army thru Mexico and attacks the USA... that a minor Trial judge can issue a TRO stopping the President from ordering our ARmy to stop them.

Nice.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2017, 03:23:26 am »
:laugh: Now That was funny!  :thud:

I LOVE your tag line!  SO true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2017, 03:24:02 am »
Sigh!  So much ignorance! So little time!  :whistle:
They are not teaching the same classes to some are they?

Nuns at my school did their job quite well.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2017, 03:24:40 am »
LOL, Reductio ad Absurdum much? Lets use such device the other way.

You are saying that if Russia moves it's army thru Mexico and attacks the USA... that a minor Trial judge can issue a TRO stopping the President from ordering our ARmy to stop them.

Nice.

888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2017, 03:25:46 am »
They are not teaching the same classes to some are they?

Thank GOD for that!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2017, 03:26:39 am »

wow, I just had to go through remedial civics class with you, didn't I?

You showed me nothing.

I couldn't even read through that garbled post.

You have a FANTASY about who holds the upper hand here.  I don't know where you're getting it from but right now, the Appeals Court ruling is final.

And the Supreme Court may or may NOT choose to hear the case.  If they vote four-four, the nays hold.  They do not hear it.  The Appeals Court ruling holds.

And all your fantasy and bluster and tub-thumping changes none of that.

Wingnut

« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:22 am »

And I bet your knuckles have the ruler marks to prove it!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:59 am »
You showed me nothing.

I couldn't even read through that garbled post.

You have a FANTASY about who holds the upper hand here.  I don't know where you're getting it from but right now, the Appeals Court ruling is final.

And the Supreme Court may or may NOT choose to hear the case.  If they vote four-four, the nays hold.  They do not hear it.  The Appeals Court ruling holds.

And all your fantasy and bluster and tub-thumping changes none of that.

**nononono* :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien