Author Topic: WSJ: President Trump Criticizes Nordstrom for Dropping Daughter’s Fashion Label  (Read 4052 times)

geronl

@HonestJohn

It's different when our side does it.  /s

Yep, the same rule the left has.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Because unlike some folks I can connected the dots. It is obvious the decision to drop Ivanka was political. So obvious in fact that I am not going to get into and insane argument with a NeverTroumper over it.  If you disagree fine, I could not care less. End of discussion.

I'm going to put this as lightly as possible.

So?

All business decisions these days have a political element. You have to account for market conditions, regulations, marketing and appearance, the works. Political decisions are made and demanded in both directions.

This still does not make it legal or right in any fashion for the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces to intervene in a private business decision, even if it was in part, politically motivated.

I don't care if it is his daughter. (being a family member or friend actually is what makes something like this cross the legal line per the citation up thread I posted). It is a business market matter for the market to decide. If Trump fans want to take to the streets, protest, boycott, scream, dump stock, or buycott shop elsewhere, they have every right to do that. It is not, however, a matter legally or ethically for the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces to intervene in or influence.

This is the exact type of influence peddling and cronyism we decried for the past few decades by the Clintons, but this is magnified and in your face, not even covert.

Offline LadyLiberty

It's funny.  I've worked in Retail before, and when a line isn't selling - they usually mark it down more and more for clearance before they pull it from the racks.

Nordstrom probably sends low-selling items to their Nordstrom Rack stores.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Because unlike some folks I can connected the dots. It is obvious the decision to drop Ivanka was political. So obvious in fact that I am not going to get into and insane argument with a NeverTroumper over it.  If you disagree fine, I could not care less. End of discussion.

What factual evidence do you have to back this up?

I'm betting it's between jack and squat.

I can understand your desire to "get into it with an insane Nevertrumper"...but that's not the case here.

You're dealing with someone who deals with facts and reality.

So put up or shut up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

This is something the President needs to comment on why exactly?

Not really ..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What's happening here is no different than Border's Books burying Dr. Michael Savage's books on the display floor.

In someone's eye.... they didn't want to see Ivanka become enriched/successful.   

Or, it could just be someone completely misreading the news cycle in terms of the level of animosity toward Pres. Trump.   In any case, they turn their backs on 62 million Trump voters.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What's happening here is no different than Border's Books burying Dr. Michael Savage's books on the display floor.

Or, it could just be someone completely misreading the news cycle in terms of the level of animosity toward Pres. Trump.   In any case, they turn their backs on 62 million Trump voters.

They have the right to if they feel fit just like a Christian owned bookstore wants to put Hillary's book in the teen fiction section.

The difference here is that government entities didn't try to influence the decision using the power of their office because Savage was a friend or family member.

As I posted in the law cited way, way up thread, it is not just improper, but against the law for a federal government official to comment or try to influence in this manner on behalf of a friend, family member, or personal business.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

You know - Nordstrum's probably does send their non-selling merchandise to outlets - I question if they make a statement to the media everytime they do it?  Why make it public if it isn't for political reasons?

I'm getting tired of the same old usual suspects still popping up to say that Trump needs to stop tweeting and "being Trump".  It's worked for him so far - I'm not going to criticize him for that. 

The media (and their faithful puppets) are STILL trying to disenfranchise Trump's supporters from him!  LOLOL  We voted for him knowing all of his warts - LOL!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

You know - Nordstrum's probably does send their non-selling merchandise to outlets - I question if they make a statement to the media everytime they do it?  Why make it public if it isn't for political reasons?

I'm getting tired of the same old usual suspects still popping up to say that Trump needs to stop tweeting and "being Trump".  It's worked for him so far - I'm not going to criticize him for that. 

The media (and their faithful puppets) are STILL trying to disenfranchise Trump's supporters from him!  LOLOL  We voted for him knowing all of his warts - LOL!

It's why I was able to say, "So far.....!", when asked if I was happy with my Orange God?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It's why I was able to say, "So far.....!", when asked if I was happy with my Orange God?   :laugh:

888high58888
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

888high58888

Actually, it was if I were still happy smelling the morning farts and belches of my Orange God.   

888high58888