Author Topic: WSJ: President Trump Criticizes Nordstrom for Dropping Daughter’s Fashion Label  (Read 4061 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And for those saying 'well Truman did it', outside it is asinine to claim that because a Democrat did it, it is now behavior we have to accept, 5 CFR 2635.702 which governed Use of public office for private gain was not the law when Truman was President. It is the law now.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

Offline jpsb

He is no longer just a father, he is the President and he is using his office improperly.

According to one section of the Code of Federal Regulations, 'An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations.'

Another section dealing with federal employees states that 'an employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office.'

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

Bull he is still a father and he is entitled to defend his daughter, his wife and his family. President Trump did not give up that right when he assumed office. 

All this fake outrage over everything Trump does is sickening.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yeah I heard limbaugh discussing this yesterday. More whataboutism.

Truman did this once  (AFIAK). Trump's only 3 weeks or so into his presidency.

Trump wasn't defending his daughter, he was defending his daughter's business interests.

Silver Pines

President Truman would disagree with you. Since when is a father not entitled to defend his daughter?

@jpsb

Defend her from what, though?  She's an adult businesswoman who had a contract with a department store to sell her merchandise.  The stuff stopped selling, so the business contract was ended.

What is he defending her from?

Offline ABX

Bull he is still a father and he is entitled to defend his daughter, his wife and his family. President Trump did not give up that right when he assumed office. 

All this fake outrage over everything Trump does is sickening.

Actually, no he isn't, especially in a business interest. She is not a minor and this is not a personal squabble. She is an adult and this is her own, private business enterprise. He is not 'defending his daughter', he is promoting her private business and using the power of his office to influence business contractual decisions with her personal business.

Many a Democrat has gone to jail or received hefty fines for actions like this. Want me to start making a list of them for you?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:12:24 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline r9etb

He tweeted this in between morning farts and belches.      :patriot:

Fart, belch, tweet -- I don't really see the difference.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nordstrom's wasn't the only one.

Didn't TJ Maxx also stop selling her stuff?

That would make perfect sense for TJ Maxx.

Their type of customer, upon seeing "Ivanka Trump" might impulsively break the showcase glass enraged.

Not the Nordstrom shopper.

Nordstrom's unnecessary press release on the matter was sending a signal.   A 'signal' which baffles me...marketing-wise.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=ivanka%20trump%20clothing%20line&typeahead=ivana

She also sells a line of clothing at Walmart.

Blue pleather....dear God, please no....

Online DCPatriot

Continue to underestimate Trump...and the less credible one's opinion(s). 

Reality has set in and is objectively accepted by some of the more strident NeverTrumpers this forum has seen.

Whether or not tweeting in defense of his daughter and her product line being dumped by numerous stores was proper or not, the entire internet forum world and news cycle is talking about it.

Meanwhile, in another room, Jeff Sessions is being sworn-in as Attorney General.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

This man celebrated 10,000 layoffs from Macy's. Wal-Mart is a major employer.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=ivanka%20trump%20clothing%20line&typeahead=ivana

Is this online only?..I have never seen an article of clothing at WM costs this much...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

Reality has set in and is objectively accepted by some of the more strident NeverTrumpers this forum has seen.

Whether or not tweeting in defense of his daughter and her product line being dumped by numerous stores was proper or not, the entire internet forum world and news cycle is talking about it.

Meanwhile, in another room, Jeff Sessions is being sworn-in as Attorney General.

Do you hang on Trump's every fart and belch, too?

geronl

Continue to underestimate Trump...

"You don't know the power of the Tweetside..."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We already know this @r9etb --- but thanks for sharing.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

There's a reason they're called throne sniffers.

geronl

In his first act Sessions has seized every home and bank account in America as a Civil Asset Forfeiture...

Online DCPatriot

So far.....        :seeya:

Online DCPatriot

"You don't know the power of the Tweetside..."

I like that.....    :beer:

Silver Pines

Is this online only?..I have never seen an article of clothing at WM costs this much...

@mystery-ak

I think it is....I couldn't find any of the items with listings of available stores where you can pick them up.

Offline ABX

I think the words you are looking for are:

Offline r9etb

We already know this @r9etb --- but thanks for sharing.

Filed under "Impenetrable density."   **nononono*

Offline ABX

Wal Mart online sells a lot of high-end products like Sam's Club. Our local Sams has Omega watches, Louis Vuitton purses, and very high end wine and spirits.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

There's a reason they're called throne sniffers.

Dude.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is something the President needs to comment on why exactly?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline r9etb

This is something the President needs to comment on why exactly?

You wouldn't understand.  (Neither would I, apparently.)