Author Topic: Ted Cruz just took the Dems' Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing hypocrisy and killed it with FIRE f  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

The difference depends not on the truth of Cruz's statements (or anyone else's) but on how those statements reflect on Trump and his agenda.

I'm fully aware of that. I just like rubbing certain peoples noses in it.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I'm fully aware of that. I just like rubbing certain peoples noses in it.

Sorry Frank, didn't mean to suggest otherwise.  I always appreciate your take on things.
James 1:20

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The difference depends not on the truth of Cruz's statements (or anyone else's) but on how those statements reflect on Trump and his agenda.  Trump has said plenty of things I agree with, but the intellectual dishonesty is more than I can accept.  Had Trump and his followers not spent the first 5 months of 2016, and the week after the convention, slandering Cruz, we Cruz supporters wouldn't have such a hard time accepting this praise of Cruz at face value.  And we would be much more able to work together with people who aren't disingenuous.

Cruz campaign accused Rubio of lying about the Bible, he said a lot of wrong things, campaigning about Israel before persecuted Christians,  saying in Hawaii, Rubio was dropping out, saying in Iowa, Carson was dropping out, accusing Kasich of accepting Soros money which the campaign later apologized for.

And one is offended by intellectual dishonesty, we have it.

Offline TomSea

It's really a cult; ignore the faults of one's own, to be vindictive against others, do not even criticize the one.

So much of this is grandstanding, oh, Cruz knows the constitution so well, while others don't; Megyn Kelly was so mean to Cruz but he was the champion debater.

Now we hear, Cruz who defended Sessions, endorsed Romney and Trump is okay to this and other things but others are called "partisan hacks" for going with the party, via @CatherineofOregon.

Offline Hoodat

Cruz campaign accused Rubio of lying about the Bible, he said a lot of wrong things, campaigning about Israel before persecuted Christians,  saying in Hawaii, Rubio was dropping out, saying in Iowa, Carson was dropping out, accusing Kasich of accepting Soros money which the campaign later apologized for.

And one is offended by intellectual dishonesty, we have it.

Which of those did Ted Cruz actually say?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

Bush's ill-managed Iraq war saw persecution against Christians start up as early as 2003; authentic Christianity does not lie about what one said about the Bible or grandstand against persecuted Christians. We hear how these folks are so perfect and righteous but it flies in the opposite direction.

At least, Rev. Jeffress, Dr. Dobson recognized Christianity that wasn't just showboating; and they supported Trump.

Offline Hoodat

So basically, you are engaging in the exact same behavior that you are falsely accusing Ted Cruz of doing.  The hypocrisy is strong in you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

It's really a cult; ignore the faults of one's own, to be vindictive against others, do not even criticize the one.

So much of this is grandstanding, oh, Cruz knows the constitution so well, while others don't; Megyn Kelly was so mean to Cruz but he was the champion debater.

Now we hear, Cruz who defended Sessions, endorsed Romney and Trump is okay to this and other things but others are called "partisan hacks" for going with the party, via @CatherineofOregon.

Damn, if you're going to ping someone, show them the courtesy of getting their name right. 
@CatherineofAragon
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

Which of those did Ted Cruz actually say?

Our boy Tommy has trouble keeping his stories straight.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Our boy Tommy has trouble keeping his stories straight.

Our boy Trump, just invited Mryle Shit to speak at his inauguration.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bush's ill-managed Iraq war saw persecution against Christians start up as early as 2003; authentic Christianity does not lie about what one said about the Bible or grandstand against persecuted Christians. We hear how these folks are so perfect and righteous but it flies in the opposite direction.

At least, Rev. Jeffress, Dr. Dobson recognized Christianity that wasn't just showboating; and they supported Trump.

Tom I was in Baghdad in 2003. Your claim about persecuted Christians during that time is completely false and totally inaccurate.

The Christian neighborhoods were living peacefully with the other areas.

The persecution of the Christians didn't start until Obama took over...his mismanagement of Iraq is what led to ISIS and the war on Christians. 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:32:07 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Tom I was in Baghdad in 2003. Your claim about persecuted Christians during that time is completely false and totally inaccurate.

The persecution of the Christians didn't start until Obama took over...his mismanagement of Iraq is what led to ISIS and the war on Christians.

You call what he did to Iraq was "mismanagement"?   You don't think it was calculated, given what he attempted in Egypt and accomplished in Libya?

Mismanagement implies it was a mistake in strategies.

It was purely a thought out process by a street agitator and anarchist.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Who?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You call what he did to Iraq was "mismanagement"?   You don't think it was calculated, given what he attempted in Egypt and accomplished in Libya?

@DCPatriot , @txradioguy

You're both correct.  There is such a thing as "deliberate mismanagement."  Very useful in large companies and bureaucracies because it allows the players to evade responsibility for failures.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@DCPatriot , @txradioguy

You're both correct.  There is such a thing as "deliberate mismanagement."  Very useful in large companies and bureaucracies because it allows the players to evade responsibility for failures.

Whether Obama's policy in Iraq was evil or merely stupid is not related to @txradioguy 's point : he has first-hand knowledge that @TomSea is wrong about the beginning of current Christian persecution in Iraq.  After claiming up-thread that he was proud to have voted for Cruz, TS is back to deriding him, this time with premises which have been factually rebutted by txrg.
James 1:20

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Do you have a link for that?  Google didn't turn anything for me first pass.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

I think he's talking about Meryl Streep

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

Well done Ted Cruz

Offline libertybele

Thanks you for your honest and unbiased input txradioguy.  I really wish people wouldn't interject their factoids into this forum that they actually no nothing about.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

Thanks you for your honest and unbiased input txradioguy.  I really wish people wouldn't interject their factoids into this forum that they actually no nothing about.

Christianity in Iraq
Wikipedia     http://en.wikipedia.org/...

After the 2003 invasion of Iraq, violence against Christians rose, with reports of abduction, torture, bombings, and killings.[14] Some Christians were pressured to convert to Islam under threat of death or expulsion, and women were ordered to wear Islamic dress.[14]

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Iraqi Christians have been victim of executions, forced displacement campaigns, torture, violence and target of Islamist groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS. Since the 2003 Iraq war, Iraqi Christians have fled from the country and their population has collapsed under the Shiite-led Arab government.[29][30] Majority of Christians have either fled to the Iraqi Kurdistan or abroad.

In 2003, Iraqi Christians were primary target of extremist Sunni Islamists. Many kidnapped Christians were forced to leave Christianity or tortured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Iraq

:whistle:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Coming from the guy last summer who called us who didn't support Trump , the same as ISIS and AlQeda terrorist.   Bubba....   you have no integrity or credibility here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

Oh, please.....STOP!

"Unbiased", my butt.   

It's no different that a rabid Cruz supporter over-estimating their influence and power for the past 1-1/2 years.

He was ONE soldier serving in Iraq.    ....One who evidently didn't get out into the country very much.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@DCPatriot I believe @TomSea was saying Bush mismanaged Iraq and caused the persecution of Christians.

I was simply saying g that's incorrect and it was the fault of the person you so accurately described.

And like you I believe what happened in the ME after W left was calculated and done on purpose.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!