Author Topic: Ted Cruz just took the Dems' Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing hypocrisy and killed it with FIRE f  (Read 12633 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CONSERVATIVE REVIEW

URL:https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/ted-cruz-just-took-dems-sessions-hearing-hypocrisy-and-killed-it-with-fire

by Maria Jeffrey

During Senator Jeff Sessions’, R-Ala. (C,78%) Attorney General confirmation hearing today in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Ted Cruz, R-Tex. (A, 97%) pointed out numerous Democratic hypocrisies that have been manifested in the past few years and during the hearing.

Democrats on the committee, especially Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. (F, 0%) had been grilling Sessions on whether he would uphold abortion laws in the United States if he becomes Attorney General. Senator Patrick Leahy, D, Vt. (F, 6%) interrogated Sessions on LGBT rights, questioning whether Sessions would uphold civil rights laws as Attorney General.

But did the Democrats care when Obama routinely flouted the law?

Ted Cruz wasn’t having it:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO...

“When the Obama Justice Department sent millions of dollars of taxpayer money to sanctuary cities defying federal immigration law, the Democrats on this committee were silent. When the Obama administration refused to enforce federal immigration law…the Democrats on this committee were silent. When the Obama administration released tens of thousands of illegal aliens including rapists and murderers into the general population, Democrats on this committee were silent.”

Ted Cruz was kicking ass. And he wasn’t done. He pointed out Democratic hypocritical silence on Obama flouting the law and paying a ransom to Iran and for releasing Guantanamo terrorists without congressional approval.

Senator Cruz’s comments were met with acclaim from conservatives on Twitter:

And there goes @tedcruz back on the top of his game...calling out Democrats hypocrisy/lawlessness. Woo-hoo

— Melanie (@Melanieny5404) January 10, 2017

Ted Cruz is absolutely destroying the democrats on the Senate Floor. Thank God we have him in the senate. #SenateHearings #ConfirmSessions

— Conservative (@jamesesavengers) January 10, 2017

Preach it, Ted Cruz.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz is right, I'm proud I voted for him. He's showing loyalty to the party versus the jokers who always seem to find fault with the party. Go Ted Go!

Online corbe

Ted being Ted, eventually he's gonna butt heads with President Trump and it's not gonna be pretty.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

Yes, Ted will call out people on either side of the aisle, as needed, no doubt about that.
Go Ted!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Yes, Ted will call out people on either side of the aisle, as needed, no doubt about that.
Go Ted!

That's a big part of the reason I voted for him and plan to again.
James 1:20

Offline GrouchoTex

Yep, me too.

Offline Smokin Joe

We was robbed. We had no presidential Primary in North Dakota. Otherwise, I would have voted for Cruz, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

Ted's a Conservative that still caucuses with the Republicans in spite of their bitterness toward him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Cruz is right, I'm proud I voted for him. He's showing loyalty to the party versus the jokers who always seem to find fault with the party. Go Ted Go!

"Loyalty to the party"?  Tom, I don't know how to explain this to you so that you can understand it, but he's doing the right thing.  His loyalty is to the truth, not the damned party.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   Ted being Ted, eventually he's gonna butt heads with President Trump and it's not gonna be pretty.

No, but it's going to worth watching!

Offline Smokin Joe

"Loyalty to the party"?  Tom, I don't know how to explain this to you so that you can understand it, but he's doing the right thing.  His loyalty is to the truth, not the damned party.
Exactly. Right is right. The party can #sand

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Thank God for this guy.

Offline beandog

Unlike the Donald, Cruz is a good man and is doing what is right, even though Sessions backstabbed him and supported the Donald.  Cruz would have made a great President.  One we could have been proud of.

Silver Pines

@TomSea

Lol, so you're back to being proud of him again?  This week alone you've called him an amnesty supporter and said that his nasty campaign made you dump him.

Two days ago you posted a graphic of Cruz---for some unfathomable reason I don't care to hear about---as a kitten with little fuzzy ears, here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,243107.msg1185823.html#msg1185823

But all it takes is a good word for one of Trump's cabinet picks and you're willing to support him?

See, this is why political parties can be damned, and why they deserve no "loyalty".  When you twist yourself into a pretzel to serve them, you fall prey to partisan hackery.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
More proof that the wrong guy is getting sworn in as President in a couple weeks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@TomSea

Lol, so you're back to being proud of him again?  This week alone you've called him an amnesty supporter and said that his nasty campaign made you dump him.

Two days ago you posted a graphic of Cruz---for some unfathomable reason I don't care to hear about---as a kitten with little fuzzy ears, here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,243107.msg1185823.html#msg1185823

But all it takes is a good word for one of Trump's cabinet picks and you're willing to support him?

See, this is why political parties can be damned, and why they deserve no "loyalty".  When you twist yourself into a pretzel to serve them, you fall prey to partisan hackery.

I think the word you're looking for is hypocrite.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Silver Pines

I think the word you're looking for is hypocrite.

@txradioguy

Sure does look like it.

Cruz will be back in the doghouse the moment he dares to criticize Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@txradioguy

Sure does look like it.

Cruz will be back in the doghouse the moment he dares to criticize Trump.

@CatherineofAragon I forsee plenty of times Cruz will place principal and the Constitution above party and draw the ire if Donny.

And people here who suddenly like him again.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:16:30 pm by txradioguy »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@TomSea

I don't think it was even a good word for a Trump cabinet pick, although I suspect Cruz added such a good word.  It was an attack on Democrat hypocrisy *within the context* of considering a Trump cabinet pick.  And apparently that is enough to turn on a dime, from waging an extended jihad against Cruz and even hijacking one's own unrelated threads to list *again* irrelevant anti-Cruz grievances, to proclaiming pride in having voted for Cruz.  This is not indicative of sanity.  And @TomSea is not alone in this, he is merely following Trump's own example.

Watch closely to see who stands next to Trump during the inaugural parade and festivities; they are likely to be airbrushed out of the photographs within a few months.
James 1:20

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon I forsee plenty of times Cruz will place principal and the Constitution above party and draw the ire if Donny.

And people here who suddenly like him again.

@txradioguy

This is why Cruz is worthy of support, IMO.  He prioritizes what he knows is right and everything else can fall in line behind that.

George Washington warned about the mischief of the spirit of party.

Silver Pines

@HoustonSam

I don't think it was even a good word for a Trump cabinet pick, although I suspect Cruz added such a good word.  It was an attack on Democrat hypocrisy *within the context* of considering a Trump cabinet pick.  And apparently that is enough to turn on a dime, from waging an extended jihad against Cruz and even hijacking one's own unrelated threads to list *again* irrelevant anti-Cruz grievances, to proclaiming pride in having voted for Cruz.  This is not indicative of sanity.  And @TomSea is not alone in this, he is merely following Trump's own example.

Agreed, and thank you for the clarification; you're right.

Watch closely to see who stands next to Trump during the inaugural parade and festivities; they are likely to be airbrushed out of the photographs within a few months.

It's funny you should say that.  A few days ago someone noted that those who supported Trump with the most dedication and fervor---Christie, Giuliani, Gingrich---ended up with nothing to show for it.  Only Gingrich is still bothering to put himself in front of the cameras now and then.

Online corbe

@TomSea

Online libertybele

Amen!!! Exactly.  The truth is the truth.  Party loyalty is not necessarily what is best for the people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

@CatherineofAragon
If you wish to believe all that, go ahead, the saying I have heard is "they can dish it out but they can't take it."

Cruz endorsed Trump but he also endorsed Romney before; a lot of folks here, wouldn't even do that.

I voted for both, seems I'm following Cruz more than others.

Yes, "partisan hackery", sure, except when it comes to St. Cruz. Then we can disagree with him.

In the long run, as I said, Trump supporters support of Cruz may be more pragmatic and fulfilling of aims than just saying "I'm against everyone".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:56:27 pm by TomSea »