Author Topic: Ted Cruz just took the Dems' Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing hypocrisy and killed it with FIRE f  (Read 12712 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot I believe @TomSea was saying Bush mismanaged Iraq and caused the persecution of Christians.

I was simply saying g that's incorrect and it was the fault of the person you so accurately described.

And like you I believe what happened in the ME after W left was calculated and done on purpose.

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Iraq

:whistle:

Wikipedia?  Really? 

That's like relying on that debunked Lancet report on theb1,000,000 Iraqi civikians the U.S Army supposedly killed over there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

Oh, please.....STOP!

"Unbiased", my butt.   

It's no different that a rabid Cruz supporter over-estimating their influence and power for the past 1-1/2 years.

He was ONE soldier serving in Iraq.    ....One who evidently didn't get out into the country very much.

A rabid Cruz supporter?  Seems it's always ok to put Cruz and his supporters down, but if anything negative dare be said about Trumpsters you have a hissy fit. Well, DC, I'll put it very kindly this one time ... "Kiss My Grits"! Cruz was very influential in getting Trump elected; had he not stuck his neck out and said that he was going to vote for him, you may very well be having a hissy fit over Trump's liberal NY friend.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
DCP Cries credibility of others while citing wikipedia stories?

I just can't stop laughing. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
More proof that the wrong guy is getting sworn in as President in a couple weeks.

Well, the term "wrong" is relative - very subjective. There are widely varying magnitudes of wrongness. The wrongness of Hill-O-Lies being sworn in at president is a magnitude of difference from DJT or Ted Cruz being sworn in.

Also what a lot of pro-Cruz supporters are missing about the campaign (some references to him being "robbed" etc.) is that Cruz had significantly less popularity with non-aligned voters than DJT and it was the non-aligned (independent) voters who gave Trump the margin of victory in every swing state, not the conservative/Republican base. The base turned out strong in 2016 but that would not have been enough to get either Trump or Cruz elected without the self-described "moderate" voters.

The pre-election notion that Trump was one of the only candidates whom Hill-O-Lies could beat may have been exactly the opposite. It's possible that Cruz, being an idealist, would have lost that same self-described moderate voting block in crucial swing states that Trump was able to take away from Hill-O-Lies by a significant margin.

Cruz's best and worst trait as a candidate was his unapologetic ethical stridence. That made him an idealist to his supporters and an ideologue to the overwhelming numbers of non-aligned voters, who don't like ideologues of any slant much as a rule.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:53:14 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online DCPatriot

A rabid Cruz supporter?  Seems it's always ok to put Cruz and his supporters down, but if anything negative dare be said about Trumpsters you have a hissy fit. Well, DC, I'll put it very kindly this one time ... "Kiss My Grits"! Cruz was very influential in getting Trump elected; had he not stuck his neck out and said that he was going to vote for him, you may very well be having a hissy fit over Trump's liberal NY friend.

I've been reading BS and filthy lies about Donald Trump in here since June, 2015.

And haven't had a "hissy fit" since 8/15.

Cruz had absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump's victory.  N O T H I N G!!!   Don't attempt to take credit for it now, @libertybele

My only point was pointing out that you assign some kind of guru status to a member's opinion because he was in-country during or shortly after the fall of Saddam Hussein.   

....and that it's the same kind of thinking you're demonstrating right now.   

Cruz is an honorable man.   I've never said otherwise.   NEVER.

And @txradioguy .....if you can refute the WIKI link with Facts.....show your hand, my friend.

You showed a helluva lot of nerve claiming what you did....that no Christians were murdered or even mistreated in Iraq, 2003.

....for as soon as that statue toppled in Baghdad...a lot of decades' old grudges and revenge were instigated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Links to prove otherwise?     :whistle:

Offline skeeter

Cruz had absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump's victory.  N O T H I N G!!!   Don't attempt to take credit for it now, @libertybele

Cruz and Pence barnstormed through Michigan for Trump the week before the election. Seeing as though Cruz did well enough in that very key state during the primaries and Trump unexpectedly won it by a mere 10k votes you'll understand if some of us are inclined to give Cruz a bit more credit than you are.

Offline LateForLunch

Well, I'm not sure what is so funny about that. Wikipedia is uneven for sure and on some things( generally politically-slanted things), totally erroneous (most likely by design). That being said, making the blanket pronouncement that Wikipedia is a faulty source for all information is a cheap way of attempting to stultify an opposing opinion by innuendo and would not fly in any elementary-level debate. No points are awarded for posting childishly derisive emoticons. Negative points, however should be assigned for rudeness unworthy of this forum, IMO.  I have no dog in this hunt but hurling insults (even by way of emoticons) and pretending that this somehow proves a substantive point is (forgive me) pretty low and says far more about the person using the technique than it does about the topic or the target of the insult.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:48:57 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline LateForLunch

Cruz and Pence barnstormed through Michigan for Trump the week before the election. Seeing as though Cruz did well enough in that very key state during the primaries and Trump unexpectedly won it by a mere 10k votes you'll understand if some of us are inclined to give Cruz a bit more credit than you are.

Totally concur. It is nigh impossible to prove a negative and sort of outlandish to suggest that Cruz's support (or even a lack of opposition in the post-primary phase of the campaign) did not benefit Trump. It is and always probably will be arguable to what degree Trump was aided.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:45:45 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline skeeter

Totally concur. It is nigh impossible to prove a negative and sort of outlandish to suggest that Cruz's support (or even a lack of opposition in the post-primary phase of the campaign) did not benefit Trump. It is an always probably will be arguable to what degree Trump was aided.

Trump won the state by .3 percent, so in this case a little bit of aid surely went a long way.

Online DCPatriot

Totally concur. It is nigh impossible to prove a negative and sort of outlandish to suggest that Cruz's support (or even a lack of opposition in the post-primary phase of the campaign) did not benefit Trump. It is and always probably will be arguable to what degree Trump was aided.

For the sake of argument, let's give Hillary Michigan's 16 electoral votes.

It still would show Trump with 290 instead of 306.

Silver Pines

Damn, if you're going to ping someone, show them the courtesy of getting their name right. 
@CatherineofAragon

@Night Hides Not

LOL

"CatherineofOregon"...the English queen who hails from the Pacific Northwest!

Hey, it could happen.   :pondering:

Silver Pines

@TomSea

It's really a cult; ignore the faults of one's own, to be vindictive against others, do not even criticize the one.

BS.  I've criticized Cruz more than once and I'll do so again if he deserves it.  You, on the other hand, have fawned over Trump and likened him to George Washington, Winston Churchill, and...I forget the third one. Charlemagne, probably.

So much of this is grandstanding, oh, Cruz knows the constitution so well, while others don't; Megyn Kelly was so mean to Cruz but he was the champion debater.

But you just said you're proud you voted for him.  You're doing so many 180s on this thread that we have to wear a neck brace to watch you.  It's like being courtside at Wimbledon.

Now we hear, Cruz who defended Sessions, endorsed Romney and Trump is okay to this and other things but others are called "partisan hacks" for going with the party, via @CatherineofOregon.

That's right.  If party means everything to you, you're a partisan hack.  That's the way it is.

And it's Aragon.

Offline musiclady

Our boy Tommy has trouble keeping his stories straight.

Other than his droning refrain that Trump is more conservative than Reagan and more pro-life than anyone on earth.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

@Night Hides Not

LOL

"CatherineofOregon"...the English queen who hails from the Pacific Northwest!

Hey, it could happen.   :pondering:

Only if it's the Spanish part of Oregon. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online libertybele

For the sake of argument; let's give Cruz credit for once where credit is due, as in; Ted Cruz Just Took the Dems' Jeff Sessions Confirmation Hearing Hypocrisy and Killed It With Fire!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

For the sake of argument; let's give Cruz credit for once where credit is due, as in; Ted Cruz Just Took the Dems' Jeff Sessions Confirmation Hearing Hypocrisy and Killed It With Fire!

Ah........so now we need to get back on topic, huh?

:laugh:

Online corbe

Cruz also campaigned in IOWA w/Pence for another 7 electoral votes and Biden campaigned in Pennsylvania (21) so there's that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Offline skeeter

Maybe. But getting Michigan certainly kept you from having to making several trips to the bedroom to change your shorts on election night.

Offline musiclady

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So you say, I am just recognizing what true conservatives are,

The one you just called a "cabinet pick" who is way more accomplished than Cruz per conservatism, Jeff Sessions, same thing for Mike Pence, way more of an accomplished Conservative.

You really think that a guy like Jeff Sessions, who eagerly endorsed Eric Holder as AG, is more conservative than Cruz?

What a laugh.  We need to hope to God that as AG, Sessions is better at picking subordinates to the AG than his record of approving the AG.

But other Republicans said they would vote for Mr. Holder despite his acknowledged mistakes. Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html?_r=0
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh, please.....STOP!

"Unbiased", my butt.   

It's no different that a rabid Cruz supporter over-estimating their influence and power for the past 1-1/2 years.

He was ONE soldier serving in Iraq.    ....One who evidently didn't get out into the country very much.

@DCPatriot I got out and about in Baghdad...to include the Christian neighborhoods...much more than you have...or ever will for that matter.

I don't bullsh*t or embellish what I saw or did over there. The only bias I display is one that favors the truth.

@musiclady
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot I got out and about in Baghdad...to include the Christian neighborhoods...much more than you have...or ever will for that matter.

I don't bullsh*t or embellish what I saw or did over there. The only bias I display is one that favors the truth.

@musiclady

BFD.....you got out and about Baghdad?

What about Tikrit, Fallajah, Mosul or Hillah?  Or the dozens of other cities and towns?

You have to stop, @txradioguy .   You cannot speak with any authority as a single individual who happened to have been in Baghdad, 2003.

This isn't about whose is bigger, my friend.  I'm not arguing whether Saddam 'protected' his Christian population, but...

No Christian was safe in Iraq, once the Baathiss were sent scurrying for safety.