Author Topic: Declassified report: Putin ordered election interference to help Trump  (Read 13211 times)

Offline beandog

Re: Declassified report: Putin ordered election interference to help Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 02:00:36 am »
Now the question is boils down to this.

Did you think Clinton and Obama's interference was right?

And if not, why are you supporting such an action now?

'Cause it looks very much like you don't have a problem with it, as long as it comes from your guy or helps your guy.
Let me know when the Donald is accussed of interfering in a foreign election, then we'll talk.   Our government has know business complaining about other governments when we do the same thing.  The media is the same.  They had no problem when Obama and Chester the Molester did it so their opinion of Russia doing it matters not at all.

Hillary is responsible for her own defeat, not the Russians.  If Clinton wasn't being a weasel there wouldn't have been anything to hack.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 02:09:05 am »
Gimme a break!

You actually believe the Russian Communists hacked into the election process in order to assist the American free-market Capitalists defeat the American Communists??

:whistle:

Trump is not a free-market capitalist.  He believes in using eminent domain for private gain and in tariffs, and he has (unconstitutionally) threatened companies with selective tariffs since he was elected.  Those are not free-market approaches.

The report states that the Russians believed Hillary would win.  Their goal was to weaken her administration by publicizing embarrassing information.

The Democrats and mainstream media are clearly using this to build their "narrative" that Trump's election is illegitimate.  One can recognize and condemn that without dragging the US Intel community into the same morass of vainglorious accusations and insults Trump drags everyone else into when they don't serve his agenda.
James 1:20

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 02:15:47 am »
Declassified report: Putin ordered election interference to help Trump
By Katie Bo Williams - 01/06/17 03:59 PM EST

Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a widespread influence campaign intended to help elect Donald Trump, the intelligence community said in a declassified report released Friday afternoon.

“Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary [Hillary] Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump,” the report reads.

“We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him.”

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313108-declassified-report-putin-ordered-election-interference-to-help

I don't think we needed Putin to discredit Hillary ... she did a fine job of it herself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 02:17:16 am »
I suggest that you point out to me in that 25 page (15 of which are cover sheets and BS) where there is a direct connection between the hacking and the Soviets. I can't find it. As a matter of fact the thing is full of hedges about not being able to fully discuss the particulars. I also can't find any mention of them going through the DNC servers. One would think that would be paramount to coming up with exactly what happened there.

I'm gonna go with your assessment since you apparently had the time and stomach to read it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 02:20:29 am »
I'm gonna go with your assessment since you apparently had the time and stomach to read it.

He didn't. Do yourself a favor and read it yourself.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 02:21:55 am »

No.  I don't have the patience to read through government documents full of BS and hedging.  And I don't care.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 02:24:43 am »
No.  I don't have the patience to read through government documents full of BS and hedging.  And I don't care.

I'm just shaking my head at what "conservatives" have become.

Offline beandog

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 02:27:51 am »
Conservatives have wisely grown up and realized that both our government and our intelligence departments are not always to be trusted.  Obama has taught us that.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 02:32:53 am »
Conservatives have wisely grown up and realized that both our government and our intelligence departments are not always to be trusted.  Obama has taught us that.

I didn't ask for your opinion comrade.

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 02:40:13 am »

Not being smug here; but I'm assuming that you've read through it?  If so, please, I'd like to hear your synopsis and opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 03:02:53 am »
Not being smug here; but I'm assuming that you've read through it?  If so, please, I'd like to hear your synopsis and opinion.

You really need to read it yourself.

There was hacking of election infrastructure but it doesn't appear that any votes were affected HOWEVER it was a multifaceted attack involving heavy propaganda by way of youtube,  fake pro trump news stories originating in eastern Europe,, trolls and trollbots all over social media as well as using wikileaks and anonymous. They conclude that it was the largest and most intense sustained attack of this type ever run against the USA.

Funny thing is that wikileaks suddenly found that they don't like leaks after handing out classified info like candy for a few years now and then they turned around and threatened to expose verified users on twitter who tend to be celebrities, politicians and journalists.

Frankly people who think they can just laugh off a Russian attempt to undermine our constitution and electoral system are traitors in my book.

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 03:32:08 am »

There was hacking of election infrastructure but it doesn't appear that any votes were affected HOWEVER it was a multifaceted attack involving heavy propaganda by way of youtube,  fake pro trump news stories originating in eastern Europe,, trolls and trollbots all over social media as well as using wikileaks and anonymous. They conclude that it was the largest and most intense sustained attack of this type ever run against the USA.

Funny thing is that wikileaks suddenly found that they don't like leaks after handing out classified info like candy for a few years now and then they turned around and threatened to expose verified users on twitter who tend to be celebrities, politicians and journalists.

Frankly people who think they can just laugh off a Russian attempt to undermine our constitution and electoral system are traitors in my book.

Thank you for the info. Any attempt to undermine our Constitution and electoral process should be a concern to all of us.  What I find surprising and leaves me with numerous questions is evidently their agenda was against Hillary.  Clinton stated that Putin had a vendetta against her because of her comments regarding Russia's elections and the protests that followed. I personally find that a little petty and Clinton has been known to lie ... so what's the real reason?? What about all the Clinton e-mails?? IMHO I think it is likely that this isn't the first time, only the first time that it has been given attention.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:32:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:07 am »
You do know posting stuff like that makes you look stupid.   

Whoa.......buddy!    22222frying pan

ANYBODY but you ......   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 04:08:33 am »
Trump is not a free-market capitalist.  He believes in using eminent domain for private gain and in tariffs, and he has (unconstitutionally) threatened companies with selective tariffs since he was elected.  Those are not free-market approaches.

The report states that the Russians believed Hillary would win.  Their goal was to weaken her administration by publicizing embarrassing information.

The Democrats and mainstream media are clearly using this to build their "narrative" that Trump's election is illegitimate.  One can recognize and condemn that without dragging the US Intel community into the same morass of vainglorious accusations and insults Trump drags everyone else into when they don't serve his agenda.

If your post was a horse, we'd have to shoot it.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 04:22:04 am »

These vaunted "intelligence agencies" gave a pass to the Ft. Lauderdale shooter.

Earlier they bungled the Bay of Pigs, failed to forecast the fall of the USSR, failed to deter the 9-11-2001 attacks, etc.

So failures and mistakes are their norm.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 04:24:17 am »
These vaunted "intelligence agencies" gave a pass to the Ft. Lauderdale shooter.

Earlier they bungled the Bay of Pigs, failed to forecast the fall of the USSR, failed to deter the 9-11-2001 attacks, etc.

So failures and mistakes are their norm.

:beer:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 04:51:56 am »
This report is more garbage by a bunch of Regime hacks....

All they say in the report is that they THINK Putin didn't like Hitlary because he disparaged her. Hell, most of the world doesn;t like this crooked old broad. She is a disaster.
Hell, most of the world doesn;t like this crooked old broad. She is a disaster.
:thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 04:54:33 am »

Bullshit all. Show me where the Soviets actually did something. All this is Really a bunch of hoping and wishing by the Left.

And there's another thing. I see that this ****** **** only plays with Communist and devout Donny haters. Why's that?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:58:52 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 06:16:51 am »

Please explain what they were supposed to do.  Is it a federal offense to be schizophrenic? To watch videos?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 12:05:24 pm »

@beandog

Shrugging your shoulders and not giving a crap that a hostile foreign power actively interfered in a national election is not "growing up."  Don't delude yourself.  It's what Steve Deace wrote about recently---allowing politics to rot away your moral judgment and common sense.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2017, 12:16:50 pm »

Trolls.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »
You do know posting stuff like that makes you look stupid.   

Hmmm... if this is true, what does reposting it make you?   :pondering:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2017, 12:29:35 pm »
@beandog

Shrugging your shoulders and not giving a crap that a hostile foreign power actively interfered in a national election is not "growing up."  Don't delude yourself.  It's what Steve Deace wrote about recently---allowing politics to rot away your moral judgment and common sense.

Intentional low info voters who willfully choose ignorance are a dream come true for out of control government.

Anyone who actually reads the report realizes that this is a long way from over and how Trump deals with it will probably determine his future. Trump minimizing the report is not a good sign.

It was an act of war and requires a very strong response. Even Obama has been forced to show a little spine and send troops to Baltic nations. Trump would be well advised to double or triple those troops in response to the act of war Russia has committed against America.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2017, 12:36:32 pm »
Trump would be well advised to double or triple those troops in response to the act of war Russia has committed against America.

Uhhhhhh, no I don't think Americans want to risk millions dead because John Podesta's email was hacked.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2017, 12:41:40 pm »

Uhhhhhh, no I don't think Americans want to risk millions dead because John Podesta's email was hacked.

Childish Hyperbole based on a lie.