Author Topic: Britain to Trump - 'No vacancy' for Farage as ambassador  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Britain to Trump - 'No vacancy' for Farage as ambassador
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:49:17 am »
Britain to Trump - 'No vacancy' for Farage as ambassador

By Guy Faulconbridge

ReutersNovember 22, 2016

Excerpt:

"Many people would like to see @Nigel_Farage represent Great Britain as their Ambassador to the United States. He would do a great job!" Trump said.
Prime Minister Theresa May, who congratulated Trump on his victory, was swift to reject such an undiplomatic proposal, with a spokesman saying Britain already had an excellent ambassador to Washington and that London would appoint its own envoys.
"We have first rate ambassador in Washington," Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, who campaigned for Brexit, told the British parliament. "There is no vacancy for that position."
It is highly unusual in the modern era for leaders to publicly suggest to foreign nations whom they would like to see as ambassador, though during strained relations they sometimes reject or expel envoys.
Trump's suggestion provoked anger, support and even hilarity in Britain, with one lawmaker, Conservative Simon Burns, joking that perhaps Britain should suggest Hillary Clinton as its preferred choice as ambassador to London.

-End Excerpt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/britain-tells-trump-no-vacancy-farage-ambassador-united-071558138.html

They said mind your own business Trump.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Britain to Trump - 'No vacancy' for Farage as ambassador
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 11:46:10 am »
THIS explains the e-mail from my cousin.  😶 Now he is not only reversing himself so fast I can't keep up, he's added diplomatic missteps to the mix.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:02:34 am »
THIS explains the e-mail from my cousin.  😶 Now he is not only reversing himself so fast I can't keep up, he's added diplomatic missteps to the mix.

I was surprised that this thread went dead right away.  I found it amazing that he would be so bold tell another country who they should appoint as Ambassador to US.  It was weird also when this guy showed up at Trump Rally's.  Trump appeared to think that it was his BREXIT.

Misstep of huge proportions for sure.  Not appropriate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 06:16:43 am »
I found it amazing that he would be so bold tell another country who they should appoint as Ambassador to US. 

Donny is amazingly stunted when it comes to governmental affairs.  Heck, he lacks the understanding of a 5th grader.   He did, after all, believe Mitch McConnell was the "speaker" of the senate.

Factor in his endless arrogance and you have one of the biggest jokes to ever ascend to the office.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 06:20:16 am »
Donny is amazingly stunted when it comes to governmental affairs.  Heck, he lacks the understanding of a 5th grader.   He did, after all, believe Mitch McConnell was the "speaker" of the senate.

Factor in his endless arrogance and you have one of the biggest jokes to ever ascend to the office.

LOL  :silly:!  Speaker of the Senate.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 06:57:18 am »

@Vulcan
@Chosen Daughter

Get used to his telling other countries what to do - he thinks he is now King of the World.  Every country in this world will be laughing at him and also be afraid wondering if he is going to nuke them.  You can bet they have been reading his every crazy tweet - they know better than people here that he can't control himself and they are frightened to have the most powerful person in the world be a demented person they can't trust since he changes his mind every day.  They can't believe/trust the word of the President of the united States.  The entire world is not safe with Trump as President.

I read today he has only received two security briefings.  He has turned the rest down and should be getting them everyday.  They have tried to meet with him to brief him and he won't see them. At least Pence is getting them every day.   TRUMP DOES NOT WANT THIS JOB.  He just wants to have the name of President of the United States and go home to Trump Tower to sleep in his own bed.  He NEVER sleeps in any bed but his own at one of the places he owns.  He does not want to sleep in the White House.  I think there is something mental about this.  I think he only feels safe in HIS bedroom in his places.  This is another example of Trump's insecurity.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 07:10:26 am »
@Vulcan
@Chosen Daughter

Get used to his telling other countries what to do - he thinks he is now King of the World.  Every country in this world will be laughing at him and also be afraid wondering if he is going to nuke them.  You can bet they have been reading his every crazy tweet - they know better than people here that he can't control himself and they are frightened to have the most powerful person in the world be a demented person they can't trust since he changes his mind every day.  They can't believe/trust the word of the President of the united States.  The entire world is not safe with Trump as President.

I read today he has only received two security briefings.  He has turned the rest down and should be getting them everyday.  They have tried to meet with him to brief him and he won't see them. At least Pence is getting them every day.   TRUMP DOES NOT WANT THIS JOB.  He just wants to have the name of President of the United States and go home to Trump Tower to sleep in his own bed.  He NEVER sleeps in any bed but his own at one of the places he owns.  He does not want to sleep in the White House.  I think there is something mental about this.  I think he only feels safe in HIS bedroom in his places.  This is another example of Trump's insecurity.

Whoa won't go to security briefings.  We know he is a narcissist.  He wants to do it all on his own.  That is why he was quick to personally meets leaders like Japan to make sure he projects his own foreign policy.  Someone said Pence was there for part of the meeting but I only saw picture with Kushner and Ivanka.  Most likely Trump will be leaning on his own understanding.  Not seeking wisdom from God.  Not even seeking wisdom from his Cabinet.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 07:35:07 am »
I was surprised that this thread went dead right away.  I found it amazing that he would be so bold tell another country who they should appoint as Ambassador to US.  It was weird also when this guy showed up at Trump Rally's.  Trump appeared to think that it was his BREXIT.

Misstep of huge proportions for sure.  Not appropriate.

It irritated me. I'm no Farage fan anyway, voted for the Labour candidate as local MP in the last election to keep the UKIP bleep out (in my ward our Conservative candidate actually told us to vote for Labour since she had zero chance of winning!) since the UKIP candidate was former National Front.

I don't like racists.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »
It irritated me. I'm no Farage fan anyway, voted for the Labour candidate as local MP in the last election to keep the UKIP bleep out (in my ward our Conservative candidate actually told us to vote for Labour since she had zero chance of winning!) since the UKIP candidate was former National Front.

I don't like racists.

I am glad you posted.  Thank you.  I don't like racists either.