Author Topic: Ben Carson Accepts HUD Secretary Post, Spokesman Says  (Read 2135 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Ben Carson Accepts HUD Secretary Post, Spokesman Says
« on: November 23, 2016, 09:57:56 pm »
SOURCE: WALL STREET JOURNAL

URL: http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-carson-expects-announcement-on-trump-administration-role-soon-1479922776

by Damian Paletta

President-elect Donald Trump has selected former GOP presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson as the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, a spokesman for Mr. Carson said.

The spokesman, Armstrong Williams, said Mr. Carson was offered the HUD secretary post and has accepted it.

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Ben Carson Accepts HUD Secretary Post, Spokesman Says
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 09:59:07 pm »
MORE HERE: http://www.whec.com/news/ben-carson-hud-secretary/4326329/

Ben Carson accepts HUD Secretary position

A spokesperson for Ben Carson confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that Carson was offered the HUD secretary post, and has accepted it.

Carson eluded to the decision earlier Wednesday when he posted on Facebook, "After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone." He went on to say, "An announcement is forthcoming about my role in helping make America great again."

President-Elect Trump formally offered the job to the retired neurosurgeon on Tuesday.

Carson had previously said he was not interested in serving in Trump's administration. Though, his business manager Armstrong Williams said, Carson always maintained he'd be open to considering a senior role in the administration if Trump convinced him there was no one else for the job.

Williams said Carson was especially intrigued by the HUD position after being floated as a potential secretary of education or health and human services.

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:08 pm »
I swear just last week he said he didn't want a position in the Donald administration.  I'm having a hard time keeping up. :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:32:22 pm »
I swear just last week he said he didn't want a position in the Donald administration.  I'm having a hard time keeping up. :shrug:

I know. What's with this guy?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:35:14 pm »

I'd like to know what his qualifications are.

He lived in the hood 4 decades ago?

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:57 pm »

I hear he's an expert on grain storage...

Personally I think he's not completely sane.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 11:02:31 pm »
He sold his soul.

I guess he finally decided he wants to get something for it.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
Should be a good fit.  He will have lots of time for naps.  HUD is so screwed up no human can fix it.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:09:31 pm »
Should be a good fit.  He will have lots of time for naps.  HUD is so screwed up no human can fix it.

Wonder how long it will be before he declares that nobody needs an assault rifle in subsidized housing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 12:31:14 am »
SOURCE: WALL STREET JOURNAL

URL: http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-carson-expects-announcement-on-trump-administration-role-soon-1479922776

by Damian Paletta

President-elect Donald Trump has selected former GOP presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson as the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, a spokesman for Mr. Carson said.

The spokesman, Armstrong Williams, said Mr. Carson was offered the HUD secretary post and has accepted it.

Does anyone know what the Department of Housing and Urban Development does?

Anyone?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 12:35:53 am »

Carson is a strange dude.  I went off him when he had such a hissy fit about the Cruz team reporting a CNN story.  It was an odd story and it was true as far as I know.  He was going to Florida or somewhere to get a tie or a shirt or something.

Carson's campaign was derailed by Donald Trump.  Carson was popular until Trump called him a psychopath as in child molester.  Apparently that didn't bother Carson at all but the fact that the Cruz team passed on a news story got him all het up to the point that he wouldn't even accept a generous apology.

He is, in fact, a perfect person to be on the Trump team as we don't know what he'll say or do next...just like his leader.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 12:44:45 am »
The Spoils System on steroids. Even Andrew Jackson would be embarrassed.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 12:55:34 am »

Anyone?

Can't say. Not because we don't know.  But because we can't say.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 01:05:46 am »

Anyone?

They waste money.

Around a decade ago they handed out grant money to build an "art colony" at an old national guard armory with low income housing for artists. (Its an old walled prison) It turned out that the residents are primarily drug addicts, criminals and assorted lowlifes. They then build low income housing for seniors to supply the druggies and lowlifes a ready supply of victims.

Just a few years ago HUD provided several hundred grand to build a river arts walk in the city.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 05:10:48 am »
They waste money.

Around a decade ago they handed out grant money to build an "art colony" at an old national guard armory with low income housing for artists. (Its an old walled prison) It turned out that the residents are primarily drug addicts, criminals and assorted lowlifes. They then build low income housing for seniors to supply the druggies and lowlifes a ready supply of victims.

Just a few years ago HUD provided several hundred grand to build a river arts walk in the city.

That's what I figured.  Instead of appointing someone to head it, Trump should remove this useless agency.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 05:21:57 am »

Exactly. So far I can't say I'm overly thrilled with any of his cabinet picks, but this appointment in particular seems whacky.  Carson is a neurosurgeon and that qualifies him to be Secretary of Housing and Urban Development how? Maybe Trump plans on putting a number of clinics in the inner cities or something?  Who knows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 06:07:42 am »
Carson is a strange dude.  I went off him when he had such a hissy fit about the Cruz team reporting a CNN story.  It was an odd story and it was true as far as I know.  He was going to Florida or somewhere to get a tie or a shirt or something.

Carson's campaign was derailed by Donald Trump.  Carson was popular until Trump called him a psychopath as in child molester.  Apparently that didn't bother Carson at all but the fact that the Cruz team passed on a news story got him all het up to the point that he wouldn't even accept a generous apology.

He is, in fact, a perfect person to be on the Trump team as we don't know what he'll say or do next...just like his leader.

He was the call in the wilderness.  Make way for Donald Trump.  He may say bad things and do bad things but he's a Christian.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 05:02:05 pm »

@Frank Cannon

He's a total flake.  Not to mention the fact that he's discovered he really likes media attention.

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 05:04:33 pm »
rudy mustang
‏@roostermustache

Trump: you'd be great at urban development

Carson: im a doctor from ann arbor, what about me is urban to you

Trump:

Carson: no, say it

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:09 pm »
rudy mustang
‏@roostermustache

Trump:

It seems Trump has taken some good people and put them in the wrong positions for their skills.  Some sort of stereotyping bias seems the only explanation.
Carson- Black- Urban
Hailey- Indian- UN

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »
It seems Trump has taken some good people and put them in the wrong positions for their skills.  Some sort of stereotyping bias seems the only explanation.
Carson- Black- Urban
Hailey- Indian- UN

I was wondering about that myself.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »
rudy mustang
‏@roostermustache

Trump: