Author Topic: Lindsey Graham warns Donald Trump not to mess with Obama’s executive order or he’ll stand in the way  (Read 5833 times)

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham warns Donald Trump not to mess with Obama’s executive order or he’ll stand in the way
November 16, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

Trey Gowdy vs Ted Cruz for Supreme Court: take our POLL here.

Here he goes again!

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham issued a warning to President-elect Donald Trump that he ought to consider the consequences of undoing one of President Obama’s immigration programs, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), frequently called the Dream Act.

“Here is a problem that we have: You’ve got about a million DREAM Act kids who came here as small children, lived here all their lives. Now they have legal status by executive order,” Graham told reporters Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/11/16/lindsey-graham-warns-donald-trump-not-mess-obamas-executive-order-hell-stand-way-413080#ixzz4QNAiZZkE

rangerrebew

Maybe Trump can get rid of Limply Graham if South Carolina voters won't. :amen:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Maybe Trump can get rid of Limply Graham if South Carolina voters won't. :amen:

Real curious about how that's supposed to work.

rangerrebew

Real curious about how that's supposed to work.

Make him meaningless to everyone; veto his legislation, have nasty opinions of him by Trump "leak out," call in people who support his legislation, etc.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Lindsey does not realize that Congress, not a President, makes laws in this country.

If Graham thinks what Obama did is worthwhile, let him introduce legislation and argue merits before the Senate.

Otherwise, get lost.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Lord forgive me, I hate this man.

Offline bilo

Lindsey does not realize that Congress, not a President, makes laws in this country.

If Graham thinks what Obama did is worthwhile, let him introduce legislation and argue merits before the Senate.

Otherwise, get lost.

:amen:

All the executive orders and regulations should be undone. If any had merits pass legislation and put them into law. Lets get away from the imperial presidency and back to being a Republic.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 06:50:12 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

Lord forgive me, I hate this man.

I wish that old queen would just go away.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Lindsey Graham warns Donald Trump not to mess with Obama’s executive order or he’ll stand in the way

Shut up Goober.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I agree that illegal immigrants that have committed crimes must be deported.   But what's the objection - especially in the context of a larger bargain that clears the way for bad apples to be deported - to normalizing the status of folks who came here as small children, and who've kept their noses clean?   

I have no issue with being tough on illegal immigration.  But I've never quite understood the conservative objection to relief for the "dreamer" kids who never so much as crossed a border illegally. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:37:12 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I agree that illegal immigrants that have committed crimes must be deported.   But what's the objection - especially in the context of a larger bargain that clears the way for bad apples to be deported - to normalizing the status of folks who came here as small children, and who've kept their noses clean?   

I have no issue with being tough on illegal immigration.  But I've never quite understood the conservative objection to relief for the "dreamer" kids who never so much as crossed a border illegally.
One is repeating oneself when one says 'illegal' immigrants that have committed crimes.

To be here without permissions is a crime.

A bad apple is one who goes against our laws and jumps ahead of legal immigrants.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One is repeating oneself when one says 'illegal' immigrants that have committed crimes.

A bad apple is one who goes against our laws and jumps ahead of legal immigrants.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom

Otherwise, get lost.

Spot on.  :beer:

Offline skeeter

As long as their "dream" doesn't include chain migration, public assistance and demands that I subordinate my culture to their's I'm fine with it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Lindsey will switch parties in the next 2 years which will make our Senate lead even thinner.

Maybe we can primary him out?

Offline Night Hides Not

Have at it, Lindsey!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Is a kid who came here as a toddler with a parent a bad apple?   Should he/she be punished for the sins of the parent?   

Like it or not,  if we're serious about fixing immigration we need to address those already here.   I have no stomach for a "deportation force" to find and remove all 12 million who merely crossed the border illegally.  That's a COLOSSAL waste of resources and tax dollars.  Those who should be deported are those who committed real crimes - felonies, drug dealing,  etc.   And those who are here because their parents brought them here?   Why not cut them a break if they've kept their noses clean?   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:40:25 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why not cut them a break if they've kept their noses clean?   

Because it rewards people who break the law. Follow our laws, or go home.

Oceander

For little children who had no choice in the matter, and who have never known any place other than the U.S.?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

@Jazzhead

I understand your point.  I think the problem at this point is that there is no larger bargain, nor have the parameters of one even been established yet.  And I think that until you have actual border security, discussing the legalization of people under 18 is problematic.

In essence, Graham is leading off with offering a concession, and  I think that is foolish.  Doesn't help that he's phrasing it as a demand, either.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:03:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Night Hides Not

Is a kid who came here as a toddler with a parent a bad apple?   Should he/she be punished for the sins of the parent?   

Like it or not,  if we're serious about fixing immigration we need to address those already here.   I have no stomach for a "deportation force" to find and remove all 12 million who merely crossed the border illegally.  That's a COLOSSAL waste of resources and tax dollars.  Those who should be deported are those who committed real crimes - felonies, drug dealing,  etc.   And those who are here because their parents brought them here?   Why not cut them a break if they've kept their noses clean?   

We don't need a "deportation force". What we need is an expulsion of felons and those who overstayed their visas. Follow that with a process that provides a path to legalization (not citizenship), i.e. a worker's visa that isn't open ended. Bring to the front of the line those who are trying to become citizens under existing law.

I lived in El Paso for over 15 years, just a mile from the Rio Grande. It's been a dangerous place to live for decades, thanks to the drug trade and human smuggling. You can see the third world conditions along I-10 near UTEP, and it's easy to understand why parents would do almost anything to give their kids a better life.

By the same token, ditch ESL (English as a Second Language), and go straight immersion language training. You'll save a ton of money, and the students will be better served. I know immersion works. In just two six-week classes at night, my German proficiency grew exponentially.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

Hillary & Bill have been rewarded handsomely for all the laws they broke.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
As long as their "dream" doesn't include chain migration, public assistance and demands that I subordinate my culture to their's I'm fine with it.

@skeeter

Come to think of it, I'd also bounce any of them arrested for any crime, even a misdemeanor, involving public disturbance.  Including political protests.  Don't freaking try to pressure our political system if you're not even here legally. 

Offline Night Hides Not

@skeeter

Come to think of it, I'd also bounce any of them arrested for any crime, even a misdemeanor, involving public disturbance.  Including political protests.  Don't freaking try to pressure our political system if you're not even here legally.

Something like this?