Author Topic: Lindsey Graham warns Donald Trump not to mess with Obama’s executive order or he’ll stand in the way  (Read 5826 times)

Oceander

Why don't you apply that logic to your own house and let the invaders stay with you?

No you won't, for the same reason I choose for them not to stay here.

The USA is my house, none of them were invited and cannot stay.

The USA is not your house.  Were it any particular individuals house then it would also be my house, and you are most definitely not welcome in my house, so get the hell out. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What I want is not a dime of public money spent on them—which most directly means public schools shouldn't be forced to accept them....

That would require a constitutional amendment.  Amazingly enough, the Supreme Court ruled decades ago that the illegals have the right to attend public schools for free.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If Graham thinks what Obama did is worthwhile, let him introduce legislation and argue merits before the Senate.

He did, in 2013.  Remember the Gang of 8?   It went through the Senate, but was never taken up by the House – fortunately.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The USA is not your house.  Were it any particular individuals house then it would also be my house, and you are most definitely not welcome in my house, so get the hell out.

Yeah, you are great at trying to order people who are supposed to be here legally out while letting those who are illegally here to remain.

A twisted rationale you have.

And yes, this country is indeed my home and we and other citizens who vote have decided to choose who to allow to remain here and who should not be here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I say that any child that only knows of life in America should stay.  And their parents can stay until the children reach legal age.  After that, they go back.  The now adult child will have the same opportunity to bring them in like any American can with close family members who are foreigners.

I can agree with that.   What we fail to realize in our zeal to cast out the dirty foreigners is that we - our government's policies,  the needs of American employers - invited them to come here.  And come here they did - in most cases, to work, and work hard, for the sake of their families.

Some basic compassion and fairness is in order.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I can agree with that.   What we fail to realize in our zeal to cast out the dirty foreigners is that we - our government's policies,  the needs of American employers - invited them to come here.  And come here they did - in most cases, to work, and work hard, for the sake of their families.

Some basic compassion and fairness is in order.     
@Oceander

It is the Holiday season. There ain't no room for compassion and fairness.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That would require a constitutional amendment.  Amazingly enough, the Supreme Court ruled decades ago that the illegals have the right to attend public schools for free.
I know. We do, however, have a court that isn't populated entirely by agenda-pushers like we did in the 60s—and not getting Clinton may have very well avoided that happening again. With the right case, that wrong precedent (and many others) could easily be overturned.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024