Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 13036 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2016, 02:33:46 am »
Everything this guy has said and done is indicative of what he WILL say and DO!  this is really all very simple!!

why anyones surprised at this by now...is beyond me!'

this is what duplicitous dishonest people DO! 

i will drain the swamp... and then fill it with MAMMOTH PIRAÑAS?  Great work!  just wonderful!

Meanwhile the establishment laughs in the faces of those dumb enough to have been fooled by the Trump circus.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:22 am »
UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!   I can't stand the guy....what a snake Priebus is....

geronl

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2016, 02:43:34 am »
@geronl Ummmm.  No.  I don't think so.  He needs an Operator there.

His own personal quack, who can write a doctors note in 5 minutes while the patient waits in the car.

geronl

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2016, 02:45:07 am »
I know it's an important job....I am hoping Pence's influence comes into play on those picks

So, you want them to be like Justice Roberts... because Wince Creepus is part of the Boehner-McConnell cabal against conservatives

Offline Fantom

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2016, 02:48:33 am »
So, you want them to be like Justice Roberts... because Wince Creepus is part of the Boehner-McConnell cabal against conservatives

Rince Prebus and wash....LoL

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline jpsb

« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2016, 03:07:47 am »
The act is so tired, Schitzo!!!       :whistle:

Let the vile NeverTrumpers talk to themselves, they've earned one another company.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2016, 03:09:58 am »
Let the vile NeverTrumpers talk to themselves, they've earned one another company.

There's something we totally agree on!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2016, 03:17:07 am »

Speaking of tired acts...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:53 am »

Their boy McMullin got less than one half of one percent and their other boy Castle didn't make it on the scoreboard.

Statistical zeros... :laugh:

Offline bilo

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2016, 03:30:53 am »
Kiss the ring or burn. And they just love comparing him to Reagan. Reagan would never say such a thing. He tried to win people to his side by reason, not threats.

I'm with you 100%.

Reagan was beautiful in how he could turn comments aimed at hurting him to his benefit with a pleasant smile and quick word. Trump for all his moral shortcomings and lack of understanding of conservative principals is not a fool. He has already indicated he won't take a salary and won't be spending most of his time at the White House. He's doing a great job of creating an image of himself as being "with the people who have been ignored". If he's smart enough to do this I think he will be smart enough to not act like his supporters. He will try to find common ground on most things.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2016, 03:32:46 am »
I'm with you 100%.

Reagan was beautiful in how he could turn comments aimed at hurting him to his benefit with a pleasant smile and quick word. Trump for all his moral shortcomings and lack of understanding of conservative principals is not a fool. He has already indicated he won't take a salary and won't be spending most of his time at the White House. He's doing a great job of creating an image of himself as being "with the people who have been ignored". If he's smart enough to do this I think he will be smart enough to not act like his supporters. He will try to find common ground on most things.

Reagan was a true and natural diplomat.

Offline bilo

« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2016, 03:45:00 am »
Reagan was a true and natural diplomat.

He was and he was a gentleman. I voted for him twice and I'm still hoping I'll see another like him in my lifetime.

When talking with millenials I love to point out to them that when I was getting started in business there was a roaring economy with GDP at 4%+ and opportunity everywhere you looked. When they come back with nonsense about defense I point out to them they never lived with the threat of global thermonuclear war because Reagan crushed the USSR.

Trump is lucky if he walks in Reagan's shadow, but in some ways he can accomplish great things if he follows through on his campaign promises. I'm going to try and give him 6 months after he's sworn in before I criticize him. By then I think the ttrend will be clear. It's to bad his supporters can be such jerks.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2016, 03:48:49 am »
When they come back with nonsense about defense I point out to them they never lived with the threat of global thermonuclear war because Reagan crushed the USSR.

Ain't that the truth. One worry I'm glad we've had on hold for a quarter century.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2016, 03:52:11 am »
He was and he was a gentleman. I voted for him twice and I'm still hoping I'll see another like him in my lifetime.

When talking with millenials I love to point out to them that when I was getting started in business there was a roaring economy with GDP at 4%+ and opportunity everywhere you looked. When they come back with nonsense about defense I point out to them they never lived with the threat of global thermonuclear war because Reagan crushed the USSR.

Trump is lucky if he walks in Reagan's shadow, but in some ways he can accomplish great things if he follows through on his campaign promises. I'm going to try and give him 6 months after he's sworn in before I criticize him. By then I think the ttrend will be clear. It's to bad his supporters can be such jerks.

America would be a better place if Millenials had been taught the truth of Reagan. But that goes back to liberals controlling the media/education. They had to demonize him otherwise they would have lost their grip on power if the truth was known by all.

Online DB

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2016, 04:08:49 am »
I'm with you 100%.

I don't think he's thought through the not being in the White House most of the time. There are enormous costs providing security outside of the White House. There are protected ways out of the White House in a siege or eminent threat. There are heavy defenses around the White House making it defendable. In addition he endangers others if he tries to live among us.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2016, 04:31:30 am »

I completely stand by that remark.   (And those here who know me, know I meant "SOCONS")

Trump has the unique opportunity to reshape the entire Republican Party.  In fact, the entire American political landscape for generations.

And if the 'new' Republican Party becomes the home for millions of new cross-overs...Trump has done his job.
Gotcha. Honor means nothing, Right and wrong mean nothing, The Constitution is just another piece of parchment that stands in your way. It's all about the money with you. What you don't get is that none of that will be anything but a den of thieves squabbling over scraps.

You aren't anyone to run the river with, but you probably don't even understand that insult. If you are the new face of the GOP, I'm glad I am gone from it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2016, 04:40:22 am »
Gotcha. Honor means nothing, Right and wrong mean nothing, The Constitution is just another piece of parchment that stands in your way. It's all about the money with you. What you don't get is that none of that will be anything but a den of thieves squabbling over scraps.

You aren't anyone to run the river with, but you probably don't even understand that insult. If you are the new face of the GOP, I'm glad I am gone from it.

https://jermination.wordpress.com/2008/04/26/the-three-legged-stool/

The Three-Legged Stool

This is certainly not my original thought, but it does seem appropriate to bring it up on the eve before Super Tuesday.

True Conservatism can be likened to a 3-legged stool. The first leg is National Security/Foreign Policy. Conservatives are for a strong military, an enforcement of legal immigration, a strong stance against terror, and a belief that America should take the lead in foreign policy, protecting American interests and sacrificing our sovereignty to no one.

The second leg is fiscal conservatism (which actually has a lot in common with Libertarianism.) The basic gist is lower taxes, smaller government, less intrusion and regulation – get government out of the way and let people prosper.

The third leg is social conservatism. Everyone knows what this means. It is the moral center – the conscience of a conservative. It is what causes us to be pro-life, to fight injustice, to promote families and protect people’s right to practice their religion. It influences what kind of judges we appoint and where we fall on issues like embryonic stem cell research.

This three-legged stool metaphor is the foundation of modern conservatism as taught by Barry Goldwater, and flawlessly applied by Ronald Reagan.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2016, 04:50:30 am »
https://jermination.wordpress.com/2008/04/26/the-three-legged-stool/

The Three-Legged Stool

This is certainly not my original thought, but it does seem appropriate to bring it up on the eve before Super Tuesday.

True Conservatism can be likened to a 3-legged stool. The first leg is National Security/Foreign Policy. Conservatives are for a strong military, an enforcement of legal immigration, a strong stance against terror, and a belief that America should take the lead in foreign policy, protecting American interests and sacrificing our sovereignty to no one.

The second leg is fiscal conservatism (which actually has a lot in common with Libertarianism.) The basic gist is lower taxes, smaller government, less intrusion and regulation – get government out of the way and let people prosper.

The third leg is social conservatism. Everyone knows what this means. It is the moral center – the conscience of a conservative. It is what causes us to be pro-life, to fight injustice, to promote families and protect people’s right to practice their religion. It influences what kind of judges we appoint and where we fall on issues like embryonic stem cell research.

This three-legged stool metaphor is the foundation of modern conservatism as taught by Barry Goldwater, and flawlessly applied by Ronald Reagan.
Without the constraints placed on our foreign policy by a strong sense of right and wrong, we become just another imperial force for the enrichment of those who wield that power. Without a sense of right and wrong, we have no metric by which to determine injustice except a corporate bottom line. Without that sense of Right and wrong, we cannot lead from any moral high ground, at home nor abroad. Without that sense of right and wrong, there is no guide as to what government is appropriate and what is not, only a balance sheet. Without it, no fairness will ensue, only unbridled and ruthless greed.

If social Conservatives are unwelcome in the GOP, the party can go to Hell with the Democrats it has been acting more like every year. Without that aspect, whatever is left isn't Conservatism. At least there is enough honesty (hubris?) among the people who laud this "victory" to say we are unwelcome instead of just treat us like shit and pretend to be our friends. Wake up people.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:52:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2016, 04:57:52 am »
Without the constraints placed on our foreign policy by a strong sense of right and wrong, we become just another imperial force for the enrichment of those who wield that power. Without a sense of right and wrong, we have no metric by which to determine injustice except a corporate bottom line. Without that sense of Right and wrong, we cannot lead from any moral high ground, at home nor abroad. Without that sense of right and wrong, there is no guide as to what government is appropriate and what is not, only a balance sheet. Without it, no fairness will ensue, only unbridled and ruthless greed.

If social Conservatives are unwelcome in the GOP, the party can go to Hell with the Democrats it has been acting more like every year. Without that aspect, whatever is left isn't Conservatism. At least there is enough honesty (hubris?) among the people who laud this "victory" to say we are unwelcome instead of just treat us like shit and pretend to be our friends. Wake up people.

The simple fact of the matter is that there is no 'conservatism' without all three legs. Anyone claiming otherwise need to take it up with Goldwater and Reagan. Or Geometry. Stools are unstable with two legs and the slightest breese when the wind blows will knock them over.

Take away SoCons and you have a group of moderates at best.

Online DB

« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2016, 05:00:50 am »

Without principles, you don't have a rudder. You drift with the tide.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2016, 05:12:17 am »
Their boy McMullin got less than one half of one percent and their other boy Castle didn't make it on the scoreboard.

Statistical zeros... :laugh:

More proof this is all nothing more than a stupid sporting event to you people.  Your team won - the rest of us can go cry in the dugout until next season to vie for the "championship". 

Foundational principles don't mean squat to you people.  Just numbers you can rub in the LOSERS face while dancing around in euphoria exclaiming 'I won!  I won!'.   You want your ticker tape parade while singing Queen.  Makes you no different than the ideologies you pretend to oppose.  Liberty and limited government continues to lose and you guys don't give a crap because to you - Constitutional liberty is getting your guy into office to execute punishments and payback while making bigger government managed under your cult of personality.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:12:56 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2016, 05:17:30 am »

"...while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams - October 11, 1798

We are no longer a religious or moral people - which is why the Constitution is no longer relevant and we are no longer a Republic with a limited government.

We are not a people capable of being self-governed.

The government has become god, it's politicians it's priests and messiahs and Empire is our lot and our ruination to come.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:19:25 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2016, 05:27:37 am »
Bet he promised this for all the heavy-handed tactics at the convention.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:14 am »
I thought Priebus was the problem with D.C. - the spineless establishment - that Trump was going to fix?  How does hiring the problem as your Chief of Staff count as fixing the problem?

Online DB

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2016, 05:35:12 am »
I thought Priebus was the problem with D.C. - the spineless establishment - that Trump was going to fix?  How does hiring the problem as your Chief of Staff count as fixing the problem?

That's so last week...