Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 13148 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2016, 12:40:15 am »
Not nearly as much as the knowledge that we're out here spreading that idea further.

Thus their oft stated desire for dogs, revenge and trials for treason.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2016, 12:41:50 am »
Maybe from 20,000 feet ... but that's not good enough for the position.  Hands-on and personal experience with the Congressional team is needed .. IMO.

Donald Regan came from Merrill Lynch. Ken Duberstein was running an economic think tank. Erskine Bowles was an investment banker.....and you are telling me a political pollster in GOP party politics for 30 years isn't going to cut it? Absurd.

On top of that the job is to run the WH staff and setting appointments, not outreach to congress. That is the Presidents job.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2016, 12:43:10 am »
Jesus...

COS = CHIEF OF STAFF. Maybe in your desire to find no fault with anything, you missed that he's the guy that is responsible for staff. AKA Don's picks/nominations. Thus the 'Chief' part of 'Chief of Staff. You don't get to rewrite reality. He's the go between. And he ain't gonna staff people he opposes or that arent lockstep with the Trump agenda. Whether or how far off constitutionalism parts of it may be.
Well since you call me names all the time, I will risk a timeout by telling you, you are an idiot. Do you know what the staff does? LOGISTICS fool! Try reading up on stuff before making a fool of yourself.  Trump's picks and nominations for important positions will be made by Trump.

CoS helps implements policy formulated by the president and his top advisors. CoS does not formulate policy.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2016, 12:45:49 am »
Well since you call me names all the time, I will risk a timeout by telling you, you are an idiot. Do you know what the staff does? LOGISTICS fool! Try reading up on stuff before making a fool of yourself.  Trump's picks and nominations for important positions will be made by Trump.

CoS helps implements policy formulated by the president and his top advisors. CoS does not formulate policy.
Call me whatever makes you feel better. Makes no difference to me.

You go right on believing the COS is a glorified secretary with no influence on policy or selections and no interaction with Congress. I'll let history prove you the idiot.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2016, 12:50:15 am »
Well, I don't think I said that...

Welcome to the club...   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2016, 12:50:45 am »
Welcome to the club...

LOL!   The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2016, 12:51:59 am »
Donald Regan came from Merrill Lynch. Ken Duberstein was running an economic think tank. Erskine Bowles was an investment banker.....and you are telling me a political pollster in GOP party politics for 30 years isn't going to cut it? Absurd.

On top of that the job is to run the WH staff and setting appointments, not outreach to congress. That is the Presidents job.

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jpsb

« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2016, 12:52:51 am »
Not nearly as much as the knowledge that we're out here spreading that idea further.

You and yours are totally irrelevant. The biggest losers in this election are the NeverTrumpers. No one wants you, no one listens to you, no one gives a damn about you. You are a tiny tiny group of sore losers that does nothing but whine like a teenage girl stood up on prom night. Get over it, you lost.

Comment from Mod - Your small, petty, and tiresome insult is going to end.  One way or another.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:16:16 am by Mod2 »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2016, 12:54:47 am »
Welcome to the club...

Hell, let's clang some glasses.   :beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2016, 12:54:58 am »
You and yours are totally irrelevant. The biggest losers in this election are the NeverTrumpers. No one wants you, no one listens to you, no one gives a damn about you. You are a tiny tiny group of sore losers that does nothing but whine like a teenage girl stood up on prom night. Get over it, you lost.

Nope. Suffer with us. We arent going anywhere. If Trump keeps his word/s, we have no problem. If he's the conservative you say he is, we have no problem.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2016, 12:56:38 am »
Call me whatever makes you feel better. Makes no difference to me.

You go right on believing the COS is a glorified secretary with no influence on policy or selections and no interaction with Congress. I'll let history prove you the idiot.

wiki
The White House chief of staff is the highest ranking employee of the White House. The position is a modern successor to the earlier role of the president's private secretary. The role was formalized as the assistant to the president in 1946 and acquired its current name in 1961.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2016, 12:57:17 am »
LOL!   The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power.

I completely stand by that remark.   (And those here who know me, know I meant "SOCONS")

Trump has the unique opportunity to reshape the entire Republican Party.  In fact, the entire American political landscape for generations.

And if the 'new' Republican Party becomes the home for millions of new cross-overs...Trump has done his job.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2016, 12:57:37 am »
wiki
The White House chief of staff is the highest ranking employee of the White House. The position is a modern successor to the earlier role of the president's private secretary. The role was formalized as the assistant to the president in 1946 and acquired its current name in 1961.

Thank you for proving my point perfectly.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:02 am »
Hell, let's clang some glasses.   :beer:

:beer:    :laugh:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:11 am »

Okay Obama.

You and your Prince-elect will be known now as The Wons you have been waiting for.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:49 am »

I completely stand by that remark.   (And those here who know me, know I meant "SOCONS")

Trump has the unique opportunity to reshape the entire Republican Party.  In fact, the entire American political landscape for generations.

And if the 'new' Republican Party becomes the home for millions of new cross-overs...Trump has done his job.

And your remark is completely liberal. Not like you ever hid your hate of Socons or any other conservatives.

Online DB

« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2016, 01:00:18 am »

Lol... They hypocrisy escapes you... Want to see sore, go look in the mirror... And you say "no one listens to you, no one gives a damn about you" yet you obviously do...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2016, 01:00:32 am »
And your remark is completely liberal. Not like you ever hid your hate of Socons or any other conservatives.

Uh-huh.....whatever you say, slick.    :whistle:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2016, 01:01:29 am »
Lol... They hypocrisy escapes you... Want to see sore, go look in the mirror... And you say "no one listens to you, no one gives a damn about you" yet you obviously do...

Liberals cannot deal with dissent from dogma. Regardless of what they call themselves. Actions define.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2016, 01:02:03 am »
Uh-huh.....whatever you say, slick.    :whistle:

You said it. Don't blame me for your comments.

Offline bilo

« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2016, 01:02:18 am »

You know this sounds an awful lot like obama when the Pubs met with him to discuss problems with obamacare. Obama told them "I won, you lost, get over it". All the liberals loved it at the time. Now 8 years later everything obama did will be undone. After his first 2 yrs the Pubs took the House back and all legislation stopped. obama could only do illegal executive orders to get what he wanted because he was incapable of negotiating with those that didn't agree with him.

I'm hoping Trump is smarter than obama and he negotiates with the Pubs that control the House and Senate and even Rats if they are going to be reasonable. If he does this he can get things done that will last. So I don't see how Trump supporters help their cause by denigrating those who don't fall in line. Trump won a big electoral victory, but a lot States were pretty close and could have gone the other way.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DB

« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2016, 01:02:59 am »

So I take it "social conservatives" are those who think men shouldn't be in the women's bathroom?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2016, 01:05:23 am »
You know this sounds an awful lot like obama when the Pubs met with him to discuss problems with obamacare. Obama told them "I won, you lost, get over it". All the liberals loved it at the time. Now 8 years later everything obama did will be undone. After his first 2 yrs the Pubs took the House back and all legislation stopped. obama could only do illegal executive orders to get what he wanted because he was incapable of negotiating with those that didn't agree with him.

I'm hoping Trump is smarter than obama and he negotiates with the Pubs that control the House and Senate and even Rats if they are going to be reasonable. If he does this he can get things done that will last. So I don't see how Trump supporters help their cause by denigrating those who don't fall in line. Trump won a big electoral victory, but a lot States were pretty close and could have gone the other way.

The internet is great. Someone can claim to be conservative when spouting verbatim Obama zombie language and for all we know, they WERE Obama zombies and just advancing his agenda. Such is the curse of internet forums.

Great...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2016, 01:06:03 am »
You said it. Don't blame me for your comments.

You've been calling everybody in here that was for Trump a liberal.  In the most insulting and degrading manner.  You have no credibility anymore.

I consider myself a staunch fiscal conservative, and have supported same for decades.

And all I want out of a SCOTUS pick is for them to enforce the Constitution as written.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2016, 01:06:07 am »
All this angst and bickering over the naming of the COS....sheeeesh!

COS's come and go...let's worry about the SCOTUS picks!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34