Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 13184 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2016, 12:01:10 am »
Maybe Ivanka or Trump, Jr. - gotta be a sycophant who will wear the kneepads

@geronl Ummmm.  No.  I don't think so.  He needs an Operator there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2016, 12:01:15 am »
Here's how Newt thinks the power-order shakes out:

Newt GingrichVerified account
‏@newtgingrich
The Bannon-priebus team is a tremendous choice by President elect Trump. Bannon for key strategies,priebus for daily management. great team

Ignore the skunk at your peril.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2016, 12:01:39 am »
A COS has influence on who they will be. Perhaps the most influence. Some here forget that.

I know it's an important job....I am hoping Pence's influence comes into play on those picks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2016, 12:03:22 am »
I did, I had to hold my nose big time to vote W, I only did it because of Gore and then Kerry. W sucked, worst president ever until Zero came along. Jimmy set the bar low, W went under it. Zero is W legacy. I'd tell you what I really think of W but I don't want to do a time out.

I rest my case.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2016, 12:04:38 am »
I know it's an important job....I am hoping Pence's influence comes into play on those picks

As do I. But his record is what it is. RP was the guy pushing for reaches across the aisle before. It's likely more of that is coming. We have no factual basis to think otherwise.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2016, 12:05:22 am »

Bannon will pick the SC justices.  He will direct everything.  Reince is there to carry out Bannon's orders.

Trump doesn't give a damn about Reince Priebus.  But he and Bannon are copasetic.  That's why Trump never slammed the alt-right.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2016, 12:06:37 am »
Maybe from 20,000 feet ... but that's not good enough for the position.  Hands-on and personal experience with the Congressional team is needed .. IMO.

CoS needs to be a workaholic, it is a 24/7 down in the weeds job. Very few would want or could do the job. Trump knows what he is doing.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2016, 12:06:39 am »

I think his influence will be very helpful (it certainly was during the campaign).  But I also think his knowledge of what makes the players tick is equally important, and he brings that to the table too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2016, 12:08:24 am »
A COS has influence on who they will be. Perhaps the most influence. Some here forget that.

Bull CoS is logistics.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2016, 12:10:15 am »
I"m not going to criticize his choice for Chief of Staff.  Priebus?  Fine with me.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2016, 12:12:41 am »
Bull CoS is logistics.

Jesus...

COS = CHIEF OF STAFF. Maybe in your desire to find no fault with anything, you missed that he's the guy that is responsible for staff. AKA Don's picks/nominations. Thus the 'Chief' part of 'Chief of Staff. You don't get to rewrite reality. He's the go between. And he ain't gonna staff people he opposes or that arent lockstep with the Trump agenda. Whether or how far off constitutionalism parts of it may be.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:04 am »
CoS needs to be a workaholic, it is a 24/7 down in the weeds job. Very few would want or could do the job. Trump knows what he is doing.

Good points, all.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:10 am »
I"m not going to criticize his choice for Chief of Staff.  Priebus?  Fine with me.

You be loving that alt/right guy too.  The val-jar of the administration.   The king of dirty tricks?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2016, 12:19:17 am »
You be loving that alt/right guy too.  The val-jar of the administration.   The king of dirty tricks?

Let's just see how much Stombartism works its way into policy.

Priebus is the shiny object.  Bannon is the power.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2016, 12:19:46 am »

Project much?   :laugh:

Offline DB

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2016, 12:20:10 am »
Some need to pick their battles. I'm not all that concerned who he picks for his COS. That's minor. Not everything Trump does or will do is wrong

His spending wishes and his march to grow the size and scope of the government, however, will have ramifications for generations and should be fiercely opposed by conservatives

If you don't pick people who have those same goals you don't achieve those goals.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2016, 12:25:32 am »
And by the way the new GOP is a conservative GOP.

And the Pope is Jewish too.

How stupid do you take us for?

Your neoFascist GOP is just another arm of big Government statism oligarchy.

You're just gonna put Trump's name on it and call NYC Liberalism "Conservatism" as we are already watching happen.

Because you know - punishing corporations if they do not "make their damn stuff here" is such a "Conservative" principle.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2016, 12:29:17 am »

Rinsed Prius just got the key to the clubhouse (and here people thought he was already "Country Club") and Conservatives will be fought tooth and nail by the GOP.

Conservatives as were once defined by Reagan - are going to be made extinct.

That is the goal of both the GOP and the Democrats and the new NeoFascist Populist Nationalism masquerading as 'True Conservatism' out there right now.

The bloodthirsty desire for vengeance still being called for by the 'gracious winners'.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2016, 12:29:31 am »

:silly:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2016, 12:31:36 am »
Conservatives as were once defined by Reagan - are going to be made extinct.

That is the goal of both the GOP and the Democrats and the new NeoFascist Populist Nationalism masquerading as 'True Conservatism' out there right now.

The bloodthirsty desire for vengeance still being called for by the 'gracious winners'.

Even if they follow up on their hunting us down with dogs threats, they can't kill the idea. And that knowledge infuriates them.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2016, 12:34:29 am »

Well, I don't think I said that...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2016, 12:34:53 am »
Even if they follow up on their hunting us down with dogs threats, they can't kill the idea. And that knowledge infuriates them.

They are already chiding and cheering the fact that Reagan Conservatives who will not fall in line behind Trump are going to be "forevermore in the political wilderness".

The parallels to the Squadristi in the 20's is beyond scary.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:35:49 am by INVAR »

Silver Pines

« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2016, 12:37:33 am »
Look on the bright side. The true believers are calling this a stroke of brilliance and posting Trump as Washington pics on TOS. Yea, the same true believers that have called RP the problem with the GOP for a few years now.

So everything is fine.

@Norm Lenhart

TOS thinks it's a fine decision because Priebus showed such "loyalty" to Trump.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2016, 12:37:44 am »

Not nearly as much as the knowledge that we're out here spreading that idea further.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2016, 12:39:23 am »
They are already chiding and cheering the fact that Reagan Conservatives who will not fall in line behind Trump are going to be "forevermore in the political wilderness".

The parallels to the Squadristi in the 20's is beyond scary.

History always repeats. They can deny it all they like. Hopefully in the future, our descendants can rebuild.