Author Topic: Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare, President-elect says in major U-turn  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-obamacare-repeals-latest-policies-quote-replacement-president-elect-a7412621.html

Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise. The President-elect performed the apparent U-turn after his meeting with Barack Obama at the White House this week, he has said. Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline montanajoe

I am going to get so bored with saying "Told You So" for the next four years :tongue2:

Offline Victoria33

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-obamacare-repeals-latest-policies-quote-replacement-president-elect-a7412621.html

Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise. The President-elect performed the apparent U-turn after his meeting with Barack Obama at the White House this week, he has said. Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.
@Dexter

This is NUMBER ONE crazy Trump.  Never trust a crazy person because he/she is crazy.  Waiting for another crazy Trump - that will be making Steve Bannon Chief of Staff if he does that.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

More bombastic nonsense from our friends across the pond. Obamacare will be repealed. All that is being discussed is whether or not some provisions of what is currently Obamacare may be folded into the new system.

This article is playing semantic games as usual to say that if any single piece of Obamacare remains, then it wasn't really fully repealed. The new healthcare system will be privatized, and totally different from Obamacare.

It is a joke. It is a click bait headline.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

It is on Fox now.
Of course, if you paid attention, he walk parts of this back during the primary.
He did so during a debate, for one.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:16:42 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Dude ....

Can't you give us a full damned week of savoring Clintons defeat before running your stupid mouth?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GrouchoTex

Dude ....

Can't you give us a full damned week of savoring Clintons defeat before running your stupid mouth?
I respectfully disagree, EC.
If it is a lie, you have a point.
If it is not, would you hide it to bask in the afterglow of November 8th?
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free".

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I am going to get so bored with saying "Told You So" for the next four years :tongue2:

Maybe we should just pick a designated poster for that. I think he or she will be very busy.  :silly:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Maybe we should just pick a designated poster for that. I think he or she will be very busy.  :silly:

Or maybe the owners can put an "I Told You So" long term thread above the fold...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We can build an "I TOLD YOU SO!!" sandbox.   In their own special category.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

Dude ....

@EC

I just read another article says that Trump will De fund Obamacare.

The truth may set us free, but damned if i can tell what it is!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@EC

I just read another article says that Trump will De fund Obamacare.

The truth may set us free, but damned if i can tell what it is!

**nononono*

I don't mind him looking at all options. Getting rid of that beast of a bit of law was never going to be easy. Just wish he'd shut up until he actually decides what he wants, instead of telling different audiences different and contradictory things.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online LMAO

More bombastic nonsense from our friends across the pond. Obamacare will be repealed. All that is being discussed is whether or not some provisions of what is currently Obamacare may be folded into the new system.

This article is playing semantic games as usual to say that if any single piece of Obamacare remains, then it wasn't really fully repealed. The new healthcare system will be privatized, and totally different from Obamacare.

It is a joke. It is a click bait headline.

We will see.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Trump has the best positions because he has all of them. I say we give it a year and see what he's gotten done and then unleash the I told you so's if needed.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump has the best positions because he has all of them. I say we give it a year and see what he's gotten done and then unleash the I told you so's if needed.

Just consider this Donald Trump's Campaign Promise Rollback Special...

There will be many more.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online LMAO

If this article is correct, it may be an opening salvo to the beginning of what will be a long list of disappointments. Because if this article is accurate, the conclusion  would be that it was a good law but just needs some tweaking
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DiogenesLamp

I knew he was going to backstab us on this when he talked about "replacing" it.    Such a statement operates under the premise that Government involvement in the medical system is acceptable,   and is demonstrative of a mindset more along the lines of "It will work if *WE* do it."  than a proper hostility to the entire premise of government involvement in healthcare.   

No surprise for me.   What did you expect from a New York "Republican" ?   

Still better than Hitlery.   We dodged a bullet there. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

We'll see.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Ah! Now there's a sensible lad! 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's the Art of the Deal, he doing right now.

Making Barry feel a little relaxed.

Same thing you'd do 7 card poker when you have two aces in the hole.

PULLEEZE, GOD!!!

Come on...he would NEVER renege on repealing and getting rid of Obamacare. Period.

What I think he's going to do.....

Medicaid is now Obamacare.  Strict thresholds have to be met to get on...and every single one getting it now must prove their eligibility.

The rest of the people will have a 50 State market with dozens of choices in which to afford, old-fashioned Blue-Cross Blue Shield-type insurance.   Where you can go to any damned doctor you feel like.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

A President cannot repeal it, it takes Congress

Online LMAO

A President cannot repeal it, it takes Congress

Will he sign a repeal?

I guess we will see
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:44:05 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare

The mainstream media are reporting that President-elect Donald Trump is giving up on his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, because he said he would be willing to preserve coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing children to stay on their parents’ health insurance until age 26.
“I like those very much,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal in an interview, following his meeting Thursday with President Barack Obama.

Continued: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/11/obmacare-obama-no-donald-trump-not-abandon-promise-repeal-obamacare/

Offline roamer_1

I was thinking I had till Jan 20 to find just the right 'I told you so' gif...
Maybe not.