Author Topic: Post-election Schadenfreude thread (take delight in Clinton supporters' sadness)  (Read 14997 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Night Hides Not

Exactly! I even heard the "angry voter" crapola on CNN already.

They have no idea.   I've been seeing hints of  people wanting revolution against the existing power structure.    "Angry"  does not convey the correct level of ill feeling out there. 

Things may have broken open were it not for the pressure relief of stopping another four years of Democrat dictatorship.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

They have no idea.   I've been seeing hints of  people wanting revolution against the existing power structure.    "Angry"  does not convey the correct level of ill feeling out there. 

Things may have broken open were it not for the pressure relief of stopping another four years of Democrat dictatorship.

Yes, interesting isn't it?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Does this limit it to the Clinton supporters?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yeah, what happens to all these press-holes that have been outed as Democrat Party apparatchiks? Do they just go on operating as usual? Is there no accountability for those outed in the Wikileaks emails?

I keep making this point year after year,  but other people do not seem to grasp it's significance.   

The television propaganda system is the lynchpin of political control in this nation. Till we manage to neutralize or destroy it, we will not be able to fix the country.

We cannot continue under this system of one party control of the media,  and something *MUST*  be done to address it.   Every suggestion I have made has been shot down by people who seem to think the existing system of one party control is better.   

They are afraid "the government"   will take over the media.   

I always respond,  "You mean worse than it is now? "   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline andy58-in-nh

One of my college roommates has a son around 32 years old who is gay and a yuge Hillary supporter. In a way, I find his Facebook comments from the past few hours amusing, but they're also terribly sad. Here's a selection:It reminds me of the scenes I saw last night at Hillary's HQ, where millennials were crying or just staring vacantly into space, their eyes glazed over. Gee, we didn't know we weren't the center of the universe! It's not fair!
As Oscar Wilde once remarked: it would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

Watching all those precious little snowflakes and pajama boys with tears in their eyes last night at 2am, I was almost too tired and hung over to smile. Almost.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yes, interesting isn't it?

Are you suggesting this is by design?  By some sort of machination? 

They aren't that smart.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline thackney

Let's be honest. There is a reason Cokie has deep hatred for Flyover Country. It literally killed her father.....

Author writes about disappearance of plane carrying Hale Boggs 43 years ago over Alaska

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/author_writes_about_mysterious.html

I thought Flyover Country is the area between the East and West coasts of the contiguous US.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DiogenesLamp

Well, I am relieved if it means we can keep a reasonably constructionist SCOTUS.

I chose to believe that Trump will keep this promise... at least until he shows evidence that he isn't.   

I never have understand the logic of people that believe the justices should be free to interpret the Constitution based on their likes and dislikes, and the political winds of the day. I mean it renders the document completely meaningless. If that was the intent of the framers, why even have a constitution at all?

No argument from me.   From my perspective,   Supreme court Judges should have been impeached for making that "gay" marriage ruling.   They should have been impeached for many of their rulings over the last 60 years,  especially in the manner they have stretched the 14th amendment beyond all rationality. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As Oscar Wilde once remarked: it would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

Watching all those precious little snowflakes and pajama boys with tears in their eyes last night at 2am, I was almost too tired and hung over to smile. Almost.

I have to admit it's enjoyable to see people who buy their own bs, and think they have an entitled right to rule because of the superior morality of their ideology, have their bubble completely burst. On national TV no less.

They thought it was theirs because they willed it. They met a reality that no smart phone with a cool new app will ever fix.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Vulcan

West Seattle HS students protest Trump win by walking out

SEATTLE -- About 200 West Seattle High school students walked out of school Wednesday morning and marched through the streets in protest of the election of Donald Trump.

The[y] chanted "Save our future" and "not my president" as they marched through the streets. They also held a banner which read "Fight it."

source

Offline mountaineer

Does this limit it to the Clinton supporters?
Yes, it does.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bolobaby

@musiclady @bolobaby

Ok, I have changed the name to "Post-election Schadenfreude thread (take delight in Clinton supporters' sadness)". However,  you're still going to see the word "butthurt" all over the thread, as I can't change the topic for every reply that's already been posted.

@Scutter

You have done the right thing!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline mountaineer

Enthusiastically putting the "flake" in "snowflake."

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

Sure, but only because it's you that's asking :) What term would you recommend?

LOL!  Well, now.......... I might just recommend "schadenfreude."  Would you consider that?   :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Pull the federal funding till they return. Rinse, repeat. their 'teachers' can take the pay cut to reimburse the facility.

Offline mountaineer

Oh my gosh. Remember the gay guy I referenced above (reply #3) who was all hysterical over the Trump win? Now he's decided that the only appropriate reaction in his sorrow and anguish is to solicit photos of hot guys.
Since we live in a country that can be angry and disgusting, I want to see abs and pecs. It's my birthday. F*** it.

Post me birthday manmeat.
So his friends respond with photos of hot guys, and he asks for more. Keep in mind he's "engaged" to be "married."  But he has a yearning for Zac Efron that Hillary can't satisfy.  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wonderful thread, @Scutter.  Tuning in to MSNBC last night and watching the crying was the best part of the show.  For those who missed it, they really were bawling their eyes out.  I found the tears delicious, after the way that bunch has treated all of us for the last two years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Oh my gosh. Remember the gay guy I referenced above (reply #3) who was all hysterical over the Trump win? Now he's decided that the only appropriate reaction in his sorrow and anguish is to solicit photos of hot guys.So his friends respond with photos of hot guys, and he asks for more. Keep in mind he's "engaged" to be "married."  But he has a yearning for Zac Efron that Hillary can't satisfy.  :shrug:

There's a whole sordid world out there that we wouldn't know existed if it weren't for social media.

Sick.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE COLLEGE FIX

URL: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29856/

The Cornell Daily Sun reports that students hosted a “Cry In” on the quad Wednesday in the wake of the presidential election results.

“I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one student told the campus newspaper as she took part in the event. “It’s saying that people are really given into fear-mongering. They are willing to put people down based on their identity just so that they would feel vindicated that they would be getting rid of ‘Crooked Hillary.'”

Another participant told the Sun many are in “shock” as she sipped on a Starbucks coffee cup, sitting cross-legged in the institution’s Ho Plaza.

“I am concerned how this is validating the behavior of a lot of people,” she said.

As the event took place, students — roughly 20 or so, according to the Sun’s video — wrote their reactions and emotions on poster boards with colored markers, or with chalk on the ground. A chilly day on the Ithaca campus, at one point the demonstrators huddled together as what appeared to be a barista brought them warm drinks.

Several adults, most likely professors, stood around the group. The event appeared to take on the atmosphere of a funeral wake.

“I’d say the results are heartbreaking and such a slap in the face to so many of the populations that make up America,” an older lady who appeared to be a professor told The Sun. “I think it’s also an indication that there and many many people who are suffering and feel that haven’t been heard and they believe that Trump will answer their needs.”

On election night, Cornell students had reacted with shock and “horror” to the results.

“How the f*** is he winning? What the f***?” said a student as Trump took the state of Ohio. Many students also said they felt genuine emotional distress “knowing that something like this could happen,” the Sun reports.

Offline mountaineer

There's a whole sordid world out there that we wouldn't know existed if it weren't for social media.

Sick.....
What saddens me is his mother was my roommate in college, his father is a pastor and this boy graduated from a "Christian" (nominally, anyway) college. They seem rather accepting of him and his "fiance," but sometimes I wonder. Who wants to see her son on Facebook using that kind of language and leering at half-naked men? Yuck.

Offline dfwgator

Offline mountaineer

A chilly day on the Ithaca campus, at one point the demonstrators huddled together as what appeared to be a barista brought them warm drinks.
Nothing says "principled protesters" like a barista and warm drinks on a chilly day.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yeah, what happens to all these press-holes that have been outed as Democrat Party apparatchiks? Do they just go on operating as usual? Is there no accountability for those outed in the Wikileaks emails?

It's a closed loop. Think of it like this. Do you care what an ant thinks of your posting?

Likewise, the media does not care what you think of their handling of 'information'. They have a plan and you are there to fund it. No more.

Offline musiclady

What saddens me is his mother was my roommate in college, his father is a pastor and this boy graduated from a "Christian" (nominally, anyway) college. They seem rather accepting of him and his "fiance," but sometimes I wonder. Who wants to see her son on Facebook using that kind of language and leering at half-naked men? Yuck.

My guess is that they are heartsick.   They may have been convinced by social pressures to accept their son as "normal,"  but they probably know better.

Their role is to love him unconditionally, but not accept that kind of behavior.

That's a hard balance to achieve.