Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15597 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2016, 01:42:21 pm »
Nothing says 'gracious' quite like "We won. Nothing else matters today".

Helps to read the whole post and put it in context rather then manufacture a reason to snark. But then, we extended the hand, you slapped it way, so on your head be it.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2016, 01:46:35 pm »
Make sure you take a hard look in the mirror at your own actions and words as well. As well as those of your fellow Trumpkins.

There's blame on both sides.

Your "win" is a phyrric victory.

Nope. You own post proves the point. Once again an emotional personal attack. Never Trump spewed emotional bile at everyone then whined in horror that they got shot back at in the same tone. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT, don't blame everyone else for responding in kind to your tactics of choice.

Never Trumpers electing Hillary Clinton out of spite their candidate lost the primary would of been the Pyrrhic victory for Conservatives. The SC Justice Hillary would of appointed alone would of been a bad enough But I see you would rather ride you angst down in flames then move on. So be it.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2016, 01:56:04 pm »
I'm saddened in the heart by all the snowflakes protesting and whining about the outcome. It's almost a week now. Get over it. Stop rioting and think of how to make your thanksgiving dinner and those who may not be able to put food on their tables for Thanksgiving or Christmas/ Hanukkah. Take that energy and volunteer at a food bank, or a battered women's shelter or a homeless shelter or an animal adoption place. Donate a toy to Toys for Tots. Read a book to a terminally ill child in a hospital. Stop complaining.   

I was talking to my mom. Her first election she voted for Adlai Stevenson over Eisenhower. Naturally, since it was her first election she was bummed. But you know what?

She said "darn"' and continued on, showed respect for Ike because he was her president. She dealt with it because you RESPECTED your president back then.

I just say, we have to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, whether we voted for him or not. At least, as someone pointed out, for the first 100 days. 

This is still the greatest country on Earth. I believe it has the greatest people in it, if only they would open their eyes, and see it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2016, 02:28:09 pm »

Nope. You own post proves the point. Once again an emotional personal attack. Never Trump spewed emotional bile at everyone then whined in horror that they got shot back at in the same tone. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT, don't blame everyone else for responding in kind to your tactics of choice.

And from a so-called 'Moderator' no less........ :whistle:

The use of disparaging remarks such as "Trumpkin" at this point in time is nothing short of inciting.

Clean up your act, @txradioguy

@mystery-ak
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:28:53 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2016, 02:38:25 pm »
 I am betting that the first fight Trump is going to have with conservatives in Congress is going to be over his first budget proposal. His first budget proposal will probably look a lot like Barack Obamas last.

Trade deals and tariffs are going to be another fight
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:38:57 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2016, 02:40:08 pm »
I'm saddened in the heart by all the snowflakes protesting and whining about the outcome. It's almost a week now. Get over it. Stop rioting and think of how to make your thanksgiving dinner and those who may not be able to put food on their tables for Thanksgiving or Christmas/ Hanukkah. Take that energy and volunteer at a food bank, or a battered women's shelter or a homeless shelter or an animal adoption place. Donate a toy to Toys for Tots. Read a book to a terminally ill child in a hospital. Stop complaining.   

I was talking to my mom. Her first election she voted for Adlai Stevenson over Eisenhower. Naturally, since it was her first election she was bummed. But you know what?

She said "darn"' and continued on, showed respect for Ike because he was her president. She dealt with it because you RESPECTED your president back then.

I just say, we have to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, whether we voted for him or not. At least, as someone pointed out, for the first 100 days. 

This is still the greatest country on Earth. I believe it has the greatest people in it, if only they would open their eyes, and see it.

These are people that have been told all their life that there are no winners and losers. So that they grow up to be professional rioters as adults is a fitting end to the way they were raised during childhood
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:40:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »
I am betting that the first fight Trump is going to have with conservatives in Congress is going to be over his first budget proposal. His first budget proposal will probably look a lot like Barack Obamas last.

Trade deals and tariffs are going to be another fight

Whatever fights Trump has with conservatives, I think he'll win. McConnell and Ryan will do everything they can to stick their thumbs in the eyes of the Freedom Caucus. Trump will be able to cobble a deal together for Schumer and Pelosi to go along with.

Freedom Caucus is a small minority in Congress, the UniParty is still firmly in control.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:29 pm »
These are people that have been told all their life that there are no winners and losers. So that they grow up to be professional rioters as adults is a fitting end to the way they were raised during childhood

I told my 3 kids over the weekend that I'm proud of them, as none of them will ever need a "safe space."

Our grandson is off to a good start, too. Two years ago, he played T-ball, just before his 4th birthday. After the last game, all the kids were given their participation trophies. When he got his, my grandson looked at it sourly and remarked, "what's this for? We didn't win anything!"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »

@GAJohnnie, you attribute far more emotion to political campaigns than most of us.  Let's keep this in perspective, okay?  We had an election.  No one's family member died.

I've been resigned to the outcome since Cruz dropped out in May.  I hate to break your heart, but on Wednesday morning when we found out who won, my husband and I were like, "Looks like it's Trump", and we had our coffee, he went to work, and I went about my day.  I'm sorry, because I kind of think you want to believe otherwise, but there was no freaking out, no "grief, anger and denial" (good Lord). 

You mention the desirability of being gracious winners.  On Wednesday morning I signed on here and pinged a number of Trump supporters.  I posted that I was wrong about Trump's chances, and they were right, and I offered my congratulations.  I told them that I intended to give Trump a chance.

Two of them were gracious enough to respond.

Johnny has been falsely attributing anger and hatred to us since he fell in love with Trump and started protecting his beloved by swinging clubs at everyone who dared oppose him.

Your Wednesday was the same as ours.  Neither my husband nor I voted for Trump, but both of us were thrilled that Hillary lost, and we went on with our days.

All this crazy emotion is coming from liberals.............. the ones in both parties, either Hillary supporters, or Trump supporters.

The rest of us are doing just fine.    :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2016, 02:56:12 pm »
Alot of good literature  out there for Trump to read and I hope he does.

May I recommend any books by Milton Friedman, Barry Goldwater, certain websites like Mises Institute, maybe some works by Murry Rothbard?

Too bad Trump has admitted he doesn't read.

That, of course, is why at 70, he remains ignorant.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »
Johnny has been falsely attributing anger and hatred to us since he fell in love with Trump and started protecting his beloved by swinging clubs at everyone who dared oppose him.

Your Wednesday was the same as ours.  Neither my husband nor I voted for Trump, but both of us were thrilled that Hillary lost, and we went on with our days.

All this crazy emotion is coming from liberals.............. the ones in both parties, either Hillary supporters, or Trump supporters.

None of our family, including my two adult children, voted for Trump. Like you, we're thrilled that Hillary has been kicked to the curb in a lawful vote.

We're willing to give Trump the opportunity to govern, but installing Priebus as his Chief of Staff smacks of payback for the pro-Trump rules installed at the convention. You don't get much more UniParty Rino than Priebus.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »
Very well, it seems the #Never Trumpers would rather be sore losers and continue their personal attack, emotion based posting tactics.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2016, 03:02:34 pm »

@LMAO

To add to your list, I'd like to suggest Atlas Shrugged, Once an Eagle, and the Federalist Papers. I'd be thrilled if it was just the Cliffs Notes versions. After all, we're talking 3000 pages, more than the text of the ACA.   :pondering:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2016, 03:04:06 pm »
None of our family, including my two adult children, voted for Trump.

May I ask, generally, why not?  If that was a political judgment, was it because you'd thought he'd govern as a typical RINO -- Jeb Bush, etc..  Or was it because you thought he might actually be much worse, and indistinguishable from a Hillary Clinton, appointing activist leftist judges, etc..?

Because Priebus is the kind of CoS who may very well have been appointed by Bush, or Rubio, or Walker, or any of the rest of them -- except perhaps Cruz.  While that is not consistent with someone being a radical reformer from the outside, it also isn't consistent with someone being indistinguishable from Hillary Clinton.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:04:46 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »

Evidence suggests that Trump is smarter than the average #nevertrump, whether he chooses to read or not.  :laugh:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »
@LMAO

To add to your list, I'd like to suggest Atlas Shrugged, Once an Eagle, and the Federalist Papers. I'd be thrilled if it was just the Cliffs Notes versions. After all, we're talking 3000 pages, more than the text of the ACA.   :pondering:

I read all of Atlas Shrugged on a nonstop flight to Hawaii once. Ayn Rand was a genius in her own way but also off the rocker a little bit
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:07:24 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »
Evidence suggests that Trump is smarter than the average #nevertrump, whether he chooses to read or not.  :laugh:

If I could turn $1 Million into $10 Billion......I wouldn't 'read' either.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2016, 03:17:26 pm »
I read all of Atlas Shrugged on a nonstop flight to Hawaii once. Ayn Rand was a genius in her own way but also off the rocker a little bit

1100 pages in 6 hours? You're a faster reader than me.

She packed so much into that novel, I never failed to notice something new in subsequent readings of AS.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »
I told my 3 kids over the weekend that I'm proud of them, as none of them will ever need a "safe space."

Our grandson is off to a good start, too. Two years ago, he played T-ball, just before his 4th birthday. After the last game, all the kids were given their participation trophies. When he got his, my grandson looked at it sourly and remarked, "what's this for? We didn't win anything!"

Hurray for your grandson, it sounds like he had great parents as well as wonderful grandparents.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2016, 03:27:40 pm »

@Freya

:tongue2:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2016, 03:28:29 pm »

I'm a speed reader too, I've read Atlas Shugged, The Fountainhead, War and Peace, Anna Karenina, Moby Dick, etc all in one sitting too.

I love reading.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2016, 03:29:22 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »

@musiclady
@GAJohnnie

He's still doing it.  Take a look at post #61, lol.

I think he's crushingly disappointed that we aren't reacting the way he'd hoped, so his plan is to write his own election 2016 fanfic, lol.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2016, 03:49:17 pm »
CatherineofAragon

Don't blame the Trump people that the #Never Trumpers decided to cling to their tactics of the bile lace tirade and the infantile insult. The hand was extended, you all decided to slap it away out of petulance.

So be it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2016, 03:52:27 pm »

@musiclady
@GAJohnnie

He's still doing it.  Take a look at post #61, lol.

I think he's crushingly disappointed that we aren't reacting the way he'd hoped, so his plan is to write his own election 2016 fanfic, lol.

Apparently so.  Just can't get off that "hate" thingy.

Looks like he still deserves the "One note Johnnie" appellation I gave him long before the election.

He's stuck on "hate."  Imaginary, though it be.....

I'm still doing just fine, btw.  No hate.  No anger.  Glad you are too @CatherineofAragon

btw, I won't be reading his fanfic book.   ^-^