Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15719 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

What kind of music?

I'm kinda partial to 200 piece orchestras going full tilt with a 120 member choir.

or an evening with Stevie Nicks (whom we saw in concert last week) or Fleetwood Mac.

Still a big fan of ELO.  Not too big into country however, even though I am in the mid-South.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2016, 07:32:25 pm »

Works for me.  Besides, the way I figure it, my anonymous posting doesn't amount to a pinch of rabbit droppings anyway.  I don't make things personal.  That ended long, long ago on these internet byways.  If a guy named Lando calls a guy named Banana Peel a jerk, it means what, exactly?

And I will always pray for any incoming US President, regardless of my personal opinion of the person or his/her politics.  If they are my guy, I pray I am right.  If they are not, I pray I am wrong.  Its the best I've got.  From that point, I may applaud or criticize the decisions made - that's it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:36:14 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LMAO

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2016, 07:39:29 pm »
  If a guy named Lando calls a guy named Banana Peel a jerk, it means what, exactly?

It means Banana Peel gets to put you on "ignore" :laugh:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

Still a big fan of ELO.  Not too big into country however, even though I am in the mid-South.

ELO "Time" is probably one of the most criminally underrated albums of all time.

Silver Pines

« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:41 pm »
Stay away from HBO's Westworld!   :silly:

At least Trump's been stepping away from the role of Negan (Walking Dead).

@Night Hides Not
@Cripplecreek

I hate that guy so much he's making it hard for me to watch TWD.  Not only for what he did, but because he's so incredibly irritating.  Everytime he goes into a monologue--which is about every three seconds---he twirls Lucille and leans backward into that weird, head-wagging....dance?  His people stole a lot of medication last night so I hope he gets some help with his tic.

Silver Pines

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »
The Art of the Deal is one of my favorites...:laugh:

Lol, I don't doubt it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »
What kind of music?

I'm kinda partial to 200 piece orchestras going full tilt with a 120 member choir.

or an evening with Stevie Nicks (whom we saw in concert last week) or Fleetwood Mac.

I can listen to virtually everything, though my Ipod is definitely 70s rock centric. Still, one of my favorite concerts was seeing Spyrogyra live. When my 6 YO grandson's in the car, we turn on his favorite station, "The Highway", Sirius #56. The kid knows the words to 90% of the songs, he's a hoot! Especially when he joins in on songs that involve, beer, whiskey, and cheating women.   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »
@Night Hides Not
@Cripplecreek

I hate that guy so much he's making it hard for me to watch TWD.  Not only for what he did, but because he's so incredibly irritating.  Everytime he goes into a monologue--which is about every three seconds---he twirls Lucille and leans backward into that weird, head-wagging....dance?  His people stole a lot of medication last night so I hope he gets some help with his tic.

The rest of my HH is crazy about TWD. I've watched a few episodes, but the opening episode for Season 7 was way too violent for me. I say that as a Sons of Anarchy viewer from Episode 1. I've never been into zombie shows anyway.

Westworld I can take or leave, too.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2016, 08:04:30 pm »
ELO "Time" is probably one of the most criminally underrated albums of all time.

Absolutely, though personally, I'm big on Out Of The Blue - mainly because I saw that concert way back when and was blown away by the spectacle and Jeff Lynne's vocals.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2016, 08:08:08 pm »
The rest of my HH is crazy about TWD. I've watched a few episodes, but the opening episode for Season 7 was way too violent for me. I say that as a Sons of Anarchy viewer from Episode 1. I've never been into zombie shows anyway.

Westworld I can take or leave, too.

@Night Hides Not

We've watched a couple of Westworld episodes, but it didn't grab us.

We've watched TWD since the start.  The season opener was indeed very brutal, but I was more upset over losing those two characters.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2016, 08:10:48 pm »
Absolutely, though personally, I'm big on Out Of The Blue - mainly because I saw that concert way back when and was blown away by the spectacle and Jeff Lynne's vocals.

OOTB is probably the better piece of music overall but I just love the story of Time. Plus, Yours Truly 2095 is in my top 10 all time favorites.

For those poor souls that never had the pleasure of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb5TV7JUvzo

Offline musiclady

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2016, 08:25:52 pm »
Works for me.  Besides, the way I figure it, my anonymous posting doesn't amount to a pinch of rabbit droppings anyway.  I don't make things personal.  That ended long, long ago on these internet byways.  If a guy named Lando calls a guy named Banana Peel a jerk, it means what, exactly?

And I will always pray for any incoming US President, regardless of my personal opinion of the person or his/her politics.  If they are my guy, I pray I am right.  If they are not, I pray I am wrong.  Its the best I've got.  From that point, I may applaud or criticize the decisions made - that's it.

Good policy.

It's easy to get too personal with people who don't know you from Adam, and be offended by the ignorant things they say because they don't know you from Adam.

I'm getting better at that than I used to be, thanks to calming influences like @Lando Lincoln   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
@Night Hides Not
@Cripplecreek

Negan isn't a believable character. Someone would say "screw this crap" and kill Negan.

Silver Pines

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
Negan isn't a believable character. Someone would say "screw this crap" and kill Negan.

I agree.  Like the guy said last week, there are so many of us and one of him--why are we taking this crap?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2016, 09:03:12 pm »

I agree.  Like the guy said last week, there are so many of us and one of him--why are we taking this crap?

I feel the same way about a few of the most ardent Trump supporters... 

Off, OFF Damned Sarcasm!!!    :nometalk:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

I always know Pooh was a potential communist...

:smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2016, 09:14:11 pm »

That's what I kept urging Rick to do last night every time he had the bat.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2016, 09:30:47 pm »
That's what I kept urging Rick to do last night every time he had the bat.

I suspect most of Negan's people would be OK with it.

I saw a show with interviews with men who had guarded Stalin. They said that they weren't afraid of Stalin and generally said he was a coward and a tiny mouse of a man who feared his own shadow. They said Stalin held power by keeping those around him in conflict and afraid of each other.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2016, 09:43:12 pm »
I suspect most of Negan's people would be OK with it.

I saw a show with interviews with men who had guarded Stalin. They said that they weren't afraid of Stalin and generally said he was a coward and a tiny mouse of a man who feared his own shadow. They said Stalin held power by keeping those around him in conflict and afraid of each other.

For pretty good reason.  Doesn't matter to me if I get killed at the order of the Premier or some Eleventy-Star General.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2016, 09:43:21 pm »
You #Never Trumpers decided you ego was more important then moving forward. Childish for you to object when people return your fire back at you. There is a wide moral difference between being the aggressors (i.e. Never Trumpers) and the defenders. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2016, 09:47:26 pm »
I voted for Johnson.

According to the Trumpies, Hillary should have been elected because of that.

Wha happen?
Countdown to Resignation

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »
You #Never Trumpers decided you ego was more important then moving forward. Childish for you to object when people return your fire back at you. There is a wide moral difference between being the aggressors (i.e. Never Trumpers) and the defenders.

So, to be clear, NeverTrumpers are 100% aggressors, and Trump supporters never, ever attacked NeverTrumpers, except as self-defense?  Is that your final position?  I want to make sure so I get the date written down correctly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:07 pm »
So, to be clear, NeverTrumpers are 100% aggressors, and Trump supporters never, ever attacked NeverTrumpers, except as self-defense?  Is that your final position?  I want to make sure so I get the date written down correctly.

Oh don't worry about him. He's just rubbing Trumps call for unity in Trump's face. He's got a mad on that no one from the Trump Transition team sent out dogs to hunt us down and he lacked the courage to do it himself.

geronl

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2016, 09:52:27 pm »

It's the other way around, the vile and vulgar Trumpturds went on the offense first. They never stopped either. Trumpturds shouldn't talk about moral stuff while defending and doing fellatio on a scumbag like Trump
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:53:11 pm by geronl »