Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15772 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:48 pm »
I would never ask anyone here to agree with one another..but I will ask everyone to just try to get along..put away all the vitriol I see posted.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2016, 09:58:56 pm »
You #Never Trumpers decided you ego was more important then moving forward. Childish for you to object when people return your fire back at you. There is a wide moral difference between being the aggressors (i.e. Never Trumpers) and the defenders.

Buddy.....

Everything that needs to be said has been said, thousands of times over the past eighteen months.

At this point, you aren't going to make any lights go off in somebody's head with, "Gee....I hadn't thought of that!"

Just smile, @GAJohnnie ......and know that we picked the horse that won the race that saved the Republic.....if only for 4 years.

To me...it was like it's always been on the political forums...like watching a big game on TV in a room with all your frat/sorority brothers and sisters....razzing one another.

It's been like that for me, with their 'leader', my friend @sinkspur ....as well as that night when they all jumped down my throat when what I said was construed as calling for censorship here.      Me.....calling for censorhip?   LOL!

And BTW....sink and I are still good with each other.

As a founding member (not that I expect that to hold sway), I 'demanded' that "this shit" had better stop once the Convention was over and Trump as nominated....

We all know how that worked out.....in less that 5 seconds, some of my best friends in here knocked the snot out of me.

Then....I said, "Surely after the election, we can all come together".

Uh-huh.........meh!

Is this the 'new and improved' version of TBR, going forward?

Where anybody tripping on us notices it is a site weighed heavily against our President?   A GOP President?

That's the beginning and end of where I was coming from.

I am truly sorry if that didn't always come thru in my posts.   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:01:59 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »

I had long suspected that Pooh and Piglet were both liberals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2016, 10:01:38 pm »
Never been able to get into audiobooks. No idea why, I love to read and they'd be a blessing on long trips, but just can't handle them.  :shrug:

I love audible.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
Buddy.....

Everything that needs to be said has been said, thousands of times over the past eighteen months.

At this point, you aren't going to make any lights go off in somebody's head with, "Gee....I hadn't thought of that!"

Just smile, @GAJohnnie ......and know that we picked the horse that won the race that saved the Republic.....if only for 4 years.

To me...it was like it's always been on the political forums...like watching a big game on TV in a room with all your frat/sorority brothers and sisters....razzing one another.

It's been like that we their 'leader', my friend @sinkspur ....as well as that night when they all jumped down my throat when what I said was construed as calling for censorship here.      Me.....calling for censorhip?   LOL!

As a founding member (not that I expect that to hold sway), I 'demanded' that "this shit" had better stop once the Convention was over and Trump as nominated....

We all know how that worked out.....in less that 5 seconds, some of my best friends in here knocked the snot out of me.

Then....I said, "Surely after the election, we can all come together".

Uh-huh.........meh!

Where anybody tripping on us notices it is a site weighed heavily against our President?   A GOP President?

That's the beginning and end of where I was coming from.

I am truly sorry if that didn't always come thru in my posts.

Do you believe Nancy has decided to throw away everything she worked for in order to take sides in an internecine conflict between Republicans? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
Sorry.   He's not my president.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »
Do you believe Nancy has decided to throw away everything she worked for in order to take sides in an internecine conflict between Republicans?

Of course not!    Please point out where I said that...or even inferred that.

Thanks in advance.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:12 pm »
Of course not!    Please point out where I said that...or even inferred that.

Thanks in advance.

Just this.  Others may interpret it differently.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2016, 10:24:17 pm »
Just this.  Others may interpret it differently.

Nope....Nancy never came to my mind while writing that.

I was thinking how we used to disagree without personal rancor...how we didn't even NEED moderators.

Not a site, where the majority of members sit and watch for any opportunity to pounce upon or flame anything positive in all matters regarding "TRUMP"!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2016, 10:32:47 pm »

I was thinking how we used to disagree without personal rancor...how we didn't even NEED moderators.

Not a site, where the majority of members sit and watch for any opportunity to pounce upon or flame anything positive in all matters regarding "TRUMP"!

I would put forward the opinion that this site was never as idyllic as you present it to be.

I took some pretty good beatings here LONG before Trump came around.  Mostly from people who share your feelings about us lowly "SOCONS."  (We were a clear minority here a while back).

You probably don't remember that, do you?

@DCPatriot
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:27:35 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2016, 10:38:43 pm »
You #Never Trumpers decided you ego was more important then moving forward. Childish for you to object when people return your fire back at you. There is a wide moral difference between being the aggressors (i.e. Never Trumpers) and the defenders.
The only aggressors I see here are Trumpsters who are bitterly disappointed that we ARE moving on, and not having a meltdown like the pro-Hitlery people.

You just never wrapped your head around the fact that we didn't want her either.

I, for one will remain steadfast to my principles, and win or lose, he still falls short.

Despite that, I'm willing to measure him by HIS OWN yardstick, his promises.
Handle it there, peaches.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2016, 10:40:43 pm »
I'm willing to measure him by HIS OWN yardstick, his promises.

His ardent fans think that's just hateful too.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »
His ardent fans think that's just hateful too.

They don't have a choice in the matter. They can think what they like. Won't stop reality.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
I would never ask anyone here to agree with one another..but I will ask everyone to just try to get along..put away all the vitriol I see posted.

@Freya

Me thinks this thread needs a good hijacking and to become an undead thread of nothing but kitteh gifs.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2016, 10:56:08 pm »

I assume you blame the Never Trumpers for that.  No wonder I see demands from Trump supporters every day to ban all the Nevers.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:33 pm »
@Freya

Me thinks this thread needs a good hijacking and to become an undead thread of nothing but kitteh gifs.

Careful. Keep your eyes open. Someone might grab those little...kittehs :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »

@GAJohnnie

A couple of things:

You don't control the votes of others, no matter how badly it sticks in you, so I suggest you accustom yourself to that fact.

Also, TRUMP WON.  HE. WON.  He's the president-elect of the United States.  So why are you still so miserable and bitter?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:55:14 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2016, 12:04:20 am »
They don't have a choice in the matter. They can think what they like. Won't stop reality.

Shhhh...we aren't supposed to hold is feet to the fire like we've done with all the other Presidents.   :nometalk:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2016, 12:05:58 am »
@Freya

I like pie.

:laugh:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2016, 12:08:35 am »
Shhhh...we aren't supposed to hold is feet to the fire like we've done with all the other Presidents.   :nometalk:
I didn't vote for Carter, Clinton (either one), or Obama, but that didn't stop me from raising hell about them. I am not about to shut up now.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2016, 12:10:04 am »
I didn't vote for Carter, Clinton (either one), or Obama, but that didn't stop me from raising hell about them. I am not about to shut up now.

Nor should you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2016, 12:14:52 am »
Nor should you.

The snowflakes were not entitled to demand where out vote went and they are likewise not entitled to dictate our silence or lack thereof. If that makes them haZ a sadZ I really don't feel bad about it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2016, 12:17:12 am »
The only aggressors I see here are Trumpsters who are bitterly disappointed that we ARE moving on, and not having a meltdown like the pro-Hitlery people.

You just never wrapped your head around the fact that we didn't want her either.

I, for one will remain steadfast to my principles, and win or lose, he still falls short.

Despite that, I'm willing to measure him by HIS OWN yardstick, his promises.
Handle it there, peaches.

Well said.  I agree 100%.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2016, 12:18:13 am »
I like pie.

:laugh:
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679...?

(pi)r2?

Uncle Jed, that math teacher had it all wrong. Pie aren't square, pie are round!

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2016, 12:18:51 am »
@GAJohnnie

Also, TRUMP WON.  HE. WON.  He's the president-elect of the United States.  So why are you still so miserable and bitter?

Because that's what Democrats do.