Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15598 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Be gracious winners
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:09 pm »
As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters, I suggest we all be very gracious winners. The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

We won. Nothing else matters today.

Offline Longmire

Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »
Lots of skeptics came home for Donald Trump on election day.

Biggest surprise of the night for me was the win in Pennsylvania.

:beer:

Funniest meme I've seen since election night...

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »
Dems lost PA-MI-WI-ME 2, almost lost MN and Feingold LOST in WI. I think one of the overlooked things in this election is Guns have become the third rail of US Politics. Hillary and Feingold talking about EOs on guns changed a whole lot of votes in traditional Democrat strongholds that have a large blue collar hunter population.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 07:13:07 pm »
As a former NeverTrumper, I would suggest that you be careful and not be like Obama (be in your face about winning). He didn't win the majority of the popular vote.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:18:23 am »

TOMI LAHREN Has Special Message For Celebrities Who Said They’d Move To Canada If Trump Won [VIDEO]

Tomi Lahren has a great way of putting things into the proper perspective. Tomi’s new comments on Trump winning the Presidency are no exception

http://100percentfedup.com/tomi-lahren-special-message-celebrities-said-theyd-move-canada-trump-won-video/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »
Lots of skeptics came home for Donald Trump on election day.

Biggest surprise of the night for me was the win in Pennsylvania.

:beer:

Funniest meme I've seen since election night...

:thumbsup3:

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 12:46:14 pm »
As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters, I suggest we all be very gracious winners. The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

Agree ... but there's nothing wrong with a little dancing ....  ^-^

geronl

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 01:06:27 pm »
Trumpers won't be graceful.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 01:09:40 pm »

Come on @geronl, give peace a chance.   :beer:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:09 pm »

YOUR RIGHT been taking the LIBS crap for 8 years. WE WON they LOST. Elections have their consequences and the Libs, Nevertrump crowd, RINOGOPe  can come along for the ride BUT have to sit in they back of the BUS. Sound familiar???? :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »
YOUR RIGHT been taking the LIBS crap for 8 years. WE WON they LOST. Elections have their consequences and the Libs, Nevertrump crowd, RINOGOPe  can come along for the ride BUT have to sit in they back of the BUS. Sound familiar???? :silly:

Thanks for making Geronl's point.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 11:13:54 pm »
As a former NeverTrumper, I would suggest that you be careful and not be like Obama (be in your face about winning). He didn't win the majority of the popular vote.

His plan wasn't to win the majority....his plan was to win! Anyway how many illegal votes did she get? Cali alone they figure she got 13% of illegals.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 03:32:15 am »

I don't think you quite understood most of #nevertrumpers.... Most of us were foremost #NeverEverEverHillary people. I for one was happy Trump won over the witch. I just don't expect Trump to be the conservative some claimed he would be. I still hold that he has major character flaws that prevented me from voting for him.

Also when you say "As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters" and "The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial". That is doing the exact opposite of what you claim to be as your objective... (ie. Being gracious about Trump winning)..

IOWs... you speak doublespeak and it really isn't that veiled. I fully understand "gracious" isn't easy for many war torn Don fans here, but remember it wasn't personally easy being a diehard conservative that clung to conservative social values either (especially at TOS).

Personally it wasn't fun being nevertrump, to see most your FB friends on the Trump train and not seeing what you saw (or not caring). It wasn't easy taking the road less traveled and being ostracized and called names for it. My old home at FR called me out vulgarly and put me on a list like I was some sort of person that marched in Hillary's army.

Understand most of us are political creatures, we frequent forums like TBR because we love the fight, the system, and freedom. It is worth the fight, it is worth being the leper if you think you are standing the position God wants you to stand. Thankfully of course, this is still America and most of us didn't have to go the extreme some have had to in other countries and times. We were not beheaded for our stances and being tormented was more mental that actual torment as some have suffered.

One of the things we found was being silenced (by TOS) was form of punishment but thankfully TBR was welcoming with open arms. The openness benefited both of us, it allowed some of us nevertrumpers to have camaraderie and to give the forum a lively debate presence which attracted quite a great gain in traffic. I understand with great traffic comes some complicated problems that the staff had to deal with, but hopefully it was a problem that they were feeling up to task for.

All in all, this election was rough on all of us in some way. We got through it. Unfortunately to some, I personally will still be a pill when I think Trump deserves some criticism. Face it, we all don't know what this fellow will do, I don't think Trump knows what he will do. He has a pattern of blowing like the wind on issues. I have a true North Star in Jesus, and that is where I will set my standards. Same as I did with every other republican elect, I will do my best to keep looking for the good and bad, and calling each as I am given wisdom to discern them. 

Note to self. Jesus North Star reference would of been better tied to the Eastern Star, but that sounds cultish. Would have to remove that whole reference... too lazy to do that, so leaving it like it is. Now I wonder if there is a stationary Eastern Star? Not sure...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:09:55 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 04:12:47 am »
I don't think you quite understood most of #nevertrumpers.... Most of us were foremost #NeverEverEverHillary people.

Personally, @Sighlass. this would have been easier to believe had most of the NTs joined forces with the Republican nominee to defeat her.

That most did not was the sticking point for me.  It was impossible for me to reconcile diluting Trump/Pence's vote totals with a vote for a third party candidate with zero chance of victory.  Had democrat and independent voters not stepped up and filled the NT voter void in sufficient enough numbers, we would be facing the consequences of a President Hillary Clinton.  We owe them a heartfelt "thank you!".

I welcome your willingness to see what I've always seen --- the good in the man as well as his vision and policies.   

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 04:14:12 am »
His plan wasn't to win the majority....his plan was to win! Anyway how many illegal votes did she get? Cali alone they figure she got 13% of illegals.

Don't forget the votes from the dead .... @flowers  :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 04:19:28 am »

It's time to stand down @sinkspur   The battle is won.  It is over.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:34:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline raml

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 06:58:42 am »
 Right_in_Virginia I also have read that they don't count all absentee votes if he or she won big in a state and the numbers left to count aren't enough to change the outcome. The absentee were said to be more for Trump all across the nation so the article said Trump would be a favorite to have won the popular vote if it was important to know it but it wasn't. He has 306 in the electoral vote that is what counts. They said it is stupid for the media to keep saying she won the popular vote no one really knows that. All that counts is he won in each state that is the way are republic does elections since if we didn't 3 high population states would be the only ones electing any president. I am thrilled with the outcome and no I will keep from gloating here Now on facebook it is hard sometimes I have had a few posts come through with really nasty comments I guess you would call them bad losers not as bad as the rioters but none the less they really should keep their mouths shut the election is over.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 07:07:51 am »

Understand most of us are political creatures, we frequent forums like TBR because we love the fight, the system, and freedom. It is worth the fight, it is worth being the leper if you think you are standing the position God wants you to stand. Thankfully of course, this is still America and most of us didn't have to go the extreme some have had to in other countries and times. We were not beheaded for our stances and being tormented was more mental that actual torment as some have suffered.

Not yet.

But reading some of the 'graciousness' from Trumpsters - especially on FB and other fora out there - they want their many pounds of flesh and blood, FROM NeverTrumpers for starters.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 07:15:17 am »
Personally, this would have been easier to believe had most of the NTs joined forces with the Republican nominee to defeat her.

The Principled are Conservatives before party, and for some of us, we dumped your party completely after the 2014 mid-terms.

We will never 'join forces' with you again to support one liberal over another liberal that you pretend is a Conservative simply because they are running with an 'R' after their name when their fruits are anything but what you claim.

It was impossible for me to reconcile diluting Trump/Pence's vote totals with a vote for a third party candidate with zero chance of victory. 

You people made it obvious long ago - you were not interested in reconciliation, just punishment.  I read that continued call daily since the election.

We accept the permanent division you made because we refused to support your prince.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 07:20:16 am »
I guess you would call them bad losers not as bad as the rioters but none the less they really should keep their mouths shut the election is over.

I find that statement revealing.

We were told to keep our mouths shut about Trump during the primary.  We were told to keep our mouths shut after the convention.

Now we are being told to keep our mouths shut after the election.

Next we will be told to keep our mouths shut after the inauguration.

And then we will be told to keep our mouths shut anytime Trump demonstrates his liberalism and trounces both the Constitution and Conservatism.

So much for liberty and freedom of speech in the minds and hearts of those who are 'gracious' winners.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 01:11:59 pm »
He didn't win the majority of the popular vote.

Its a meaningless statistic but perhaps you should wait until they finish counting the votes before making such a statement.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »
I find that statement revealing.

We were told to keep our mouths shut about Trump during the primary.  We were told to keep our mouths shut after the convention.

Now we are being told to keep our mouths shut after the election.

Next we will be told to keep our mouths shut after the inauguration.

And then we will be told to keep our mouths shut anytime Trump demonstrates his liberalism and trounces both the Constitution and Conservatism.

So much for liberty and freedom of speech in the minds and hearts of those who are 'gracious' winners.

Just one question, @INVAR

Have you completed the moat yet?       :shrug:

http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/alligators/alligator-for-sale.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 03:28:18 pm »
Not yet.

But reading some of the 'graciousness' from Trumpsters - especially on FB and other fora out there - they want their many pounds of flesh and blood, FROM NeverTrumpers for starters.

This isn't facebook @INVAR --- please, stop dragging crap from other forums to this one and holding Briefers responsible.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »
The Principled are Conservatives before party, and for some of us, we dumped your party completely after the 2014 mid-terms.

We will never 'join forces' with you again to support one liberal over another liberal that you pretend is a Conservative simply because they are running with an 'R' after their name when their fruits are anything but what you claim.

You people made it obvious long ago - you were not interested in reconciliation, just punishment.  I read that continued call daily since the election.  We accept the permanent division you made because we refused to support your prince.

Do you ever read what you write or is all just a peek into your stream of consciousness?  You just said you dumped the GOP after the mid-terms and will ever "join forces" with us again.  That's your choice  ---- not a punishment.  Do you even understand meaning of  the words you use?

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 03:42:18 pm »