Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>Third presidential debate 9pm est  (Read 34557 times)

Wingnut

Re: LIVE THREAD>>Third presidential debate 9pm est
« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »
My two cents on the debate.  Trump was blinking his eyes faster than a frog in a hail storm. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #476 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
My two cents on the debate last night.

I thought Trump had an ok debate, but he looked tired.  Hillary looked refreshed, but her head continues to 'bob', and her outbursts of laughter seem to be out of place at times.

Trump pointed out the corruption and lies of Clinton along with her lack of accomplishments for being in office 30 years.  Clinton pointed out Trump's lack of experience.  I found the debate to be a draw, except where the Constitution and appointing of justices was brought up.  As I stated earlier; Hillary was dead wrong on her assessment of what the purpose of the  Supreme Court is.  SCOTUS is not supposed to rule in favor of the 'will of the people'.  They are NOT supposed to make law but rather rule on the Constitutionality of the law.  Huge difference. 

Trump didn't score any points by stating the election is rigged and that he would assess whether or not he would accept the outcome of the election.  Hillary's lies continued on.

He already knows that he won't win.

You can't carry on like he's been carrying on about the election being rigged, then try to explain how in the Hell you managed to win a rigged election.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #477 on: October 20, 2016, 04:17:23 pm »

Trump is just too dumb to present a case against voter fraud. We need a smarter candidate.

Of course, the assumption being that all voter fraud is one-sided.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #478 on: October 20, 2016, 04:18:52 pm »

The courts and left (and media) are heavily pushing the idea that voter ID's are "racist" and voter fraud is a myth.

So you tell me which side is benefiting or stands to benefit from voter fraud?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #479 on: October 20, 2016, 04:39:48 pm »
He already knows that he won't win.

You can't carry on like he's been carrying on about the election being rigged, then try to explain how in the Hell you managed to win a rigged election.

He can always say something to the effect, it's a good thing he had his 'best people' in place ensuring that we had an honest election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2016, 05:25:41 pm »

As far as effective voter fraud is concerned, it most certainly is one sided - the left side.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »
I'll wait for the SNL parody on Saturday.

I think that with Trump's "Wrong!" comments, we have a replacement for the late John McLaughlin, as illustrated by SNL:

http://WWW.youtube.com/watch?v=koFlWXgX52E
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2016, 08:50:56 pm »
@Wingnut

:rolling:

@CatherineofAragon

I had to laugh the first time I saw that photo. My instant thought was "deer caught in the headlights of a oncoming 18 wheeler". Bubba looks like he's going to stroke out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #483 on: October 20, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »
I think that with Trump's "Wrong!" comments, we have a replacement for the late John McLaughlin, as illustrated by SNL:

:bigsilly:

I think you're right.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #484 on: October 20, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #485 on: October 20, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

That's pee-in-your-pants funny!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #486 on: October 20, 2016, 10:16:58 pm »
My impressions:
  • Trump was extremely sedate, looking drugged.  I think he needed some middle ground, but the calm version is much better than the loony one.
  • In fact, the entire debate was a more sedate tone, even when they were just all talking over one another and refusing to stop.
  • Hillary came across as more knowledgeable, even though many of her claims were false.  The problem was, Trump rarely had hard facts with which he could respond to her and show she was lying.  Debate prep is necessary.
  • Still, Trump did occasionally have a conservative argument at hand (some debate prep stuck!).  He was able to get an occasional riposte in, for a zinger.  The responses rarely had hard facts, but they did land hard at times.
  • Trump blew it by not explaining that he'd question the election results, not that he'd just refuse to accept them.  Big difference. Everyone's trying to portray it as the latter, when it's really a "wait-and-see whether to challenge" -- something entirely different.
  • I think both had personal-best performances last night, not that anything really shone.
  • It's a toss-up who won.   The "I won't say I'll accept the results" answer is going to hog the news, so that's a negative for Trump.  Hillary seemed like she had a command of the facts, and that will help her.    On the rest of the debate, I think Trump won slightly because he didn't melt down and was able to get some big question marks on Hillary.
  • Throughout the debate, as with previous ones, I kept thinking "if only..."
Thanks for the meaty reply.  I was curious how you and @Weird Tolkienish Figure saw the debate, because I see you both as, for lack of a better term, undecided voters.  It's not that either of you would ever vote for Clinton, but I get the sense that if Trump had a few good days and said the right stuff you might be persuaded to hold your nose and vote for him, or if Clinton said something really egregious that too could push you to vote for Trump.

I didn't find much to get excited about last night except Trump's solid answers on abortion.  The other thing that Trump benefited from was the Project Veritas video “Rigging the Election,” which angered me a great deal.

Silver Pines

« Reply #487 on: October 20, 2016, 10:44:28 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I had to laugh the first time I saw that photo. My instant thought was "deer caught in the headlights of a oncoming 18 wheeler". Bubba looks like he's going to stroke out.

@sneakypete

He always looks freakish these days, have you noticed that?  Not that he was ever top tier to begin with...

What was with Hillary's evil clown smile last night?  Good grief.  Dana Loesch said that's what it would look like if a velociraptor smiled.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #488 on: October 20, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »
@sneakypete

He always looks freakish these days, have you noticed that?  Not that he was ever top tier to begin with...

What was with Hillary's evil clown smile last night?  Good grief.  Dana Loesch said that's what it would look like if a velociraptor smiled.

@CatherineofAragon

Seems to me he used to look smug every time you saw him,but for the last few years he has always looked scared to me.

He sure ain't the Charming Bubba he used to be,is he?

geronl

« Reply #489 on: October 20, 2016, 11:12:30 pm »

I don't believe that's true. I think Mr. "Son of a Mailman" from the GOP debates, I'm actually forgetting his name, if he ran as a conservative he could have won.

I'm not sure Kasich could credibly claim to be conservative, but he's a lot more conservative than Trump

geronl

« Reply #490 on: October 20, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »

I didn't find much to get excited about last night except Trump's solid answers on abortion. 

People would need incredibly short memories to find that credible.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #491 on: October 20, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #492 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #493 on: October 20, 2016, 11:24:39 pm »
@txradioguy
Pardon my ignorance, but what's "QFT"?

Quoted for Truth.

Silver Pines

« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2016, 11:28:05 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Seems to me he used to look smug every time you saw him,but for the last few years he has always looked scared to me.

He sure ain't the Charming Bubba he used to be,is he?

@sneakypete

Ugh, he is not.  I imagine he'll feel better once he gets back to the White House and finds himself some interns.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:47 pm »
Most voters don't follow politics as closely as you and I do.  I don't trust Trump to follow through on any of his promises, but I like hearing some of the stuff he promises.  Let me put it this way...Trump didn't hurt his chances with me by promising to nominate pro-life judges.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2016, 11:46:44 pm »
Most voters don't follow politics as closely as you and I do.  I don't trust Trump to follow through on any of his promises, but I like hearing some of the stuff he promises.  Let me put it this way...Trump didn't hurt his chances with me by promising to nominate pro-life judges.

Trump was right in challenging Hillary's credentials as a lifelong champion of women's, children's and LGBT rights, and suggesting that she should give back monies donated to the Clinton Foundation by nations that do not recognize the rights of those groups.

By the same token, Trump being the stalwart pro-life champion that he claims to be, should rip every inch of steel and aluminum from the frames of his luxury hotels that he purchased from a country that forces women to have abortions.

#IHateThsElection, #WasPayingAttention

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #497 on: October 21, 2016, 01:59:30 am »
Trump was right in challenging Hillary's credentials as a lifelong champion of women's, children's and LGBT rights, and suggesting that she should give back monies donated to the Clinton Foundation by nations that do not recognize the rights of those groups.

By the same token, Trump being the stalwart pro-life champion that he claims to be, should rip every inch of steel and aluminum from the frames of his luxury hotels that he purchased from a country that forces women to have abortions.

#IHateThsElection, #WasPayingAttention
@Once-Ler     @Luis Gonzalez

Guys,I have my own doubts about Trumps conversion,but having said that,sometimes people DO change their minds about thing. When they do,maybe we shouldn't still be so harsh to judge them and start demanding they do penance for what they once believed?

If Trump were to melt down every building he owns that has Chinese aluminum in them,not one child that was aborted before he changed his mind would come back to life. Why punish someone for switching over to YOUR POV?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #498 on: October 21, 2016, 02:15:04 am »
@Once-Ler     @Luis Gonzalez

Guys,I have my own doubts about Trumps conversion,but having said that,sometimes people DO change their minds about thing. When they do,maybe we shouldn't still be so harsh to judge them and start demanding they do penance for what they once believed?

If Trump were to melt down every building he owns that has Chinese aluminum in them,not one child that was aborted before he changed his mind would come back to life. Why punish someone for switching over to YOUR POV?

If everyone threw out all their Chinese made crap you would have some really nice cheap Chinese crap barricades in place when the SHTF.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2016, 02:21:01 am »
If everyone threw out all their Chinese made crap you would have some really nice cheap Chinese crap barricades in place when the SHTF.

@bigheadfred

The good (?) news is some of it is already bombs,even if not intended as bombs. Some are fire bombs,some are shrapnel bombs. Of course the Chinese call it "consumer goods for White Devils".