Author Topic: Sean Hannity: I’ll Take My ‘Martial Arts’ Teachings Over Those of ‘Jesus’  (Read 4051 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So he really can't go a day or even a few hours, without bragging about his so-called martial arts training.

Taking a queue from his orange master, Donald Trump, Sean Hannity said on Thursday that he would rather listen to his martial arts teachings than those of Jesus, and proved it with another unhinged rant against conservative talk show host, best-selling author, and founder of The Blaze, Glenn Beck, saying that when someone attacks him, he’s going to “hit back twice as hard,” a phrase often repeated by Donald Trump to excuse his incivility and thin-skinned narcissism.

Beginning with a quote from Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity said on his radio program on Thursday:

“Then he quotes, he says, ‘Jesus didn’t teach when they hit you, you hit back twice as hard.’ Well, my martial arts kind of teaches that. When people attack me, I’m gonna fight back.”...

http://politistick.com/sean-hannity-ill-take-my-martial-arts-teachings-over-those-of-jesus/#

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
LOL, Hannity is on a twitter tantrum (dare I say Trumpertantrum) about his martial arts.

...and it keeps going and going and going...

Offline Longmire

Wow...it sounds like Hannity is pretty serious about the mixed martial arts.

That should make his more effeminate detractors real jealous.   :police:

Silver Pines

LOL @ Hannity and "street." 

Silver Pines

Wow...it sounds like Hannity is pretty serious about the mixed martial arts.

That should make his more effeminate detractors real jealous.   :police:

@Longmire

No, I think most here have enough experience and basic judge of character to see that he's just a short, insecure little gasbag trying to compensate.

Also, most don't get emotionally invested in pundits and politicians to the point of elevating them to hero/beefcake status.

Oceander

What a loser.  He's clearly trying to overcompensate for some vicious insecurities.

Offline mirraflake

My wife can't stand Hannity's plastered down hair cut. She cringes every time he is on the air.

Of course she loves Gibbs hair cut which I think looks like crap.

Offline Frank Cannon

What a loser.  He's clearly trying to overcompensate for some vicious insecurities.

The insecurity is "stupid".

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
He must be reading a different Bible or something. Mine doesn't teach that I have to be weak or "turn the other cheek" if someone is attacking what God gave me to defend. We shouldn't take some of these teachings out of context.

Proverbs 24:5-6 "A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety."

vs. 10-12  If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Sean should know better than to mis-represent to the word of God. Jesus was the one who made sure his disciples had swords to defend them selves with before he left. David a man after God's own heart was one of history's greatest warriors. You don't need to turn to worldly philosophies to justify being strong.

Just my dos centavos.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:58:55 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
@Longmire

No, I think most here have enough experience and basic judge of character to see that he's just a short, insecure little gasbag trying to compensate.

Hannity isn't an insecure gasbag because he's short. I've known too many people who are short of stature who are big in character, courtesy, toughness (when needed), integrity, etc. Having physical stature tossed in as an insult when justifyingly smacking down someone's lack of character is a non sequitur, IMHO. It's what comes from the inside of a person that makes them what they are. Not short or tall, fat or thin, ugly or gorgeous, etc.

All that said, I consider Hannity an obnoxious, pugnacious punk who is every bit as intolerable as his new messiah, Trump.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:00:22 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
He must be reading a different Bible or something. Mine doesn't teach that I have to be weak or "turn the other cheek" if someone is attacking what God gave me to defend. We shouldn't take some of these teachings out of context.

Proverbs 24:5-6 "A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety."

vs. 10-12  If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Sean should know better than to mis-represent to the word of God. Jesus was the one who made sure his disciples had swords to defend them selves with before he left. David a man after God's own heart was one of history's greatest warriors. You don't need to turn to worldly philosophies to justify being strong.

Just my dos centavos.

Hannity would do well to heed the wisdom in your dos centavos. In hindsight, I'd say it's a darn good thing he didn't go into the ministry as he had once planned. I have a hard time picturing him bowing the knee to Jesus.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Longmire

He must be reading a different Bible or something.

@Idaho_Cowboy Same Bible, different Testament, and the Proverbs you're quoting aren't in it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

He must be reading a different Bible or something.

@Idaho_Cowboy Same Bible, different Testament, and the Proverbs you're quoting aren't in it.
Same Holy Spirit, same God, and don't forget I did mention Jesus's words to his disciples.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
“Then he quotes, he says, ‘Jesus didn’t teach when they hit you, you hit back twice as hard.’ Well, my martial arts kind of teaches that. When people attack me, I’m gonna fight back.”...

Hannity also apparently never learned the proverb about sticks and stones either.

He'd never make it in my dojang.

He would have been put in his place on the mat, or he would no longer be a student.

All Hannity is by his own mouth - is a wannabe bully, like his prince he worships.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

It is hard to understand how Hannity is even employed

Offline musiclady

Hannity would do well to heed the wisdom in your dos centavos. In hindsight, I'd say it's a darn good thing he didn't go into the ministry as he had once planned. I have a hard time picturing him bowing the knee to Jesus.

Some day he will.

And so will Trump.

It would be good for both of them to realize it now, before it's too late.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I wonder if he will be by the end of the year.

If anyone at Fox has any brains, they'll get rid of him after this Trump fiasco, and who would pick him up??

He's an idiot.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

Its been amazing watching Hannity's conversion from average IQ self described conservative talk show host to average IQ populist bullyboy blowhard.

He has made it a virtual certainty that his career will flame out when his celebrity icon departs politics.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:56:27 pm by skeeter »

geronl

I doubt Hannity could beat Flipper in a debate, anyone remember her....

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I wonder if he will be by the end of the year.

If anyone at Fox has any brains, they'll get rid of him after this Trump fiasco, and who would pick him up??

He's an idiot.
If Trump doesn't win and starts his own news Channel I think Sean is shooting for lead anchor.

Offline skeeter

I doubt Hannity could beat Flipper in a debate, anyone remember her....

I also remember how he'd allow his ego to be stroked over the air by a caller calling herself "Cat".

geronl

If Trump doesn't win and starts his own news Channel I think Sean is shooting for lead anchor.

He won't do it with his own money and I doubt it would be real news anyway

HonestJohn

All warfare is based on deception.

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand.

---

The smart man does not brag to the world about his capabilities.  For that allows his enemies to counteract them.  That Hannity is doing so means he is an idiot.

Offline Forum member

The smart man does not brag to the world about his capabilities.  For that allows his enemies to counteract them.  That Hannity is doing so means he is an idiot.
The Storage Wars program had a special segment once where they toured the home of a loudmouth. He bragged about his stacks of expensive paintings leaning against the wall by the dozens, bags of gold here and there, all his treasure. The next season he was glum and said he had a home invasion robbery over the summer. Keep your stuff quiet if you are smart.

Offline Forum member

22222frying pan  For Hannity

He's still going to die one day and meet his maker.  His martial arts won't help him then.  And there will be no hitting back twice as hard either.
That's when he draws the pistol he's carried since he was 11 months old. No wait, that won't help him then, either.