Author Topic: Why Environmentalism Became Both a Religion and a Con Game  (Read 515 times)

rangerrebew

Why Environmentalism Became Both a Religion and a Con Game
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »
October 7, 2016
Why Environmentalism Became Both a Religion and a Con Game
By Chet Richards

I am a Conservationist.  I am not an Environmentalist.  What?  Aren’t the two the same thing?  No, they are not.  In fact the two movements are diametrically opposed.

John Muir was a Conservationist, not an Environmentalist.  He saw the wilderness as a “primary source for understanding God: The Book of Nature.”  Muir did not worship Nature, as modern environmentalists do.  Muir worshiped God, the Judeo-Christian God.  So, here is the difference:  Conservation derives from the Hebrew Bible.  Mankind is to be Stewards of the Land.  We are charged to husband God’s creation.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/10/why_environmentalism_became_both_a_religion_and_a_con_game.html#ixzz4MQAxvhpG
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Why Environmentalism Became Both a Religion and a Con Game
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:57 pm »
I think real conservationist like John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt would be appalled by the environmental movement. Instead of conserving we let millions of acres of forest burn, we erect hundreds of wind powered birdie blenders. It's just shameful. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour