Author Topic: Roy Moore: NFL players who refuse to stand for the anthem are breaking the law, you know  (Read 6391 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Except for the fact that he is 100% correct you might be right!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

Rush just pointed this out on my Facebook page.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The solution starts with completely crushing the Democratic Party by prosecuting the Clintons and Comey and Holder and Lynch and everyone who committed perjury in Committee hearings--all in the expectation that those prosecutions would also net several dozen high-ranking Democrat operatives, including even the Kenyan candidate himself.

We will never stop BLM so long as the Democratic Party is promoting/protecting them.  Destroy the Dems as a group, and the Alinskyite BLM will fall over next.

I'm down with that.

The democrat party is rotten to the core.  I can't think of a single decent person in the party of any consequence.

Offline stephen50right

I don't think the NFL owners are quite getting it yet, despite the obvious of game attendance and TV audience decline.

Probably the owners feel this will die out soon, and all the players will be standing again. Without direct action from the owners, I doubt that will happen. The protests will likely stay about the same at this point, which is unacceptable to many fans.

In my view there is only one solution, make a stand and tell the players to respect our National Anthem and Flag or get cut. There will be some obvious turmoil short term, but in the long run it will create a healthier league.

It's not like there is a shortage of football players out there. There are many thousands of college graduates and semi-pro players who can't quite beat out the players in the NFL, but are good players in their own right. Fans in a city root for their team, and the individual players, unless it's a long time beloved superstar, the fans couldn't care less who the defensive backs are or who the linemen are, etc.

So cut the misfits, replace them with players who want to play football, and be done with it. They'd better hurry, time is running short.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't think the NFL owners are quite getting it yet, despite the obvious of game attendance and TV audience decline.

Probably the owners feel this will die out soon, and all the players will be standing again. Without direct action from the owners, I doubt that will happen. The protests will likely stay about the same at this point, which is unacceptable to many fans.

In my view there is only one solution, make a stand and tell the players to respect our National Anthem and Flag or get cut. There will be some obvious turmoil short term, but in the long run it will create a healthier league.

It's not like there is a shortage of football players out there. There are many thousands of college graduates and semi-pro players who can't quite beat out the players in the NFL, but are good players in their own right. Fans in a city root for their team, and the individual players, unless it's a long time beloved superstar, the fans couldn't care less who the defensive backs are or who the linemen are, etc.

So cut the misfits, replace them with players who want to play football, and be done with it. They'd better hurry, time is running short.

It may come to that but I think some of the players are beginning to see reason.