Author Topic: Cruz warms to Trump  (Read 12115 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Cruz warms to Trump
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2016, 05:07:04 pm »
Heroin coming across from Mexico, killing Americans, illegals, Christians put in the crossfire in the Middle East, started under GW Bush whom a lot of people here probably voted for,

This is the counter point, "oh, it's only make believe", however that relates to the conversation.

Good that we've got someone finally standing for Americans.

Anti-Romneys used the same argument last time, see where that got us.

So, Americans dying from heroin, victims of human smuggling on the border, migrants preyed upon by organized crime in the worse ways, Zetas made immigrants they kidnapped fight each other gladiator style and have carried out massacres.

Yeah, I see a lot of good in trying to end this stuff and one candidate has spoken up on it, so touche.

Offline CSM

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »
I agree.  Except I probably would not go so far as to say Levin sold us out.  He buys the lie that we must choose Trump to stop Hillary.  But he is not badgering those who disagree.  He has the right to make up his own mind.  The rest you listed are total sellouts and I am ashamed of them.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2016, 05:18:39 pm »
There's a Syrian Syro-Malabar Church here I know, the Assyrians said they were backing Trump, if one looks at one story on how they voted:

Chaldeans voted overwhelming for Trump who has vowed to take a strong approach to rising Islamic violence. Middle East Christians have become a major target of radical Islamic groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS, which began appearing in Iraq after the American-led invasion of 2003 that removed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.

http://thearabdailynews.com/2016/03/09/trump-sanders-sweep-arab-votes-dearborn-region/

Who put Christians in the crossfire, well, as shown above it wasn't the biggest problem before 2003, I voted for Bush. But now, those votes, voting for McCain, I really question that. 

So, I respect if one is just totally cynical; but I'm not and a lot of Trump's appeal is about that.

Offline Truthsearcher

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »
@Truthsearcher

Again, no one is holding a gun to your head.  You have several options---to vote third party, to write in a name, to vote downticket only, or to abstain from voting.  Trump/Hillary are your only choices if you're being forced to support either, which you are not----or if you believe one would actually benefit the country.

Many of us are taking advantage of our freedom to select from those options I just outlined.  Trump/Hillary are only two of them.

I'm not saying anyone is putting a gun to my head, I'm merely responding to the graphic posted, that one should always vote for the "best possible candidate". I'm saying by my interpretation of that criteria it has to be Trump, he's the best possible candidate, because the word "possible" restricts my options to the two candidates who have a possibility of winning.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »

Do you think that those Christians who ISIS gave the choice of converting to Islam or watch their children be slaughter did the right thing when they refused to deny their God? You think it was an easy choice?

Good point.

In using your analogy, the Trump Militants have shown us that renouncing Jesus Christ and converting to Islam is the lesser of two evils and a duty one must do, so as to save the life of your kids.

And what they have become are acolytes for ISIS going around demanding Christians renounce Christ and convert to Islam or be seen as an infidel and traitor to their neighbor's children.

That's what we have with the Trump militant, and they cannot and will not even get the analogy you referenced.

Instead they will discount it.

Our principles are Conservatism, and our faith is in Christ.

No man, no movement of populists or whatever they are will convince us to surrender those principles to vote for Trump - in essence, convert or watch your family die.

I'll take death then. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:57:18 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »
Good point.

In using your analogy, the Trump Militants have shown us that renouncing Jesus Christ and converting to Islam is the lesser of two evils and a duty one must do, so as to save the life of your kids.

And what they have become are acolytes for ISIS going around demanding Christians renounce Christ and convert to Islam or be seen as an infidel and traitor to their neighbor's children.

That's what we have with the Trump militant, and they cannot and will not even get the analogy you referenced.

Instead they will discount it.

Our principles are Conservatism, and our faith is in Christ.

No man, no movement of populists or whatever they are will convince us to surrender those principles to vote for Trump - in essence, convert or watch your family die.

I'll take death then. 

Oh please, get a grip man. WTF are you talking about?

Offline unknown

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »

LOL.

Yes, they have totally lost it. They are not capable of understanding wisdom in this area. They desire to make this a comparison about voting for Jesus Christ.

They are not capable of understanding that they are not voting for Jesus Christ. "Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?"

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline flowers

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:15 pm »
Wow......really get a grip invar. Now you accuse me of wanting to join ISIS because I will vote for Trump.You compare. Trump with IsIs  You really need to get professional help, seriously. @INVAR Maybe take a break from the internet too. Go outside, breathe the fresh air.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »
I'm not saying anyone is putting a gun to my head, I'm merely responding to the graphic posted, that one should always vote for the "best possible candidate". I'm saying by my interpretation of that criteria it has to be Trump, he's the best possible candidate, because the word "possible" restricts my options to the two candidates who have a possibility of winning.
Only on circular reasoning:

"I won't vote third party because they don't have a chance to win."

"They don't stand a chance to win because no one else will vote for them."

"No one will vote for them because they don't have a chance to win."

Change has to start somewhere. Political parties don't become national powerhouses overnight. Start now. Build that support.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »
LOL.

Yes, they have totally lost it. They are not capable of understanding wisdom in this area. They desire to make this a comparison about voting for Jesus Christ.

They are not capable of understanding that they are not voting for Jesus Christ. "Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?"
Did not the small, meek David slay the much greater and more fearsome Goliath?

In the long run, the wicked lose—and make no mistake, both Trump and Clinton are wicked. What we must beware of is who they bring down with them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline unknown

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2016, 09:59:15 pm »

That is where I am...

You and I stand together.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2016, 10:04:00 pm »

Quote from: unknown on Today at 01:45:52 PM

LOL.

Did not the small, meek David slay the much greater and more fearsome Goliath?

In the long run, the wicked lose—and make no mistake, both Trump and Clinton are wicked. What we must beware of is who they bring down with them.

Very good.

So we have two, possibly conflicting, methods of handling a similar event. This needs to be recognized. Because to only accept Davids method would render the new testament method as invalid. And to only accept the new testament method would be to claim that Davids method was wrong.

Therefore, we have to conclude, that either method is acceptable.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2016, 10:15:17 pm »
Wow......really get a grip invar. Now you accuse me of wanting to join ISIS because I will vote for Trump.You compare. Trump with IsIs  You really need to get professional help, seriously. @INVAR Maybe take a break from the internet too. Go outside, breathe the fresh air.

You are either too stupid to comprehend the point or deliberately trying to reframe the point in order to smear.  Typical of what to expect from you statist populists for Trump.

It was and is, an analogy to explain why the stupid argument of voting for the lesser of two evils is always preferable and moral by providing an analogy that would engender the same exact reaction from us if it were ISIS telling us to convert or watch our kids die.

It's very fitting given the death threats Trump supporters have promised to dish out after the election.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:11 pm »
The problem with this is that there are only 2 candidates. So the best possible candidates is either Hilary or Trump. Everyone else have a 0% chance of winning and therefore they are by definition impossible candidates.    Because if I had to consider people with 0% chance of winning as  possible candidates I might as well just write my own name in, from my perspective I would be the best candidate since I agree with myself on everything and will do the best job of representing my values, and if chance of winning is not a criteria I should always vote for myself as the best possible candidate.
The problem with that is that there are actually over 70 candidates, they just aren't recognized in most states. When you get down to the recognized write-in candidates or those on the ballot, there are actually five candidates (in no particular order): Stein, Johnson, Castle, Clinton, and Trump.

By popular perception, one which the uniparty jealously guards, two of those candidates are the most likely to get the 270 electoral votes needed to become President.

If, however, they fail to do so, the House of Representatives gets to vote on which of the three front-runners gets the job.

Third place could be significant after all.

While that is an unlikely situation, the possibility exists, and there are those of us who will be putting our efforts toward getting those votes for one of the candidates not on the top of the uniparty list.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »

It was and is, an analogy to explain why the stupid argument of voting for the lesser of two evils is always preferable and moral by providing an analogy that would engender the same exact reaction from us if it were ISIS telling us to convert or watch our kids die.

The goofiest analogy that I ever did see, and obviously I am not the only one! And now you are doubling down. Grow up, and just admit that you made a goofy mistake and move on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:44 pm »
LOL.

Okay, just for fun, an attacker at two to one odds isn't a shoo-in. Especially if the defender chooses the battle space, which can leave the attacker as a significant disadvantage.

Leonidas demonstrated that strategic (and tactical) chokepoints can be used to great advantage to negate the numerical superiority of an aggressor. It is the traitors who bring such stands to an end, as did one his.

All this time later Leonidas is remembered, yet none of those who fell against him.

The matter of principles demands on occasion that the right choices be made. Often those are neither comfortable, simple, nor easy, and often those decisions come at the cost of great personal sacrifice, either of what you have, or at the cost of what could be gained.

For Christians (to pick one group), our reward is not in any kingdom on Earth, though The Almighty may choose to bless us here. With those blessings come responsibilities, imho, and the real reward is in the hereafter, eternal, and nothing here compares.

That is how the Christians facing ISIS could hold strong to their faith in the face of a decision so vile that none should ever have to face it, and why the demands that people abandon their principles to support that which they, in clear conscience, cannot, only very in order of magnitude from the vile nature of the decisions ISIS forced.

It is, in some ways, a similar choice, only separated by the magnitude of the penalty for noncompliance: 'Abandon your God or die' versus 'abandon your principles (based in no small degree on the teachings of The Almighty, on moral choices and standards), or be belabored indefinitely by internet nuisances', who have already embraced the very things you will not.

I only am thankful that those who would have me abandon my core beliefs are not holding a knife to my kids. It just makes the decision to stick to my principles that much easier.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2016, 11:05:35 pm »

That is how the Christians facing ISIS could hold strong to their faith in the face of a decision so vile that none should ever have to face it, and why the demands that people abandon their principles to support that which they, in clear conscience, cannot, only very in order of magnitude from the vile nature of the decisions ISIS forced.

It is, in some ways, a similar choice, only separated by the magnitude of the penalty for noncompliance: 'Abandon your God or die' versus 'abandon your principles (based in no small degree on the teachings of The Almighty, on moral choices and standards), or be belabored indefinitely by internet nuisances', who have already embraced the very things you will not.

Thanks for attempting to explain it to them, but I'm afraid you're just tossing pearls in the pen there Joe.

They don't get it, because ether don't want to get it.

So they will ridicule the attempt to explain the analogy - because it flies in the face of the narratives they insist everyone buy into.

Offline unknown

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2016, 11:24:43 pm »
Okay, just for fun, an attacker at two to one odds isn't a shoo-in. Especially if the defender chooses the battle space, which can leave the attacker as a significant disadvantage.

Leonidas demonstrated that strategic (and tactical) chokepoints can be used to great advantage to negate the numerical superiority of an aggressor. It is the traitors who bring such stands to an end, as did one his.

All this time later Leonidas is remembered, yet none of those who fell against him.

The matter of principles demands on occasion that the right choices be made. Often those are neither comfortable, simple, nor easy, and often those decisions come at the cost of great personal sacrifice, either of what you have, or at the cost of what could be gained.

For Christians (to pick one group), our reward is not in any kingdom on Earth, though The Almighty may choose to bless us here. With those blessings come responsibilities, imho, and the real reward is in the hereafter, eternal, and nothing here compares.

I only am thankful that those who would have me abandon my core beliefs are not holding a knife to my kids. It just makes the decision to stick to my principles that much easier.

"It is, in some ways, a similar choice,"

No, I don't believe it is a similar choice. I have not been given an ultimatum to stop worshipping the triune God, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I do not have a knife at my throat or any of my kids, and I have not been told to 'Abandon your God or die'.

We are not at this place, yet.

With Hillary, we will be at this place. She has told us this. And Obama administration has put Christians in jail for their beliefs, fined them, put them out of business, etc. And with Hillary, it will get much worse.

We are not at this place yet. We will be with Hillary.

We disagree on timing, on where we are. I can accept that. For many years now, there are people that believe that getting a SSN means that you are bowing down to the idol of the state and have given up your Christian beliefs. I know there are some that won't understand my analogy. But my point is that you and I disagree on where we are in His story.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2016, 11:45:53 pm »

No, I don't believe it is a similar choice. I have not been given an ultimatum to stop worshipping the triune God, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I do not have a knife at my throat or any of my kids, and I have not been told to 'Abandon your God or die'.

If you are going to abandon principles for sake of expedience with the little things, you will also do so with the very big things.

MARK MY WORDS.

Because if you think you are going to stand in the face of REAL persecution, on the authority of Yeshua - I'm telling you that you will not.   And you fold like a cheap suit and rationalize away your faith as easily as you did your principles.

I know.

Because I lived it.

I was shown it.  Very painful - but it is what was done, so I could learn from it, repent of it and pass that warning I learned along.

Because when push comes to shove, and knives are to your throat and clubs are at your head - your American prosperity doctrines are going to impel you to deny, deny, deny - and rationalize the selling of your soul to evil because you think the other evil is greater.

Better to live and fight another day than die on the spot… right??? Better you should convert now and save the lives of others… right?

Luke 16:10 is in play here:
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

Repent now while you can, for a time is soon coming when God is not going to be hearing and answering any of our prayers in this land.

Offline unknown

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2016, 11:51:54 pm »
If you are going to abandon principles for sake of expedience with the little things, you will also do so with the very big things.

MARK MY WORDS.

Because if you think you are going to stand in the face of REAL persecution, on the authority of Yeshua - I'm telling you that you will not.   And you fold like a cheap suit and rationalize away your faith as easily as you did your principles.

I know.

Because I lived it.

I was shown it.  Very painful - but it is what was done, so I could learn from it, repent of it and pass that warning I learned along.

Because when push comes to shove, and knives are to your throat and clubs are at your head - your American prosperity doctrines are going to impel you to deny, deny, deny - and rationalize the selling of your soul to evil because you think the other evil is greater.

Better to live and fight another day than die on the spot… right??? Better you should convert now and save the lives of others… right?

Luke 16:10 is in play here:
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

Repent now while you can, for a time is soon coming when God is not going to be hearing and answering any of our prayers in this land.

I believe my full post puts into context what I was saying.

Here it is...

We are not at this place, yet.

With Hillary, we will be at this place. She has told us this. And Obama administration has put Christians in jail for their beliefs, fined them, put them out of business, etc. And with Hillary, it will get much worse.

We are not at this place yet. We will be with Hillary.

We disagree on timing, on where we are. I can accept that. For many years now, there are people that believe that getting a SSN means that you are bowing down to the idol of the state and have given up your Christian beliefs. I know there are some that won't understand my analogy. But my point is that you and I disagree on where we are in His story.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2016, 11:57:41 pm »
I believe my full post puts into context what I was saying.

Here it is...

You can attempt to justify your unfaithfulness in the least as much as and as often as it makes you feel good about yourself.

Jesus' Words still apply to you.

And if you can be unfaithful to your principles in the least of things for expedience, you will be unfaithful to the most important thing in this life, for expedience.  And you will engage in the same justification for it you are doing now.

Offline unknown

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2016, 12:04:43 am »
You can attempt to justify your unfaithfulness in the least as much as and as often as it makes you feel good about yourself.

Jesus' Words still apply to you.

And if you can be unfaithful to your principles in the least of things for expedience, you will be unfaithful to the most important thing in this life, for expedience.  And you will engage in the same justification for it you are doing now.

The wise king must know when he needs to sue for peace. This is where we are. This is not being unfaithful to our principles.

I have not been asked to abandon my principles. I have not been asked to bow down to another God. I do not have a knife at my throat or any of my children's.

I am trying to prevent that. And I have not abandoned any principles in doing so.

But you are trying to play a guilt trip on everyone. Telling everyone that they are not Christian, have lost their salvation, blah blah blah blah. Your guilt trip does not work on me. Maybe on the weak. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2016, 12:04:47 am »
I'll agree with the Never Trumps on one thing, 2016 has been a nightmare in terms of what's happening in the country. Things just get worse and worse.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2016, 12:28:27 am »
The wise king must know when he needs to sue for peace. This is where we are. This is not being unfaithful to our principles.

Keep telling yourself that.

I have not been asked to abandon my principles. I have not been asked to bow down to another God. I do not have a knife at my throat or any of my children's.

Won't make any difference. Since you willfully abandoned your political principles for expedience, abandoning your faith under threat and duress will be even easier for you.  If you are unfaithful in the least, you will be unfaithful in much.  You just exemplified the scripture.

I am trying to prevent that. And I have not abandoned any principles in doing so.

But you are trying to play a guilt trip on everyone. Telling everyone that they are not Christian, have lost their salvation, blah blah blah blah. Your guilt trip does not work on me. Maybe on the weak.

If you think this was a guilt trip, then the scripture I provided has pricked your conscience, and you are reacting as all flesh acts out when the Spirit of God moves; it lashes out and accuses.

If you are faithful in little, you will be faithful in much.

If you are unfaithful in the little things, you will be unfaithful in the big things.

Simple as that.

Conservatism is an extension of our faith, our mindsets, our life philosophy.  If you can abandon that for expedience and lie to yourself that doing so is for the good, then you can just as easily abandon the faith under threat and intimidation and justify doing so as a better of two evils.

If that fact bothers you - take it up with Christ.  He spoke the words.

I'm just reminding you of them, and how they apply in that analogy you took exception to .

Offline unknown

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2016, 12:34:57 am »

Won't make any difference. Since you willfully abandoned your political principles for expedience, abandoning your faith under threat and duress will be even easier for you.  If you are unfaithful in the least, you will be unfaithful in much.  You just exemplified the scripture.

If you think this was a guilt trip, then the scripture I provided has pricked your conscience, and you are reacting as all flesh acts out when the Spirit of God moves; it lashes out and accuses.

If you are faithful in little, you will be faithful in much.

If you are unfaithful in the little things, you will be unfaithful in the big things.

Simple as that.

Conservatism is an extension of our faith, our mindsets, our life philosophy.  If you can abandon that for expedience and lie to yourself that doing so is for the good, then you can just as easily abandon the faith under threat and intimidation and justify doing so as a better of two evils.

If that fact bothers you - take it up with Christ.  He spoke the words.

I'm just reminding you of them, and how they apply in that analogy you took exception to .

Nice try, but...

FAIL!