Author Topic: Cruz warms to Trump  (Read 12089 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Cruz warms to Trump
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2016, 01:04:07 am »

If you think this was a guilt trip, then the scripture I provided has pricked your conscience, and you are reacting as all flesh acts out when the Spirit of God moves; it lashes out and accuses.

If you are faithful in little, you will be faithful in much.

If you are unfaithful in the little things, you will be unfaithful in the big things.

Simple as that.

Conservatism is an extension of our faith, our mindsets, our life philosophy.  If you can abandon that for expedience and lie to yourself that doing so is for the good, then you can just as easily abandon the faith under threat and intimidation and justify doing so as a better of two evils.

If that fact bothers you - take it up with Christ.  He spoke the words.

I'm just reminding you of them, and how they apply in that analogy you took exception to .
Well said, thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2016, 01:33:57 am »
Nice try, but...

FAIL!

Well a witness was given.

Thanks for illustrating what spirit you are of.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline unknown

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2016, 01:39:21 am »
Well a witness was given.

Thanks for illustrating what spirit you are of.

Well, you think very highly of yourself.

I am very happy that my salvation is not dependent upon you.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline kartographer

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:20 am »
The goofiest analogy that I ever did see, and obviously I am not the only one! And now you are doubling down. Grow up, and just admit that you made a goofy mistake and move on.

unknow you are the only one there is no one else quite like you here or even over at TOS only your other selves come close.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2016, 03:39:11 am »
"It is, in some ways, a similar choice,"

No, I don't believe it is a similar choice. I have not been given an ultimatum to stop worshipping the triune God, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I do not have a knife at my throat or any of my kids, and I have not been told to 'Abandon your God or die'.

We are not at this place, yet.

With Hillary, we will be at this place. She has told us this. And Obama administration has put Christians in jail for their beliefs, fined them, put them out of business, etc. And with Hillary, it will get much worse.

We are not at this place yet. We will be with Hillary.

We disagree on timing, on where we are. I can accept that. For many years now, there are people that believe that getting a SSN means that you are bowing down to the idol of the state and have given up your Christian beliefs. I know there are some that won't understand my analogy. But my point is that you and I disagree on where we are in His story.

No ultimatums for Trumpster, no one tracking you, placing you on list, no one threatening you with talk of revenge and retribution....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:43:46 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2016, 03:42:38 am »
Thanks for attempting to explain it to them, but I'm afraid you're just tossing pearls in the pen there Joe.

They don't get it, because ether don't want to get it.

So they will ridicule the attempt to explain the analogy - because it flies in the face of the narratives they insist everyone buy into.
@Smokin Joe

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. – Proverbs 16:25