Author Topic: Ted Cruz Warns Democrats Could Have ‘Massive Wins’ in Texas  (Read 10114 times)

Offline rodamala

Re: Ted Cruz Warns Democrats Could Have ‘Massive Wins’ in Texas
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:43 pm »
Obama's judicial appointments will haunt the country for years. Hillary's won't be any better, and I believe will tip the scales of the USSC to the left, maybe permanently.

If that doesn't scare you it should.

The "OMG! What about the Judical Appointments!" of Trumpists and other GOP-e agents is amusing to me...

...but that's only because I know that 2A was written into the Bill of Rights not so that I might defend my home from murderers and fatherrapers (by shooting a shotgun in the air)... or going out shooting Bambi's mother (with my musket) to feed my family.

Federal Judges are only a "problem" until The People have truly had enough.

Just sayin'.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2016, 01:17:07 pm »
I saw this yesterday.
It was a twitter post with several headlines.
The same media that came out with story after story about how Cruz and Rubio would both be worse than Trump during the primaries, is now coming out saying how bad Trump worse than Hillary.
Coincidence?
No, it was a set up.
They knew Cruz and Rubio would win the general and Trump was their best chance to lose against her.
They had just enough of a plurality in a crowded field to pull it off.

Actually the establishment plan all along was to have a Bush v Clinton rematch. The crowded field was intended to help Bush.

Trump outplayed the establishment and took out "low energy" Bush first, while Rubio and others looked on.

Cruz tried to stay under the radar while Trump slaughtered all the others, but Cruz's arrogance got the better of him.

Trump will become President because he's a stronger, tougher, meaner, smarter SOB than all the others.

Offline beandog

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2016, 01:34:28 pm »
Actually the establishment plan all along was to have a Bush v Clinton rematch. The crowded field was intended to help Bush.

Trump outplayed the establishment and took out "low energy" Bush first, while Rubio and others looked on.

Cruz tried to stay under the radar while Trump slaughtered all the others, but Cruz's arrogance got the better of him.

Trump will become President because he's a stronger, tougher, meaner, smarter SOB than all the others.
You are correct the Donald is a meaner SOB than all the others.  Of course, he is also a bigger liar, cheater and scam artist than the others, too.  Those are all very good qualifications for a liberal.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »

You and I are of like mind. I wish I had a tenth the moxie of Donald J Trump.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2016, 01:50:40 pm »

...One other thing. Notice how before Mr. Trump got into the presidential race, and for the 40 or so years he was engaged in building world-class iconic skyscrapers, no one ever accused him of being a bigger liar, cheater and scam artist -- which as everyone knows is where the real money in real estate is, you know nothing like risking your billion dollar empire on a small time bunko charge.

These Cruzers have lost their minds -- present company excepted (or is that accepted?).

Offline Longmire

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »
You are correct the Donald is a meaner SOB than all the others.  Of course, he is also a bigger liar, cheater and scam artist than the others, too.  Those are all very good qualifications for a liberal.

@beandog I'd like to see an example of how Trump "cheated" to win the nomination.  :shrug:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2016, 02:27:09 pm »
You and I are of like mind. I wish I had a tenth the moxie of Donald J Trump.

The birther news conference was a stroke of genius, even his enemies were giving him props.

Trump has tapped a very deep vein of resentment against the elites in this country.

He will win in a landslide.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
...One other thing. Notice how before Mr. Trump got into the presidential race, and for the 40 or so years he was engaged in building world-class iconic skyscrapers, no one ever accused him of being a bigger liar, cheater and scam artist -- which as everyone knows is where the real money in real estate is, you know nothing like risking your billion dollar empire on a small time bunko charge.

These Cruzers have lost their minds -- present company excepted (or is that accepted?).

Trump University:  It's worse than you think

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-university-its-worse-than-you-think

Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn't pay his bills

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

The Many Scandals of Donald Trump

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/donald-trump-scandals/474726/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2016, 02:31:17 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »
The birther news conference was a stroke of genius, even his enemies were giving him props.

Trump has tapped a very deep vein of resentment against the elites in this country.

He will win in a landslide.

LOL!   Hillary's back up 5 points in the NBC poll today. 

What Trump did with the birther news conference was cement in the minds of doubters (and blacks) that HE was the one who kept the issue alive for five years.  Then, on Sunday, his idiot campaign went on all the news shows and emphasized it, AGAIN!!! 

Last night, he trashed the US military, calling them on O'Reilly "The gang who couldn't shoot straight."

Gotta love that Donald. He can't stand not being in the headlines.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2016, 02:49:20 pm »
@sinkspur

The media can't save Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton has Parkinson's disease.

Hillary Clinton committed perjury.

Hillary Clinton is going to be indicted.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »
@sinkspur

...and yet with all that, Hillary Clinton could be elected president...with the help of #NeverTrump, unwittingly or, wittingly (your call) working in concert with the Democrats.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2016, 03:14:47 pm »
@sinkspur

I don't care. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2016, 03:16:45 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:41 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2016, 03:25:01 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axel

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »
I saw this yesterday.
It was a twitter post with several headlines.
The same media that came out with story after story about how Cruz and Rubio would both be worse than Trump during the primaries, is now coming out saying how bad Trump worse than Hillary.
Coincidence?
No, it was a set up.
They knew Cruz and Rubio would win the general and Trump was their best chance to lose against her.

Trump won an absolute majority of delegates, not a plurality.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:57:30 pm by Axel »
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »

Yes, DELEGATES - not votes of the people, and only after the McConnell/Ryan/Priebus manipulation of the rules and delegates.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2016, 05:33:03 pm »
@sinkspur

To reply to all your assertions in order, they very possibly can save her; probably; definitely; and won't ever happen.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2016, 05:40:17 pm »
Coincidence?
No, it was a set up.

@GrouchoTex
I halfway agree with this, but I don't think it was the media that destroyed Rubio.  That was done by other Republican candidates and the focus on the gang of 8 (again, by conservatives) that did that.  As soon as Rubio got the lead in the establishment lane, Jeb, Christie, and the others made it their mission to take him out, and they succeeded.  That wasn't the media -- that was a GOP circular firing squad.

It's more true with respect to Cruz because the media really didn't like him.  But again, I think a good candidate can appeal directly to the people despite what the press says.  And I think that was especially true in this primary season with such incredibly high viewership of the primary debates.  Cruz had the chance to make his case to the mass of GOP primary voters many times, and the truth was he just lacked the charisma/appeal.  I think he needs to improve that if he wants to win the nomination in the future.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:45:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2016, 05:44:19 pm »
I've been saying for awhile that Cruz is going to have to decide if he's a Republican anymore. The party in terms of conservatism is pretty much dead these days.

If Ted has the ability to win enough votes someday to become President, then he will first have to master how to win enough votes in the primary to take the GOP in a more conservative direction.   Leaving the party is basically saying "those voters don't like me, and I can't win them over", and if you're tossing out all those folks, plus all those who lean Democrat, whatever conservative shreds are left outside aren't going to be enough to win anything.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2016, 06:13:45 pm »

He'll do it again in about six weeks too. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2016, 06:25:32 pm »
Delegates? yes, he did.
Votes? A plurality.

Offline Axel

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2016, 07:01:05 pm »
Yes, DELEGATES - not votes of the people, and only after the McConnell/Ryan/Priebus manipulation of the rules and delegates.

Delegates are what matter, so you're crying over process.

Cruz supporters thought they could deny Trump a majority of delegates and thereby "manipulate the rules" to unbind delegates. But Trump won a majority, not a plurality (as I originally said), and that motion failed. Pointing out that he didn't win a plurality of primary votes is not germaine. Whining over process did not help Al Gore win the Presidency either.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Axel

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2016, 07:10:18 pm »
Delegates? yes, he did.
Votes? A plurality.

Right. But it was his absolute majority of delegates that won him the nomination, not his plurality of votes.

DNC on the other hand only requires a simple majority of delegates. I would rather stick with what we have.