Author Topic: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....  (Read 44059 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2016, 09:17:09 pm »
I'll make you a deal!

You get the Trump safe spaces eliminated entirely and we HAVE a deal!  Such things have no place on adult forums in the first place and YOU know it!

I AGREE with you TOTALLY!  "Safe Spaces" are absurd.  I am not a "regular" here, but I will make the request: "Please, @mystery-ak, do away with the nonsense of "Trump Safe Spaces."  Open the forum to honest discussion on all fronts.  A "safe space" for the GOP Nominee team of Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence is not needed in a forum of mature and honest members. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2016, 09:19:17 pm »
One more time .... everyone is welcome to read, lurk, post on the Election Forum.  All that is asked is that the posters remember this is a section where folks stop by to find out about the Republican ticket's campaign without having to put on hip boots and wade through Animal House. 

In a rational world, the sequence would be reversed and there would be an "Anti-Trump Only" section for those actively praying for a Republican defeat to rant against and ridicule the Republican nominee to their hearts' content.

But for now, the Election Section is the part of this forum that openly supports the Trump/Pence ticket and its victory in November.  So, comment on the topic and be respectful--even in disagreement-- of the Republican nominee and fellow forum members supporting his victory.  Leave Animal House behind when you join us in the Election Forum and you will be more than welcome.

Doable?
Thanks @Right_in_Virginia . That means a lot to me, I appreciate it. 

@katzenjammer Thanks for your post. You put a lot of work into trying to keep us from tearing each other to ribbons and that's got to count for something. I'll keep the gloves on and follow the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

:beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2016, 09:19:29 pm »
Here, let me say it, TRUMP is not perfect, TRUMP is foolhardy in many of his pronouncements...  TRUMP means well but makes mistakes, many of them....  but tell me in your heart of hearts, Earl, do you want the EVIL of HRC at the helm, or an imperfect American, warts and all?

HELL no! And I'm am offended that you would stoop to asking such a question of me!

I have already stated to you and everyone else here that I believe Trump to be nothing more than a Clinton Crime Syndicate stooge and the ploy has worked WONDERFULLY well for them!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2016, 09:19:32 pm »
Damn straight, Bigun!

And we ought to be able to talk about stuff, no matter how contentious, without resorting to distractions, personal attacks, etc. Defend yourselves. Defend your statements. Answer the damn question or leave it alone.

Good man (man?)!

AMEN!  See.... there is no need to seek a "fight," the vast majority of this membership seeks what you seek.... OPEN and HONEST discussion!  Be a part of the SOLUTION, not a part of the problem!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »
I AGREE with you TOTALLY!  "Safe Spaces" are absurd.  I am not a "regular" here, but I will make the request: "Please, @mystery-ak, do away with the nonsense of "Trump Safe Spaces."  Open the forum to honest discussion on all fronts.  A "safe space" for the GOP Nominee team of Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence is not needed in a forum of mature and honest members.

Thank you!

NOW we have a point to work forward from!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2016, 09:23:35 pm »

I hate it too...it was never my idea and have tried to get rid of it...sorry R4 insists it stays...you have the rest of the forum.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2016, 09:24:33 pm »
HELL no! And I'm am offended that you would stoop to asking such a question of me!

I have already stated to you and everyone else here that I believe Trump to be nothing more than a Clinton Crime Syndicate stooge and the ploy has worked WONDERFULLY well for them!

Please do not be offended... you KNOW that was a rhetorical question!  But, you and I disagree....  I do not see Mr. Trump as the same piece of the cyanide pie...  it is OK, you and I have earned the right to disagree.... as gentlemen do....  especially within the confines of THIS forum...  you know more than I do, this is a special place.... let's continue to treat it as such...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2016, 09:28:15 pm »
Two things:

1. Doesn't it bother you to be so damned boring? You try to condescend ["Welcome to the Party, pal!"], you say stuff like, "Just because an unfamiliar avatar shows up professing ignorance?". Oh. My. Gosh! Can you just stop trying to demean/diminish anyone who isn't in your fraternity?

2. THEN you said, "Primaries are over.   Get on board or not.   I DON'T CARE!". I hope you'll pardon my guffaw, but aren't you the one posting the Cruz gifs and slamming Cruz supporters and  making a big deal over the fact that Cruz lost?

Methinks you DO care. Methinks (and manyofusthinks) that you protest too much.

Regards,

C

I'm 70.   I've no more patience.

When presented with a choice involving Hillary Clinton and ANYBODY else for POTUS, the realistic choice should be crystal clear.

Me?  I was lucky enough and have sufficient life and people experience to have picked the winner over a year ago.

Them?   Not so much.    And that, sir, is the crux.   They're sore losers.  They put their own sanctimony and selfish so-called "principles" above their children and/or grandchildren.

Anybody who can't see that...no matter where we are in the process... is too ignorant to vote and furthermore, too willfully blind to engage in any serious manner.

And BTW....I never posted any gif of Ted Cruz.   Perhaps it was another Trump supporter.

....it's not like there's so many, that you can't keep them straight, right?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2016, 09:29:34 pm »
Well, I'm not going to argue with the "smart" part,  ^-^ ...

Me, either!!

And I am still confused about the point of your thread.   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia, come on...you know what I mean. If I go anywhere that's not an echo chamber and have questions or criticisms of Trump, I'm attacked. So, I've got to either go away or fight back.

I've decided to fight. And I don't mean by being ugly or personal. I mean that I'll require an answer to my question/criticism. And I'll require proof of any accusations/allegations against me.

Surely, as a Trump supporter, you understand the need to fight back. And surely, as smart and aware as you are, you see people with questions about Trump being attacked rather than answered.

It's simple, really. That's all it is. I came on here saying that I'm expecting a fight. I'm expecting it from rabid [maybe not you...don't know] Trump supporters. There might be SOME debate about substance, but largely it's attacks or attempts to discredit the one who posits the question.

Do me a favor. Read over this thread. Tell me how often a Trump supporter agreed with my (I think) reasonable request for conversation about my [our] questions/criticisms about Trump and how often the response have nothing to do with it. And how often there are questions about my validity, who I support, how long I've been posting, etc.?

You're smart. We all agree. And you're fair. Some agree. [joke]

But can you read this thread and see exemplars of what I'm talking about? And no fair bringing up Cruz/Jeb/Perry/etc. supporters. Just about the Trump-specific stuff.

Let me know what you come up with and we'll see if we differ.
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2016, 09:30:17 pm »
I hate it too...it was never my idea and have tried to get rid of it...sorry R4 insists it stays...you have the rest of the forum.

Get rid of it!  It is un-necessary... let there be honest disagreement, let there be hurt feelings....   let adults share an open and honest forum...  YOU worked too hard and too long to let it degrade into anything but that....  Mr. Trump is the GOP Nominee... Mr. Pence is his VP partner...  love them or hate them, (or see them as the imperfect vessels that 2016 has foist upon us all), let the debate be open, let the debate be HONEST, let the best men win....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2016, 09:30:44 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia, I know you're smart. Everyone here knows you're smart. And we all know you're part owner of this site.
C
@Chasaway
@Bigun

RIV is NOT a part owner.  She is only a moderator on political threads and I'm not sure that includes ALL threads or just the sanctified Trump threads where non Trumpers are not allowed to post.  She and they like their privacy but they feel free to come to free speech threads and post mostly drivel and personal attacks.

Wingnut

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2016, 09:31:52 pm »

@katzenjammer Thanks for your post. You put a lot of work into trying to keep us from tearing each other to ribbons and that's got to count for something. I'll keep the gloves on and follow the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Don't be going all soft on me now boy!.  Now get back in there and kick some tail.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:05 pm »
@Chasaway
@Bigun

RIV is NOT a part owner.  She is only a moderator on political threads and I'm not sure that includes ALL threads or just the sanctified Trump threads where non Trumpers are not allowed to post.  She and they like their privacy but they feel free to come to free speech threads and post mostly drivel and personal attacks.

Thanks! I know that but apparently someone was confused about it and has since been corrected several times.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:08 pm »
Get rid of it!  It is un-necessary... let there be honest disagreement, let there be hurt feelings....   let adults share an open and honest forum...  YOU worked too hard and too long to let it degrade into anything but that....  Mr. Trump is the GOP Nominee... Mr. Pence is his VP partner...  love them or hate them, (or see them as the imperfect vessels that 2016 has foist upon us all), let the debate be open, let the debate be HONEST, let the best men win....

you're preaching to the choir and talking to the wrong person..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:51 pm »
Oh. See! Once again I prove that what I know is lots different than what is so.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is Moderator correct, then?

C

She was asked to be mod in TCG. Then was put as mod in the section some of you don't like. She is attacked all the time. Yet no other mod here that I have seen or owner stops the vile remarks about her.  That is all. Carry on.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2016, 09:40:39 pm »

@mystery-ak

'There's an elephant in the room, Myst.   You're left with so few pro-Trump posters .... most of them leaving because it really has become Animal House in the Politics Forum.  There's no discussion, there are bullies and insults and when that fails, graphics that are intentionally demeaning to Trump and his supporters flood a thread.  Just look at the thread you posted on Melania Trump.

Here's the elephant, Myst:  Is this or is this not a site that supports the Republican nominee for President?

If yes, give the NeverTrumps a sub forum (like the TCG) to rant and express their alternate opinions.  If no, then knowing the nevertrump players, the expectation of respectful dialogue in a unified forum is unsustainable.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2016, 09:43:25 pm »
@Chasaway
@Bigun

YOU, Marcella, need to be dealt with.

1. There are NO "Trump threads" (see my post above).  EVERYONE is permitted and encouraged to post on ALL thread (within the stated and implied rules of this forum).
2. It is a public forum, there are NO private areas. Every member is permitted to post in every thread within the forum.  Making a long time member of this forum, @Right_in_Virginia, a topic of discussion is not only outside of the rules, but is a distinctly poor showing of decorum.

RiV donates her time to this forum to provide a great deal of information and facts about the GOP Nominees, Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, your backhanded swipes at her are not only out of line, but display a sad malevolence toward the only men that can prevent an HRC presidency.  Are you with us, or against us?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2016, 09:44:37 pm »
@mystery-ak

'There's an elephant in the room, Myst.   You're left with so few pro-Trump posters .... most of them leaving because it really has become Animal House in the Politics Forum.  There's no discussion, there are bullies and insults and when that fails, graphics that are intentionally demeaning to Trump and his supporters flood a thread.  Just look at the thread you posted on Melania Trump.

Here's the elephant, Myst:  Is this or is this not a site that supports the Republican nominee for President?

If yes, give the NeverTrumps a sub forum (like the TCG) to rant and express their alternate opinions.  If no, then knowing the nevertrump players, the expectation of respectful dialogue in a unified forum is unsustainable.

Baloney! If pro Trump posters have left it is because of their thin skins only and their inability to support their positions with anything other than wishful thinking and pure emotion!

There is no need for safe spaces of ANY sort on this or any other forum on the internet!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:46:16 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2016, 09:46:48 pm »

From this point on, whenever I think of Davey Crockett, I will always think of you and your daughters!  Hold true to your stance, as if you need the praise!  Your are a fair dealer Cowboy, thank you for that!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2016, 09:48:13 pm »

1. There are NO "Trump threads" (see my post above).  EVERYONE is permitted and encouraged to post on ALL thread (within the stated and implied rules of this forum).
2. It is a public forum, there are NO private areas. Every member is permitted to post in every thread within the forum.  Making a long time member of this forum, @Right_in_Virginia, a topic of discussion is not only outside of the rules, but is a distinctly poor showing of decorum.

RiV donates her time to this forum to provide a great deal of information and facts about the GOP Nominees, Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, your backhanded swipes at her are not only out of line, but display a sad malevolence toward the only men that can prevent an HRC presidency.  Are you with us, or against us?

This is no backhanded swipe! RIV has behaved VERY badly as a moderator IMHO!  VERY badly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2016, 09:50:02 pm »

You're welcome, @Idaho_Cowboy   :beer:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2016, 09:50:18 pm »
Baloney! If pro Trump posters have left it is because of their thin skins only and their inability to support their positions with anything other than wishful thinking and pure emotion!

There is no need for safe spaces of ANY sort on this or any other forum on the internet!

Amen, Mr. Earl!  Let the chips fall where they may, the stakes are too high for game playing! 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2016, 09:50:44 pm »

Victoria33 posted straight out that she's voting for Hillary Clinton.

IMO, that renders whatever the hell she has to say on the subject, irrelevant.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »
This is no backhanded swipe! RIV has behaved VERY badly as a moderator IMHO!  VERY badly!
That is not true. She is going out of her way to do what a owner wants her to do. Don't give RiV grief because of that. She is just doing what she was asked to do.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »
I vehemently disagree!  (It is good that we are having this conversation, no?)....   She had been carrying a task as assigned by the ownership.

We can debate the wisdom of the task, but let us never disparage the person that does her duty!  Agreed?