Author Topic: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....  (Read 43938 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2016, 08:32:36 pm »
We must have the same Ignore Line-up. :beer:

I hope I'm on that ignore list. I really hate being left out of stuff.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2016, 08:34:45 pm »
Here is your quote that I responded to with the question what are you fighting for:

How about you figure out what/who you're fighting with/for and then let me know .  You seem to be rather confused.   :whistle:

@Right_in_Virginia, I know you're smart. Everyone here knows you're smart. And we all know you're part owner of this site. And you have our respect.

And we also all know when you wish, you have teeth and claws. Good for you.

But if you're as smart as we think you are, then you can read what I wrote and work it all out.

Everyone else on here knows what I'm saying. And if you try, you will too.

C
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2016, 08:36:59 pm »
Replying to a new friend Mr. @Idaho_Cowboy and an old friend, @Bigun, I reject that premise on its face (prima facia) for the elite amongst us).  I implore you both, take Mr. Trump to task where he is in error.  Spell out the mistakes that he has made (your list most likely coincides with mine!).  Take it INTO the threads of that area, my Friend, Right_in_Virginina, is fair minded to a fault.  I can guarantee that your reasonable questions and concerns will be provided all due respect!!!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »
Might that be because many pro-Trump people are so damned awful to anyone who has questions/criticisms? Might it be that this is one way they can get their thoughts out?

Or no?

I'm sorry, but if you deny the way folks who aren't all in for Trump are treated on TOS and even here at times, your filter's broken.

And some of us aren't. Is it just as okay for those who aren't as it is for those who are? I mean if you're "just for the nominee" and others are working for something they think might be better?

Maybe?

"Welcome to the Party, pal!"

The point is that we've been arguing/defending/promoting with the founding #nevertrumps in here since July, 2015.  How long is this crap to continue?

No!   Just because an unfamiliar avatar shows up professing ignorance?   

NO!

We're not going back.  We're marching forward.    :laugh:

Primaries are over.   Get on board or not.   I DON'T CARE!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2016, 08:38:35 pm »
Blah blah blah...

#NeverTrump: When sanctimony meets stupid.
Okay, I'll play, nice to meet you stupid how are you?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »
Okay, I'll play, nice to meet you stupid how are you?

Nicely played.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2016, 08:44:19 pm »
"Welcome to the Party, pal!"

The point is that we've been arguing/defending/promoting with the founding #nevertrumps in here since July, 2015.  How long is this crap to continue?

No!   Just because an unfamiliar avatar shows up professing ignorance?   

NO!

We're not going back.  We're marching forward.    :laugh:

Primaries are over.   Get on board or not.   I DON'T CARE!

Two things:

1. Doesn't it bother you to be so damned boring? You try to condescend ["Welcome to the Party, pal!"], you say stuff like, "Just because an unfamiliar avatar shows up professing ignorance?". Oh. My. Gosh! Can you just stop trying to demean/diminish anyone who isn't in your fraternity?

2. THEN you said, "Primaries are over.   Get on board or not.   I DON'T CARE!". I hope you'll pardon my guffaw, but aren't you the one posting the Cruz gifs and slamming Cruz supporters and  making a big deal over the fact that Cruz lost?

Methinks you DO care. Methinks (and manyofusthinks) that you protest too much.

Regards,

C

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »
It's Mr. Chasaway. And thanks for your sensitivity. And it will be "MISTER" to anyone who wants to reply to me from now on.

JOKING! But I am a guy.

Now, in response to your post:

1. You ask "Why?". My answer to that is, I am required to if I want to ask questions about Trump. Because, I WILL be confronted. And it WON'T be about the substance. And I am no longer going to be distracted by the specious, fatuous things said that are not on point. This is a discussion about the potential commander-in-chief, President of my country. And if I want to ask questions or express criticisms/concerns about said candidate, I'm gonna fight anyone who wishes to attack me/my character/my whatever instead of answering. That tactic is nothing but squid ink. And if they want to play in the field of ideas, they should lose if they possess none.

2. You misunderstand my position. I don't think anyone on here knows who I support/don't support for President (other than a lack of support for Hillary). My fight is for the discussion. I despise those who attempt to bully and bluster their way through a debate/discussion. And I intend to call them on it. You spent a hella lot of words counseling me. You might should spend the same effort trying to understand what I'm saying. I don't care what anyone thinks of my choice(s). I care immensely about the debate.

3. You say,"There is no reason to look for a 'fight' of any sort at this point in time." And I say there is no more important time to be willing to fight.

Once more...I a'int trying to start it, but by gum I intend to finish it.

I will no longer allow attacks directed at me instead of my position. And I will call them out and expect them to be defended.

But, thanks for your counsel.

Whatever you meant.

I can only say to you, "ask away!"  YOUR questions and concerns are valid to the point that they need not be questioned!  Only bear this in mind, our Moderator, @Right_in_Virginia, is beyond reproach in her dignity and scholarship; please respect her intellect.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2016, 08:44:47 pm »
Replying to a new friend Mr. @Idaho_Cowboy and an old friend, @Bigun, I reject that premise on its face (prima facia) for the elite amongst us).  I implore you both, take Mr. Trump to task where he is in error.  Spell out the mistakes that he has made (your list most likely coincides with mine!).  Take it INTO the threads of that area, my Friend, Right_in_Virginina, is fair minded to a fault.  I can guarantee that your reasonable questions and concerns will be provided all due respect!!!

Then you are mistaken!  We DO exactly as you suggest but only in the areas we are allowed to do it! The Trump safe zones have been purposefully put off limits to us by a certain moderator there who will delete, modify, or take down entire threads simply because SHE doesn't like what has been said on them or in them.  And it has happened MORE than once! MANY more in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »
I'm sorry to have to inform my GOOD friend that the portion of your post I quoted has been repeatedly proven to be patently untrue!

PLEASE!

YOU, of all people know that to be patently untrue. 

Please come in to those threads....  share with ALL of us your sound wisdom and experience.  YOU are not a troll, YOU do not take cheap shots.  Give us your sound wisdom, give it to us in the manner that people of GOP BR have always done in the past.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
Only bear this in mind, our Moderator, @Right_in_Virginia, is beyond reproach in her dignity and scholarship; please respect her intellect.

What? What does that mean? Have you read all of my posts?

And do you mean to say that her opinions are above questioning/debating?

C

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2016, 08:50:49 pm »
Umm, no. A, B, and 2 are false. You can ask @Right_in_Virginia about that section, but anything that is not glowing praise of Trump. Even the occasional non Trump focused post of discussion with other members is either redacted re-educated or nuked.

One more time .... everyone is welcome to read, lurk, post on the Election Forum.  All that is asked is that the posters remember this is a section where folks stop by to find out about the Republican ticket's campaign without having to put on hip boots and wade through Animal House. 

In a rational world, the sequence would be reversed and there would be an "Anti-Trump Only" section for those actively praying for a Republican defeat to rant against and ridicule the Republican nominee to their hearts' content.

But for now, the Election Section is the part of this forum that openly supports the Trump/Pence ticket and its victory in November.  So, comment on the topic and be respectful--even in disagreement-- of the Republican nominee and fellow forum members supporting his victory.  Leave Animal House behind when you join us in the Election Forum and you will be more than welcome.

Doable?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:53:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2016, 08:53:37 pm »
PLEASE!

YOU, of all people know that to be patently untrue. 

Please come in to those threads....  share with ALL of us your sound wisdom and experience.  YOU are not a troll, YOU do not take cheap shots.  Give us your sound wisdom, give it to us in the manner that people of GOP BR have always done in the past.

Do you not understand that I HAVE attempted to do that repeatedly and was REJECTED every single time!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:56:18 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »
What? What does that mean? Have you read all of my posts?

And do you mean to say that her opinions are above questioning/debating?

C

I'm sorry friend, I have not the occasion to read all/some of your posts.  All that I offer, in sincerity and kindness, to you, is that RiV is a straight shooter, she does not play games, and will never lie to you.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2016, 08:56:22 pm »
I'm sorry friend, I have not the occasion to read all/some of your posts.  All that I offer, in sincerity and kindness, to you, is that RiV is a straight shooter, she does not play games, and will never lie to you.

Thanks for the response, brother/sister!

And that's all I ask. I know @Right_in_Virginia can be a handful...formidable. And I like that!

And I appreciate your endorsement of her.

Regards...

C

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »
Do you not understand that I HAVE attempted to do that repeatedly and was REJECTED every single time!

Please, friend.  A new day has dawned (if the past days were murky).  Come and set forth YOUR wisdom; YOU are a senior member here, YOU contribute wisdom and scholarship (always).  Give her a chance if you have felt less than honored in the past.  As much as it may count for now (in this topsy turvy world), I vouch for your wisdom and scholarship.  Speak your mind, forthrightly and with the dignity that your place has earned.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2016, 09:01:02 pm »
Nicely played.

Well, I am a natural wiseass, some would say just the hole really. My greatness weakness has always been not being able to keep from pulling the trigger when someone tee's up a perfect target.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2016, 09:04:43 pm »
Please, friend.  A new day has dawned (if the past days were murky).  Come and set forth YOUR wisdom; YOU are a senior member here, YOU contribute wisdom and scholarship (always).  Give her a chance if you have felt less than honored in the past.  As much as it may count for now (in this topsy turvy world), I vouch for your wisdom and scholarship.  Speak your mind, forthrightly and with the dignity that your place has earned.

I'll make you a deal!

You get the Trump safe spaces eliminated entirely and we HAVE a deal!  Such things have no place on adult forums in the first place and YOU know it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2016, 09:06:14 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia, I know you're smart. Everyone here knows you're smart. And we all know you're part owner of this site. And you have our respect.

And we also all know when you wish, you have teeth and claws. Good for you.

But if you're as smart as we think you are, then you can read what I wrote and work it all out.

Everyone else on here knows what I'm saying. And if you try, you will too.

C

I don't think RIV is anything here other than the moderator of the We-Love-Trump threads.  And, a frequent commenter too, of course.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:09 pm »

RIV is not part owner of TBR....I and R4 TrumPence are
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »
Then you are mistaken!  We DO exactly as you suggest but only in the areas we are allowed to do it! The Trump safe zones have been purposefully put off limits to us by a certain moderator there who will delete, modify, or take down entire threads simply because SHE doesn't like what has been said on them or in them.  And it has happened MORE than once! MANY more in fact!

If you can find it in your heart (not only for RiV, but more so for Nancy and the long term members of this forum), give her (and Nancy) another chance....  please put forth your objections as YOU SEE THEM, only be respectful that your objections may not be universally shared).

Here, let me say it, TRUMP is not perfect, TRUMP is foolhardy in many of his pronouncements...  TRUMP means well but makes mistakes, many of them....  but tell me in your heart of hearts, Earl, do you want the EVIL of HRC at the helm, or an imperfect American, warts and all?

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2016, 09:08:05 pm »
Such things have no place on adult forums in the first place and YOU know it!

Damn straight, Bigun!

And we ought to be able to talk about stuff, no matter how contentious, without resorting to distractions, personal attacks, etc. Defend yourselves. Defend your statements. Answer the damn question or leave it alone.

Good man (man?)!

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »

Oh. See! Once again I prove that what I know is lots different than what is so.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is Moderator correct, then?

C

Wingnut

« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »

You keep saying that.  But it keeps popping up.  So it must be true. RiV is a closet owner.   Yeah Yeah.  That's the ticket.   :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2016, 09:17:03 pm »

Well, I'm not going to argue with the "smart" part,  ^-^ ... but I am going to argue with the part owner part.  I am not.

And I am still confused about the point of your thread.   :shrug: