Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?  (Read 15410 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:31 pm »
Nothing Rush does will ever matter to his brainless, idiot listeners. They're worse than liberals IMO.

Except that Rush has lost a lot of regular listeners due to his revelation that he's not a conservative after all.

They aren't all idiots.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:39 pm »
Yes. I think, like Drudge and others, he recognized that Trump was better for business.  Not only would he get more audience for the Fall, but a Trump presidency would always provide more fodder to chew on each day.  And if Trump lost, the audience will want to tune in for therapy as Hillary will be the person they love to hate.

Rush knows that he screwed the pouch this time and his show yesterday is all the proof anyone should ever need!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 08:22:16 pm »
First off, Limbaugh has always had a policy of not endorsing and remaining more-or-less neutral in primaries.

Second, Limbaugh and Trump go back several years, especially when Trump donated to Limbaugh's radiothons for lymphoma.

If Rush had been in the tank for Trump as some here have claimed, you'd know it. You would've heard the "Lyin' Ted" meme and innuendo given a platform on Rush's show. He didn't do that—thankfully. Considering Trump's donations, that's something that is a pleasant surprise.

So criticize him all you want for not standing up to Trump as much as he should have, but he was far from being in the tank for Trump. Now, Sean Hannity, on the other hand? He's in the tank for Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:53 pm »
My two cents.  In the beginning of primary season, Limbaugh claimed to be unbiased and for a short while he was.  He was at first appalled by Trump's insults and accusations and he spoke highly of Cruz. When Cruz dropped out; Limbaugh started to sing a much different tune praising Trump and backing him. 

It started long before Cruz dropped out

Offline beandog

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »
First off, Limbaugh has always had a policy of not endorsing and remaining more-or-less neutral in primaries.

Second, Limbaugh and Trump go back several years, especially when Trump donated to Limbaugh's radiothons for lymphoma.

If Rush had been in the tank for Trump as some here have claimed, you'd know it. You would've heard the "Lyin' Ted" meme and innuendo given a platform on Rush's show. He didn't do that—thankfully. Considering Trump's donations, that's something that is a pleasant surprise.

So criticize him all you want for not standing up to Trump as much as he should have, but he was far from being in the tank for Trump. Now, Sean Hannity, on the other hand? He's in the tank for Trump.
Sean jumped out of the tank and up tRump's Rump a long time ago.  It's got to be really crowed up there by now.

Offline Axel

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »
Based on your replies to everyone else on this thread - nothing we provide you will matter or convince you, you are a True Believer.   So it will be a waste of time attempting to do so since we have already listed myriad fruits of those things Trump has already caused in terms of dividing Conservatives further and further apart, and you just discount it all.

You're right, opinions that are stated as fact without supporting evidence will not convince me. Your notion that Trump is secretly taking directives from the Clinton Camp and is intentionally trying to divide the conservatives is your unsubstantiated opinion. Likewise any suggestion that Trump is trying to "throw the election" is a great conspiracy -- but where's the evidence?

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

geronl

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:35 pm »

he only defended Trumps lies, not endorsed him

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 08:40:18 pm »

The problem is that Rush covered up Trump's liberalism, and that was tantamount to endorsing him.

If he hadn't wanted Trump to win the primary, he would have told the truth about him.

But he didn't.

So that's being "in the tank," whether he's a sicko like Hannity is, or not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 08:48:30 pm »
Rush may not have endorsed Trump, but he certainly legitimized him in the eyes of many who'd otherwise have dismissed him as a game show host. 

In that sense, Rush (and others like Hannity)  can be fairly blamed for Trump's rise and Clinton's election this November.

Yes.  About halfway through the primaries, Limbaugh came down with Trump brain-fever.

He could have shut down Roger Stone's slander machine.  He could have laid the facts out honestly - without even shilling for Cruz.  But you could see he was getting giggly seeing the mediuh react to Trump's crudity and impolitic responses.

You know what?  I liked that, too.  I had a reason for liking it; and those were not Trump's reasons for doing it.

I liked that, and Limbaugh no doubt liked that, and many conservatives liked that, because the mediuh in this country is a mental-hospital full of liars and sociopaths.  Living off the opportunity of a free society, they work 24/7 to DESTROY that free society, turn it into a Marxist hellhole.  So, yeah, my first impressions were good.

I'm honest enough with myself to admit when I'm wrong about first impressions.  Obviously Trump wasn't doing it because he hated the media; he was doing it because he liked making a spectacle and being outrageous.  He cannot tell between dissing media that deserves dissing; and slandering and destroying the reputation of competitor and challenger who is challenging on grounds of PRINCIPLES and POLITICAL PLANS.

And obviously Limbaugh doesn't have the ability to admit when HE was wrong; so he's doubling down...compounding it every step.  What would have been some egg on the face is now going to be the destruction of his career...and of America.

And it was an obvious early misjudgment - the difference between dishing out what is due and destroying a man's good name; his father's good name; the names of women who probably had nothing to do with the object of this destruction.  Even calling the man's citizenship into question.

It almost-certainly won't happen.  But it would be sweet revenge if Donnie the Tammany Bagman finds himself in office, overwhelmed, Impeached and on trial in the Senate.  With Cruz as the critical vote.

Sweet revenge.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:52:06 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 09:08:05 pm »
Beck and Levin are the only two worth listening to.  Both of them have stuck to their principles.  Both of them have their own shows.  Limbaugh and Hannity will join Trump network when it emerges and the three of them will try to convince their audience that they are the new voices of conservative talk radio.  I hope it flops quite frankly.

Beck is a NUT!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2016, 09:12:58 pm »

:thumbsup3:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »
Beck is a NUT!

He's a bit off center.  However, he's also principled, fearless and does some damned good research.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »
He's a bit off center.  However, he's also principled, fearless and does some damned good research.

Didn't he once weep openly saying to the world that he was going blind? What ever happened to that?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »
You're right, opinions that are stated as fact without supporting evidence will not convince me. Your notion that Trump is secretly taking directives from the Clinton Camp and is intentionally trying to divide the conservatives is your unsubstantiated opinion. Likewise any suggestion that Trump is trying to "throw the election" is a great conspiracy -- but where's the evidence?

The fruits speak for themselves.

You willfully ignore them.

But take heart - the near entirety of the country is infected with a fatal case of Normalcy Bias - and they refuse to see what is plainly self-evident also.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »

If Rush had been in the tank for Trump as some here have claimed, you'd know it. You would've heard the "Lyin' Ted" meme and innuendo given a platform on Rush's show.

For being the so-called 'Truth Detector', Rush never once said a word against Trump's blatant lies and smear campaign being waged against every other Conservative candidate in the race by Trump.  Not the outlandish stuff he said about Carson, Fiorina, Rubio or especially Cruz.    Rush actually got tickled about the fact that Trump's warfare politics of personal destruction of Conservatives did not affect his standing among his rabid followers - even when he media helped him trumpet those charges.  Levin was the only show host to caution Trump about doing so.  Limbaugh was absent and silent on that issue, and on issues where Trump was no different in his policies than Sanders or Clinton (i.e.: tariffs, planned parenthood, trade and the like).

No sir.  Rush tried to be subtle and appear as just an analyst, but he made it very clear to my ears whom he was actually pulling for.  His remarks to a woman caller BEFORE the convention is what finally put the nail in the coffin of my listening to his show ever again.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2016, 11:37:14 pm »
Didn't he once weep openly saying to the world that he was going blind? What ever happened to that?

I had to go look that up.  He apparently has macular corneal dystrophy which can, and in some cases does cause blindness.

http://www.mastereyeassociates.com/eye-care-news-blog/glenn-becks-eyes-macular-corneal-dystrophy

I'm not sure what point you were making.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:28 pm »
day after day he defended Trump from conservative callers, and he says he never took Trump seriously??

I kinda sympathize with Rush.  He knew Trump was full of crap, however, many of his listeners were too dumb to figure it out.  I noted Rush's constant drumbeat about how Trump's followers were going to support him no matter what.  How Trump had connected with them emotionally.  So, I think he he tried to walk the fence and ride it out.  Perhaps, with the hope that when the time came, they would finally listen to reason.  The time hasn't come, and now the GOP is stuck with an awful nominee in an easily winnable election.  And we could have had Ted Cruz.  Such a shame.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:55:58 pm by Eowyn »

Wingnut

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »

The nuns used to tell us that all the time.  May be he took the advice before he lost his vision and grew hair on his palms.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2016, 11:54:49 pm »

QFT. This is the point to make about this whole story. I don't listen to Rush often enough to know what he said over the course of the last year.  How critical was he of people like Kasich, Rubio, Bush, etc?  Did he ever point out times when he thought these people were lying, or inventing new narratives for themselves to bolster their support?  If he did for them, but not for Trump, I don't think that speaks well to Rush's character.

This really was a race between Cruz and Trump, the others were never factors.

Immigration was Trump's signal issue. It more than any other accounted for his success in the primaries.

If Rush knew Trump was misleading voters on this issue yet didn't tell his listeners, especially when the other candidate, whom Rush (the 'doctor of democracy') himself said was the real conservative of the two, was still a viable option then this is all I need to know about Rush Limbaugh.

Also, Rush's reaction the morning after Cruz's convention speech was instructive. He was as indignant as Hannity, he just reigned himself in sooner. It seems that someone who claims to hold the Constitution and individual freedom so dear would not have reacted to Cruz's words in that manner.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:44 am »

I fully expect Levin will cave again.  Yes. AGAIN.

Perhaps.  I have not yet heard him tell anyone that in order to stop Hillary we must vote Trump.  I've heard him state repeatedly that Conservatives do not have anyone running to represent them this election (he is still stuck on dismissing a 3rd party as having any viable chance.

When it was time for him to stand up and say no to Romney, the father of Obamacare, Gay marriage and numerous laws on abortion, Mr. Conservative barked like a moonbat and told his audience to vote for the POS in a very Robinsonian manner.

I remember.  The 'we must stop Obama no matter what' rant.   

I am willing to lend some grace as he is the only talk radio host I have heard who actually has stuck to his stated principles - and repeated over and over that Trump is no Conservative.  That may change tomorrow - but thusfar, Levin seems resigned to the fate we must suffer, albeit he still pins hopes on an article V convention.

I remain unmoved because the lawless Ruling Class are not going to abide any laws they are not the author of.

We have already lost the Constitution and the Republic, Levin is the only media person who has alluded to that fact.    Attacking the last Apologist for Conservatism in media over his past mistakes of going with the sh*t sandwich and encouraging others to take a bite has so far not materialized yet.  Levin has stated he "may end up" voting for Trump, but it will not be out of any love for the candidate or respect for his positions.  That's still better than the propaganda being flung from everyone else on talk radio. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:22:00 am by INVAR »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2016, 12:55:12 am »
Levin has stated he "may end up" voting for Trump,

That is ALL anyone needs to know about the man. He preaches conservatism one day and then admits he 'may' vote for the man that has all but destroyed it as a viable force the next. Think about it Invar, thats like Washington saying he 'may' side with King George when the Redcoats land because the alternative would be bad.

The mere fact he holds such a possibility in his head is proof positive that his conservatism is on par with the other talking heads. And thats why he's not to be trusted. These are his words and actions. I didn't make them up. He did.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2016, 02:04:22 am »

The evidence is the whole of his behavior.

Instead of moving forward with positive proposals and plans, Trump, after the convention, used his moment in the limelight to beat up conservatives and Cruz - and to blow kisses to the SOCIALISTS who back Bern-knee. 

He rejects conservatives' views and desires - and he insults us with his slanders of our chosen candidate.  Cruz didn't win; we get that.  But Cruz was NOT AN ISSUE...AFTER the convention, even less than DURING the convention.  Making an @ss of himself by repeating Stone's brainless slanders about Rafael Cruz...IT IS AN INSULT TO OUR INTELLIGENCE.

That kind of j@ck@ss, we do NOT need as President - much less as candidate of "our" party.  I'm supposed to overlook this?  The insult, to intellect and to integrity; the repugnance of his trying to out-Free the Free D Party; the REFUSAL to discuss serious issues - less TWO SPEECHES, good speeches, which annoyed him so much he fired the people who pressured him to make them.

HE IS A CLOWN.  His whole behavior for ten months, shows he's nothing but a clown.

Good luck trying to push him on the nation.  You have the Free S__t Army; and the RINOs who're annoyed their Prince, Shrub, didn't get handed the tiara.  Conservatives COULD have sucked it up...but Trump and his big stupid mouth made that impossible.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:05:49 am by JustPassinThru »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:23 am »
For being the so-called 'Truth Detector', Rush never once said a word against Trump's blatant lies and smear campaign being waged against every other Conservative candidate in the race by Trump.  Not the outlandish stuff he said about Carson, Fiorina, Rubio or especially Cruz.    Rush actually got tickled about the fact that Trump's warfare politics of personal destruction of Conservatives did not affect his standing among his rabid followers - even when he media helped him trumpet those charges.  Levin was the only show host to caution Trump about doing so.  Limbaugh was absent and silent on that issue, and on issues where Trump was no different in his policies than Sanders or Clinton (i.e.: tariffs, planned parenthood, trade and the like).

No sir.  Rush tried to be subtle and appear as just an analyst, but he made it very clear to my ears whom he was actually pulling for.  His remarks to a woman caller BEFORE the convention is what finally put the nail in the coffin of my listening to his show ever again.

Exactly, he didn't fool me either.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2016, 03:41:18 am »
That is ALL anyone needs to know about the man. He preaches conservatism one day and then admits he 'may' vote for the man that has all but destroyed it as a viable force the next. Think about it Invar, thats like Washington saying he 'may' side with King George when the Redcoats land because the alternative would be bad.

The mere fact he holds such a possibility in his head is proof positive that his conservatism is on par with the other talking heads. And thats why he's not to be trusted. These are his words and actions. I didn't make them up. He did.

Look, Levin has done more to articulate the principles of Conservatism and discuss them and make them available FREE on his site to anyone.  Outside of his books - which of themselves are excellent articulations of the Founding principles and the Left's efforts to destroy them, Levin has done a hell of a lot more for the Conservative movement than you or I ever have, and whether we would rather he not vote for the liberal with the 'R' after his name does not diminish his contributions - or his current bashing of Trump for what he really is.  He IS the ONLY GUY out there doing it - and doing it using historical lessons and illustrations of Conservative principles articulated by everyone from Locke to Reagan to illustrate how far Left Trump really is - and that his 'make America Great again' is just a sham and con.

Sure, in this age and time it is foolish to trust ANY man.  Levin still has to maintain an audience and lure advertisers, but unlike the rest he has not thusfar sold them out completely to push Trump on us.

You and I can speculate he is still a stooge to the party, but I discern that is no longer the case.  He gives me the impression he would like to say that Trump will do less damage than Hildabeast and thus justify his voting for him, but he honestly cannot do that given how Trump continues to behave and articulate Leftist principles and policies that are even to the Left of Hillary. Levin has fielded myriad calls from neverTrumps who told him they absolutely cannot vote for Trump under any circumstance - and rather than massage and deflect, Levin has always said he understands why and does not blame them for their choice.  He did blast one nut who told him he was going to vote for Hillary instead.  But those who said they are going to vote Castle or 3rd party - Levin has been pretty gracious to them.

If levin can be persuaded, he may be the best voice the Constitution party has to establish itself and viability in the future in terms of building itself as a home for Conservatism.

I think writing off Levin at this point is premature, and possibly throwing away a vehicle to help articulate the need for Conservatives to exodus en masse from the GOP.  We may disagree on this point - but I'm willing to wait and see, and I'm willing to be wrong.  There is no one else left with hard credentials to give us a voice who has not completely betrayed us, pandered to the Left or is bat guano crazy.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2016, 04:27:44 am »
You and I can speculate he is still a stooge to the party, but I discern that is no longer the case.

Then perhaps you forgot that he threatened on at least two seperate occasions he was 'that close' to leaving the GOP.

The GOP them passed a couple dozen of the worst  policies Obama demanded, then attacked Ted Cruz, Then nominated Donald "I donated to Bloomberg, Killary and various liberal causes" Trump.

I used to refer to that on FR as "The Galactic inch" because he seems to have a pretty LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng measurement for 'That close". And that was BEFORE the Cruz/Trump idiocy by the GOP.

He's still there because he refuses to stand behind the words he speaks. That is yet another bit of proof positive that he is no different than the rest. I'm sorry Invar. He has said and done many good things in the past. But he has helped empower this evil. He had the chance, repeatedly to stand up and he has done nothing but cave in. Thats the unfortunate history.