Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?  (Read 15410 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 05:02:25 pm »
This is the first segment of Rush that I have listened too in a very long time, maybe as long as a year or so.  Yes, he is as intellectually dishonest as many others who are willing to sell their principles down the river, so long as their team wins.  He almost admits as much to this caller.

You're right, he does.  And I wonder what this means.  Is he admitting that he never really stood for anything that he claimed to, or is he admitting that he's sold his soul to the highest bidder, and a golf buddy?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline CSM

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »
You're right, he does.  And I wonder what this means.  Is he admitting that he never really stood for anything that he claimed to, or is he admitting that he's sold his soul to the highest bidder, and a golf buddy?

If it is the latter, then it really means the former.  Either answer means that he didn't really stood for anything that he claimed to be his principles.  Principles ONLY matter in tough times. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 05:12:40 pm »
The bishops, cardinals and the pope of Conservative Talk Radio have all gone apostate (excepting Levin) on the very principles they preached that made up Reagan Conservatism.

They all got arrogant of their own power, their own ego - and like the corrupt pontiffs of old - thought they could just up and change the doctrines of the faith and create whole new allegiances and reasons to support Liberalism, as long as it punishes those they deem deserve it.

Like everything else in the country right now, apostasy of our foundations, our foundational principles, our foundational religious heritage, our foundation in the Constitution has been REPLACED - with the Now.

The Now is simply the justifications for embracing big government statism for punitive reasons.

A whole lot of millions want and demand to see their fellow inhabitants punished, hurt, harmed, ruined or destroyed.

A nation in such shape will consume itself in hot brightness in very, very, very short order.  It's why so many want Trump. It's why so many are issuing death threats for treason if we do not sport Trump.  It's the reason they are telling us they will "remember us" when the time comes.

Judgment is here, we just do not realize it yet - but a whole lot of people are going to suffer for where we have arrived.

Because few to none will dare even recognize it.

Trump has single-handedly destroyed the Conservative movement.

Just as he was bidden to do by the woman and party that charged him with the task.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Axel

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 05:18:19 pm »

Trump has single-handedly destroyed the Conservative movement.

Just as he was bidden to do by the woman and party that charged him with the task.

Evidence?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Axel

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 05:31:18 pm »
I didn't say that Rush never acknowledged that Cruz was conservative.  It's just that relative to the number of hours spent on how great Trump was, with absolutely no mention that he was a Democrat and a liberal one to boot, his few mentions of the truth about Cruz were inconsequential.

Hour after hour he praised Trump, never with the caveat that he wasn't even remotely conservative.

If you preferred the liberal Trump to the Conservative Cruz, it probably didn't bother you (clearly it didn't), but anyone who thought that Rush actually believed what he used to claim about conservatism got their eyes painfully opened during the primaries.

Rush loves Trump.  He abandoned Cruz.

What you said was Limbaugh was cheerleading for Trump and barely mentioned Cruz. What is factual is that Limbaugh was highly complimentary of Cruz, and he blamed his loss on the establishment going in against him. As for how much airtime was devoted to one candidate vs. the other? That's probably impossible for either of us to prove, but since Trump was the front-runner, it stands to reason that he was discussed more. Still, I remember Rush saying everyday, even as the odds grew overwhelmingly slim, that Cruz still had a path to the nomination and moreover, the right to continue running for the nomination.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 05:38:06 pm »
What you said was Limbaugh was cheerleading for Trump and barely mentioned Cruz. What is factual is that Limbaugh was highly complimentary of Cruz, and he blamed his loss on the establishment going in against him. As for how much airtime was devoted to one candidate vs. the other? That's probably impossible for either of us to prove, but since Trump was the front-runner, it stands to reason that he was discussed more. Still, I remember Rush saying everyday, even as the odds grew overwhelmingly slim, that Cruz still had a path to the nomination and moreover, the right to continue running for the nomination.

What is "factual" is that Rush's compliments of Cruz were few and far between relative to his cheerleading for Trump.

Since Cruz actually beat Trump in some states, an occasional mention relative to hours of cheerleading was bad enough.

But when you factor in (which you continue to refuse to do), the FACT that Trump is a LIBERAL, and that Rush was supposed to be opposed to liberalism, and that Cruz is a Constitutional Conservative, which Rush claimed to be in support of, then the imbalance was even more disturbing.

Again, the FACT that you omit, is that Rush spent a significantly higher percentage of time cheerleading for a liberal while relatively speaking barely mentioning the most Conservative candidate we've had since Reagan, is a betrayal of what Rush claimed to believe.

Until you include the liberalism of Trump in your arguments, you are denying the reality of what Rush did.

But since you clearly are a Trump guy and not opposed to liberalism, I understand why you're trying to ignore what Rush really did.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
Either way, its dishonest to suggest that Limbaugh was just some Trump shill.

As a 24/7 subscriber and daily listener - Limbaugh was EXACTLY a Trump shill since he got in the race.

He pretended to sit on the fence, but every single time Trump said something to stymie the media - Rush spent the majority of his time chortling with glee over Trump's ability to get away with anything that would have normally sunk another candidate, and that focus became the norm.

Rush never talked about Trump's lack of Conservatism and his overt liberalism.  Rush went silent on Cruz  in large measure when Trump's incessant and personal attacks started taking their toll.  Mark Levin was the only host to actually call Trump out on those outrageous charges and claims and warned Trump to stop or risk losing Conservative support should he win the nomination.  Rush was silent on all of that.

Instead all he did was turn his show into a cheerleading session disguised as 'analysis' of Trump's ability to slam the media and the Establishment and say and do anything he liked and not suffer for it.

When Limbaugh uttered the words to a caller who said she could never bring herself to vote for Trump if he won the nomination, "then you are voting for Hillary" - I was done.  Canceled my 24/7 - turned him off and have not listened to him since.

It's no different than leaving a church that has gone apostate on foundational truths.  If the leadership corrupts their own congregations, the only recourse is to leave and go elsewhere to maintain and proclaim the truth.

Limbaugh's show - as well as a majority of the other pretend-Rght Wing media, are just apostates to what they paid lip service to all these years.

In Rush's case - I think he ceded all reason and sense and principles to marvel and support a golf buddy. Now he admits he misled his entire audience and betrayed the very things he preached.

Evidence?

The fruits of what Trump has accomplished in dividing and rendering totally irrelevant - Constitutional Conservatives, while supporting the very Establishment you people falsely believed he opposed.  The fact he refused to hit Hillary as hard as he hit Cruz, Rubio and Fiorina.  Said he was 'bored' with having to call out Hillary on her crap.  The fact he has become a cartoon stereotype of every Left-wing depiction of Conservatives.  The words of praise for Hillary as SecState, the funding he provided the Clintons and their foundations.   Shall I go on?  Or will you go and ignore, re-explain, or justify those things as your fellow acolytes have?

Your guy is a Trojan Stalking Horse for Hillary.  And always has been.

But you will never see it.  You are too invested in the cult of personality that is fast becoming a religion with so many rabid supporters.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Axel

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »
What is "factual" is that Rush's compliments of Cruz were few and far between relative to his cheerleading for Trump.

Since Cruz actually beat Trump in some states, an occasional mention relative to hours of cheerleading was bad enough.

But when you factor in (which you continue to refuse to do), the FACT that Trump is a LIBERAL, and that Rush was supposed to be opposed to liberalism, and that Cruz is a Constitutional Conservative, which Rush claimed to be in support of, then the imbalance was even more disturbing.

Again, the FACT that you omit, is that Rush spent a significantly higher percentage of time cheerleading for a liberal while relatively speaking barely mentioning the most Conservative candidate we've had since Reagan, is a betrayal of what Rush claimed to believe.

Until you include the liberalism of Trump in your arguments, you are denying the reality of what Rush did.

But since you clearly are a Trump guy and not opposed to liberalism, I understand why you're trying to ignore what Rush really did.

I'm not going to waste any more time with you. As soon as you learn to provide evidence for your opinions and stop stating them as facts then we can consider a debate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »
Don't think I'd call Rush a huge Cruz supporter, at least not during this campaign. He acknowledged Cruz was the conservative of the bunch, but he never went any farther than that. It seemed to me Rush was far more impressed with Trump and his ability to say anything without consequence among his supporters.

That's what I heard, too.  "Cruz is a good guy and a good conservative, but did you see what Trump did?  Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump" 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:20 pm »
As a 24/7 subscriber and daily listener - Limbaugh was EXACTLY a Trump shill since he got in the race.

He pretended to sit on the fence, but every single time Trump said something to stymie the media - Rush spent the majority of his time chortling with glee over Trump's ability to get away with anything that would have normally sunk another candidate, and that focus became the norm.

Ditto....I have been a daily listener since 91 but let my 24/7 subscription expire last year...

I agree with just about everything you posted...I got so aggravated with Rush not promoting the conservative candidates, instead he would say that it wasn't his job..he was just there to analyze what was happening...He really pissed me off by letting Trump get away with all the name calling and lies about the other candidates...although he mentioned it he seemed more amused on how Trump was getting away with all this....just totally disappointed in Rush is all I can say.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axel

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 05:55:51 pm »
The fruits of what Trump has accomplished in dividing and rendering totally irrelevant - Constitutional Conservatives, while supporting the very Establishment you people falsely believed he opposed.  The fact he refused to hit Hillary as hard as he hit Cruz, Rubio and Fiorina.  Said he was 'bored' with having to call out Hillary on her crap.  The fact he has become a cartoon stereotype of every Left-wing depiction of Conservatives.  The words of praise for Hillary as SecState, the funding he provided the Clintons and their foundations.   Shall I go on?  Or will you go and ignore, re-explain, or justify those things as your fellow acolytes have?

Your guy is a Trojan Stalking Horse for Hillary.  And always has been.

But you will never see it.  You are too invested in the cult of personality that is fast becoming a religion with so many rabid supporters.

Just a reminder of what you said earlier

I want proof of intent for this statement.

Proof that it was his intention to divide constitutional conservatives.

Evidence that he intended to get Hillary elected, based on information relevant to this campaign - not campaign contributions he made when he was not running for public office, years ago.

The fact he has become a cartoon stereotype of every Left-wing depiction of Conservatives.

How is this relevant?

The fact he refused to hit Hillary as hard as he hit Cruz, Rubio and Fiorina. 

Please tell me, what is he holding back?

Offline Axel

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 05:58:01 pm »
That's what I heard, too.  "Cruz is a good guy and a good conservative, but did you see what Trump did?  Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump"

Perhaps we'd like hold Rush to a higher standard, but this is what everyone in the media did. Just look here at the Politics forum, every time HRC is mentioned the conversation quickly shifts back to Trump. Trump supporters can't get enough Trump-related news, and neither can his detractors.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 05:59:53 pm »
I'm not going to waste any more time with you. As soon as you learn to provide evidence for your opinions and stop stating them as facts then we can consider a debate.

Cool.

You won't acknowledge the most important factor in the equation, and then run away rather than admit its validity.

I'm glad I "wasted" this time with you.

Not only has Rush been "exposed" as someone who supports liberalism, but so have you.

It's good to know going forward that you also oppose the values that made America great in the first place.  Always good when the masks come off and the underbelly revealed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 06:04:58 pm »
Perhaps we'd like hold Rush to a higher standard, but this is what everyone in the media did. Just look here at the Politics forum, every time HRC is mentioned the conversation quickly shifts back to Trump. Trump supporters can't get enough Trump-related news, and neither can his detractors.

Well, yes, we did hold Rush to a higher standard.  That's why so many of us listened to him!

Offline Axel

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »
Cool.

You won't acknowledge the most important factor in the equation, and then run away rather than admit its validity.

I'm glad I "wasted" this time with you.

Not only has Rush been "exposed" as someone who supports liberalism, but so have you.

It's good to know going forward that you also oppose the values that made America great in the first place.  Always good when the masks come off and the underbelly revealed.

Learn to support your arguments better and maybe you'll have better luck convincing people.

geronl

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 06:05:27 pm »
The "Doctor of Democracy" has become its executioner

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 06:12:50 pm »
I agree that Rush was more philosophically in tune with Cruz, but like all the rest in the media, he recognized that talking about Trump got more ears, so he devoted a lot more time to analyzing Trump's campaign.  He rarely criticized Trump's credentials or positions, but many times did say he did not think Trump was a conservative.  He continually praised Trump's campaign, and tried to explain why he thought the guy was so popular.

In the end, I think Rush thinks he pushed Cruz as best he could without going full-tilt anti-Trump.  Anyone who listens to Rush regularly could read between the lines that he thought Cruz was a better fit ideologically to conservatism.

What Rush fails to recognize is the degree to which he and the rest of the media helped Trump by giving him so much exposure early on.  It shut out the ability of other candidates to get their messages heard.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:13:58 pm by massadvj »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »
Learn to support your arguments better and maybe you'll have better luck convincing people.

You can't convince a person with facts whose mind is sealed shut.

As long as you deny the importance of the fact that Rush claimed to be conservative and betrayed that with his cheerleading for Trump (during the primaries), you'll never be "convinced" of an argument involving that particular truth.

But as I said, it's good to know how liberal you are.

Good bye, Axel.  It's been cool chatting with you.....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:18:44 pm by musiclady »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:03 pm »
Just a reminder of what you said earlier

I want proof of intent for this statement.

Proof that it was his intention to divide constitutional conservatives.

Evidence that he intended to get Hillary elected, based on information relevant to this campaign - not campaign contributions he made when he was not running for public office, years ago.

Based on your replies to everyone else on this thread - nothing we provide you will matter or convince you, you are a True Believer.   So it will be a waste of time attempting to do so since we have already listed myriad fruits of those things Trump has already caused in terms of dividing Conservatives further and further apart, and you just discount it all.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »
I agree that Rush was more philosophically in tune with Cruz, but like all the rest in the media, he recognized that talking about Trump got more ears, so he devoted a lot more time to analyzing Trump's campaign.  He rarely criticized Trump's credentials or positions, but many times did say he did not think Trump was a conservative.  He continually praised Trump's campaign, and tried to explain why he thought the guy was so popular.

In the end, I think Rush thinks he pushed Cruz as best he could without going full-tilt anti-Trump.  Anyone who listens to Rush regularly could read between the lines that he thought Cruz was a better fit ideologically to conservatism.

What Rush fails to recognize is the degree to which he and the rest of the media helped Trump by giving him so much exposure early on.  It shut out the ability of other candidates to get their messages heard.

I caught those subtle hints but I don't think it was enough...instead of promoting him more he let the Trump phenomenon over power his show.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 06:23:34 pm »
My two cents.  In the beginning of primary season, Limbaugh claimed to be unbiased and for a short while he was.  He was at first appalled by Trump's insults and accusations and he spoke highly of Cruz. When Cruz dropped out; Limbaugh started to sing a much different tune praising Trump and backing him.  That hasn't changed.  I find it insulting that Limbaugh has to interpret what Trump 'means' and continues to stick up for the buffoon.  Limbaugh is siding with party but in doing so, he fails to point out what a liberal he really is and has compromised his own principles.

Beck and Levin are the only two worth listening to.  Both of them have stuck to their principles.  Both of them have their own shows.  Limbaugh and Hannity will join Trump network when it emerges and the three of them will try to convince their audience that they are the new voices of conservative talk radio.  I hope it flops quite frankly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 06:27:57 pm »
I caught those subtle hints but I don't think it was enough...instead of promoting him more he let the Trump phenomenon over power his show.

Yes. I think, like Drudge and others, he recognized that Trump was better for business.  Not only would he get more audience for the Fall, but a Trump presidency would always provide more fodder to chew on each day.  And if Trump lost, the audience will want to tune in for therapy as Hillary will be the person they love to hate.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 06:35:36 pm »
Nothing Rush does will ever matter to his brainless, idiot listeners. They're worse than liberals IMO.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 06:42:00 pm »
Limbaugh's show - as well as a majority of the other pretend-Rght Wing media, are just apostates to what they paid lip service to all these years.

Been saying that and taking liberal crap for saying that for years.

And that INCLUDES Levin. Because every election they ALL line up behind whatever POS the GOP fronts, regardless of the fact they may have spent months trashing that person.

I fully expect Levin will cave again.  Yes. AGAIN.

No one wants to hear that either because they want someone to white knight this. I get it. But Invar, you of all others here know your history. When it was time for him to stand up and say no to Romney, the father of Obamacare, Gay marriage and numerous laws on abortion, Mr. Conservative barked like a moonbat and told his audience to vote for the POS in a very Robinsonian manner.

That is as conservative as Chi Guevara. I wouldn't trust Mark Levin to make me a sandwich must less tell me about right/wrong/conservative/liberal because he PROVED through action that he put his career as a talking head over his country and his belief in the words coming out of his mouth.

Limbaugh lost me when he said on air back when Pelosi and Reid ruled the roost he was 'done carrying water for the GOP".

Hannity has always been a GOP frontman

Inghram was always a female Rush wannabee.

Coulter hasn't been on the farm in about 10 years and likely never actually was.

Anyone with enough interest in politics to post regularly on a political forum has enough intelligence to see the world around them and from that information, deduce what got us to today. Unfortunately for most, and the general population, it's all about pride, emotion and a flat unwillingness to accept the evidence their eyes show them.

So now we devolve into Euro-Merica. At best. And the Pied Pipers of conservative media aren't to blame. They just share blame. The real culprit is the damn fools that refused to listen to anyone telling them to open their eyes to reality. they elected the liberals these 'icons' told them to without a thought in their heads.

How many times have we seen people say "Well if it's good enough for Rush/Hannity/Levin etc. it's good enough for me"?

A LOT.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:30 pm »
Except that Rush didn't bother to tell his listeners that Trump was actually lying to us about his immigration policies during the primaries. Why would that be?

QFT. This is the point to make about this whole story. I don't listen to Rush often enough to know what he said over the course of the last year.  How critical was he of people like Kasich, Rubio, Bush, etc?  Did he ever point out times when he thought these people were lying, or inventing new narratives for themselves to bolster their support?  If he did for them, but not for Trump, I don't think that speaks well to Rush's character.