Author Topic: Team Cruz on Trump’s immigration shift: Told you so  (Read 8659 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Team Cruz on Trump’s immigration shift: Told you so
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2016, 02:05:07 am »
It was evident to me from the instant I learned he was running. [...] The world has gone mad.   

Yep. And half of America is so dumbed-down they don't even know which bathroom to use.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:32 am »
Yep. And half of America is so dumbed-down they don't even know which bathroom to use.

Peak idiocracy

Offline kartographer

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2016, 02:42:00 am »
The world has gone mad.   

@roamer_1
@libertybele

Isaiah 5:20 ESV

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

2 Peter 2:1 ESV

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Timothy 4:3 ESV    

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2016, 02:46:42 am »
LOL.

Ted Cruz put an amendment on the gang of 8 bill to give illegals "legal residency" status and not citizenship.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/ted-cruz-amnesty-enthusiast/

Trump makes some comments, does not say one thing about citizenship, St. Ted's crowd can say Trump is for Amnesty now.

LOL, watch the stone throwing for merely mentioning the truth.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2016, 02:48:15 am »
Isaiah 5:20 ESV

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

2 Peter 2:1 ESV

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Timothy 4:3 ESV    

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Amen to that... Re-posted for emphasis.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2016, 03:18:42 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 04:01:40 am »

At this point, I'm mostly alone in my refusal to bow the knee to Trump, but it's not the aloneness that hurts. It's seeing people who should know better allow themselves to be deceived. That's why I'm so relieved I found this site where there are others who are standing strong. I do admit that there are times I get panicky at the thought of a Hillary administration, but then I remind myself that my steps are ordered of the Lord and I know He's on His throne at all times. He'll sustain us as we go through this troubling time.

You are nowhere near alone - Of my entire friends/family/church network, not only locally, but stretching regionally here in the Rockies down to CO, across KS, MO, MS and into TN - I literally only know three people willing to vote for Trump. And mostly that is because of hard-core Christian principles.

@kartographer
@AllThatJazzZ
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:02:45 am by roamer_1 »

geronl

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2016, 04:16:52 am »

Ted Cruz put an amendment on the gang of 8 bill to give illegals "legal residency" status and not citizenship.

A poison pill intended to kill it. Kill it dead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:26 am »
A poison pill intended to kill it. Kill it dead.

That is TRUE, and confirmed by Sessions, as well as others... And witnessed by me. I remember how hard he fought.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:04 am »
I second Roamer's amen. Those and other scriptures constantly come to mind as we slog through this election cycle. I don't know when I've felt a heavier burden for my country and for the church as a whole.

There are so many Christians who have bought into the Trump candidacy that it's shocking. Some of them I'm familiar with through their ministries. Others are strong and mature believers who are friends or family. To my utter shock and disappointment, I'm becoming relegated to the status of the proverbial redheaded stepchild because I "have not recognized that Trump is God's choice for the presidency." This message comes from pastors, chaplains, Christian community leaders, Bible teachers, evangelists, etc. All of them are very knowledgeable of scripture, and, until recently, have rightly divided the Word. I would have been hungry to sit under their teaching. Then all of a sudden, like many public figures who are believers (Dr. Carson, Jerry Falwell, Jr., Pastor Jeffress), they started aligning themselves with the Trump campaign! One by one, I could see them change. It was so jarring to me, you almost literally could have knocked me over with a feather. My cousin even turned on Ted Cruz when he didn't kiss the ring and endorse Trump at the RNC.

At this point, I'm mostly alone in my refusal to bow the knee to Trump, but it's not the aloneness that hurts. It's seeing people who should know better allow themselves to be deceived. That's why I'm so relieved I found this site where there are others who are standing strong. I do admit that there are times I get panicky at the thought of a Hillary administration, but then I remind myself that my steps are ordered of the Lord and I know He's on His throne at all times. He'll sustain us as we go through this troubling time.

@kartographer
@roamer_1

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand.…

Ephesians 6:11-13
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2016, 05:13:28 am »
Because they are listening to the wrong voice:

Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message.

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!…

John 8:43-45