Author Topic: Bennett: #NeverTrump-ers put vanity above country; ‘Terrible case of moral superiority’  (Read 24598 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The dude was awfully quiet during the last eight years. When you get pushed aside for Hugh Hewitt, that shows your ratings are below the Mendoza line.
In morning drive, the most-listened-to daypart in the day, with only Don Imus as national competition. That says a lot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

Hmmm,  "I believe in actions, not words."     Have you seen him have an abortion?  I didn't think so. So therefore, according to you, he isn't pro-abort. And if he isn't pro-abort, then he is pro-lifer.   Enjoy!

According to Conservative Review, Trump supports funding for Planned Parenthood.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/fact-check-trump-supports-planned-parenthood

If anyone should understand the fungibility of money, it should be Donald Trump.

Thanks for playing, though.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

In morning drive, the most-listened-to daypart in the day, with only Don Imus as national competition. That says a lot.

Good move by Neil Cavuto, replacing Imus with Maria Bartiromo. It's a nice balance between Fox & Friends and Morning Joe.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline unknown

Thanks for playing, though.

Oh yea, thanks. And you too. I am sure we will get to do it a lot more.   :pillowfight:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:07:59 am by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

ALL of us??  There are hundreds of us who don't like Trump

Hundreds?  Don't overinflate your importance or your numbers.

But do pay closer attention to the many MILLIONS of us who support Trump.

It will make Nov. 8th easier for you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

More Trump boot-licker B.S.  You and your fellow boot-lickers are the ones who will put Clinton into office because you just couldn't help yourselves, you intentionally nominated somebody whom you knew - you were told by hundreds of thousands of people, very credible people - would never beat Clinton.  And yet, you went ahead and nominated him anyway because you fell in love with his dirty vulgar mouth; you mistook the ability to yammer out disgusting insults with actually speaking truth to power.  The fault is yours, all yours, and now, to cover up your own failings, you act like a mob of brown shirts.

Excellent post.  I have a great deal of respect for Bill Bennett, but it sounds like he has been asleep for the last year.  #nevertrump didn't spring up after the convention.  We told the GOP that Trump was the wrong guy.  We said we couldn't support him.  We said we wouldn't volunteer or donate.  And we also told them that the great free press would end after the convention.  The cowardly GOP could have stopped Trump but failed to act.

I'm putting COUNTRY before party.  Trump is not qualified, or deserving of the Presidency.  If the voters want Trump or Clinton then they deserve Trump or Clinton.  It's not my fault, I've already washed my hands.

Offline Night Hides Not

Excellent post.  I have a great deal of respect for Bill Bennett, but it sounds like he has been asleep for the last year.  #nevertrump didn't spring up after the convention.  We told the GOP that Trump was the wrong guy.  We said we couldn't support him.  We said we wouldn't volunteer or donate.  And we also told them that the great free press would end after the convention.  The cowardly GOP could have stopped Trump but failed to act.

I'm putting COUNTRY before party.  Trump is not qualified, or deserving of the Presidency.  If the voters want Trump or Clinton then they deserve Trump or Clinton.  It's not my fault, I've already washed my hands.

The RNC loved the ratings from Trump, thinking that it would broaden the base. His vulgar ad hominems should have been sanctioned from the start, but Reince and his gang of RINOs just didn't have the huevos.

Why anyone would ever think of letting Donald Trump having access to the nuclear football is beyond me.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The RNC loved the ratings from Trump, thinking that it would broaden the base. His vulgar ad hominems should have been sanctioned from the start, but Reince and his gang of RINOs just didn't have the huevos.

Why anyone would ever think of letting Donald Trump having access to the nuclear football is beyond me.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBtp9rQnh4

This is the music I picture @sinkspur  and @musiclady, et al will be listening to late on the 8th of November....just them with the scotch.

....and the Kleenex.       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

All the negativity. Wow. It would possibly bum me out except we scored tickets to Pagliacci! Woo-hoo! So nothing can upset me tonight.
Hope you enjoy the show. ^-^

It will do no good to once again implore everyone to notch it down a bit, if only for the sake of the children, and one's own blood pressure.
I doubt we have a lot of younguns on this board.

I am happy in knowing that I am happy.
I'm happy being vicariously happy through your happiness.  Plus booze. :laugh:

I don't know what to say. I genuinely feel sorry for some of you guys. But, as they say in Hebrew, hatslacha! (good luck). Keep fighting the good fight. As long as we all do what it is we feel we are called to do, then at least we will all have clear consciences when it is all over.
That actually sounds sincere.  Hatslacha back at you.
 :seeya:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

This is the music I picture @sinkspur  and @musiclady, et al will be listening to late on the 8th of November....just them with the scotch.

If Omarosa gets her way, we'll have guns at our heads to be dragged to DC to "bow down" to the King.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Should we send them a care package with the music DVD and Scotch now?  (They can supply their own tissues)   :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

There aren't 51 million, and that's what you'll need (in addition to the 14 million) if you're going to win.  Trump will never get that number.

What do you think of Trump introducing a plan to legalize those in the country illegally?  It's coming Thursday.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Hmmm,  "I believe in actions, not words."     Have you seen him have an abortion?  I didn't think so. So therefore, according to you, he isn't pro-abort. And if he isn't pro-abort, then he is pro-lifer.   Enjoy!
I've never seen a million dollars, so money must not exist.
I've never seen Jesus, so I must worship the devil.
I've never seen the dark side of the moon, so I must be on LSD.  :smokin:

Should we send them a care package with the music DVD and Scotch now?  (They can supply their own tissues)   :laugh:

Yes please.  I'm going to need a lot of scotch to get me to November.  Glenlivet single malt.

I am out of tissue...could you send a Trump Pence 2016 T-shirt also?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:39:54 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Dirt for sale

I don't get the "NeverTrump" moniker. It is a statement of fact, how can it be insulting? Dude is going to make bank on all this free publicity.

Offline sinkspur

The election will be called early, DC, and Trump will have to give a concession speech from Mar-a-Lago before 10 PM EST.   I suspect it will be the nastiest speech we've yet heard from the Donald as he comes to grip with his loser status.   Melania will breathe a sigh of relief as she goes back to her NY penthouse lifestyle, and the kids.....well, they never expected their dad to win this thing anyway.

As for me, I'll be watching until the last nail is driven in the Trump campaign coffin and Sean Hannity slinks off the FOXNEWS set, a beaten man.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

I've never seen a million dollars, so money must not exist.
I've never seen Jesus, so I must worship the devil.

Exactly!  thanks for making my point..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Hoodat

Actually, it was the Trumpkins who put vanity - and hatred, fear, and spite - above country.  If they had cared even slightly about the country, they would have nominated someone who could have won against Clinton, even though that person wasn't as emotionally satisfying because he - or she - wasn't all about making vulgar comments about people and getting into stupid little gutter fights.

Correctamundo!

Bennett (whom I respect and admire) has it wrong here.  I do put the interests of the country first.  Which is why I will not vote for a NY liberal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The lunatic is on the grass.
The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

HonestJohn

Yes please.  I'm going to need a lot of scotch to get me to November.  Glenlivet single malt.

I am out of tissue...could you send a Trump Pence 2016 T-shirt also?

That reserved for when you run out of toilet paper.

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:12:13 am by HonestJohn »

Offline r9etb

A lot of people have jumped the shark this time. 

Yup.  It's been interesting to see how people sort themselves into sheep or goats over Trump.  Very sad in a lot of cases -- Bennett's for example.

Bennett seems unable to believe that people could ever consider Trump to be manifestly unfit for the office of the presidency; just as unfit for the office as Hillary Clinton.

It's not "vanity" to refuse to vote for a candidate who's unfit for the office.  And I'd submit that it's worse than irresponsible to let Party loyalty overrule considerations of fitness.

Offline montanajoe

Supporting him really does change people, doesn't it?

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it before my very eyes.

Complete transformation of character, values, intellect, everything........... just goes downhill.

I've marveled at the transformation myself. I don't believe my old friends supporting Trump are not sincere in their support. However, I do think they listen to talk radio to much. I've never got the idea that any POTUS will or can change the direction of this country on their own. IMO  talk radio and sites like TOS have convinced the 15-30% of the country they are the majority. They are not..

Conservatives and the Conservative way of life have always been in the minority. But when times get tough, the 50% that are hurt economically by the politicians wake up and support a candidate like Trump, but it is to late.

Trump offers a ray of hope to those who are desperate, and many find themselves desperate in todays America.  Unfortunately, they have hitched their hopes and expectations to someone who, even if he is well meaning, has demonstrated he can't run a political campaign, let alone a country...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, to tell you the truth I do feel morally superior to those who refuse to vote as their conscience dictates but only do the bidding of the "big man" they think will be the dictator they want.

If they are worried about people being morally superior just wait until morals can no longer be found.  They will weep for the day that we had morals.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

:thumbsup:
If they are worried about people being morally superior just wait until morals can no longer be found.  They will weep for the day that we had morals.