Author Topic: Bennett: #NeverTrump-ers put vanity above country; ‘Terrible case of moral superiority’  (Read 24599 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
“He does not need to speak to the “Never Trumpers,” some of my friends – or maybe former friends – who suffer from a terrible case of moral superiority and put their own vanity and taste above the interest of the country."

He is correct about the fact Trump should not waste time on attempting to shame, ridicule or coerce us into voting for him.  He told us repeatedly he did not want nor need 'principled Conservative' votes - and essentially told us to go to hell, he did not want nor would accept our support. His rabid storm trooping militants joined suit and trumpeted the same thing - and vowed they will 'win' without us.

It less to do with 'moral superiority' (which it actually is, if one puts God and biblical principles first), than it does the fact we NeverTrumpers adopted this stance BECAUSE of what Trump himself and his followers said, did and continue to do.

So pound sand there Bill.  You made Idolatry of party and a demagogue your god.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
gee full on threat. One post on a thread asks for bonus point to sh5t on trump windshield. Keeping it classy.....yep real classy all of you.  I had to check to make sure I hadn't logged on to the DUmp. The only difference between here and that place....the us the F word.   :seeya:

Unlike DU it was addressed and taken care of..that's the difference....btw I had to look up what FOAD meant
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

gee full on threat. One post on a thread asks for bonus point to sh5t on trump windshield. Keeping it classy.....yep real classy all of you.  I had to check to make sure I hadn't logged on to the DUmp. The only difference between here and that place....the us the F word.   :seeya:

I apologize to Myst, and the Board in general for that.. to your kind. Not so much, it is the language of trump. Seems when trumpansie poster after poster gets away with slander.... and calling us who will NOT vote for trump as Hillary supporters....in Direct contradiction of Board decorum..and rule.

Well maybe it is appropos to give proper feedback to them.

As for full on threat.... LOL..... the reason is not strong with you is it?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I apologize to Myst, and the Board in general for that.. to your kind. Not so much, it is the language of trump. Seems when trumpansie poster after poster gets away with slander.... and calling us who will NOT vote for trump as Hillary supporters....in Direct contradiction of Board decorum..and rule.

Well maybe it is appropos to give proper feedback to them.

As for full on threat.... LOL..... the reason is not strong with you is it?

Thanks for the apology...I seldom see one and I appreciate it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Unlike DU it was addressed and taken care of..that's the difference....btw I had to look up what FOAD meant

[using trump spin]Merely a spelling error.. I meant "Toad"... as in trump Toad.. the two keys are so close together....small fingers yadda yadda. [/using trump spin]    :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline rodamala

Moral Superiority or Immoral Inferiority?  The choice is easy.  Trump is a f***in' LOSER.  Losin' F'in Donald.

Offline Fantom

Thanks for the apology...I seldom see one and I appreciate it...

De Nada.

We all can catch a moment of flame, my fault this time. And I always try to expand ones vocab....  :whistle:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:07:46 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Why would so many of us refuse to vote for the nominee of the party  we've supported all our lives (in my case, over forty years)?

Vanity?  Sore loserism?   If only.  I am dreading the next four years with Hillary Clinton.

Take a close look at the hot mess you've nominated.   See what we see.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All the negativity. Wow. It would possibly bum me out except we scored tickets to Pagliacci! Woo-hoo! So nothing can upset me tonight.

It will do no good to once again implore everyone to notch it down a bit, if only for the sake of the children, and one's own blood pressure.

I am happy in knowing that I am happy.

I don't know what to say. I genuinely feel sorry for some of you guys. But, as they say in Hebrew, hatslacha! (good luck). Keep fighting the good fight. As long as we all do what it is we feel we are called to do, then at least we will all have clear consciences when it is all over.

And now to get dressed and kill the Paaartyyyyy!

When you're blue and you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:49:17 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

ALL of us??  There are hundreds of us who don't like Trump who make post after post with nothing that is anything but "classy" and we ALL get broad brushed with your personal attack??

The irony of my seeing you say this tripe after having been attacked by your bosom buddy here and watching you defend her vile post and pile on is almost too much to bear.

And if you DARE say that this place is ANYTHING like DU again, you should be whacked with a wet noodle.

It's hyperbolic nonsense and completely false.  And you KNOW it @flowers.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Why would so many of us refuse to vote for the nominee of the party  we've supported all our lives (in my case, over forty years)?

Vanity?  Sore loserism?   If only.  I am dreading the next four years with Hillary Clinton.

Take a close look at the hot mess you've nominated.   See what we see.

There is far too much vanity among Trump lovers to admit that THEY are the ones responsible for putting Hillary in the WH.

We will never see any of the militant Trumpers admit what they have done.

You can take that to the bank.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

All the negativity. Wow. It would possibly bum me out except we scored tickets to Pagliacci! Woo-hoo! So nothing can upset me tonight.

It will do no good to once again implore everyone to notch it down a bit, if only for the sake of the children, and one's own blood pressure.

I am happy in knowing that I am happy.

I don't know what to say. I genuinely feel sorry for some of you guys. But, as they say in Hebrew, hatslacha! (good luck). Keep fighting the good fight. As long as we all do what it is we feel we are called to do, then at least we will all have clear consciences when it is all over.

And now to get dressed and kill the Paaartyyyyy!

When you're blue and you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits

Yeah........... flowers was WAY out of line, wasn't she?  All that negativity and deceit.....

Thanks for pointing that out for us, 240B.  What would we do without you?

Silver Pines

I read The Book of Virtues and loved it.

I guess he didn't mean it, eh?

@musiclady

That was BT (Before Trump).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:24:44 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

So we should put all morality aside, in order to stop Hillary Clinton?

The Evangelical Case for Voting for David Duke
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Rivergirl

This from the guy who made big dollars on a book about morals.
Oh, the hypocrisy.............. :nono:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Great analysis on the moral superiority, vain, leftist liberal democrat #NeverTrump-ers, as they help put Clinton in office to finish off the USA as she creates a full on PRO-ABORT SCOTUS.

This is about the TRUTH and a PRO-LIFE SCOTUS. You let Clinton win, and you let her create a PRO-ABORT SCOTUS.

I am not voting for Trump because I am not a liberal.

PRO ABORT SCOTUS?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/trump-praises-his-sister-pro-abortion-extremist-judge-ramesh-ponnuru

I was thinking of Donald Trump and his gay rights agenda when I heard this news.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/280542-dems-cry-foul-after-house-gop-votes-down-lgbt-measure

There still may be hope.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:41:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

That was BT (Before Trump).

Supporting him really does change people, doesn't it?

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it before my very eyes.

Complete transformation of character, values, intellect, everything........... just goes downhill.

Silver Pines

Complete transformation of character, values, intellect, everything........... just goes downhill.

It certainly does.  I've seen it happen over and over again.  The most glaring and extreme case I can think of involves a person who briefly posted here. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Brad Thor went from talking about running to stop Trump to supporting Trump and calling those who don't, traitors. All in the space of about 24 hours.

Offline Night Hides Not

Great analysis on the moral superiority, vain, leftist liberal democrat #NeverTrump-ers, as they help put Clinton in office to finish off the USA as she creates a full on PRO-ABORT SCOTUS.

This is about the TRUTH and a PRO-LIFE SCOTUS. You let Clinton win, and you let her create a PRO-ABORT SCOTUS.

Donald Trump a pro-lifer? How has he demonstrated he's pro-life?  I believe in actions, not words.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline unknown

Donald Trump a pro-lifer? How has he demonstrated he's pro-life?  I believe in actions, not words.

Hmmm,  "I believe in actions, not words."     Have you seen him have an abortion?  I didn't think so. So therefore, according to you, he isn't pro-abort. And if he isn't pro-abort, then he is pro-lifer.   Enjoy!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hmmm,  "I believe in actions, not words."     Have you seen him have an abortion?  I didn't think so. So therefore, according to you, he isn't pro-abort. And if he isn't pro-abort, then he is pro-lifer.   Enjoy!
None of that makes any sense on any level, even sarcasm.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To live with no morals, then judge the moral person for 'moral superiority,' only proves the judge to be amoral.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Pure Trumpkin irrationality on display here.  Man you guys are always good for a laugh.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:55:32 am by Oceander »

Offline Night Hides Not

This from the guy who made big dollars on a book about morals.
Oh, the hypocrisy.............. :nono:

The dude was awfully quiet during the last eight years. When you get pushed aside for Hugh Hewitt, that shows your ratings are below the Mendoza line.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.