Author Topic: Hillary has No Campaign Rallies Scheduled on her Calendar! What’s Wrong with Her?  (Read 3619 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary has No Campaign Rallies Scheduled on her Calendar! What’s Wrong with Her?

Jim Hoft Aug 20th, 2016 8:12 am

Guest Post by Joe Hoft

Hillary Clinton has no campaign rallies scheduled for the foreseeable future.
No campaign rallies are scheduled for the next month!  A list of her upcoming events shows a fundraiser she is expected to participate in Sunday August 21st with Cher and then no campaign rallies scheduled into the foreseeable future.  The only other event in August that she is currently scheduled to participate in is on August 31st at the American Legion National Convention.

Donald Trump on the other hand continues to outpace Hillary Clinton in rallies and in attendance at campaign events through the first three weeks of August. Trump now has more than doubled the number of events that Clinton has held.  Month to date through August 19th Trump has held 24 campaign events to Clinton’s 11.  He also has events scheduled Saturday, August 20th through Wednesday, August 24th with Sunday the only day that he is taking off.  (Note that this list only includes campaign speaking engagements and not visits with government and corporate leaders which Trump appears to be outpace Clinton as well.)

MORE
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/hillary-has-no-campaign-rallies-scheduled-on-her-calendar-whats-wrong/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Rallies aren't Clinton's strength.  Fundraising and ads are.  And ads, not rallies, set the narrative.

Offline skeeter

Either she thinks its in the bag already or she's decided the less people see of her and the more of Trump the better.

Or she's sick. Which, frankly, is Trump's best hope.

Oceander

Either she thinks its in the bag already or she's decided the less people see of her and the more of Trump the better.

I have a feeling that it's because she's not the greatest at rallies (to put it kindly).

Offline skeeter

I have a feeling that it's because she's not the greatest at rallies (to put it kindly).

I don't get Trump's almost total dependence on rallies. A rally will reach 1 voter while a TV ad will reach a thousand.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
She may be taking for granted her name power. She isn't Bill. I suspect outside being ill, she may be surrounding herself with Yes People who tell her everything is awesome.

Or, she is feigning being weak as a strategy. Get people focused on that and come back with a strong swing.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't get Trump's almost total dependence on rallies. A rally will reach 1 voter while a TV ad will reach a thousand.

I read where he is starting to release ads in the battleground states...

I have seen a few good ones here in Il by some PACS...but non by the campaign.....I have also see a lot of Hillary ads which surprises me as to why she is running ads in Il if Il is a safe state for her...or is it!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Oceander

Because that's all he knows.  He won't go outside his comfort zone.

Offline skeeter

Because that's all he knows.  He won't go outside his comfort zone.

Then let someone else produce the ads. All it takes is a commitment of money.

Which begs another question.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:08:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Rallies aren't Clinton's strength.  Fundraising and ads are.  And ads, not rallies, set the narrative.

Well, I guess we're about to find out.  Rallies generate free media coverage,  and that's what Trump's always been about.   And what Trump spouts at his rallies sure as heck seems to me to be setting the narrative.

Trump's lack of discipline will be his downfall, but his strategy of treating his campaign as a traveling revival show is actually a throwback to the era before television.     And it might just well be brilliant. 

His conventional media buys appear to be concentrated in swing states as you'd expect,  but his revival show is going nationwide, in places like Connecticut and California where it would appear to be wasted effort.  But it's not, because the free media component is just as effective no matter where he sets up his stage.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

Rallies attract those who are already voting for you.

Trump thinks "reaching out" is telling blacks they're all poor, have schools that suck, and don't work. 

Hosting rallies in red states where he's already doing well is just the primary redux.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Well, I guess we're about to find out.  Rallies generate free media coverage,  and that's what Trump's always been about.   And what Trump spouts at his rallies sure as heck seems to me to be setting the narrative.

Trump's lack of discipline will be his downfall, but his strategy of treating his campaign as a traveling revival show is actually a throwback to the era before television.     And it might just well be brilliant. 

His conventional media buys appear to be concentrated in swing states as you'd expect,  but his revival show is going nationwide, in places like Connecticut and California where it would appear to be wasted effort.  But it's not, because the free media component is just as effective no matter where he sets up his stage.   

The rally only gets to those who attend.  And the coverage is partial and, since its the MSM, biased against Trump.  So yes, he is adding to the narrative, but only by providing the Clinton campaign with additional material to use against him in setting the narrative as anti-Trump.  Clinton will then use her ads to broadcast that partial view of Trump - aided and abetted by Trump - to the entire nation, thereby reaching millions of people who would never in a lifetime attend a political rally.

Offline skeeter

That strategy worked during the primaries, as long as the media had an interest in covering Trump in a positive light.

Its different now. Depending on rallies puts him at the mercy of the media when he needs to be talking straight to the voters.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That strategy worked during the primaries, as long as the media had an interest in covering Trump in a positive light.

Its different now. Depending on rallies puts him at the mercy of the media when he needs to be talking straight to the voters.

I know Fox covers these rallies not sure about the other nets since I never watch them
Support the USO

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The rally only gets to those who attend.  And the coverage is partial and, since its the MSM, biased against Trump.  So yes, he is adding to the narrative, but only by providing the Clinton campaign with additional material to use against him in setting the narrative as anti-Trump.  Clinton will then use her ads to broadcast that partial view of Trump - aided and abetted by Trump - to the entire nation, thereby reaching millions of people who would never in a lifetime attend a political rally.

Well, sure, the rally only attracts the faithful, but that's the whole point.   The media coverage of the rally will show the enthusiasm of the audience and project an image of solidarity and momentum.   Think Triumph of the Will.

Of course, this all depends on not saying stupid shit at the rallies.   And Trump excels at saying stupid shit at his rallies.   And the media, of course, reports that.     

Oceander

Well, sure, the rally only attracts the faithful, but that's the whole point.   The media coverage of the rally will show the enthusiasm of the audience and project an image of solidarity and momentum.   Think Triumph of the Will.

Of course, this all depends on not saying stupid shit at the rallies.   And Trump excels at saying stupid shit at his rallies.   And the media, of course, reports that.     

I seriously doubt that.  All the footage of the rallies show is that the faithful are fired up, but that won't convert anyone who isn't already a believer, other than the lemmings who will mindlessly follow the biggest group that's heading over the cliff.  Maybe in the pre-internet era that would work, but not today.

Offline montanajoe

Exactly, Trump is doing an excellent job of running against himself, why should she interfere :shrug:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I seriously doubt that.  All the footage of the rallies show is that the faithful are fired up, but that won't convert anyone who isn't already a believer, other than the lemmings who will mindlessly follow the biggest group that's heading over the cliff.  Maybe in the pre-internet era that would work, but not today.

Well, you're right, it is a throwback to an earlier era.   Back in the day you'd see candidates go on whistlestop tours, riding the rails and making speeches in town after town from the drumhead of a parlor car.   Back then,  the newspapers covered these traveling rallies,  nowadays the coverage comes from print, television and the internet.    Who's to say the old paradigm,  updated for the explosion of modern free media, won't work? 

But you can't keep saying stupid shit at the rallies.   

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
All she can do is hurt herself. The best thing for her to do is "get hurt" and be unable to travel.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Exactly, Trump is doing an excellent job of running against himself, why should she interfere :shrug:

That IS Campaign Strategy 101.   If your opponent is making a fool of himself, step back and enjoy the show.  :pop41:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:35:04 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline musiclady

I have seen a few good ones here in Il by some PACS...but non by the campaign.....I have also see a lot of Hillary ads which surprises me as to why she is running ads in Il if Il is a safe state for her...or is it!

I haven't seen a single Trump ad here in Ohio.  A couple of PAC anti-Hillary ads, and LOTS of ads from the Clinton campaign.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

Is it part of a broader ad-buy?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I haven't seen a single Trump ad here in Ohio.  A couple of PAC anti-Hillary ads, and LOTS of ads from the Clinton campaign.

I've seen a lot of Clinton ads as well, mostly during the Olympics. Some even during local slots which is odd as I'm in Texas- her buying ads here is either an unusual sign or a stupid move.

I've only seen one PAC ad supporting Trump.

Offline montanajoe

I've seen a lot of Clinton ads as well, mostly during the Olympics. Some even during local slots which is odd as I'm in Texas- her buying ads here is either an unusual sign or a stupid move.

I've only seen one PAC ad supporting Trump.

Even in Texas, I suspect there are some districts where a strong showing by Hilliary will help the down ticket Dims. A concept that is lost on the Trump campaign...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hillary has No Campaign Rallies Scheduled on her Calendar! What’s Wrong with Her?

Jim Hoft Aug 20th, 2016 8:12 am

Guest Post by Joe Hoft

Hillary Clinton has no campaign rallies scheduled for the foreseeable future.
No campaign rallies are scheduled for the next month!  A list of her upcoming events shows a fundraiser she is expected to participate in Sunday August 21st with Cher and then no campaign rallies scheduled into the foreseeable future.  The only other event in August that she is currently scheduled to participate in is on August 31st at the American Legion National Convention.

Donald Trump on the other hand continues to outpace Hillary Clinton in rallies and in attendance at campaign events through the first three weeks of August. Trump now has more than doubled the number of events that Clinton has held.  Month to date through August 19th Trump has held 24 campaign events to Clinton’s 11.  He also has events scheduled Saturday, August 20th through Wednesday, August 24th with Sunday the only day that he is taking off.  (Note that this list only includes campaign speaking engagements and not visits with government and corporate leaders which Trump appears to be outpace Clinton as well.)

MORE
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/hillary-has-no-campaign-rallies-scheduled-on-her-calendar-whats-wrong/

When your opponent is out there shouting brain farts 10 times a day,the smart move to make is to stay home and say nothing so the voters only have one set of brain farts to ponder.

In short,she looks smart by simply saying nothing. Trump might as well be campaigning for her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!