Author Topic: The Morality of Voting for Trump  (Read 24123 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: The Morality of Voting for Trump
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2016, 02:27:39 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2016, 02:33:36 am »
Who used to be both intelligent and sane.

What has Trump done to his brain??  Turned it into Swiss cheese??

Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em.

A Face in the Crowd (1957)
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2016, 03:10:53 am »
There's a lot of blasphemy going on in Trump circles elsewhere, and I am thankful every single day that there is a place like TBR where that kind of thing is not acceptable.

I keep trying to imagine anyone's saying that Ronald Reagan was Jesus.  They would have been pummeled by everyone, everywhere.

And Ronald Reagan was an admirable man.

Now we have this degenerate, cheating, lying unrepentant serial adulterer, being compared with Moses, David, and even Jesus Christ.

It's frightening to me because it reflects how far we have fallen spiritually in this nation.

BINGO!!!!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2016, 03:12:25 am »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2016, 03:16:55 am »
There's a lot of blasphemy going on in Trump circles elsewhere, and I am thankful every single day that there is a place like TBR where that kind of thing is not acceptable.

I keep trying to imagine anyone's saying that Ronald Reagan was Jesus.  They would have been pummeled by everyone, everywhere.

And Ronald Reagan was an admirable man.

Now we have this degenerate, cheating, lying unrepentant serial adulterer, being compared with Moses, David, and even Jesus Christ.

It's frightening to me because it reflects how far we have fallen spiritually in this nation.

goopo

Offline unknown

« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2016, 03:27:04 am »
That's one reason I don't worry so much about Hillary winning. I like to see her win ...

In kind of an odd way, I wish Hillary would win. The sooner we get this over with the better.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2016, 03:43:53 am »
David killed a man and committed sin with bathsheba

David also had a heart for God.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2016, 03:45:24 am »
In kind of an odd way, I wish Hillary would win. The sooner we get this over with the better.

I guess it's a similar odd way that I kinda wish Trump supporters could see what a rotten mess his election would be.

But I don't hate America.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2016, 03:46:38 am »
Sure, he gets my vote.

Is he going to start wars that kill Christians? And that happened during the Bush administration well before ISIS.

Offline unknown

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2016, 03:48:23 am »
I guess it's a similar odd way that I kinda wish Trump supporters could see what a rotten mess his election would be.

But I don't hate America.

I don't think you understand me. We have been in that awkward phase for a while now.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2016, 03:53:00 am »
goopo

Thank you, Oceander.

Trump is an evil man, and cheerleaders for him are either overlooking the evil, or approving of it.

It's anyone's guess which of those two options the Trump cheerleaders on this thread are doing.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2016, 03:56:52 am »
Sure, he gets my vote.

Is he going to start wars that kill Christians? And that happened during the Bush administration well before ISIS.

Wow.  How many posts have you spammed that nonsense on, Tommy??

Do you think rational people haven't noticed how inane your comments have been today, and how irrelevant to any of the threads you've spammed on?

You take leftist nonsense, and run with it, just to support your leftist boy, Donald.

btw, no one is voting for George W. Bush this election.

Only algor fans still hate him as much as you do......

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2016, 11:42:15 am »
That's one reason I don't worry so much about Hillary winning. I like to see her win and then go to jail 

Who is going to put her in jail?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »
Sure, he gets my vote.

Mexico is mostly Catholic. If he's going to take revenge against them, it will almost invariably "kill Christians," and that isn't even if his beer-swilling followers turn against those of us Christians who refused to endorse him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2016, 01:03:00 pm »
Mexico is mostly Catholic. If he's going to take revenge against them, it will almost invariably "kill Christians," and that isn't even if his beer-swilling followers turn against those of us Christians who refused to endorse him.

War with Mexico? Wow. We are really in fantasy land today.

Sorry, read around, people have signatures calling Trump an idiot, a good portion of avatars are for no other reason to mock Trump.  Statistically, it happens all the time; I don't care to censor others, so I will exercise my right to the 1st amendment.

You can't kick a dog all day long without the dog biting back.

"beer-swilling followers",

Well, at least this is better than A's or B's posts that want to ascribe any Trump followers as "Neo-Nazis" or "fascists". Credit for that.

We have had open borders if Libertarians like that; through the borders, has come heroin killing hundreds of Americans, contributing to crime and allowing dangerous individuals.  Yes, the libertarian party now, wants some border restrictions it sounds like because of the danger of terrorism.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:44:26 pm by TomSea »

Oceander

« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »
Swill the kool-aid!

After all, everyone needs their daily dose of vitamin D(umb).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:04:41 pm by Oceander »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Swill the kool-aid!
After all, everyone needs their daily dose of vitamin D(umb).

This site is quickly approaching the same level of insanity you would find at TOS, just in the opposite direction, but still the same. That is a disappointment to me.

I admit that admire people who have so much free time that they are able to spend all day doing nothing but sitting on this site spewing anti-Trump hate all day. No fun. No jokes. No points. No debates. Just hate, hate, hate, and name-calling all day long. What a way to live. What a life.

I must be one the few here who actually has a life beyond TBR. Speaking of that, it is time for me to get going. I may peek in once in a while to check on how the Trump-Wars are going on TBR. But, I doubt it. I think I've heard enough people called 'heathens', 'poop-head', and of course the now famous, "I'm putting you on ignore!!!" lol

Carry on guys. This is for you, not for me. This stuff is not my style.

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide." - Mahatma Gandhi
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2016, 01:24:41 pm »
War with Mexico? Wow. We are really in fantasy land today.
Isn't Mexico the primary source of the illegal immigration problem Trump has made a centerpiece of his campaign?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2016, 01:28:35 pm »
This site is quickly approaching the same level of insanity you would find at TOS, just in the opposite direction, but still the same. That is a disappointment to me.

I admit that admire people who have so much free time that they are able to spend all day doing nothing but sitting on this site spewing anti-Trump hate all day. No fun. No jokes. No points. No debates. Just hate, hate, hate, and name-calling all day long. What a way to live. What a life.

I must be one the few here who actually has a life beyond TBR. Speaking of that, it is time for me to get going. I may peek in once in a while to check on how the Trump-Wars are going on TBR. But, I doubt it. I think I've heard enough people called 'heathens', 'poop-head', and of course the now famous, "I'm putting you on ignore!!!" lol

Carry on guys. This is for you, not for me. This stuff is not my style.

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide." - Mahatma Gandhi

What a weak excuse.  That's right up there with the accusation that the forum is becoming an echo chamber, and "I'm taking my ball and going home."  Why is it your hero can threaten people and you're just fine with it, but you can't stand it when a little heat is sent back the other way?  Sounds like a word that starts with 'hypo' and ends with 'crisy'.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2016, 01:38:07 pm »
Isn't Mexico the primary source of the illegal immigration problem Trump has made a centerpiece of his campaign?

Of course, I never read where Trump wants a war with them.

Shooting war, no way. If we are talking about economics, perhaps that is another thing.

Cruz and Rubio came out for wanting a wall built, McCain I understand, also wanted a wall built at different times.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-07-03-McCain-Mexico_N.htm

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »

I am reluctantly coming to the same conclusion. Some of the older members here predicted it would happen. I thought "Surely not. We refugees are better than what we left behind."

Evidence grows that they we were right and I was wrong. But, I have been accused of being an arrogant know-it-all so take this fwiw.

Oceander

« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:46 pm »
Of course, I never read where Trump wants a war with them.

Shooting war, no way. If we are talking about economics, perhaps that is another thing.

Cruz and Rubio came out for wanting a wall built, McCain I understand, also wanted a wall built at different times.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-07-03-McCain-Mexico_N.htm

Building a wall and then making Mexico pay for it is starting a wall in all but name.  Imposing tariffs and protectionist policies is how trade wars are started.  Yes, Trump wants to start wars.

Oceander

« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »
I am reluctantly coming to the same conclusion. Some of the older members here predicted it would happen. I thought "Surely not. We refugees are better than what we left behind."

Evidence grows that they we were right and I was wrong. But, I have been accused of being an arrogant know-it-all so take this fwiw.

Stabbing myst in the back, I see.  Tell me, have zots started, or even been threatened?  Or have they been repeatedly disavowed?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2016, 01:45:10 pm »
What a weak excuse.  That's right up there with the accusation that the forum is becoming an echo chamber, and "I'm taking my ball and going home."  Why is it your hero can threaten people and you're just fine with it, but you can't stand it when a little heat is sent back the other way?  Sounds like a word that starts with 'hypo' and ends with 'crisy'.

Setting up false premises and attributing imaginary points of view to others is a despicable debating tactic. VERY TOS-like.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2016, 01:45:55 pm »
Opposing Trump is opposing the Clinton machine IMHO!

I will vote for neither!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien