Author Topic: Beat him like a drum: Donald Trump must not just lose in November; to correct the institutions he’s broken, he must suffer a humiliating defeat  (Read 15073 times)

HonestJohn

No, but Wilson is like a quack medicine man who's promoting a cure which is worse than the disease.

He wants the angry conservatives and Tea Party types to do...what?  Bring in the incompetent traitor who's above the law?   WHY would any sane person recommend that, unless in fact the writer is a deranged, deluded Hillarite?

No matter which way we go, the nation's gonna fall.  And when it does, hack, smarmy so-called journalists like this guy should be hanged from lampposts.

Advocating murder now?  JFC.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

What is a fact is that Trump is a narcissistic demagogue and a liberal fraud.  The outcome will be no different with Trump or Hillary.

Those are opinions, FYI.  As is the "outcome will be no different" bit.  You know exactly how bad it will be under Hillary.  Not one of you #NeverTrump people can explain how he would be worse that her. 

Which means you're all arguing from emotion, not intellect.  Which, I'll add, seems to be what Trumpsters are accused of doing.

You'll become what you despise eventually - old adage, holds true.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Do you think Trump's amnesty will somehow yield R's?

Trump has basically stated that he wants to raise consumer costs by 45%.  That's about the equivalent of a 30% pay cut for every American.  Is that what you think American workers deserve, just to prop up business owners who aren't competitive in a global market?

He detests the middle class and wants to crush it under economic burden.  Why do you have no problem with that?

@Liberty Tree Dr

Provide back up for your assertions.  I don't recall him stating what you says he stated, nor advocating for the crushing of the middle class.  The opposite, in fact.  If you're quoting some analysis, cite it.  But keep in mind the academics in the ivory tower hate you and everything you stand for.  Their "economic" theories and policies derived from them are predicated on you disappearing when your job is eliminated in the name of "competitive advantage".  While these academics enjoy tenure, they do not consider your feelings when you lose YOUR job.

So, if you cite analysis, please be sure not to carry the banner for someone who'd prefer to bury you under it.
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Drewsmum

Your opinion.  What is a fact is Hillary has told us exactly what she's going to do, explicitly, within her first hundred days.  No guessing, no interpretation. 

To not vote for Trump, I have to both assume he's lying to me while assuming Hillary is lying to me, too.  Based on what I know, Hillary is only lying to soften the plans she has - her plans are worse than she advertises. 

Please get over the FR banning and use your head.  I did.

Oh please. Trump will destroy conservativism if he's elected because no one (save cruz) will fight him.

At least conservatism is salvageable if hillary wins because at least we'll fight her.

Offline JustPassinThru

Advocating murder now?  JFC.

Nope.

Not until society completely delaminates.  Which it WILL do.  Know what a society in war looks like?  A city with no food, with safety forces scattered, where it's dog-eat-dog?  That's coming.  Nuclear war.  Dollar collapse.  The Hillarization of Amerika.

Were you this upset when they hanged Bush in effigy?  Were you this bothered when there were dark suggestions on how to get rid of that Judas, Lyin' Ted Cruz?

I would submit that you picked your board name incorrectly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:06:54 am by JustPassinThru »

HonestJohn

Nope.

Not until society completely delaminates.  Which it WILL do.  Know what a society in war looks like?  A city with no food, with safety forces scattered, where it's dog-eat-dog?  That's coming.  Nuclear war.  Dollar collapse.  The Hillarization of Amerika.

Were you this upset when they hanged Bush in effigy?  Were you this bothered when there were dark suggestions on how to get rid of that Judas, Lyin' Ted Cruz?

I would submit that you picked your board name incorrectly.

When I see forum members saying to string up people from lamp posts, I'm going to say something.  I don't recall any forum member calling to kill Cruz or Bush.  If you'd like to produce examples, I'll post something there as well.

Offline JustPassinThru

When I see forum members saying to string up people from lamp posts, I'm going to say something.  I don't recall any forum member calling to kill Cruz or Bush.  If you'd like to produce examples, I'll post something there as well.

Selective memory loss.

Also, Normalization Bias.  You think a society where the dollar is gone and Iranian  glow-in-the-dark toys light up skies over New York and Los Angeles...you think such a world is gonna continue with your drawing-room sensibilities?  It will NOT.  People will be hungry; fearful; and enraged.

There will be a LOT of people hanging from lampposts.  Mussolini was only one of many when Italy had a taste of such fun times.

But it's obvious, though, you get some sort of reward by pretending to be offended by blunt talk.  Outrage is power.  Exposed the conservative as a lynch mob leader.  (which did not and does not happen; the Klan was a DEMOCRAT-backed movement)

I guess it follows that you'd support the old gas bag and her laundry list of goodies for all her "children."

HonestJohn

Selective memory loss.

Also, Normalization Bias.  You think a society where the dollar is gone and Iranian  glow-in-the-dark toys light up skies over New York and Los Angeles...you think such a world is gonna continue with your drawing-room sensibilities?  It will NOT.  People will be hungry; fearful; and enraged.

There will be a LOT of people hanging from lampposts.  Mussolini was only one of many when Italy had a taste of such fun times.

But it's obvious, though, you get some sort of reward by pretending to be offended by blunt talk.  Outrage is power.  Exposed the conservative as a lynch mob leader.  (which did not and does not happen; the Klan was a DEMOCRAT-backed movement)

I guess it follows that you'd support the old gas bag and her laundry list of goodies for all her "children."

You made the claim that others here have called for Jeb/Ted's death.  Pony up an example and I'll denounce it.

Offline JustPassinThru

You made the claim that others here have called for Jeb/Ted's death.  Pony up an example and I'll denounce it.

(redacted) No memory of what happened ten years ago?

THIS Bush, d_mmit.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:09:47 am by JustPassinThru »

Offline JustPassinThru

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/329397-authorities-looking-into-threat-against-sen-ted-cruz

Law enforcement officials are investigating a threat against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who was vaulted into national prominence with his push to defund ObamaCare.

A person identifying himself as Troy Gilmore Jr., posted on Twitter Friday morning: “Take down Ted Cruz, at his home” and listed Cruz’s home address in Houston.

“What goes around comes around CRUZ!!” the person wrote.

The author of the threat uses the Twitter handle @ArmyVet54 and identifies himself as having served in the U.S. Army and Navy.

Sean Rushton, Cruz’s spokesman, said, “We’re aware of it and have alerted the proper authorities.”

“I can’t comment further on security matters,” he said.

At about 5:30 pm on Friday, @ArmyVet54 posted another apparent threat, urging that Cruz “needs tobe [sic] taught a street wise [sic] lesson”.

The person posted Cruz's home address several other times this month and repeatedly used threatening language.

The apparent threats are not directed at any audience in particular because @ArmyVet54 does not have any Twitter followers. But a search of Cruz’s name on Twitter can find them.

The Capitol Police takes all threats to members of Congress seriously.

“We are looking into that matter,” said Officer Shennell Antrobus, a spokesman for the Capitol Police.

Donte Jamar Sims, a 22-year-old man living in North Carolina, was sentenced to six months in prison in May after he threatened over Twitter to kill President Obama during the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

geronl

HonestJohn

(redacted) No memory of what happened ten years ago?

THIS Bush, d_mmit.

Offline Drewsmum

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
"Paid for by HILLARY! for President."

"My name is Hillary Clinton and I approve of this editorial."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

RIV needed a assistant....

I'm still living rent free inside your head @Wingnut.   Get a life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There is not one thing about Trump that I can stomach, not one lousy thing

Thanks for letting us know.  After all, this election IS all about you.   :whistle:

Offline Drewsmum

Thanks for letting us know.  After all, this election IS all about you.   :whistle:

Well,  isn't it about all of us?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Unfortunately, a landslide loss by Trump may be the only way to purge the Republican Party of Trumpism, redeem the party's image, and spare our nation from a future of similar demagogues.    Not at the expense of voting for Hillary though. Just can't go their.

That is fine and dandy. But one must have the honesty to accept the fact that this "purge" paves the path for Hillary. It's as certain as day following night.

Think the thing all the way through. On January 21, 2017, which of the two (and only two) candidates who swore the oath on Jan 20 is more likely to delete Obama's Executive Orders?

Which administration will more closely resemble Obama's third term?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:53:32 am by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Your opinion.  What is a fact is Hillary has told us exactly what she's going to do, explicitly, within her first hundred days.  No guessing, no interpretation. 

To not vote for Trump, I have to both assume he's lying to me while assuming Hillary is lying to me, too.  Based on what I know, Hillary is only lying to soften the plans she has - her plans are worse than she advertises. 

Please get over the FR banning and use your head.  I did.

Ditto. And I was allowed to post this....

Odyssey of a NeverTrumper

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,218923.msg1000871/topicseen.html#msg1000871

Come and join that conversation.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
That is fine and dandy. But one must have the honesty to accept the fact that this "purge" paves the path for Hillary. It's as certain as day following night.

I recognize that.  That's why I advocated so long and hard to deny Trump the nomination, and to back John Kasich who poll after poll confirmed could beat Hillary like, well, a drum.

But now the priority must be to defeat Trump and Trumpism.  This is indeed a lesser of two evils election, and Clinton's only saving grace is that she's the lesser evil.

Thanks to all who brought us to this point, especially the talk radio morons who sold their souls.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

What is a fact is that Trump is a narcissistic demagogue and a liberal fraud.  The outcome will be no different with Trump or Hillary.

And you know this because?

IMO that's flat out insane thinking.

Offline livius

No. Wilson is the epitome of the Liberal GOPe. He lives on MSNBC bashing Conservatives and typifies the loser mentality the gave Donny an opening in a worthless empty shell of a party.
I don't know who WIlson is - a talking head, I assume.  In any case, he's not to blame - media figures think themselves all powerful, and so, alas do their audiences - but the people who really are to blame are the lame people running the GOP.  Priebus had every chance and would have had a lot of support in simply telling Trump to sit down and shut up, and in fact even telling Trump that his brain-fart-of-the-moment had nothing to do with GOP policies and therefore he was permanently excluded from being a candidate on the GOP ticket.  Many other people in the party could have done so, since Trump did NOT have majority support, but simply, because of his die hard "Obama groupie-like" fans and Dem cross-overs (30% of his voters!) got a bare plurality against something like 8 very similar candidates, which often entitled him to all the delegates in that particular state.  When things didn't go his way, he threatened to sue and destroy - and the GOP caved. 

WHy? Behavior like that should have disqualified him from the get-go.

But the utterly ball-less wonders at GOP headquarters let themselves be stampeded by a blustering lunatic who had no GOP principles and his insane fans who acted like an elderly ignorant white version of Occupy Wherever.  THere was no reason for Priebus to be afraid of Trump. There was no reason the GOP headquarters could not insist that Trump play by the rules and actually share traditional GOP platform positions.  They were just simply too cowardly and media-manipulated to do so.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom and RIV are members here too so please respect their opinions whether you agree or not....thanks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I agree with Bret Stephens that, at this low point, that the best hope for a conservative restoration is a blowout Clinton victory, held in check by a Republican majority in Congress.   Trumpism and the fools that enable it must be discredited as a political force.   Stephens' column this morning is about Fox's "dumbest anchor", Sean Hannity, and

the uglier side of what he is trying to do, which is to paint targets on the GOP's genuine Reaganites - pro-trade, pro-immigration, pro-NATO, pro-entitlement reform - and replace them with the Party of Trump - anti-all of the above - no matter what happens to the candidate come November. 

Yes, speaking as a Reagan-Kemp conservative who loathes the alt-right,  it is more important to defeat Trumpism than Hillary Clinton.  There can be no reconciliation.  It didn't need to be this way.  I didn't choose this war, or this time for fighting.   But I will not shrink from my responsibility. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Liberty Tree Dr