Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77064 times)

Offline Just_Victor

There were at least 5 choices that were better than Trump.

But that was after the field of candidates had winnowed down to Cruz, Kasich, & Trump.  He was definitely 5th on my list at that point.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Right on Norm! Right on!  I'll bet you there are not one in a hundred on this forum who have ever read either!

Quick story. Back when I did the off-road.com thing, I had a copy of the CM on my desk as we often refered to it when showing the origins of environ'mental'ism in America.

We had an IT guy come in for some reason or another and he was from Vietnam.. Dude freaked.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT THING KILLED!?!?!?!"

Once I explained it's purpose there, he was thankful that people were being told the truth of it. Not what they were being taught in the media and schools.

People don't want to read it because if they do, they will 'know'. And there's too much TV to worry about for that.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Quick story. Back when I did the off-road.com thing, I had a copy of the CM on my desk as we often refered to it when showing the origins of environ'mental'ism in America.

We had an IT guy come in for some reason or another and he was from Vietnam.. Dude freaked.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT THING KILLED!?!?!?!"

Once I explained it's purpose there, he was thankful that people were being told the truth of it. Not what they were being taught in the media and schools.

People don't want to read it because if they do, they will 'know'. And there's too much TV to worry about for that.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
#Nevergetoffyourasses" but, #activelyhelpelectclinton, take the cake.
'
The mottos of Trump's life!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Yes. The problem is gutless people that run to liberals every election. Which leads to more liberal indoctrination of society, which leads to more liberals elected the following election. Rinse/repeat.

The communist Manifisto and the planks spelled it out pretty clearly. See also 1936 Communist goals.
Nailed it. This country is a willing victim of increamentalism. You see it in politicians, the goal posts have been sneaking left across the field. JFK would be a radical right winger today. All of the founding father's would darn near be anarchists for the smallness of government they invisioned. Thanks to the grand idea of an undefined progess children are taught this is the way it should be.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Quote from: INVAR on August 03, 2016, 02:43:02 PM
You and your prince repeatedly told us that you did not need, nor want our support or votes to 'win'.  You were gonna do it without us.

So pound sand on your whining about the large segments who are going to refuse to vote for your prince.

Can it. REMOVED BY MOD3b]

So now we are insulting morons if we remind you that you people and your prince told us you did not want nor need our support or votes. 

You can still go pound sand bitching and moaning about those large segments who are not voting for Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:18:46 pm by MOD3 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

For me, Cruz was the best choice for our country.  There were at least 5 choices that were better than Trump.

Now, we're stuck with a narcissist who can't focus (for long) and anything but himself.

At the heart of it, we have a cultural problem brought on by a pervasive moral problem.

Absolutely @Kinsman Redeemer ............ at the core, the problem of this election is the deep moral issues in America today.  I believe the worst of it began in the 1960's when ethics were discarded and "If it feels good, do it" became the mantra of boomers and they raised their children in a valueless vacuum.

We used to have one party who stood up (at least to a degree) against the cultural morass, and we used to have a Church that did as well.   Now we have Republicans, and sometimes "Christians" supporting an amoral, corrupt narcissist.

And those of us who maintain that morality and character matter are given NO choice in this election.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
For me, Cruz was the best choice for our country.  There were at least 5 choices that were better than Trump.

Now, we're stuck with a narcissist who can't focus (for long) and anything but himself.

At the heart of it, we have a cultural problem brought on by a pervasive moral problem.

I just started reading "A time for truth" and was pleased to see that Ted Cruz relates the tragic story of Sam Houston in exactly the same light I've seen it in.

Sam Houston was a brilliant patriotic man who rose to the governors mansion by being a principled man who never betrayed his principles and standing by the state he loved. He was driven from office by an angry unthinking mob mentality for the simple crime of telling them the truth. It cost more than a half million lives including Houston's own son but in the end the truth of Sam Houston's principled stance was proven true.

Offline Night Hides Not

I just started reading "A time for truth" and was pleased to see that Ted Cruz relates the tragic story of Sam Houston in exactly the same light I've seen it in.

Sam Houston was a brilliant patriotic man who rose to the governors mansion by being a principled man who never betrayed his principles and standing by the state he loved. He was driven from office by an angry unthinking mob mentality for the simple crime of telling them the truth. It cost more than a half million lives including Houston's own son but in the end the truth of Sam Houston's principled stance was proven true.

I'm seeing more of the French Revolution in this election. Trump is a kindred spirit of Maximilian Robespierre. Should we tell Mr. Trump that things didn't end so well for Messr. Robespierre?

One only needs to consider the "discourse" found in TOS to prove that my opinion is based on fact.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm seeing more of the French Revolution in this election. Trump is a kindred spirit of Maximilian Robespierre. Should we tell Mr. Trump that things didn't end so well for Messr. Robespierre?

One only needs to consider the "discourse" found in TOS to prove that my opinion is based on fact.

It doesn't end much better for Robespierre's supporters either. It happens every single time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes. The problem is gutless people that run to liberals every election. Which leads to more liberal indoctrination of society, which leads to more liberals elected the following election. Rinse/repeat.

The communist Manifisto and the planks spelled it out pretty clearly. See also 1936 Communist goals.

@Norm Lenhart

Absolutely! Is it any wonder none of Bubbette!'s alleged Republican opponents have the stones to mention she worked first for the Black Panthers in NY during summer law school recess,and then with the Communist Party USA in California,as a legal aide?

I have to wonder how many Dim voters even know that? WHY does no one mention it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

Absolutely @Kinsman Redeemer ............ at the core, the problem of this election is the deep moral issues in America today.  I believe the worst of it began in the 1960's when ethics were discarded and "If it feels good, do it" became the mantra of boomers and they raised their children in a valueless vacuum.

We used to have one party who stood up (at least to a degree) against the cultural morass, and we used to have a Church that did as well.   Now we have Republicans, and sometimes "Christians" supporting an amoral, corrupt narcissist.

And those of us who maintain that morality and character matter are given NO choice in this election.

May I recommend to you the novel "Once an Eagle" by Anton Myrer. It has been used in the curriculum at the Army War College for many years. I first read it as a young Lieutenant in the late 70s. It's the story of two Army officers: Sam Damon, who earned a battlefield commission in WWI, and Courtney Massengale, born of wealth and position who went to West Point. Courtney used his political skills to stay one rank ahead of Sam.

I aspired to be an officer of Sam's stature and character, but I never quite got there. I found it interesting that so few officers ever read the book. I was a voracious reader during my tour in Germany, before the invention of VCRs and satellite TV. No, I wasn't a hermit, as most evenings I would dine at the local gasthaus, working on my German conversational skills.

Now that I'm (much) older, I sometimes long for the "good old days", whether it was as a platoon leader or battalion staff officer. I came to relish the responsibilities of being in a leadership position. The leader's code is simple and to the point: "Everything my unit does, or fails to do, is my responsibility." That was the genesis of Harry Truman's "The Buck Stops Here", as he was a Field Artillery officer in WWI.

I'm deeply concerned that even in the military, the code of the leader is fading as much as our morals.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Idaho_Cowboy

JFK would be a radical right winger today. All of the founding father's would darn near be anarchists for the smallness of government they invisioned. Thanks to the grand idea of an undefined progess children are taught this is the way it should be.

Remember how the Kennedy Klan took an immediate hard left the instant JFK was assassinated? Bobby,the Bolshevik,had even been the lead council on McCarthy's House un-American Activities  List seeking out communist agents in government one day,and the next day HE ARE ONE.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

We used to have one party who stood up (at least to a degree) against the cultural morass, <<

@musiclady

I am old enough to remember when BOTH parties were anti-communist. Remember,it was JFK that ordered the invasion of Cuba,even if he punked out once it started,and it was JFK that sent the first Special Forces troops to VN to teach the SVN army how to combat the guerilla warfare tactics in use before the NVA started showing up.

Then it was LBJ,another prominent Dim president that ended up sending 500,000 troops there to fight the NVA. Eventually,communist agents inside the Dim party like Senator Fulbright and others corrupted so many Dim Party officials or had blackmail on them to the point where they took over the party.

I will always believe the Soviets had proof of Bobby and Teddy being involved in the murder of Marilyn Monroe,and that was why Bobby suddenly took a hard left political turn.

Now they also own the Republicans. Ironic when you consider they no longer have any power in Russia,ain't it?

>>and we used to have a Church that did as well.  <<

Only because they saw communism as their most serious rival for money and power.

>>Now we have Republicans, and sometimes "Christians" supporting an amoral, corrupt narcissist.<<

The Christian crowd were already communists at heart,they just didn't  know it.

We no longer have any actual Republicans holding powerful political positions,and haven't had any since the Dim left infiltrated the Republican Party after Newt led the conservative revolution and took over control of congress for the first time in 40 years. They managed to force conservatives out of office and power positions using blackmail and a complicit media at the political middle power levels,while the old Country Club Republicans wiped out conservatism at the upper levels of political power.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:48:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I remember starting the school day with The Lord's Prayer (Of course, we were Catholic Kids so we left the last two lines of the Protestant version out, but that just illustrates how those who choose not to partake in all or part of a prayer didn't have to.), and the Pledge of Allegiance. That was in the public schools.

Nowadays, any child who stood up and said either would have a trip to the office...

IMHO, that was the era when the moral compass got broken, when people stopped acknowledging the existence of a power greater than anything humans will ever create, and when people stopped believing our country is the best one on the planet, the desire to stay that way faded fast.

Most of this is nothing more than a long-running Communist PSYOP, but it has been very effective in reducing the expectations of Liberty people have. When I was a kid, no one would have tolerated the petty tyranny of a HOA, much less the acts of a government run amok. (If the neighbor's grass was 'too long', we'd have offered to mow it, and for free if they were sick or couldn't work, but a kid with a lawnmower could make money that way then. Now the government would be on them for everything from child labor to operating a business without a license to HAZMAT cleanup if they spilled any gas to not having worker's compensation insurance...etc., and likely at the insistence of a 'caring' neighbor.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@Norm Lenhart

Absolutely! Is it any wonder none of Bubbette!'s alleged Republican opponents have the stones to mention she worked first for the Black Panthers in NY during summer law school recess,and then with the Communist Party USA in California,as a legal aide?

I have to wonder how many Dim voters even know that? WHY does no one mention it?
I like the irony in her working to impeach Nixon for perjury and obstruction of justice, the same things Bubba was impeached for.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I like the irony in her working to impeach Nixon for perjury and obstruction of justice, the same things Bubba was impeached for.

@Smokin Joe

If you want irony,you don't have to go that far forward. Her first job fresh out of lawschool was as a drone for the Senate Watergate Committee (as you eluded to),and she was fired from that job after SHE was caught destroying evidence favorable to Nixon,and fabricating evidence against him. In other words,obstructing justice.

Odd how not one single mainstream news organization in the whole country can manage to find time to report that,ain't it?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

If you want irony,you don't have to go that far forward. Her first job fresh out of lawschool was as a drone for the Senate Watergate Committee (as you eluded to),and she was fired from that job after SHE was caught destroying evidence favorable to Nixon,and fabricating evidence against him. In other words,obstructing justice.

Odd how not one single mainstream news organization in the whole country can manage to find time to report that,ain't it?
And they won't find the time, either--oh look! Squirrel! And it's ORANGE!!

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

C S Lewis