Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77532 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, I think people need to ask what the GOPe is being replaced with.  Closing down our open and free society, which has given us the greatest standard of living in the history of human civilization?  Eliminating the Republic in favor of a pure democracy?  Spending $500 billion on infrastructure with no indication as to where the money will come from?  Raising the minimum wage?

TEA Party to me represented a movement toward a smaller federal government that operates more in line with constitutional principles.  I see nothing in Donald Trump that indicates he has this goal in mind when he talks about "making America great again."

Trump is happily promising a half trillion dollars in infrastructure funding which was one of the main drivers that brought the tea party into being. He wants to keep federal land management in federal hands because he doesn't trust the states to do the right thing. It goes on and one and Trump is nothing but another big government democrat.

Offline kartographer

No one is perfect but, Hillary is the devil. That's the way I see it.

Yes no one is perfect but most people are sane. Eight years of having a narcissistic maniacal maniac in the oval office don't you think that it would give pause to any logical thinking person?

Maybe you will answer this question, trumpsters  insistence that we must vote for their man, even though the 'the donald' repeatedly and clearly said he doesn't need our vote. So please tell me how is our not voting at all a bad thing?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
No one is perfect but, Hillary is the devil. That's the way I see it.
If you don't vote for Wormwood we will be stuck with Screwtape!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Trouble is, if Hillary manages to appoint a SCOTUS to wholly support the Progressive agenda plus add millions of new Dim voters to the population, there may never be a "conservative" candidate again. A fact conveniently overlooked.

If America hasn't figured out the the country is headed in the wrong direction by now, it may be a long while to the next epiphany.
If America had figured out we were headed in the wrong direction we wouldn't have Clinton and Clintrumpton on the ballot.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Night Hides Not

I left the party, because it was taken over by a bunch of yahoos and their 'orange' God.

But don't worry so much wolf, for people who believe that their man is the best thing since the virgin birth you trumpsters have little confidence that your little orange god can pull it off. I have no doubt that he will beat 'hittlary', for one thing NO one since the fall of Rome knows more about bread and circuses than 'The Thumpster' does. After he wins American will get just what it deserves, that's the scary part, because it will be just what we deserve.

Whether the next President is Trump or Hillary, America will be getting what it deserves. We've all seen the moral, spiritual, and societal decay in our communities and in our governing institutions, and may I add, our armed forces.

I entered active duty in 1976, at the outset of the All Volunteer Force. I saw how standards were lowered to meet recruiting goals. Yet as a platoon leader my first 18 months in Germany, the majority of the soldiers and NCOs under my command were fine men that made it work. My favorite platoon was one where 3 of my 4 squad leaders were E-4's. They had an energy and thirst for learning that was not there in other platoons where I had E-6's as my squad leaders. Fortunately, I arrived at that platoon with a year's experience as a platoon leader. I was not surprised when we had the only platoon of the four in our battery to pass an ARTEP.

Apologies for straying, but we have reached the point of no return. I won't vote for Hillary, but destroying one half of the UniParty is a necessary step, and Trump unwittingly is doing it, and immolating himself in the process. Hillary will have no honeymoon, as I expect to see more damning info on her in the coming months.

Is there a John Galt out there? We all have to become John Galt. I start my 19th year of teaching Old Testament to 6th graders in my parish. There are so many great life lessons in our curriculum, arming these young men and women with tools they can use to survive and thrive. I borrow a bit from Francisco d'Anconia when I tell them, "I am giving you the words you will need for the time you will need them."

Of the hundreds of kids that have gone through our program, they know who I am, if only for my role as the Jewish High Priest during our Solomon's Temple lesson. Those who were in my class ask me to follow them into 7th and 8th grade, except for my own kids, naturally...lol, one year with Dad is enough for them. All three of my kids have been in my class, as well as a niece and nephew. Over the next six years, another nephew and my grandson will have to endure a year of my class.

I have learned this is where I need to be, and too many adults are intimidated by the thought of trying to teach 6th graders. It's up to us at the grass roots level to find those niches where we can be a force for good, not only in the here and now, but in the future as well.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hoodat

Trouble is, if Hillary manages to appoint a SCOTUS to wholly support the Progressive agenda plus add millions of new Dim voters to the population, there may never be a "conservative" candidate again. A fact conveniently overlooked.

The only ones overlooking it were Trump supporters who were hell-bent and determined to nominate the one candidate whom Hillary had the best chance of beating.  The nomination of Supreme Court Justices was not a concern of theirs.  They had their own progressive agenda in mind.  Correcting the excesses of the current Administration took a back seat to turning the tables against them.

Donald Trump was the revenge candidate.  Ted Cruz was the save-the-SCOTUS and block-the-progressive-agenda candidate.  You made your choice, now live with it.

This isn't some fresh revelation.  These points were brought up a year ago.  You knew this would happen. You knew your candidate was a liberal POS.  Yet you did it anyway.  You did it to us.  You screwed the whole country over by handing the White House to Hillary.  And now you have the effrontery to warn us?  Words cannot express the anger I have at the idiots who gave us the weakest candidate we could possibly have - at Bill Clinton's recommendation - to face Hillary.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rodamala

This thread should have been locked and the Troll4Trump OP should have been sent back to FR.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All I got to say is - is Ted Cruz looking like a genius right now or what? So glad he didn't endorse the Trump Train Wreck.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

The only ones overlooking it were Trump supporters who were hell-bent and determined to nominate the one candidate whom Hillary had the best chance of beating.  The nomination of Supreme Court Justices was not a concern of theirs.  They had their own progressive agenda in mind.  Correcting the excesses of the current Administration took a back seat to turning the tables against them.

Donald Trump was the revenge candidate.  Ted Cruz was the save-the-SCOTUS and block-the-progressive-agenda candidate.  You made your choice, now live with it.

This isn't some fresh revelation.  These points were brought up a year ago.  You knew this would happen. You knew your candidate was a liberal POS.  Yet you did it anyway.  You did it to us.  You screwed the whole country over by handing the White House to Hillary.  And now you have the effrontery to warn us?  Words cannot express the anger I have at the idiots who gave us the weakest candidate we could possibly have - at Bill Clinton's recommendation - to face Hillary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
All I got to say is - is Ted Cruz looking like a genius right now or what? So glad he didn't endorse the Trump Train Wreck.

Looks like he'll be able to say "I told you so" in the wake of the news some Republicans are considering revoking their endorsements.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

Looks like he'll be able to say "I told you so" in the wake of the news some Republicans are considering revoking their endorsements.

You would think someone had warned them but who am I to talk.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Seems like I recall someone here predicting this very thing many months ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline JustPassinThru

You would think someone had warned them but who am I to talk.

I agree with you, but the nation, right now, is not ready for someone who talks of principles.

The people do not believe American principles and traditions will save us.  Having abandoned them, they blame them for the failure that's come of abandoning them.

They want a Superman.  That's the whole appeal of Trump...Eric Hoffer's Arrogant Gesture; the sneer, the profanity.  They do not right now want reason and discipline and to look to themselves - they want to be CARED for!  As liberals have been making that promise for a hundred years.

It was well for Cruz to have stayed far away - had, say, he'd kissed Trump's ring and prostrated himself, as the trumpies wanted; and gotten the VP slot...he'd be repeating Sarah Palin's Prilosec experience - with the added thrill of God the Donald blaming all that's wrong, on Cruz.

Sadly, this is not his time.  It may never be his time...Barry Goldwater and Jack Kemp, never saw their time, either.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Seems like I recall someone here predicting this very thing many months ago!
A few somebodies. I have been saying for a while that things were going to change once all of the Trump train had ridden into the box canyon. The media has been milking this for ratings and will continue to do so only now they will get it through scandal and outrage.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If America hasn't figured out the the country is headed in the wrong direction by now, it may be a long while to the next epiphany.
Frankly, the trouble is that both parties have managed to orchestrate a political situation where there is always some damned stick to beat the voters with to make them vote the two political parties.
When the other party gets in (in desperation), the country moves away from the Constitution and Liberty and closer to totalitarianism, regardless of who is in power.
IF the Republican candidate wins we will NOT get any significant rollback in spending, there will not be a smaller Federal Government at the end of 4 years, there will be no reduction in the number or scope of regulations, and we will have still a SCOTUS which will still rewrite the law to rubber stamp unconstitutional acts, even as rewritten.
The executive branch will continue to write law (although they call it "regulations" or "codes"), the Congress will authorize instruments of debt as "money", and the SCOTUS and other courts will continue to legislate from the bench. Neither of the two Major Parties, little separated by ideology, will do anything to change that political situation they are not only comfortable with, but find eminently profitable.
As for SCOTUS, the penalty , rewritten into a 'tax' in Obamacare originated in the Senate, and revenue measures (taxes) are constitutionally required to originate in the House. Not only did the court overstep its bounds to uphold the act by rewriting it, the rewritten form was unconstitutional. For damned sure, revenue measures aren't supposed to originate in the SCOTUS.

Roberts did that and he was appointed by a Republican.

America has been headed in the wrong direction for well over a century. Continuing down this road is not improving matters, and voting for one party which will maybe bring chocolates, flowers, or a bottle of half-decent wine (because the other party won't) isn't going to change the outcome on the morning after.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

Frankly, the trouble is that both parties have managed to orchestrate a political situation where there is always some damned stick to beat the voters with to make them vote the two political parties.
When the other party gets in (in desperation), the country moves away from the Constitution and Liberty and closer to totalitarianism, regardless of who is in power.
IF the Republican candidate wins we will NOT get any significant rollback in spending, there will not be a smaller Federal Government at the end of 4 years, there will be no reduction in the number or scope of regulations, and we will have still a SCOTUS which will still rewrite the law to rubber stamp unconstitutional acts, even as rewritten.
The executive branch will continue to write law (although they call it "regulations" or "codes"), the Congress will authorize instruments of debt as "money", and the SCOTUS and other courts will continue to legislate from the bench. Neither of the two Major Parties, little separated by ideology, will do anything to change that political situation they are not only comfortable with, but find eminently profitable.
As for SCOTUS, the penalty , rewritten into a 'tax' in Obamacare originated in the Senate, and revenue measures (taxes) are constitutionally required to originate in the House. Not only did the court overstep its bounds to uphold the act by rewriting it, the rewritten form was unconstitutional. For damned sure, revenue measures aren't supposed to originate in the SCOTUS.

Roberts did that and he was appointed by a Republican.

America has been headed in the wrong direction for well over a century. Continuing down this road is not improving matters, and voting for one party which will maybe bring chocolates, flowers, or a bottle of half-decent wine (because the other party won't) isn't going to change the outcome on the morning after.

How would you get around this?

By having elections based not on individuals but on PARTY, and proportionate representation - that is, the parties given percentage of seats in the Legislature and then filling them with their operatives?

That is the "Parliamentary" system, and it creates very-unstable, very-weak governments in Europe.

If we have the direct election system that MADE us a stable republic, we will always have two bland parties - and third parties will always be marginalized.  Third parties siphon votes off the party most like them - they serve only as spoilers.

There is no other way.  Unless, of course, you want to put government in charge of how many parties there are and what they stand for.  That's been done, too - in Communist and other totalitarian systems.

Our TRUE problem is that, unlike years past, we're divided as a culture...not just divided, but cleaved; split wide apart.  And the real cleft is between the Political class and the citizenry.  THAT is where we are at and how we got there; and ONLY Term Limits and limits on government spending, can liquidate the Political Class.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How would you get around this?

By having elections based not on individuals but on PARTY, and proportionate representation - that is, the parties given percentage of seats in the Legislature and then filling them with their operatives?

That is the "Parliamentary" system, and it creates very-unstable, very-weak governments in Europe.

If we have the direct election system that MADE us a stable republic, we will always have two bland parties - and third parties will always be marginalized.  Third parties siphon votes off the party most like them - they serve only as spoilers.

There is no other way.  Unless, of course, you want to put government in charge of how many parties there are and what they stand for.  That's been done, too - in Communist and other totalitarian systems.

Our TRUE problem is that, unlike years past, we're divided as a culture...not just divided, but cleaved; split wide apart.  And the real cleft is between the Political class and the citizenry.  THAT is where we are at and how we got there; and ONLY Term Limits and limits on government spending, can liquidate the Political Class.
I hate to say it, but the solution is to have a viable third party. Right now, there is no effective political juxtaposition, only the appearance of it. Both 'teams' (and it has been reduced to that significance) are playing the same game, and moving toward the same goal.

We need to get back to the basics, and only one party really has that as part of its platform.
That's the Constitution Party. It is not a political force (yet) but that can be built, just as the Republican Party was built. It is a matter of people recognizing that most of the problems of this Republic stem from getting away from the fundamental design, and voting or working to return to that design.
That is the reason I support the Constitution Party.
It isn't racetrack ready, but the right parts are there, and it will take some work to build it to run with the big two, but it can be done. Expect it to be savaged in the media from the start because the concepts are so old they are radical.
If you are interested, more info can be found here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,214526.msg0.html#new

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@wolfcreek

COOL! Bring on the revolution! If that and similar things don't make it happen,it will never happen.

And make no mistake about it,America has been circling the drain for too long for anything short of a revolution and hanging the bastards in public can turn things around.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If America had figured out we were headed in the wrong direction we wouldn't have Clinton and Clintrumpton on the ballot.

@Idaho_Cowboy

I disagree. The fact that those two ARE on the ballot is what is having so many voters from the actual left and the actual right up in arms and raising hell. The people HAVE figured out our former representative Republican government has been replaced by a fascist nobility state. The vast majority of them just haven't figured out what to do about it yet.

Or they have figured out what to do about it,and just aren't to the point they are ready to make that sort of move yet.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
@wolfcreek

COOL! Bring on the revolution! If that and similar things don't make it happen,it will never happen.

And make no mistake about it,America has been circling the drain for too long for anything short of a revolution and hanging the bastards in public can turn things around.

Excellent. Couldn't agree more. For all of the Trump supporters complaining about people 'concern-trolling' about his candidacy they fail to realize that their endorsement of the man based on their fear of a Hillary presidency is the ultimate in concern trolling. And some people, myself included, simply can't be frightened anymore into voting for someone. So as you say, bring on the revolution. And if America can't bring itself to muster up one then it gets what it deserves and I can live (or not) with that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hate to say it, but the solution is to have a viable third party.

/topic,214526.msg0.html#new[/url]

@Smokin Joe

Close,but no cigar. I have been saying "What this country needs is an actual 2nd/Opposition Party" for at least the last 3 election cycles.

Ever since the Clinton Presidency we have only had a choice between "More of the same",or "MUCH more of the same".

That ain't a choice. It's a sentence.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:00:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The fact that those two ARE on the ballot is what is having so many voters from the actual left and the actual right up in arms and raising hell. The people HAVE figured out our former representative Republican government has been replaced by a fascist nobility state. The vast majority of them just haven't figured out what to do about it yet.

Or they have figured out what to do about it,and just aren't to the point they are ready to make that sort of move yet.

THIS! ^^^^^^^^
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Smokin Joe

Close,but no cigar. I have been saying "What this country needs is an actual 2nd/Opposition Party" for at least the last 3 election cycles.

Ever since the Clinton Presidency we have only had a choice between "More of the same",or "MUCH more of the same".

That ain't a choice. It's a sentence.

This! 

The FACT is that the two major parties we now have are merged inside  the Washington beltway. There IS no real opposition party as of today and, as we have recently witnessed, they will move heaven and earth to make sure it stays that way!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:26:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline JustPassinThru

I hate to say it, but the solution is to have a viable third party. Right now, there is no effective political juxtaposition, only the appearance of it. Both 'teams' (and it has been reduced to that significance) are playing the same game, and moving toward the same goal.

We need to get back to the basics, and only one party really has that as part of its platform.
That's the Constitution Party. It is not a political force (yet) but that can be built, just as the Republican Party was built. It is a matter of people recognizing that most of the problems of this Republic stem from getting away from the fundamental design, and voting or working to return to that design.
That is the reason I support the Constitution Party.
It isn't racetrack ready, but the right parts are there, and it will take some work to build it to run with the big two, but it can be done. Expect it to be savaged in the media from the start because the concepts are so old they are radical.
If you are interested, more info can be found here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,214526.msg0.html#new

What is a "party"?  Is it a sentient being, like an alien?

A party is a group of people organized around a purpose.  It's a STRUCTURE - and the structure is a tool.

The party reflects the morality of the people within it.  If the party lies and deceives, it's not the party's fault - it's the fault of the people inside it.

The way to solve this is to DISPLACE THOSE PEOPLE.

If you create a new party...not a third party but the 233rd party, there are several hundred already...and then LEAVE it to do the heavy lifting FOR you...the same sorts of people will get involved.  The political class.  Or else some other kook group, as has taken over the Losertarians.

The problem is the morality of people who are variously inside the political system or who want to become insiders.  Another party will not solve anything; it will just fragment, even more, the non-Communist, non-Leftist vote.

Term limits, limits on government spending and strict imposition of Constitutional limits, driven by State power and sovereignty, are our only solution.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What is a "party"?  Is it a sentient being, like an alien?

A party is a group of people organized around a purpose.  It's a STRUCTURE - and the structure is a tool.

The party reflects the morality of the people within it.  If the party lies and deceives, it's not the party's fault - it's the fault of the people inside it.

The way to solve this is to DISPLACE THOSE PEOPLE.

If you create a new party...not a third party but the 233rd party, there are several hundred already...and then LEAVE it to do the heavy lifting FOR you...the same sorts of people will get involved.  The political class.  Or else some other kook group, as has taken over the Losertarians.

The problem is the morality of people who are variously inside the political system or who want to become insiders.  Another party will not solve anything; it will just fragment, even more, the non-Communist, non-Leftist vote.

Term limits, limits on government spending and strict imposition of Constitutional limits, driven by State power and sovereignty, are our only solution.

Nailed it.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink