Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20490 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Tonight at the Republican National Convention, potential first lady Melania Trump delivered the night’s headlining speech in what was her most important moment in the public eye since she married Donald Trump 11 years ago. The speech was praised by hacks on both sides of the aisle (and the middle), though there might unintentionally be a reason for that: As first pointed out by journalist Jarrett Hill, Melania—or more likely her speechwriters—appears to have lifted at least one crucial section of her speech from the one Michelle Obama gave at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

You can see Trump’s words presented side-by-side with Obama’s in the video (link below). Some phrases—such as “that your word is your bond” and “your willingness to work hard for them”—were lifted nearly word-for-word or exactly so, with the rest of the section seemingly specifically tailored to avoid detection. Here are transcripts of the parts in question:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:53:23 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Watching the side by side video, there is no doubt about it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

Poor Melinoma.  She was given a speech to read.  She read it.   How was she supposed to know it was already given by another Democrat 1st Lady.

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm not blaming her, she is just reading what was in front of her. But it is a great reminder that when we hear the praise given her for the great speech she gave, that she is just reading.

Wingnut

She was and is just a useful tool.  A prop trotted out by the lame Orange Baboon.

Offline RoosGirl

I wrote this on the real alternative wtfever convention thread:

I am so laughing at this.  The scenarios of how this came about, the chips that had to fall exactly in to place for  this to happen.  Trump campaign hired the same person that wrote the radical  leftist soon to be first lady's speech?  Trump campaign hired someone that hates him?  The "conservative republican" has plagiarized the radical leftists speech.  Now that right there is funny.

Offline Henry Noel

I wrote this on the real alternative wtfever convention thread:

I am so laughing at this.  The scenarios of how this came about, the chips that had to fall exactly in to place for  this to happen.  Trump campaign hired the same person that wrote the radical  leftist soon to be first lady's speech?  Trump campaign hired someone that hates him?  The "conservative republican" has plagiarized the radical leftists speech.  Now that right there is funny.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Hoodat

It's just a simple matter of Trump using the same Democrat speechwriter that the Obama campaign used four years ago.  I doubt he knows any Republican speech writers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

It's just a simple matter of Trump using the same Democrat speechwriter that the Obama campaign used four years ago.  I doubt he knows any Republican speech writers.

No way.  He knows all the best people.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Anyone still doubt that Trump is Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse?????

Conservatives were the targets of purging and making irrelevant this cycle.

Now we truly have a Uniparty in both ideology and purpose: big Fascist/Marxist Government unmoored from both morality and the Constitution.

After the political purges come the bodily purges, and Trump may lead those much quicker than Hillary would.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Watching the side by side video, there is no doubt about it.

She obviously didn't have a clue about Michelle's speech or her own speech either but somebody in the Trump campaign fouled up ... Again!  Big Time.

Did anybody see it?  How was her delivery?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline montanajoe

The Trump campaign is a joke that keeps writing itself. :silly:

Trump's ability to hire the best people seems to be limited.....

Offline Suppressed

Blatant plagiarism.  Verbatim passages.

I bet TOS is either ignoring this story, or whining that the media are out to get Melania, totally ignoring that it's factually correct.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Crazieman

Blatant plagiarism.  Verbatim passages.

I bet TOS is either ignoring this story, or whining that the media are out to get Melania, totally ignoring that it's factually correct.

Its a nothingburger, except for the ones who are concerned, which are being ripped apart for not enough Trumpism purity, apparently.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Suppressed

Its a nothingburger, except for the ones who are concerned, which are being ripped apart for not enough Trumpism purity, apparently.

I wonder where Melania's been spending all that time whie Trump is giving speeches...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DB

Who's he going to sue for reusing material he paid for?

Offline mountaineer

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz 5h5 hours ago

I sure hope the media will be equally aggressive to condemn Hillary Clinton plagiarizing Bernie Sanders' speeches next week.  #RNCinCLE
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RedHead

Poor Melinoma.  She was given a speech to read.  She read it.   How was she supposed to know it was already given by another Democrat 1st Lady.

She told Matt Lauer that she wrote it.  So either she is, in true Trump fashion, lying through her impeccably capped, perfectly white teeth or she didn't write it and some idiot staffer is responsible.

It's one thing to be a plagiarizer.  It's another to be a moronic plagiarizer. 

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
She obviously didn't have a clue about Michelle's speech or her own speech either but somebody in the Trump campaign fouled up ... Again!  Big Time.

Did anybody see it?  How was her delivery?
@Emjay ~ I thought her delivery was robotic/plastic. [I got the idea there were cues on her speech telling her when she should pause and smile.] Here are a couple of vids! Love to hear what you have to say regarding the Donald's entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_9yb4FSYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:03:00 pm by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline NavyCanDo

Whoever wrote it needs to be fired yesterday. And Trump's speech he will give needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure it is original as well.  How embarassing, that the next day that instead of the news and talking heads discussing the great speech you gave, they  are talking about it being stolen.

And of all the speeches ever given throughout history, it turns out it is the one Mrs Obama gave?  Wow, just wow.

Offline GrouchoTex

Biden plagarized Kennedy, Obama has plagarized Warren and Duvall Patrick.
Now Melania Trump plagarized Michelle Obama.
Not condoning it, just pointing it out.

The only one who seemed to be affected by it, thus far was Biden.

I would like to think we, as Republicans, are better than this, I must say.
I would hope we would do a better job at checking the speeches we give over prime time TV, to a national audience.

Offline libertybele

This should be a huge embarrassment for Melania and certainly Trump.For Melania because she 's totally clueless, she was simply complying by reading what she was handed and for Trump, because his 'barbie-like' trophy wife gets caught with a plagiarized liberal speech!  The MSM is having a field day with this one. This is the first of many embarrassments yet to come during the convention. I didn't watch any of the convention, nor will I as the MSM will quickly point out all the flaws.  I will likely tune in to listen to Cruz depending how many more 'incidents' are reported by the MSM...I can only imagine what kind of crap "they" will pull during his speech.

Soon it will become apparent to all the Trump worshipers that they've been duped.  Tick...tock...tick...tock
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Dumpster fire 2016 is sure to produce more absurdity today so the speech will be forgotten within the first hour.

Offline libertybele

Dumpster fire 2016 is sure to produce more absurdity today so the speech will be forgotten within the first hour.

Exactly.   :beer: 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:12:37 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

This should be a huge embarrassment for Melania and certainly Trump.For Melania because she 's totally clueless, she was simply complying by reading what she was handed and for Trump, because his 'barbie-like' trophy wife gets caught with a plagiarized liberal speech!  The MSM is having a field day with this one. This is the first of many embarrassments yet to come during the convention. I didn't watch any of the convention, nor will I as the MSM will quickly point out all the flaws.  I will likely tune in to listen to Cruz depending how many more 'incidents' are reported by the MSM...I can only imagine what kind of crap "they" will pull during his speech.

Soon it will become apparent to all the Trump worshipers that they've been duped.  Tick...tock...tick...tock

FWIW, I watched the convention last night on CSPAN.
No frills coverage, no commentators, no commercials, no spin, just the convention as it is.
The MSM networks left out a lot of speakers, FOX included.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:15:14 pm by GrouchoTex »