Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20491 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is what happens when you run a campaign "on the cheap" as Trump is doing.  Small businesses make themselves look professional simply by watching what the big guys do and then copying.  My uncle used to be in the supermarket interior design business.  He was a very small operator, doing maybe half a dozen markets per year.  He told me that the way he kept up with the latest fashion was simply to walk into newly-constructed supermarkets and observe the color schemes and type faces, and then put his own twist to them.  This strategy works well in business (which rewards frugality), but it will not stand up to the limelight of the big leagues.  People are going to notice.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I thought it was odd when she started talking about how hard it was being a black woman at Princeton.

Wingnut

FWIW, I watched the convention last night on CSPAN.
No frills coverage, no commentators, no commercials, no spin, just the convention as it is.
The MSM networks left out a lot of speakers, FOX included.

Well that just aint right watching it on C-Span.  You'd be left forming your own opinion on the event without it having been molded and packaged for you (with talking point included) courtesy of the MSM.  Downright unamerican if you ask me.

A pox on you.

Offline Mechanicos

As usual Trump is several steps ahead of the anti's. As is happening now, blacks on the left wing news are saying they saw this as honoring somebody they liked and see it as a positive. People forget that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So the more its spread that she [OMG] "Plagerized" Michelle Obama, more people who like the Wookie see it as honoring her.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
As usual Trump is several steps ahead of the anti's. As is happening now, blacks on the left wing news are saying they saw this as honoring somebody they liked and see it as a positive. People forget that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So the more its spread that she [OMG] "Plagerized" Michelle Obama, more people who like the Wookie see it as honoring her.

Mech's got the best weed in town. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

Well that just aint right watching it on C-Span.  You'd be left forming your own opinion on the event without it having been molded and packaged for you (with talking point included) courtesy of the MSM.  Downright unamerican if you ask me.

A pox on you.

:silly:

Heaven forbid that I might actually form my own opinions without having Sean Hannity, Anderson Cooper, George Stephanopoulos, etc.. telling me how to think!
Forgive me, I don't know what I was thinking.....

Wingnut

I wonder what Democrat Donald will lift his speech from.

There is no lack of potential sources.  The easy part is finding something written by a Dem with the mind of a 5th grader so it sounds like something Trump would say.  The hard part is finding a potential piece not written in crayon.

Offline MBB1984

I can't believe that any intelligent person would really care concerning a speech a potential First Lady gave at a political convention. 

Offline Mechanicos

I can't believe that any intelligent person would really care concerning a speech a potential First Lady gave at a political convention.
They don't have anything else to complain about now that its out the Anti's never actually had the States they claimed and were legitimately shut down at the convention.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that should lock down the black vote.... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

They don't have anything else to complain about now that its out the Anti's never actually had the States they claimed and were legitimately shut down at the convention.
Note to self. Bring your own PA system. This isn't the first time the mikes have been cut to silence opposition.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

Well, that should lock down the black vote.... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
If Trump gets more then Romney did he wins. He does not have to have it all.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Now we truly have a Uniparty in both ideology and purpose: big Fascist/Marxist Government unmoored from both morality and the Constitution.

And this plagiarism and doubling down distracts effectively from what really was going on in the fight over the rules. Lacking much detail on the minority report, I trust Mike Lee who indicated that the Party won a victory over grass roots.

But that is all lost in the buzz over this stupid celebrity moment.

Offline Mechanicos

Note to self. Bring your own PA system. This isn't the first time the mikes have been cut to silence opposition.
Why should whiny children fronting for the open borders cheap labor crowd be allowed to take over the convention?

Online Smokin Joe

If Trump gets more then Romney did he wins. He does not have to have it all.
The seven sillies should have been a clue. Reality: 'Just another case of the white woman stealing from the black woman...' is a far more likely perception than some sort of adulation for Michelle. That would not be well received.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Why should whiny children fronting for the open borders cheap labor crowd be allowed to take over the convention?

You're quite the sore winner, ain't ya?    These are Republicans, you know - the kind that any sane nominee would be attempting to bring into the tent. 

You and Trump want Hillary Clinton as the next President?   You're doing a bang-up job of it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

Why not? The people running it aren't going by their own rules, why should anyone else?

I have seen the same stunt at the state level. Call for discussion, cut power to the microphones, ignore the attempts by people present to voice opposition, railroad the vote. Now it has gone national.

Bring your own P.A.

C S Lewis

Offline Henry Noel

Conservatives were the targets of purging and making irrelevant this cycle.

Perhaps even more so than the plot to hand Clinton the Presidency.

Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Full points for most tortured spin effort. Ever.

This is a screwup that could have gon away with a simple "Oops. We fired that speech writer. Sorry."

But noooooooooooooo.......................

Let's deny reality and common sense. Most people do not like having their intelligence insulted.

Online Smokin Joe

You're quite the sore winner, ain't ya?    These are Republicans, you know - the kind that any sane nominee would be attempting to bring into the tent. 

You and Trump want Hillary Clinton as the next President?   You're doing a bang-up job of it.
Trump apparently does, but imho, that has been his job all along. I really think he was there to smear Cruz, and divide the field, but not to 'win'. I think that was a surprise (not even Hillary could have anticipated that level of lack of sophistication in segments of the electorate, despite their own supporters). The question now is one of whether he will take a dive or whether he'll go for the belt.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

And this plagiarism and doubling down distracts effectively from what really was going on in the fight over the rules. Lacking much detail on the minority report, I trust Mike Lee who indicated that the Party won a victory over grass roots.

But that is all lost in the buzz over this stupid celebrity moment.
As sad as it is to say, what the GOP does at this point is moot. They have even broken their own rules to ignore the grass roots. It is time to build a new party. This year, the GOP elite have alienated enough people to get that rolling in a big way, so long as people who commit to that realize they are going to have to be 'in it' for the long haul. Things got this way because someone read a little red book about the journey of a thousand miles beginning with one step. Well, it is a long road back, and it's time to start.

C S Lewis

Offline RedHead

As is happening now, blacks on the left wing news are saying they saw this as honoring somebody they liked and see it as a positive.

Can you point us to some examples?

Offline RedHead

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz 5h5 hours ago

I sure hope the media will be equally aggressive to condemn Hillary Clinton plagiarizing Bernie Sanders' speeches next week.  #RNCinCLE

And if that happens then you can jump on it and criticize her for it.  Until then the Trump circus deserves all the criticism they get for setting up Melania Trump for this disaster.

Offline Mechanicos

I'm a conservative and not a one of those you are defending can be called that. I am for taking back the party. I am not for the Establishment and Democrats In All But Label Only (DIABLO) selling us out all the time. If you thought you scored a point here you are very wrong.

Online mountaineer

I thought it was odd when she started talking about how hard it was being a black woman at Princeton.
At least if she became First Lady, she wouldn't try to wrest food from schoolchildren's hands.  :laugh: So there's that, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org