Author Topic: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump  (Read 9408 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2016, 02:22:13 pm »
Trump's objective has always been to give the reigns to his pal Hillary.  In the unlikely event that Trump is president the outcome will be no different.

ABSOLUTELY! And he has succeeded completely!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:49 pm »
ABSOLUTELY! And he has succeeded completely!

Well Bigun, @libertybele couldn't provide anything other than a gut feeling for evidence, perhaps you have something a little more concrete?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2016, 03:21:36 pm »
And you have any evidence of this...where?

Her fervent mind,MAC. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, you are just too darn diplomatic at stage in the primary process. It's over and Trump has won. The time for kid gloves is done.

The truth will sink in - hopefully sooner rather than later. Support Donald Trump or give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton. Those are the choices.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2016, 03:24:46 pm »

The truth will sink in - hopefully sooner rather than later. Support Donald Trump or give aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton. Those are the choices.

F Trump.  Cruz 2020

And btw....   Your post constitutes a personal attack here at TBR.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2016, 03:26:25 pm »
F Trump.  Cruz 2020

And btw....   Your post constitutes a personal attack here at TBR.

:silly: says the little man with 692 posts... :silly:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2016, 03:27:51 pm »

No.... says the owners....

"Calling another poster a liar, or stupid, or insane, or a fascist, or a Hillary supporter or any variation thereof or a Trump[fill in the blank] is considered a personal attack."
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »
No.... says the owners....

"Calling another poster a liar, or stupid, or insane, or a fascist, or a Hillary supporter or any variation thereof or a Trump[fill in the blank] is considered a personal attack."

The only flaw in your reasoning is that was before Donald J Trump became the Republican party's nominee for president.

The ball is in your court #NeverTrump.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2016, 03:30:47 pm »

Playing the "noob" card?.  What is your Thug Freeper Name?

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2016, 03:32:00 pm »
The only flaw in your reasoning is that was before Donald J Trump became the Republican party's nominee for president.

The ball is in your court #NeverTrump.

That's funny....  Could you show me the expiration date on that rule Einstein?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216336.msg970058/topicseen.html#msg970058
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:33:49 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2016, 03:37:41 pm »
Her fervent mind,MAC. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, you are just too darn diplomatic at stage in the primary process. It's over and Trump has won. The time for kid gloves is done.

Perhaps ac, but I still respect many (not all) of those I'm debating.  As long as members don't insult me, I'll show them the same.  There are still issues to be talked about, and once the gloves are off, little of it gets done.  Besides, there are plenty on both sides who are ready to slug it out.  And yes, I read the new standard Repub set this morning, but all that does is ensure I'll never again defend the fairness and desire for open discussion of management.  Everything changes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2016, 03:38:36 pm »
Playing the "noob" card?.  What is your Thug Freeper Name?

What's that? I think I hear something? What could it be? Oh yes, a ############### trying to get my attention. Sad. But, I don't play with people who help elect democrats like Hillary Clinton...

Mod:  You know better than to use this particular personal attack.  I'm leaving the other for all to see.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:09:45 pm by MOD3 »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2016, 03:43:21 pm »
And you have any evidence of this...where?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2016, 03:51:34 pm »

And then there's the pictures of W with Bill for a number of years.  It would seem strange that Trump would keep referring to her as Crooked Hillary if he means to turn over the keys to the kingdom to her...  And you do know who Reagan shared many a treasured moment with?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2016, 03:53:01 pm »
Well...yeah, I could use a tiny tad of evidence that Trump is going to turn it all over to Hillary.  I've seen nothing in the primary process indicating anything other than that Trump will do whatever is necessary to win.  How does that support your thesis that he's in this to give it to Hillary if elected?

I have wondered from time to time in the past if there might be some truth to that. But, I think what your seeing now is just a result of a campaign that's currently managed very poorly. Nothing more. We'll see if that changes going forward but if Trump's campaign continues as is, it'll be a safe bet to predict a Hillary win
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:54:09 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2016, 03:54:06 pm »
May 2015  - Phone call between Trump and Bill Clinton
June 2015 - Trump announces candidacy for president

Probably just a coincidence....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:54:54 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2016, 03:56:35 pm »
What's that? I think I hear something? What could it be? Oh yes, a Hillary Clinton supporter trying to get my attention. Sad. But, I don't play with people who help elect democrats like Hillary Clinton...

Naw. You vote for them.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »

There is precedent - the same thing happened with Perot in '92. Its a Clinton MO.

The other thing that makes one wonder is the gusto & vitriol with which Trump engaged in the primaries has been noticeably lacking in the general, even thought Trump has been the presumptive for what - a couple of months now? He has yet to put his organization together in some key states.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:00:00 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »

Just like Bill Clintoon has a chance meeting with the AG one day and Hillary walks the next!

Coincidence indeed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2016, 04:03:40 pm »
Cruz will do fine tomorrow. He will do what Christie is doing now. Hammer Hillary.He will talk about the constitution and conservativism.
He is a legal scholar, he doesn't want Hillary Stacking the courts.
I agree that he will help stop Hillary. I have heard 3 things tho:
1. There is a chance he will not mention Trump at all
2. There is a chance he will endorse Trump and call for unity.
3. And I hope and pray they do not, but he may get booed at the convention. Trump people have been told to behave so if it happens it will not be the Trump supporters...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LMAO

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

My guess is, and bear with me for a moment as I place my tin foil hat on, is neither Trump nor Clinton expected him to get as far as he has and it was probably a suggestion made that he run in jest.
But as Trump advanced further than he even expected, well, the prize is POTUS and he is now closer to it than he ever has been and Hillary is the obstacle to that path so he's treated her as part of the opposition
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2016, 04:07:19 pm »
My guess is, and bear with me for a moment as I place my tin foil hat on, is neither Trump nor Clinton expected him to get as far as he has and it was probably a suggestion made that he run in jest.
But as Trump advanced further than he even expected, well, the prize is POTUS and he is now closer to it than he ever has been and Hillary is the obstacle to that path so he's treated her as part of the opposition

Time will tell but, at this point, I'm still expecting to see total Trump campaign self destruct from here on out.

We'll see..

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »
I have wondered from time to time in the past if there might be some truth to that. But, I think what your seeing now is just a result of a campaign that's currently managed very poorly. Nothing more. We'll see if that changes going forward but if Trump's campaign continues as is, it'll be a safe bet to predict a Hillary win

Can't disagree with that summary.  Trump needs to up his game starting with a good Fall campaign plan.  If that means cleaning house, by all means do it.  There are still a lot of predictions on this site that Trump will step down before the election, or otherwise hand it off to Hillary.  Given Trump's ego, no evidence of that goal, his desire to always win every contest, and the legacy he would leave for himself and his family, those are simply preposterous.  He may well lose, but it won't be intentionally.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »
. Trump people have been told to behave so if it happens it will not be the Trump supporters...

Cruz supporters are going to boo their own candidate?

Now that is funny, and some serious pre-spinning

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2016, 04:16:31 pm »
What I would love is if Cruz walked out to the podium with a hand full of notes (that Trump edited) and just tossed them to the floor and proceeded to tell it like it really is.

Yeah, I know Cruz is too much a gentleman to do that, but yeah, I can dream.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....