Author Topic: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump  (Read 9323 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2016, 04:18:07 pm »
May 2015  - Phone call between Trump and Bill Clinton
June 2015 - Trump announces candidacy for president

Probably just a coincidence....
Yes its a coincidence and not worth anything because its an out of context talking point.
1. Trump has talked about running for President if it got bad enough as long ago as the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI
2. He has run before in 2000 and was considered as a potential running mate for George H. W. Bush on the Republican Party's 1988 presidential ticket but lost out to future Vice President Dan Quayle.
3. In 1999, Trump filed an exploratory committee to seek the presidential nomination of the Reform Party in 2000. A July 1999 poll matching him against likely Republican nominee George W. Bush and likely Democratic nominee Al Gore showed Trump with seven percent support.
4. Trump publicly speculated about seeking the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released in March 2011 found Trump leading among potential contenders, one point ahead of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. A Newsweek poll conducted in February 2011 showed Trump within a few points of Barack Obama, with many voters undecided in the November 2012 general election for president of the United States. A poll released in April 2011 by Public Policy Polling showed Trump having a nine-point lead in a potential contest for the Republican nomination for president while he was still actively considering a run.

So in context this Open Borders/Establishment talking point is insulting the intelligence of conservatives, presuming we are as lo-info as liberals.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2016, 04:20:20 pm »
Cruz supporters are going to boo their own candidate?

Now that is funny, and some serious pre-spinning
More likely the democrat protestors who the walk outs gave their convention passes too like last night.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline WAC

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »
......  Trump needs to up his game starting with a good Fall campaign plan.  If that means cleaning house, by all means do it.  There are still a lot of predictions on this site that Trump will step down before the election, or otherwise hand it off to Hillary.  Given Trump's ego, no evidence of that goal, his desire to always win every contest, and the legacy he would leave for himself and his family, those are simply preposterous.  He may well lose, but it won't be intentionally.

Well the RNC will make that possible as his campaign takes advantage of the ground game already staged to go with. I also think that Cruz will be on board.....he's fought very hard in Washington so with a Rep. President all he has had ready to go, had he won, can still be put forward and likely to pass as never before......Cruz isn't going to throw that advantage under the bus.

Further, so far throughout the Convention and just prior...Trumps speaking has curtailed to a far more dignified approach....I suspect that will continue when it matters within the venues he'll be in, but I expect he'll hold nothing back going after Hillary......she certainly won't regarding Trump......

I use to wonder, very much, if Trump wasn't there to hand it over to Hillary.....I can't imagine that now, especially after hearing his kids speak as they have over these past months and to date.....and also after his meetings with the organizations etc. who had a closer more personal opportunity for face to face questioning of Trump.

There was a whole series of 'moving parts' occurring, long before the convention regarding Trump, and for me important and well worth following the outcomes of these. So taken as a whole I have no reason to think that Trump would throw this election, nor planning to do so under any circumstances.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2016, 04:35:04 pm »
What I would love is if Cruz walked out to the podium with a hand full of notes (that Trump edited) and just tossed them to the floor and proceeded to tell it like it really is.

Yeah, I know Cruz is too much a gentleman to do that, but yeah, I can dream.

He won't. In fact, he may endorse Trump or at least, outline why Hillary is unacceptable. Not just because he's too much of a gentleman, but it would/ could harm his own prospects if Trump loses
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline WAC

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »
More likely the democrat protestors who the walk outs gave their convention passes too like last night.
That's exactly right......This Code Pink Activist , thrown out with her banner, was not authorized to be in the convention....she saw a pass on the ground, snatched it up and entered the stadium without any problem.

Offline WAC

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2016, 05:13:32 pm »
I read the new standard Repub set this morning, but all that does is ensure I'll never again defend the fairness and desire for open discussion of management.  Everything changes.

Let me just say.....have you ever wondered why there are so many regulations from our state governors....much of it does not come from trying to take freedoms from people....much of it is an over an above lack of people taking responsibility for their actions and or an 'abuse' of the freedoms they have.

Rules become stronger and tighter as people push the envelopes beyond what one might consider healthy "boundaries". .....that's what has been happening here....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2016, 06:27:55 pm »
What I would love is if Cruz walked out to the podium with a hand full of notes (that Trump edited) and just tossed them to the floor and proceeded to tell it like it really is.

Yeah, I know Cruz is too much a gentleman to do that, but yeah, I can dream.

I would stand up and shout and do my happy dance if that happened!

But I won't get that opportunity.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »
I would stand up and shout and do my happy dance if that happened!

But I won't get that opportunity.

It's being widely reported that Cruz will not endorse or support Trump tonight, and that's good enough for me.  WE don't need anymore gasoline thrown on the fire.

OTOH.....   If the Convention Trumpets start booing, they might just get all out war.   Just sayin'
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »
Let me just say.....have you ever wondered why there are so many regulations from our state governors....much of it does not come from trying to take freedoms from people....much of it is an over an above lack of people taking responsibility for their actions and or an 'abuse' of the freedoms they have.

Rules become stronger and tighter as people push the envelopes beyond what one might consider healthy "boundaries". .....that's what has been happening here....

I don't have a problem with tighter rules.  I just believe that those in charge, wherever that may be, have to set an example when those rules are imposed.  And I'm tremendously disappointed when that fails to happen.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline kartographer

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2016, 04:43:40 am »
Cruz supporters are going to boo their own candidate?

Now that is funny, and some serious pre-spinning

Just like Trump his supporters never do wrong and even if they did it would still be right.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

geronl

« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2016, 06:41:17 am »
He won't. In fact, he may endorse Trump or at least, outline why Hillary is unacceptable. Not just because he's too much of a gentleman, but it would/ could harm his own prospects if Trump loses

Trump is going to lose, that much is almost certain.