Author Topic: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump  (Read 9322 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Cruz steps into spotlight for Trump
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 01:05:08 am »
I agree.  I am sure he is feeling the pressure to endorse.  It will be very hard for me to not hold it against him.

I'm not that strong, lol.

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 01:07:33 am »
Yes trump is scum.....like Hillary.. maybe not as bad but the same thing.

Then maybe we are wrong... maybe. Doubt it.

Yet politics makes strange bedfellows. And I am willing to put faith in the judgement of those who's judgement I have been putting faith in.

That is my point. And strangely me "Thinkin' for  Myself"... yes Sink, that was another shot at you. ;)

Scum is scum, my friend.

No, we aren't wrong.  Our eyes and our ears have proven over and over and over that we aren't.  If I wouldn't let my husband decide for me, why would I let Ted?

Put some faith in your own judgment.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 01:13:53 am »
I've been thinking about this for awhile.  I am going to stop listening to and reading any sources that join the Trump train.  I just am.  Life it too short to put up with that.  Mind you this may mean giving up some sources I enjoy, at least for awhile.  But that beats feeling betrayed or at least constantly mourning the loss of reason in those I used to trust.  They need to follow their own conscience.  I get that.  But I must follow mine.  I can feel the flip-flops coming.  People who are used to being part of the Grand Old Party have a hard time sitting it out.   It makes me very sad.  For me, it's not so hard because I feel strongly that it is the right thing to do.

Rat, you are a decent person, as are most here.

It is a really tough decision. Mine is relatively easy as I can chose to not vote top of the ticket and my State will vote R. I did not vote for Romney.. he carried every county in my State....Oklahoma.

Unless Ted gives a ringing endorsement ..I will not vote for the toilet paper ticket. Will not matter..evry county in my State will vote R.

If I thought trump had an honest bone in his body.. I would vote for him. I like a wall, I like stopping muslims, I like America First.

The question is can this liar be harnessed? Even GOPE is better than Hillary.

Who knows the answer to that question.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:36 am »

Put some faith in your own judgment.

I do.

That is why I go with Ted.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 01:24:43 am »
I understand.  I don't label you as not thinking for yourself.  I followed your logic above when you explained it.  Do what you feel is best.  I'm with Catherine though.  A Cruz endorsement won't get me to vote for Trump and it will be a huge struggle for me to not hold it against him (she will hold it against him for sure).

I just want to say this.  In an earlier post, I mentioned not letting my husband tell me how to vote.  I don't want to leave the impression that he supports Trump...in fact, he detests him as much as I do.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 01:28:17 am »
I just want to say this.  In an earlier post, I mentioned not letting my husband tell me how to vote.  I don't want to leave the impression that he supports Trump...in fact, he detests him as much as I do.

trump is detestable... that is fact.

A vile creature.

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 01:40:34 am »

Then maybe we are wrong... maybe. Doubt it.

Yet politics makes strange bedfellows. And I am willing to put faith in the judgement of those who's judgement I have been putting faith in.

That is my point. And strangely me "Thinkin' for  Myself"... yes Sink, that was another shot at you. ;)

Hillary will support whatever she thinks will net her the most money and most power.  She doesn't care what it is.  Free machine guns to 4-year olds and a bag of crack?  Sure, if it'll net her more money and power.

Trump is the money-man with the bags o' cash and an agenda.  He's comes up with the 'ideas' she spouts.

Which is worse, in my view.

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 01:42:28 am »
I'm not that strong, lol.

I'd endorse, if he met my price.

And I'd tell the world what I got out of it.  $32.5 million in gold located in an overshore lock-box, plus a mansion on the French Riviera.

(What can I say, I want to hobnob with exiled African dictators...)

:smokin:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:44:46 am by HonestJohn »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 01:48:22 am »

Such classy dialogue. Reminds me of, I dunno, something.
I think it starts with an F; and may be an R in it.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2016, 01:48:31 am »
I'd endorse, if he met my price.

And I'd tell the world what I got out of it.  $32.5 million in gold located in an overshore lock-box, plus a mansion on the French Riviera.

(What can I say, I want to hobnob with exiled African dictators...)

:smokin:

Heh.... I knew I liked you.  :seeya:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 01:52:05 am »

I am sure there is a safe space for you... somewhere.

Put in context with what Scam Wowo says/said.. you have little room to complain.

And as how my comments were directed to the scum/trump/Hillary...not any person posting... you have even less moral ground to crow upon.

Now that place you speak of..attack any posters that do not kneel and kiss the .. Hmmnnn of trump.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:53:46 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 02:01:01 am »
Why would you say that to him?  What a cheap shot.  Trump is scum.  This thread is nothing like FR.

Funny thing is, I am considering that there is a possibility to vote for trump... and I am the one that he attacks.

LOL... every time I get weak I go to the place he mentioned..... it does wonders to stiffen my resolve to not vote trump.

They just do not get it.

Meh? :shrug:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:01:27 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 02:03:09 am »
You are fully within the rules to bash Trump and Hillary.  I've enjoyed this conversation with you.

Thanxs.. me too.

Working on settling down... and not losing the edge.

Frederick Douglass

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 02:10:03 am »
Funny thing is, I am considering that there is a possibility to vote for trump... and I am the one that he attacks.

LOL... every time I get weak I go to the place he mentioned..... it does wonders to stiffen my resolve to not vote trump.

They just do not get it.

Meh? :shrug:

That's funny.  There's plenty of sticks to beat on Trump with. Name calling is a pretty sad one. Sorry if a mere opinion feels like an attack. Do you want to report me or should I turn myself in?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 02:16:23 am »
That's funny.  There's plenty of sticks to beat on Trump with. Name calling is a pretty sad one. Sorry if a mere opinion feels like an attack. Do you want to report me or should I turn myself in?

Why would I "report" you? Figure you have done enough to yourself, that I would not need to pile on.

LOL.

As for name calling... that is rich from a trump supporter. And any "name calling" was directed at a political figure and was my opinion of them.. scum.....trump/Hillary. My Opine..what is your problem with me saying what my opinion of such maggots are?

Frederick Douglass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 03:06:24 am »
Rat, you are a decent person, as are most here.

It is a really tough decision. Mine is relatively easy as I can chose to not vote top of the ticket and my State will vote R. I did not vote for Romney.. he carried every county in my State....Oklahoma.

Unless Ted gives a ringing endorsement ..I will not vote for the toilet paper ticket. Will not matter..evry county in my State will vote R.

If I thought trump had an honest bone in his body.. I would vote for him. I like a wall, I like stopping muslims, I like America First.

The question is can this liar be harnessed? Even GOPE is better than Hillary.

Who knows the answer to that question.

I know exactly how you feel.  This could be the first election I haven't voted GOP since 1988.  Every year my guy gets killed in the primary and I get stuck voting for Dole, Bush, McCain, and Romney.  I console myself by saying they're better than voting for a rat, and I still believe that is true.  I console myself by saying what a great VP pick...Kemp, Cheney, Palin, and Ryan.  I sometimes re-watch Palin's speech at the convention and I get chills.  She was terrific.

Watching Pence this morning was disheartening.  He is a terrific VP pick.  He wholeheartedly embraced Trump as a American patriot, and that counts for me.  My top 3 issues are taxes, the military, and abortion.  Pence is a hero in my book.

Sadly I still think neither Hitlery or Trump are fit to be President and I never said that about Dole, Bush, McCain, or Romney.

Not voting against Hitlery is almost inconceivable to me.  So I can't fault you for weighing the issues and the candidates and concluding Trump is marginally better.  There will be many Republicans holding their noses and making the same choice.

At this point I can't do it, but I too will be watching Senator Cruz to here him make the case why I should trust the man who slandered his father. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 03:13:16 am »
I know exactly how you feel.  This could be the first election I haven't voted GOP since 1988.  Every year my guy gets killed in the primary and I get stuck voting for Dole, Bush, McCain, and Romney.  I console myself by saying they're better than voting for a rat, and I still believe that is true.  I console myself by saying what a great VP pick...Kemp, Cheney, Palin, and Ryan.  I sometimes re-watch Palin's speech at the convention and I get chills.  She was terrific.

Watching Pence this morning was disheartening.  He is a terrific VP pick.  He wholeheartedly embraced Trump as a American patriot, and that counts for me.  My top 3 issues are taxes, the military, and abortion.  Pence is a hero in my book.

Sadly I still think neither Hitlery or Trump are fit to be President and I never said that about Dole, Bush, McCain, or Romney.

Not voting against Hitlery is almost inconceivable to me.  So I can't fault you for weighing the issues and the candidates and concluding Trump is marginally better.  There will be many Republicans holding their noses and making the same choice.

At this point I can't do it, but I too will be watching Senator Cruz to here him make the case why I should trust the man who slandered his father.

I do not think Ted is going to make that case.

I think Ted is going to speak to us. Not trump voters..us Americans..Americans who believe in limited government..personal freedom.. and that ain't trump.

Just my gut feeling.

There may be  a "United party" byline. But that ain't going to be the mainline.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:14:22 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 06:45:24 am »
Nah, if this site were like TOS than he would have been zotted for daring to say anything negative about Lord Trump, and he would have been subject to hundreds of abusive posts with much worse dialogue than scum all without an opportunity to reply, courageous souls they are at TOS. I have yet to figure out how so many of the Trump supporters are blind to the fact that they treat him with the same sort of deification that democrats treat Lord Foul.

geronl

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 08:27:41 am »

Not voting against Hitlery is almost inconceivable to me.

I'll be voting against Hillary & Trump.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

Election 2016...some  jokes are ........... just not funny

I need to fix your tag line:

The Election in 2016 is a joke........... just not a funny one
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2016, 11:24:38 am »
What happened to you?  Why are you playing police over his opinion of Trump and Hillary?  Make the case that Trump is not scum if you want.  The case that he is scum is well laid out all over this forum.   I don't think you are within the rules to say he sounds like FR.  But I won't report you.  I'm not into that.  Just sayin' since I've seen you point out what you perceive as other poster's missteps.

To think I was excited for you to come over here and instantly added you to my buddy list.   **nononono*

Stating an opinion about use of a word is "playing police"? As to your disappointment in me (seven you's in comment), I call 'em like I see 'em when I see 'em.

Trump support? July 5 pushed me to where I could not before go. HRC must not be my son's CINC. She is a known known. Trump is a known unknown. That's a pretty thin reed. But, it's where I am at. I still find the man repulsive and foolish in his personna.

I have pretty much come to think that the 2016 election is God's judgement; actually the natural consequence of the moral collapse of this nation.

Neither of the candidates have a true moral center. But HRC presents a clear and existential threat. I cannot see that Trump does (again, the known unknown,)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 03:27:55 pm »
When is he scheduled?  It'll be the only 30 minutes of this thing that i will watch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 03:30:56 pm »
As much as I like Ted Cruz, if he endorsed Trump, he would be wrong.

I know that because I know what kind of man Trump is.  No endorsement will change the truth of that.

CAT....

Cruz also knows that a Trump endorsement might be used against him in a '20 election.  I'd say that there is a about  a 5% chance, if it did happen it was part of the terms with Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »
When is he scheduled?  It'll be the only 30 minutes of this thing that i will watch.

I believe he will be speaking on Wednesday at the Convention.  IMHO, the ratings will be way up on that day!  Millions who can't stomach Trump will be tuned in just to hear Cruz speak.

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 12:05:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2016, 12:07:21 pm »
CAT....

Cruz also knows that a Trump endorsement might be used against him in a '20 election.  I'd say that there is a about  a 5% chance, if it did happen it was part of the terms with Trump.

He won't endorse.  No way.  No how.  He's going the Reagan 1976 route.