Author Topic: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee  (Read 8826 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2016, 02:54:08 pm »
Disagreement may not be forbidden...but certain ideas and expressions are.

On BOTH sides.  Thus, complaints on both sides about restrictions.

The Mods do their best to be completely fair, and for the most part succeed in doing so.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2016, 02:58:08 pm »

No they aren't!  But neither is one's ability to reject them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
What's forbidden here is namecalling, racist comments and personal attacks. I have no problem with rules like that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »
What's forbidden here is namecalling, racist comments and personal attacks. I have no problem with rules like that.

If indeed that's the only way admin adjudicates things. However, my observations here force me to question that.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2016, 03:34:54 pm »
If indeed that's the only way admin adjudicates things. However, my observations here force me to question that.

My observations here verify that.

Maybe you should spend more time observing, and less time attacking the forum, and how it is being run......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »

Meh - most forums I've been in have a few folks who complain about how unfair the mods are.

Are you griping about the fact that #NeverTrump takes it as a personal attack when called "Hillary supporters?" Because, frankly, that's a pretty offensive way to attack #NeverTrumpers, especially when the vast, vast majority of #NeverTrumpers have never and will never vote for Hillary... unlike Trump.

Beyond that, if you want proof that the forum is largely balanced, just observe that the Trump ying (Mechanicos, for example) is opposed by the #NeverTrump yang (sinkspur, for example). There's a bit of bitterness, but the tete-a-tete largely goes unchecked.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2016, 03:51:22 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216025.msg967029.html#msg967029
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216025.msg967005.html#msg967005

Where is the covert effort to run off new members in those links.  They were concerns expressed openly about insulting comments.  Does it concern you that some of the new members have expressed comments that Trump supporters should leave and go back to TOS?  The fact is that the forum has changed.  Perhaps its the politics of the season, but as many most of the refugees have noted, the forum they supported for many years has changed.  This is certainly not a Pro-Trump forum as the small number of his active supporters here reflect, but as the owners have stated, it is not, nor will be an anti-Trump forum, especially after the nomination, freedom of expression notwithstanding.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2016, 03:59:15 pm »
I respect and like both of you, but I'm not seeing that in the new demographic lay of the site.

I see the basic "business purpose" or "mission" to be misaligned with the new membership.

I report, you decide.
May I remind you that you too were once a refugee...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2016, 04:03:30 pm »
Where is the covert effort to run off new members in those links.  They were concerns expressed openly about insulting comments.  Does it concern you that some of the new members have expressed comments that Trump supporters should leave and go back to TOS?  The fact is that the forum has changed.  Perhaps its the politics of the season, but as many most of the refugees have noted, the forum they supported for many years has changed.  This is certainly not a Pro-Trump forum as the small number of his active supporters here reflect, but as the owners have stated, it is not, nor will be an anti-Trump forum, especially after the nomination, freedom of expression notwithstanding.
I took it to mean that if we don't toe the GOP line we newbies aren't in line with the purpose of the site. I don't take it too seriously when being GOPe used to be anathema to Trump supporters.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »
I took it to mean that if we don't toe the GOP line we newbies aren't in line with the purpose of the site. I don't take it too seriously when being GOPe used to be anathema to Trump supporters.

Well the owners of this site have never said that to my knowledge.  Posters on both sides of the Trump nomination sometimes get pretty passionate in their responses to other equally passionate posts.  This isn't TOS and hopefully never will be. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2016, 04:31:05 pm »
Well the owners of this site have never said that to my knowledge.  Posters on both sides of the Trump nomination sometimes get pretty passionate in their responses to other equally passionate posts.  This isn't TOS and hopefully never will be.
Amen to that.
Nothing wrong with a little passion. The mods and folks here to a good job keeping things in check pretty well. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
I took it to mean that if we don't toe the GOP line we newbies aren't in line with the purpose of the site.
Not at all. I've been here since day 1 and the site has never been about toeing the party line.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »
Not at all. I've been here since day 1 and the site has never been about toeing the party line.

Might want to pass that on to folks like Truth-Seeker who have asserted that "the basic "business purpose" or "mission" of this site is misaligned with the new membership".

Some folks apparently think that toeing the 'party line' is the purpose and mission of this board.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2016, 05:15:09 pm »
Might want to pass that on to folks like Truth-Seeker who have asserted that "the basic "business purpose" or "mission" of this site is misaligned with the new membership".

Some folks apparently think that toeing the 'party line' is the purpose and mission of this board.
Can't help what some folks believe, even when they're told otherwise.  :shrug:  Now ... what was this thread about, anyway?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2016, 05:25:49 pm »

Agreed.  For example, despite many members having very serious, grave misgivings about the similarities of Fascism and Trumpism, we aren't allowed to explore that threat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »

I believe further in the thread one of the mods stepped in and said "not so."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!