Author Topic: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate  (Read 18356 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2016, 06:19:01 am »
@Mesaclone

No, he did not seek a global government. He sought total German domination, but had little to no interest in huge portions of the planet...in fact, he didn't even want unified governance of Europe, one reason he put the Vichy government in place after conquering France. The fact that you view my comment as a sign of ignorance makes me frightened for the next generation...of which I assume you are a member.

So please cite for us where Hitler advocated for one world government. Vielen Danke!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2016, 06:39:18 am »
We're not Alinskyite Marxists.  Well, you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night as you're doing a good impersonation..  We're Constitutional Patriots As is Mr. Trump and those of us supporting him.who recognize that Trump has no regard for the Constitution That's the differenceYou aren't recognizing it, you're imagining it.  and see your prince and the mob he has incited as far more dangerous than Hillary.  We intend to do everything we can to support and vote for an actual Conservative from a third party on the top of the ticket in November.  Your party is as good as dead to us.Uber Drama Queen stuff...are you sure you're not a teenage girl?

What do you intend to do about it?What the rest of the country will do, let you happily coexist in marginalization.

Well, Obama insists there is no threat from Islam either, so either you see a threat for what it is, or you crawl into your Normalcy Bias.This has nothing to do with this discussion...particularly since there is no more staunch opponents of Islamism than Mr. Trump and his supporters.

You don't recognize Trump as being a lifelong liberal Leftist who funded and supported the Clintons and Communist Bill DeBlasio either, so clearly nobody should listen to you about what Fascism is, because you cannot even recognize Trump for what he is.You conflate two separate arguments, pretending one supports the other. It doesn't, you are simply incorrect on both. Trump in the past had some liberal and moderate positions, positions he has disavowed as he has come to see the wisdom of conservatism. As for fascism, you make it clearer that you don't really get what it is...outside of a 6th grade basic definition.

Fascism was designed as a third way between laissez-faire/crony capitalism and communism. Mussolini acknowledged the roles of private property and the profit motive as legitimate incentives for productivity—provided that they did not conflict with the interests of the state. If they were seen as necessary for the good of the state - Mussolini simply took them over while offering a pittance in compensation.  Eminent domain anyone? A childish comparison, as this nation has always practiced eminent domain...because it goes back to old English law. Mr. Trump's advocacy for the government's occasional use of eminent domain is highly consistent with our nation's historical use of it.

You are an historical ignoramus. FYI, my Masters is in History...nice try though.

Trump's domestic Nationalist protectionism plans are nearly identical to Mussolini's and borrowed almost in their entirety from Hillary and Bernie Sanders, who rolled out their plans before Trump announced his. Really, present both plans for us and show us exactly how they are parallel...or perhaps you're just repeating Glenn Beck talking points...rrriiigghht?

Mussolini's efforts to increase the productivity and self-sufficiency of Italy began in 1921 with a series of protective and punitive tariffs levied on all foreign imports to lower competition and bring jobs to Italian industry.  Sound familiar?  No, it doesn't. Trump is trying to attain free trade in which foreign markets are open to US manufacturing and retail in the same way our markets are open to them...that's Fair Trade, not a regimen of tariffs. For the record, even great president's like Abe Lincoln have used tariffs to advance the economy...so I guess he was a Mussolini as well, right? Mussolini created the 'corporate state', where the merging of business and government was done in a charter group of 22 massive corporations all run by government oversight with each field of industry that did not permit any business function to operate outside Italy in the name of making the State completely self-sufficient.  In short, Mussolini wanted to make sure that Italian companies made 'their damn products here" and used punitive measures to prohibit trade he did not approve of. What you're giving is a Wikipedia version of the rise of Mussolini...its embarrassingly shallowly and bears no resemblance WHATSOEVER to anything in modern US politics.

Mussolini was a blowhard and demonized anyone and anything he saw as not giving him the deference of due he believed he was entitled.  He used the media as a weapon, demonizing his enemies and promoting his own interest in a very public show and display that captivated masses and created his own propaganda reality. Sounds a lot like Hillary Clinton or Ted Cruz...interesting. Or just a pile of subjective baloney making a simpleton's comparison between Mussolini and the modern GOP nominee

I say both Trump and Mussolini have a whole lot of ideas in common.You can say it, but its simply not true.

I've seen fascism...and fought against it, as Saddam was a classic fascist dictator. So I know something of what it looks like and how it impacts people living under it. If you think anything you're seeing now has even a remote resemblance to fascism, you are living in a world of your own making. Its an absurd comparison, and holding to it simply makes you seem ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:41:49 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2016, 06:48:09 am »

Mussolini was a blowhard and demonized anyone and anything he saw as not giving him the deference of due he believed he was entitled.  He used the media as a weapon, demonizing his enemies and promoting his own interest in a very public show and display that captivated masses and created his own propaganda reality.

I say both Trump and Mussolini have a whole lot of ideas in common.

@INVAR

The primary difference between Mussolini and Trump is that Mussolini was more modest.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2016, 06:57:45 am »
@INVAR

The primary difference between Mussolini and Trump is that Mussolini was more modest.

The primary difference between believing something that absurd and knowing its utterly false, is a little thing called education.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:58:41 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2016, 07:04:18 am »
The primary difference between believing something that absurd and knowing its utterly false, is a little thing called education.

Maybe you should have gotten a larger education instead? Clearly the one you got had severe limitations.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2016, 07:26:39 am »
I've seen fascism...and fought against it,

I don't believe that for a moment or anything else you wrote for a nano-second.  You're a proven liar and spin master who sits on every side of an argument erroneously thinking you score imaginary points.  You are nothing what you pass yourself off to be.

I think you're nothing but a paid shill for the Trump campaign or you have a major man crush and tingle up your leg for him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:49 am »
I don't believe that for a moment or anything else you wrote for a nano-second.  You're a proven liar

I think you're nothing but a paid shill for the Trump campaign or you have a major man crush and tingle up your leg for him.
He is not lying and he is not a paid shill!
I am asking you nicely to stop saying that.
Thanks!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2016, 08:22:39 am »
I've seen fascism...and fought against it

How do you reconcile that with your support of one now?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2016, 08:43:59 am »
How do you reconcile that with your support of one now?

As I said, I've seen fascism and know what it is. You, obviously, have not or you wouldn't ask such a dimwitted question.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2016, 08:44:22 am »
I don't believe that for a moment or anything else you wrote for a nano-second.  You're a proven liar and spin master who sits on every side of an argument erroneously thinking you score imaginary points.  You are nothing what you pass yourself off to be.

I can prove my background if needed. How's about we place a 1000 dollar bet and the loser sends the money to the website Admin. They can then donate it to the political candidate of their choice. Deal? Or are you just blowing hot air as usual? You want to call someone a liar...and I've never once lied on this site...so you need to back it up. We'll see who the real liar is...and who the real coward is.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:45:25 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2016, 09:18:31 am »
As I said, I've seen fascism and know what it is. You, obviously, have not or you wouldn't ask such a dimwitted question.

Overt nationalism?  Pretense of private property ownership?  Big government solving problems as long as the right person is doing it?  Scapegoating opposition?  Capitalism under confinement?  All that is Trump.  As someone claiming to have seen fascism, you seem totally unaware of what it actually is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2016, 11:16:35 am »

You obviously don't have the first clue as to what fascism is,or you wouldn't be exposing your ignorance like this.

@Mesaclone

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2016, 11:16:47 am »
Kendal Casey Unruh
7 hrs ·
Finally I have a minute to give an update. Be of good cheer, this battle has just started. Despite the thousands of emails that patriotic Americans lobbied the rules committee with, Trump refused to even allow debate and the conscience clause died. I tried to follow the rules and the decorum of the process. But the rules committee is 100% irrelevant to the binding movement. I have until Monday to collect signatures for a minority report. Nothing has changed in our planning phase to unbind the delegates. This now moves from a free the delegates phase to a "delegates unbound" phase. Because even though they put every binding rule they could in the rules, it means one thing, they know we have the numbers to unbind. NOW it is in the hands of all of you to exercise your God given right to conscience. A reporter asked "Why do you seem so upbeat after your defeat? " And I responded, "It's not a defeat. It's the starting line. Now the delegates themselves will have to take the baton." God is always in control. Don't stop praying.
She omits material facts. There was a vote an a related amendment just before this vote. The one to clarify the binding and was the exact opposite of the unbinding vote. The Cheap Labor crowd could only muster 25 votes in opposition to it - the Yang to the Yin of the unbinding amendment - not enough for a minority report. This told all involved the unbinding amendment would fail and not have enough votes to generate a minority report. Against that massive defeat showing only 25 delegates were on the Cheap Labor side the unbinding vote occurred.

The fact she omitted that they never had 28 delegate as seen by the prior binding vote tells you shes not being honest. This is why the unbinding vote was only 12, the writing was already on the wall before the vote was taken.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2016, 11:37:47 am »
He is not lying and he is not a paid shill!
I am asking you nicely to stop saying that.
Thanks!
How do you know that? Or are you simply lying?

You can KMA goodbye.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »

You can KMA goodbye.

Myrle, I understand the impulse but hang in there. These tensions will ultimately dissipate.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2016, 03:36:26 pm »
@Repub4Trump @mystery-ak

I wish the Moderators would simply start Zotting the #NeverTrump Constitutionalists, and stop the farce about even administration. 

There are different rules for Trump supporters on TBR.  They can lie, cheat, steal, insult, and it's all cool.  Right?

But don't sweat it, there are a heck of a lot more of us here on the side of the angels.  Myself, I'm only bothered by criticism from folks I respect.   Lies,  cheating, insults -  these are the stock in trade of Trump himself,  that's why some call his followers minions.   But it's really the behavior of any crowd or mob - the leader sets the tone.

And Trump sets the tone of a wiseguy.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:41:49 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »
Here's how delusional some are....notice the website it's from.  Talk about spin.
http://spinzon.com/trump-will-win-blowout/

Offline Mod1

« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2016, 04:47:17 pm »
All:  please be advised that calling another poster a liar, or stupid, or insane, or a fascist, or a Hillary supporter is considered a personal attack. Repeated violations of this forum's rule against personal attacks may result in suspension - or more.

Please focus on the issues and on the candidates - not on other members of this forum. Please behave like reasonable adults.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:03 pm »
All:  please be advised that calling another poster a liar, or stupid, or insane, or a fascist, or a Hillary supporter is considered a personal attack. Repeated violations of this forum's rule against personal attacks may result in suspension - or more.

Please focus on the issues and on the candidates - not on other members of this forum. Please behave like reasonable adults.

Mod 3: off topic comment removed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:03:32 pm by MOD3 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »

You can KMA goodbye.

The complete subjectivity of Invar's post above...which he's now erased for a sarcastic comment aimed at the mod....borders on the absurd. The few of us here who are Trump supporters are under consistent and steady...and often personal...attack from the Nevertrump crew. You've impugned the service of veterans like myself, called us liars, fascists and brown shirts repeatedly with no backing but your opinion, and generally lowered discourse to the "If I am then so are you" level. And yes, that is MY subjective view but most likely shared by the other pro-Trump members you love to go after at the personal level.

Finally....

Why would the owner of the site lie to you, Jimmy?

Still waiting on Invar to take my bet....guessing I'll be waiting a very long time. Typical to slither off when faced with backing up his statements. For my part, I'd be glad to provide my DD214 to one of the board owners to prove my truth.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:08:42 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »
Still waiting on Invar to take my bet....guessing I'll be waiting a very long time.
Or how about just moving on. Everyone here has been asked not to insult other posters. If it happens, file a mod report.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2016, 05:16:38 pm »
Myrle, I understand the impulse but hang in there. These tensions will ultimately dissipate.

I predict that will come true in a week or two.  @jmyrlefuller , please hang in there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »
Or how about just moving on. Everyone here has been asked not to insult other posters. If it happens, file a mod report.

Fair enough.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »
Even the best posters can get a little upset when it comes to politics, especially when other folks just don't want to see things the same way. Let's just remember not to make it personal, that's all. We mods appreciate your support.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »
Even the best posters can get a little upset when it comes to politics, especially when other folks just don't want to see things the same way. Let's just remember not to make it personal, that's all. We mods appreciate your support.

Thank you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck