Author Topic: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate  (Read 18349 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »
Got it. You and blue bloods like Bill Kristol know better than the rest of us unwashed mediocre plebes.

Soo.. in essence, you are saying that Bush stole the election and Al Gore was the one who was the rightful President.  After all, he got more votes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2016, 06:42:04 pm »
I think so too. He'll take the whole GOP down with him.

And I am still convinced that was what he was hired to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2016, 06:46:20 pm »
I think so too. He'll take the whole GOP down with him.

Well, that was his selling point in the primaries... and why he got his support.  To "blow up the GOP".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:46:40 pm by HonestJohn »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2016, 07:54:25 pm »
So, the whole time the Trumpers were hollering about the "system being rigged" what they were actually doing was projecting their own plans to rig the system.

This is rotten. 

Honestly.....    :whistle:

How is the "outsider" able to achieve that, @Sanguine ?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2016, 07:58:37 pm »
The above is in response to the question "Do you think Lincoln  used fascism?' by truth_seeker

@truth_seeker  @Smokin Joe

Close,but no cigar. Lincoln acted in a dictatorial manner by pushing an un-Constitional War on the nation,locking people up with no proof of guilt or trial,etc,etc,etc,but he was no fascist. He was just a run of the mill dictator.

To be a fascist you have to believe in global government with no nations and no free people or elections.

Which pretty much describes both Bubbette! and the creature she is running against.

Lincoln: Habeas Corpus suspended, Legislature under House Arrest, Invasion by Northern Militias (State armies) while MD Militia arms confiscated from the armories, etc... Close enough, if not global. Fascism involves the government control or seizure of private means of production. Yep, that, too.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2016, 08:02:31 pm »

Trump was never an 'outsider" to the Democrat or GOP Oligarchy.

He was part and parcel of the Donor Class.

A local George Soros for lack of a better comparison.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2016, 08:03:35 pm »
Well, that was his selling point in the primaries... and why he got his support.  To "blow up the GOP".
I think they will find it would be like living in The Netherlands and blowing up the dike because it blocks the view of the sea...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2016, 08:18:10 pm »

Come on, DC, you're slipping.  You didn't even read my comment, just did a knee-jerk response.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2016, 09:06:19 pm »
I served in the Army when called, as well. We are equal. When I was an NCO I only made about $6,000 per year.

Still doesn't answer my question.   
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »
Come on, DC, you're slipping.  You didn't even read my comment, just did a knee-jerk response.

I read your comment.  Twice.

You infer that Donald Trump complaining about the system being rigged by the RNC et al, was merely him projecting/hiding that he had plans of his own to rig the system.

I asked you how a hated presumptive Nominee who is the ultimate outsider in terms of being political...could achieve it.

So?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WAC

« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »
@WAC
Trump is YOUR puppy,and you and those like you are going to be the ones responsible for President Clinton,Part 2 because YOU didn't get behind Cruz or Rubio because you fell in love with a Orange Clown.

Oh but I did get behind Cruz....he lost....
Further more I'm NOT a Trumpazee/Trumpett or any other childish names those who oppose Trump have adopted, so please don't pigeon hole me in your 'group style chanting' of who is or not one. It's simply not relevant.

Additionally,  I and many others now supporting Trump did not come by our support of Trump easily by any means, and I thank you to respect that before you jump to assumptions. However I would certainly, without hesitation accept being called anything rather than a Hillary supporter,....BTW supporting Trump does make that distinction since they are the nominees.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »
I read your comment.  Twice.

You infer that Donald Trump complaining about the system being rigged by the RNC et al, was merely him projecting/hiding that he had plans of his own to rig the system.

I asked you how a hated presumptive Nominee who is the ultimate outsider in terms of being political...could achieve it.

So?

So, the whole time the Trumpers were hollering about the "system being rigged" what they were actually doing was projecting their own plans to rig the system.

Um....by rigging the system?  As in, lying and cheating.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this, DC.  I stated how he won, and you asked me how he achieved it.  ?????

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2016, 09:31:47 pm »
Kendal Casey Unruh
7 hrs ·
Finally I have a minute to give an update. Be of good cheer, this battle has just started. Despite the thousands of emails that patriotic Americans lobbied the rules committee with, Trump refused to even allow debate and the conscience clause died. I tried to follow the rules and the decorum of the process. But the rules committee is 100% irrelevant to the binding movement. I have until Monday to collect signatures for a minority report. Nothing has changed in our planning phase to unbind the delegates. This now moves from a free the delegates phase to a "delegates unbound" phase. Because even though they put every binding rule they could in the rules, it means one thing, they know we have the numbers to unbind. NOW it is in the hands of all of you to exercise your God given right to conscience. A reporter asked "Why do you seem so upbeat after your defeat? " And I responded, "It's not a defeat. It's the starting line. Now the delegates themselves will have to take the baton." God is always in control. Don't stop praying.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:02 pm »
Kendal Casey Unruh
7 hrs ·
Finally I have a minute to give an update. Be of good cheer, this battle has just started. Despite the thousands of emails that patriotic Americans lobbied the rules committee with, Trump refused to even allow debate and the conscience clause died. I tried to follow the rules and the decorum of the process. But the rules committee is 100% irrelevant to the binding movement. I have until Monday to collect signatures for a minority report. Nothing has changed in our planning phase to unbind the delegates. This now moves from a free the delegates phase to a "delegates unbound" phase. Because even though they put every binding rule they could in the rules, it means one thing, they know we have the numbers to unbind. NOW it is in the hands of all of you to exercise your God given right to conscience. A reporter asked "Why do you seem so upbeat after your defeat? " And I responded, "It's not a defeat. It's the starting line. Now the delegates themselves will have to take the baton." God is always in control. Don't stop praying.

If true - and the delegates come through - it will be a true stick in the eye on the GOPe and Trumporama.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2016, 09:39:18 pm »
If true - and the delegates come through - it will be a true stick in the eye on the GOPe and Trumporama.

Oh, wow.  Please be true. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »

I'm trying to get approval from an acquaintance who was there to post an interview as an article here, but according to her, some big deals went down to appease a lot of the Never Trump faction by giving them Pence for VP as a compromise (sold as long term victory versus short term statement).

The part that was a bit shocking to her was the stories Trump tried to reverse the Pence decision at the last minute last night- after the Conscious Clause vote failed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »
I'm trying to get approval from an acquaintance who was there to post an interview as an article here, but according to her, some big deals went down to appease a lot of the Never Trump faction by giving them Pence for VP as a compromise (sold as long term victory versus short term statement).

The part that was a bit shocking to her was the stories Trump tried to reverse the Pence decision at the last minute last night- after the Conscious Clause vote failed.

Wait - the never-Trumps went to Cincinnati and all they got was...Mike Pence?   Did they want Pence?  How does that work?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2016, 02:14:01 am »
Put simply, we must oppose fascism and the ignorance that enables it.   And that means we must not just withhold our votes from Donald Trump, but to actively work and vote to defeat him.   By any means necessary.

How does that make you any different from Hillary Clinton and her supporters.

BTW, crying fascism when none is present...makes you a Chicken Little of the worst kind. Should the real thing ever come along, and it always comes from the far Left, nobody will listen to you when you point it out. You don't like Trump, he is no doubt narcissistic and a bit of a bloviator, but if you see him as a fascist than you really don't understand what the term means. Perhaps try a little historical research into the term...and don't come back with some ridiculous comparison to Mussolini...as the two men have virtually nothing in common politically.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2016, 02:26:31 am »
The above is in response to the question "Do you think Lincoln  used fascism?' by truth_seeker

@truth_seeker  @Smokin Joe

Close,but no cigar. Lincoln acted in a dictatorial manner by pushing an un-Constitional War on the nation,locking people up with no proof of guilt or trial,etc,etc,etc,but he was no fascist. He was just a run of the mill dictator.

To be a fascist you have to believe in global government with no nations and no free people or elections.

Which pretty much describes both Bubbette! and the creature she is running against.

You think that Hitler believed in "global government"? Really?

That's such a ridiculous definition of fascism...I almost ignored it, but it simply couldn't go uncontested. Try again, young fellow.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2016, 02:46:50 am »
You think that Hitler believed in "global government"? Really?<<

No,I KNOW that Hitler believed in a global government. He was on his way to creating one when he stubbed  his toe on the Russian winter.

>>That's such a ridiculous definition of fascism...I almost ignored it, but it simply couldn't go uncontested. Try again, young fellow.<<

I am not responsible for your ignorance

@Mesaclone
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2016, 02:51:46 am »
Wait - the never-Trumps went to Cincinnati and all they got was...Mike Pence?   Did they want Pence?  How does that work?

The argument that was made was that it was setting up for longer term conservative victories as long as they can win now. They may not be happy with Trump at all, but it would set up Pence and other Conservatives for more power.

You know how #NeverTrump I am, and I even almost have a fraction of a second thought with this argument- I'm concerned though about the overall authoritarian move both parties are setting up which is why I refuse to play the lesser of two evils game this year. (I won't repeat the same arguments I've made a few thousand times here, people are bored with me).

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2016, 03:10:27 am »
Oh but I did get behind Cruz....he lost....
Further more I'm NOT a Trumpazee/Trumpett or any other childish names those who oppose Trump have adopted, so please don't pigeon hole me in your 'group style chanting' of who is or not one. It's simply not relevant.

Additionally,  I and many others now supporting Trump did not come by our support of Trump easily by any means, and I thank you to respect that before you jump to assumptions. However I would certainly, without hesitation accept being called anything rather than a Hillary supporter,....BTW supporting Trump does make that distinction since they are the nominees.

Terrific post @WAC

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2016, 03:15:45 am »

Pic snapped of @sinkspur upon hearing the news......      :seeya:

And, here goes yet another Free Republic Trumpkin clown, doing what they do.

Always.

Every chance they get.

And I don't even care if he wasn't on FR, he's following the same damn Alinsky model.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2016, 03:17:40 am »
How does that make you any different from Hillary Clinton and her supporters.

We're not Alinskyite Marxists.  That's the difference.  We're Constitutional Patriots who recognize that Trump has no regard for the Constitution and see your prince and the mob he has incited as far more dangerous than Hillary.  We intend to do everything we can to support and vote for an actual Conservative from a third party on the top of the ticket in November.  Your party is as good as dead to us.

What do you intend to do about it?

BTW, crying fascism when none is present...makes you a Chicken Little of the worst kind.

Well, Obama insists there is no threat from Islam either, so either you see a threat for what it is, or you crawl into your Normalcy Bias.

Should the real thing ever come along, and it always comes from the far Left, nobody will listen to you when you point it out.

You don't recognize Trump as being a lifelong liberal Leftist who funded and supported the Clintons and Communist Bill DeBlasio either, so clearly nobody should listen to you about what Fascism is, because you cannot even recognize Trump for what he is.

Fascism was designed as a third way between laissez-faire/crony capitalism and communism. Mussolini acknowledged the roles of private property and the profit motive as legitimate incentives for productivity—provided that they did not conflict with the interests of the state. If they were seen as necessary for the good of the state - Mussolini simply took them over while offering a pittance in compensation.  Eminent domain anyone?

don't come back with some ridiculous comparison to Mussolini...as the two men have virtually nothing in common politically.

You are an historical ignoramus.

Trump's domestic Nationalist protectionism plans are nearly identical to Mussolini's and borrowed almost in their entirety from Hillary and Bernie Sanders, who rolled out their plans before Trump announced his.

Mussolini's efforts to increase the productivity and self-sufficiency of Italy began in 1921 with a series of protective and punitive tariffs levied on all foreign imports to lower competition and bring jobs to Italian industry.  Sound familiar?  Mussolini created the 'corporate state', where the merging of business and government was done in a charter group of 22 massive corporations all run by government oversight with each field of industry that did not permit any business function to operate outside Italy in the name of making the State completely self-sufficient.  In short, Mussolini wanted to make sure that Italian companies made 'their damn products here" and used punitive measures to prohibit trade he did not approve of.

Mussolini was a blowhard and demonized anyone and anything he saw as not giving him the deference of due he believed he was entitled.  He used the media as a weapon, demonizing his enemies and promoting his own interest in a very public show and display that captivated masses and created his own propaganda reality.

I say both Trump and Mussolini have a whole lot of ideas in common.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2016, 03:19:43 am »
Awww...would you like a back rub or something?

@mystery-ak @Repub4Trump

The Gang of Five prosecution of #nevertrump rests, my ladies!

We don't wish to have anybody "tossed out".

We just want desperately for all of you to get your heads out of your a$$es.

@Repub4Trump @mystery-ak

I wish the Moderators would simply start Zotting the #NeverTrump Constitutionalists, and stop the farce about even administration. 

There are different rules for Trump supporters on TBR.  They can lie, cheat, steal, insult, and it's all cool.  Right?